lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Having a banlist > 64
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-01-2009, 11:37 AM   #1
Flyswamper
Lurker

Having a banlist > 64

Hi Guys,

I'm one of the senior admins for our gaming communities SWBFII servers (we are WGO - World Gaming Order....and have 6 dedicated SWBFII servers online 24/7).

We use BBO version 1.1 to run/manage our servers.

As some of you know, (Triphammer...I'm guessing you are the only one listening.... ) there is effectively a limit of 64 players than can be banned using BBO v1.1 for any given server.

I've heard that this 64-ban limit is specific to the BBO SM/RM software and not the actual game-server itself. I don't know for sure if that's true or not. Can any of you confirm this or enlighten me?

Also....I'm wondering if we might ableto have some sort of script that runs independant of the BBO SM/RM software that maybe could issue the rcon commands to the server so that everytime the server was started it would load a list of permanant bans. And in so doing, we could just use the BBO software to manage our timed/temporary bans....thereby effectively allowing us to have the banlist go above 64 if needed.

So, basically, I'm just fishing for ideas as to whether they is any way to work-around the 64-entry limit for bans.

Thoughts?
Flyswamper is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars Battlefront II > Server Administration > Having a banlist > 64