lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: It's Coming... Set for the Fall!
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-27-2009, 01:48 AM   #1
LordJhredmo
Rookie
 
LordJhredmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Vancouver, B.C., Canada
Posts: 135
Current Game: Battlefront II
It's Coming... Set for the Fall!

I'm very disappointed in every aspect of this game, including the ridiculous Mon Calamari I've seen around. Not to mention I'll be missing out on the fact that it will not be in PC. The graphics look like a bloody down-grade salad-toss of BFI and BFII.

Adding heroes and concepts from TFU is in really bad taste, in my opinion. I think TFU should be discounted as anything even close to canon. That's being generous in my feelings on it...

I think we may understand why the whole customization idea was a bad one. Seeing these multi-coloured clowns run around is not my idea of a good Star Wars FPS.

Star Wars: New Battlefront Main Page

Star Wars: New Battlefront Project Info

I'll let you guys rip up the rest of it. Enjoy?...


R E I G N
Sith Empire
PvE ♦ PvP ♦ RP-lite
LordJhredmo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2009, 10:29 AM   #2
shukkoku
Rookie
 
shukkoku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: BC
Posts: 125
Current Game: Uncharted 2
I think this side project and has no influence on swbf3, although why they would spend their time on this instead is ridiculous
shukkoku is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2009, 11:18 AM   #3
Bokken
Wizard of Yendor
 
Bokken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: 127.0.0.1
Posts: 566
Current Game: Abandoned Realms
This is ridiculous. The quote below just about says it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach
Why are they wasting time with this crap? Who really wants to play an FPS on a 4 inch screen? It's just renegade squadron 2.0 because they're too lazy to actually devote the resources towards finishing their games, just starting them and shoving half done releases out the door.


Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJhredmo
It is LucasArts.
Bokken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2009, 12:34 PM   #4
TSR
Hoist the colours!
 
TSR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lincoln, England, UK
Posts: 2,777
Current Game: Rift
Forum Veteran LF Jester Helpful! 
What a dick move to make it handheld only. LA seems intent on doing everything in their power to make everyone hate them.


British By Birth. English By The Grace Of God

Dulce et Decorum Est Pro Patria Mori
Let Mercy Come
TSR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2009, 06:13 PM   #5
Bokken
Wizard of Yendor
 
Bokken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: 127.0.0.1
Posts: 566
Current Game: Abandoned Realms
And it's working.


Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJhredmo
It is LucasArts.
Bokken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2009, 06:34 PM   #6
CommanderQ
I should go.
 
CommanderQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: California
Posts: 2,630
Current Game: Mass Effect
Forum Veteran Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
^^Very well at that


you very much
If a tree would fall in the woods.....would the other trees laugh at it?
CommanderQ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2009, 10:02 PM   #7
jawathehutt
Its 5 o'clock somewhere
 
jawathehutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,636
Current Game: Age of Empires II
Could someone tell me why we must dirty the battlefront 2 section by creating sections for this failware?



"Everyone that posts here is aware of the game, thanks though." ET
"It is Lucasarts"~ LordJhredmo
jawathehutt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-28-2009, 01:03 AM   #8
LordJhredmo
Rookie
 
LordJhredmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Vancouver, B.C., Canada
Posts: 135
Current Game: Battlefront II
I agree with jawa... It's useless to have.


R E I G N
Sith Empire
PvE ♦ PvP ♦ RP-lite
LordJhredmo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-28-2009, 09:12 PM   #9
Maveritchell
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 49
"OMG LA hatez us" is a little ignorant. This was probably planned to ship alongside of SWBF3, not instead of it. It looks about as good (appearance-wise) as one could expect from portable systems.
Maveritchell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-28-2009, 10:28 PM   #10
shukkoku
Rookie
 
shukkoku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: BC
Posts: 125
Current Game: Uncharted 2
yeah, but since swbf 3 isn't being released any time soon. These games seem kind of feeble on their own.
shukkoku is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-28-2009, 11:21 PM   #11
Bokken
Wizard of Yendor
 
Bokken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: 127.0.0.1
Posts: 566
Current Game: Abandoned Realms
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maveritchell View Post
"OMG LA hatez us" is a little ignorant.
That's not what we're saying. We are saying that, in effect, they do not seem to particularly care about what the overall quality of the games that they're churning out, despite what the people who will/would be playing those games want. And no, I'm not just talking about these forums.


Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJhredmo
It is LucasArts.
Bokken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-28-2009, 11:21 PM   #12
LordJhredmo
Rookie
 
LordJhredmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Vancouver, B.C., Canada
Posts: 135
Current Game: Battlefront II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maveritchell View Post
"OMG LA hatez us" is a little ignorant. This was probably planned to ship alongside of SWBF3, not instead of it. It looks about as good (appearance-wise) as one could expect from portable systems.
Sorry, Mav, but I don't think anyone here has taken that position on it. And "probably" is a longshot, at best. Though there is a possibility it is still coming, this puts a hold on it. I highly doubt both being released at once...

Also, I really don't think it's very good in appearance, so I have to disagree with you there... Customizable skins has seemed to have the lamest of effects. Pink/green troopers makes no sense. The classic look in BFII makes sense to me, though I hate the 501st immensely (give me unique clones per planet!).


R E I G N
Sith Empire
PvE ♦ PvP ♦ RP-lite
LordJhredmo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-29-2009, 12:05 AM   #13
urluckyday
Up all night to get lucky
 
urluckyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Beautiful USA
Posts: 2,760
Current Game: Red Orchestra 2
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
well...when I saw this announcement online today...all I thought was...classic Lucasarts disappointment...



If I die today, I'm happy how my life turned out
urluckyday is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-30-2009, 02:44 PM   #14
Maveritchell
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJhredmo View Post
Sorry, Mav, but I don't think anyone here has taken that position on it.
?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR View Post
What a dick move to make it handheld only. LA seems intent on doing everything in their power to make everyone hate them.
You've gotten a single news release about it and this whole thread condemns it for perceived inadequacies of its predecessor (Renegade Squadron, and it's worth noting that the "customizable" only carries over to the PSP, the DS version uses BF1/2's class system).

Is there really something here you wanted to see out of a handheld game that you're not getting? I really feel like this is one more "oh fiddlesticks, no SWBF3, ergo whine."*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJhredmo View Post
And "probably" is a longshot, at best.
Really? Based on what? Because of the time it takes to develop a game (for any platform), it's not like they could have just thrown this together when they figured that SWBF3 wouldn't make it out the door (up until less than a year ago Free Radical was working on it). It was certainly being developed alongside SWBF3 - and because of that it is very likely that it was planned for a side-by-side release. I don't really see any justification or evidence for what you claim.

*It's worth noting that this bitterness is symptomatic of most posters on this board, though. I hate to pigeonhole people, but 90% of posts are either condescension towards newbies or whining about something in/upcoming in Battlefront.
Maveritchell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-30-2009, 02:52 PM   #15
Bokken
Wizard of Yendor
 
Bokken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: 127.0.0.1
Posts: 566
Current Game: Abandoned Realms
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maveritchell View Post
*It's worth noting that this bitterness is symptomatic of most posters on this board, though. I hate to pigeonhole people, but 90% of posts are either condescension towards spammers and topic necromancers or trying to keep the forums alive with the only topic of conversation you have left: Battlefront III.
Corrected. We may be bitter as bloody gall, but that is an attitude developed after an extended stay on these forums; the attitude did not just pop out of the woodwork. I'm willing to bet that none of us expect you to share our opinions. Perhaps out attitude is just a facade or affectation that keeps us from having to deal with the reality that our voices don't matter at all. But you shouldn't just pop up here once a month to tell us that we're confused, deluded, bitter, and misinformed.

And I'm sorry, but when I have seen better graphics on GameBoy Advance games, I tend to get the idea that they didn't spend a whole lot of time on it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJhredmo
It is LucasArts.

Last edited by Bokken; 05-30-2009 at 03:03 PM.
Bokken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-30-2009, 08:31 PM   #16
LordJhredmo
Rookie
 
LordJhredmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Vancouver, B.C., Canada
Posts: 135
Current Game: Battlefront II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maveritchell View Post
?

You've gotten a single news release about it and this whole thread condemns it for perceived inadequacies of its predecessor (Renegade Squadron, and it's worth noting that the "customizable" only carries over to the PSP, the DS version uses BF1/2's class system).

Is there really something here you wanted to see out of a handheld game that you're not getting? I really feel like this is one more "oh fiddlesticks, no SWBF3, ergo whine."*


Really? Based on what? Because of the time it takes to develop a game (for any platform), it's not like they could have just thrown this together when they figured that SWBF3 wouldn't make it out the door (up until less than a year ago Free Radical was working on it). It was certainly being developed alongside SWBF3 - and because of that it is very likely that it was planned for a side-by-side release. I don't really see any justification or evidence for what you claim.

*It's worth noting that this bitterness is symptomatic of most posters on this board, though. I hate to pigeonhole people, but 90% of posts are either condescension towards newbies or whining about something in/upcoming in Battlefront.

Regarding your first paragraph... I wouldn't say we "condemned" it, but we certainly made our dislike and distaste in it clear, considering everything that's happened so far. I'm not sure how closely you're following this, but there's a lot going on and this is not a very satisfactory result from the company, as customers and consumers.

Honestly, I don't care which handheld has customization. It's idiotic and just plain stupid as an idea. I don't care if it's on DS or PSP. This is just another let-down to PC gamers anyway, let alone this is nothing more than a lazy piece of junk added to the heap.

In answer to your question, no, there is nothing there I wanted to see out of a handheld video game. I don't even want to see a handheld video game of Battlefront at all. No, it's not "fiddlesticks"... It's "why the big to-do over this all, with the turmoil and all the fuss surrounding it, when it's a complete downgrade pathetic excuse for a Battlefront nonsense.

I'm not claiming anything. Sorry. And yes, they did just throw it together... They added some more heroes (which is something most people here will hate so much they'll laugh), and some colours... This isn't what anyone expected from them. Slap in the face doesn't do this justice. Also, I'd like to know what evidence you have for your (actual) claim that this is a side-by-side.

I love how you can actually make such assertions of the members of this forum and make such accusations. I fail to see your point in it, regardless of the slander.

Also, what are you doing, assuming you're not part of the 90%, on this forum? Complaining about complainers? That's disappointing.

Addendum to bokken's post:

I totally agree with that. I haven't been here long, but I can see how and why the folks here can feel the way they do. One disappointment after another...

I also find it disrespectful that Mav could have the audacity to actually insult the members here and believe what he's saying is somehow contributing in any way, when he's simply making hostilities.

And yes, the graphics are beyond comprehension in their insanely dinky looks. I don't know how anyone can justify that one...

GL/HF, all.


R E I G N
Sith Empire
PvE ♦ PvP ♦ RP-lite
LordJhredmo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-30-2009, 09:15 PM   #17
Maveritchell
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJhredmo View Post
Regarding your first paragraph... I wouldn't say we "condemned" it,
Having not played it, you say:
Quote:
I'm very disappointed in every aspect of this game
Quote:
This is ridiculous.
Quote:
this failware?
Quote:
It's useless
That is a condemnation in that you're saying - before it's released, and about a week after it's been announced - that it's going to be bad. You simply don't know enough to say more than I don't like what little they've shown. And by your own admission you don't care whether they release handheld versions... so why the ire (which would bring me back to my initial question of "do you all just like to complain?")? It's not like this is eating into:
a) Your wallets
b) LA's contracted-out work on SWBF3 (they don't make these things in-house anymore anyway)

I simply don't see what there is to complain about if you're not interested in a portable game. The whining is just for the sake of posting about something.

Quote:
I love how you can actually make such assertions of the members of this forum and make such accusations. I fail to see your point in it, regardless of the slander.
I'm willing to back it up with examples, if you want. I'm not out to slander you (or more correctly libel), I'm pointing out what I see as a disappointment - you drive away any potential new posters by acting like jerks by and large and then complain that there's nothing going on. I could have posted something to that effect in almost any thread updated recently but chose to point it out in this one simply because it was the most apparent here.
Quote:
I also find it disrespectful that Mav could have the audacity to actually insult the members here
Don't play the hurt card. "How dare he insult us," when in fact I'm not calling you names any more than "bitter" and this is the same kind of treatment you dish out in spades to a lot of new posters. Don't dish it out if you're unwilling to take it. Or even better, if you don't have anything constructive to say, don't say it at all. The idea that "oh we'll bash all the newbies and that'll straighten 'em right out" - which I've seen written almost verbatim - is a terrible idea and a personal disappointment. That's why I point it out, because I think you're only hurting yourselves and I want to help.
Maveritchell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-30-2009, 09:32 PM   #18
Bokken
Wizard of Yendor
 
Bokken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: 127.0.0.1
Posts: 566
Current Game: Abandoned Realms
Jhredmo himself was a newbie that we didn't drive away due to his apparent knowledge of forum etiquette. I do not remember whether or not he actually did resurrect any threads or not, but I am sure that we did criticize him. He took that criticism with a grain of salt, improved, and has thus far contributed to the community.

I appreciate that your comments, although taken offensively, were made in neutrality. You have to understand that we cannot properly moderate these forums. On GameToast, you have a very effective method: simply lock the topics. However, nobody cares about these forums anymore, so we simply lock the topics with comments that are both sarcastic and facetious. Topics being locked, albeit crudely, it is up to the newbies whether or not to continue.


Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJhredmo
It is LucasArts.

Last edited by Bokken; 05-30-2009 at 10:43 PM.
Bokken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-31-2009, 12:04 AM   #19
LordJhredmo
Rookie
 
LordJhredmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Vancouver, B.C., Canada
Posts: 135
Current Game: Battlefront II
My replies are in red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maveritchell View Post
I simply don't see what there is to complain about if you're not interested in a portable game. The whining is just for the sake of posting about something.

The fact it's obviously not a side-by-side brings the suspicion that any SWBFIII will be delayed, even if it's in the works. And the fact you're whining about our apparent whining (which is a discussion) is even more disappointing, if you are indeed correct.

I'm willing to back it up with examples, if you want. I'm not out to slander you (or more correctly libel), I'm pointing out what I see as a disappointment - you drive away any potential new posters by acting like jerks by and large and then complain that there's nothing going on. I could have posted something to that effect in almost any thread updated recently but chose to point it out in this one simply because it was the most apparent here.

May I some some of the examples you speak of? That's a very presumptuous image you have painted of the posters here. We're all the same, apparently... Then why don't you go ahead and post in every thread? I think that would get better results than a post here and there. Doesn't make much of a point, but rather insulting in that method.

Don't play the hurt card. "How dare he insult us," when in fact I'm not calling you names any more than "bitter" and this is the same kind of treatment you dish out in spades to a lot of new posters. Don't dish it out if you're unwilling to take it. Or even better, if you don't have anything constructive to say, don't say it at all. The idea that "oh we'll bash all the newbies and that'll straighten 'em right out" - which I've seen written almost verbatim - is a terrible idea and a personal disappointment. That's why I point it out, because I think you're only hurting yourselves and I want to help.

I don't play cards, so no thank you. I didn't say "how dare" nothing... I don't insult anyone here. Your assumption of this brings more offence to what you're saying. Kindly provide me a quote of myself doing this. If you have nothing good to say, then why are you posting here insulting us while we discuss what we find undesirable about the new game?

Who is bashing "newbies"?... And how is that even relevant? You're not helping by creating a debate, I must say. It's just insulting and hostile.
My replies are in blue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokkenblader56 View Post
Jhredmo himself was a newbie that we didn't drive away due to his apparent knowledge of forum etiquette. I do not remember whether or not he actually did resurrect any threads or not, but I am sure that we did criticize him. He took that criticism with a grain of salt, improved, and has thus far contributed to the community.

Yes, I've been a newbie for a while now. I still have yet to grow out of this phase. I have some understanding in how to conduct myself, and I have resurrected a thread last week (it was the most recent topic and I thought it was new. I did delete my posts, though, and yes, I was criticized). I learn from my mistakes and grow from them. I am proud to continue learning from others and myself. Thank you.

I appreciate that your comments, although taken offensively, were made in neutrality. You have to understand that we cannot properly moderate these forums. On GameToast, you have a very effective method: simply lock the topics. However, nobody cares about these forums anymore, so we simply lock the topics with comments that are both sarcastic and facetious. Topics being locked, albeit crudely, it is up to the newbies whether or not to continue.


R E I G N
Sith Empire
PvE ♦ PvP ♦ RP-lite
LordJhredmo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-31-2009, 12:28 AM   #20
jawathehutt
Its 5 o'clock somewhere
 
jawathehutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,636
Current Game: Age of Empires II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maveritchell View Post

*It's worth noting that this bitterness is symptomatic of most posters on this board, though. I hate to pigeonhole people, but 90% of posts are either condescension towards newbies or whining about something in/upcoming in Battlefront.
I've been on the batlefront forum for years and I've seen the dump this place can become. Like Bokken said, GT is a well moderated and intellegent site. Take away the mods except to get rid of adbots and let sit for a few years and you'll have another battlefront section. This place used to be much better because we had things to talk about, but now that the game is old, everything has been discussed to the fullest, I really don't care if some one who is apparently experiencing internet forums for the first time ever has a solution to an issue solved years ago. If they don't want to raise themselves up to the not very high standard of this place, fine by me, better to not have them anyways. I would rather see this place die with class over see is be taken over by idiots who are unaware of the existence of the shift key and barely able to form a complete sentence.

And regarding the game, heres a description
http://www.officialnintendomagazine....le.php?id=8818
Quote:
Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron's story spans the entire Star Wars saga. Playing as X2, a clone trooper
Not exactly a grunt sounding name but it has possibilities. Moving on to the rest of the paragraph
Quote:
a clone trooper created from the DNA of a Jedi Master, you joined the rebellion after being told to eliminate Jedi during Order 66. However, your clone brother X1 chooses a dark path, leading to a confrontation that could determine the fate of the Empire and the Rebellion.
What the ****ing hell? A clone trooper... made from Jedi DNA... You determine fate of empire and rebellion...Seriously? What? The reason I enjoy battlefield and battlefront games are because I'm not some steroid abusing, near invincible super soldier who has the fate of the war and universe resting on their massive buff shoulders or massive breasts if the character happens to be female. No, instead I play as a grunt who has allies for more reasons than just something to babysit a few missions and then forget. But aside from that fact that this game should have been called Force Unleashed: Portable, lets move on.
Quote:
We're told that the battles waged on each front will be affected by your actions, so every shot fired and every enemy defeated can affect the outcome of a battle on another front.
I can tell people massive hyperboles too, if only video game magazines would pay attention to me...
Quote:
The DS version features class-based gameplay that allows you to equip your characters with pre-determined weapon armaments, including heavy weapons, blasters and lightsabers
Good, lets destroy Star Wars Cannon even more by giving clones lightsabers, and to make this game identical to every other game with jedi, include some other filler weapons that no one actually uses once they can use light sabers
So Mav, look forward to TFU: Elite Squadron as much as you want, this small article has already given me enough reason to know it will be sub par at best.



"Everyone that posts here is aware of the game, thanks though." ET
"It is Lucasarts"~ LordJhredmo

Last edited by jawathehutt; 05-31-2009 at 12:53 AM.
jawathehutt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-31-2009, 02:09 AM   #21
Maveritchell
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJhredmo View Post
My replies are in red.

VENT.

Listen, fella. I have no desire to roll around in the muck that is e-debate. This isn't about you personally (you seem to be a courteous poster when you're not ruffling your feathers) but it is about what I see on the board (acknowledged in the posts above and below yours).

I'm not going to tell you [this is the impersonal you, just for clarification ] how to treat people or whether or not you're allowed to whine about most things, I do not have that happy privilege here. I think you're doing more harm than good and whatever your justifications are I don't think they're worth it. If a forum's inactive, it might be best to just let it be. If needs arise for it the crap'll get cleaned out pretty quick.

But I won't wax counselor anymore, I'm not gonna believe that I have one whit of control over how anyone else thinks - I'm just trying to look out for you.

----

As far as the game itself goes, I could care less how the story develops at this point. I don't expect any sort of story out of an action-shooter as long as it's done well. In fact I really don't care what the name "Battlefront" is plastered on as long as the game is fun - it could be an RPG, an action game, whatever.

I'll admit that the story sounds pretty rough, though. Inevitably it's going to play out like any number of stories sandwiched in a time that already has beginning and end plotted - a zero-sum story (both characters will end up killing each other "canonically" or some such nonsense).
Quote:
So Mav, look forward to TFU: Elite Squadron
To be honest I would if that were the game. I'm not going to get hung up on what it's called.
Quote:
Good, lets destroy Star Wars Cannon even more by giving clones lightsabers
Now, they didn't say that - be fair now. They could add a Jedi class and not "destroy" anything - although I must admit the loathing some have for melee units in a shooter game baffles me.

I'll be the first to admit if a game ends up disappointing me. But I've had experiences where I haven't been looking forward to a game and then tried it to my delight (and of course the inverse). Because of those I'm not willing to toss a game in the bin until I've given it a fair shake - and no one in this thread seems to be willing to give it that. Just playing devil's advocate.
Maveritchell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-01-2009, 11:23 AM   #22
CrownStar
Lurker
 
CrownStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Space
Posts: 7
Current Game: SWBF II
I agree with Mav for the most part, mainly because he isn’t afraid to state his opinion with the ‘constructive’ criticism he’s going to probably receive, if not already. Though the game does like a bit…’unworthy of getting, I myself would usually try the game first. For a short example LOTR, we all know that game sucked but I at least tried beforehand. Either way, it’d be best to try it simply because if you try it and you’re disappointed, lesson learned. If you don’t try it you’ll never know what you’re messing on anyway. At least he was honest with his opinion, though.
CrownStar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-01-2009, 01:37 PM   #23
Bokken
Wizard of Yendor
 
Bokken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: 127.0.0.1
Posts: 566
Current Game: Abandoned Realms
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownStar View Post
I agree with Mav for the most part, mainly because he isn’t afraid to state his opinion with the ‘constructive’ criticism he’s going to probably receive, if not already.
Going by that reasoning, you could agree with quite a few people who are just plain wrong. Not that Mav is, but agreement mainly due to the fact that he stated his opinion and not with the opinion itself sounds foolish.

And Mav, the loathing of melee units is simply about the unbalance and cheap tactics that they add to multiplayer games, just like many complain about mine and detpack spammers.


Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJhredmo
It is LucasArts.
Bokken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-01-2009, 03:49 PM   #24
CrownStar
Lurker
 
CrownStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Space
Posts: 7
Current Game: SWBF II
True, actually. However, obviously there is a difference between right and wrong. An opinion is what we're all entitled to. I know that if you roll with someone's opinion it COULD be run, but in this case I agree with him because my ideals are similar to his. That's to basically defend your generalization.
CrownStar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-01-2009, 05:17 PM   #25
Maveritchell
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokkenblader56 View Post
Going by that reasoning, you could agree with quite a few people who are just plain wrong. Not that Mav is, but agreement mainly due to the fact that he stated his opinion and not with the opinion itself sounds foolish.
Yeah, there are a lot of people who voice their opinions loudly and are most likely wrong. Using "confidence of the one with an opinion" as a metric isn't the best way to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokkenblader56 View Post
And Mav, the loathing of melee units is simply about the unbalance and cheap tactics that they add to multiplayer games, just like many complain about mine and detpack spammers.
That doesn't mean melee's a bad idea, just like detpacks and mines (as weapons) aren't bad ideas. If the implementation of it feels off that is a correctable problem not a persistent issue.
Maveritchell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-02-2009, 07:02 AM   #26
Theone Thewayne
Rookie
 
Theone Thewayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 101
In my opinion: BF1 was the best of them all.
BF2 didn't really improved the graphics and introducing the heroes/jedi to the game made it look like a hack & slash game instead of a decent shooter.
As for the mobile games and portable games > Who wants to play a shooter on such tiny screens? Although bringing more story in the game and the customization part was an improvement.
But the fans aren't waiting for another portable game. We are waiting for an epic SW-Shooter, with the grapics of TFU or better. That's why I think BF:ES is an EPIC FAILURE.

BTW: I saw some screenshots of the game and read a part of the story and I noticed it looked like that cam-movie of BF3 from Free Radical.



Made by IC-1989 a.k.a. Theone Thewayne.
Theone Thewayne is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-02-2009, 08:41 PM   #27
LordJhredmo
Rookie
 
LordJhredmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Vancouver, B.C., Canada
Posts: 135
Current Game: Battlefront II
My replies are in red. regardless of whatever "vent" assumption one might imply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maveritchell View Post

Listen, fella. I have no desire to roll around in the muck that is e-debate. This isn't about you personally (you seem to be a courteous poster when you're not ruffling your feathers) but it is about what I see on the board (acknowledged in the posts above and below yours).

Apparently you have some level of desire, else I don't know why you would continue posting here in debate of the subject. For your information that "isn't about me personally," my feathers aren't ruffled, as I don't tend to emote online...

I'm not going to tell you [this is the impersonal you, just for clarification ] how to treat people or whether or not you're allowed to whine about most things, I do not have that happy privilege here. I think you're doing more harm than good and whatever your justifications are I don't think they're worth it. If a forum's inactive, it might be best to just let it be. If needs arise for it the crap'll get cleaned out pretty quick.

1. What am I harming and how?
2. Why are you giving us suggestions on letting a forum go active if we want to discuss something?
3. Are we not allowed the privilege or right to voice our opinions and discuss them?
4. What need arise? The only crap I've identified here is the continued personal issue you keep bringing up beside the debate by going off-topic onto our forum conduct, which seems to have been noticeably different from yours here so far...


But I won't wax counselor anymore, I'm not gonna believe that I have one whit of control over how anyone else thinks - I'm just trying to look out for you.

I certainly hope that was not your motivation nor justification for this character critique on the members of this forum. Feel free to cease and desist "looking out for me." I can manage on my own.

----

As far as the game itself goes, I could care less how the story develops at this point. I don't expect any sort of story out of an action-shooter as long as it's done well. In fact I really don't care what the name "Battlefront" is plastered on as long as the game is fun - it could be an RPG, an action game, whatever.

If you don't care about the story development, then seriously, Mav, you're probably in the wrong place. We're here to discuss the game, not be counseled by you like you have in previous posts (and above). There are some who do appreciate and expect a non-ridiculously idiotic storyline, though you may not be one of them. We're questioning the fun level on a preliminary basis and hypothesizing aspects from what is known so far.

I'll admit that the story sounds pretty rough, though. Inevitably it's going to play out like any number of stories sandwiched in a time that already has beginning and end plotted - a zero-sum story (both characters will end up killing each other "canonically" or some such nonsense).

This... is what... we're talking... about... here... But you don't seem to think we should criticize. Note my quote... "It is LucasArts," thus why we're having this discussion, which you don't seem to think we have any place to criticize here.

To be honest I would if that were the game. I'm not going to get hung up on what it's called.

I could care less about the name... I'm talking about the game play and the factors involved in the game so far.

Now, they didn't say that - be fair now. They could add a Jedi class and not "destroy" anything - although I must admit the loathing some have for melee units in a shooter game baffles me.

Overpowered melee often leads to less quality game play for those who suffer the fight with the melee... The Jedi class becomes even more annoying when there's a terrible excuse/justification for it in the story line. Cloned Jedi are the stupidest thing I've ever heard of in the Star Wars universe, by far. How you can justify this is baffling to me.

I'll be the first to admit if a game ends up disappointing me. But I've had experiences where I haven't been looking forward to a game and then tried it to my delight (and of course the inverse). Because of those I'm not willing to toss a game in the bin until I've given it a fair shake - and no one in this thread seems to be willing to give it that. Just playing devil's advocate.

I like to know about the product I'm investing in before giving it your proverbial "fair shake." If it's so obvious how lame the main components of the game will be to me, I will save myself some money by not buying the hand-held and game. Not everyone enjoys blowing their money on a tiny trash-worthy LA game if they can avoid it. If that contradicts your standard procedure for game purchases, I can see how LA stays in business with that kind of customer dedication...
I hate having to begin like this, but look at the post count, just to start. I fail to see where this fellow obtained his terms of reference to reply with any sort of educated contribution. My replies are in orange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownStar View Post
I agree with Mav for the most part, mainly because he isn’t afraid to state his opinion with the ‘constructive’ criticism he’s going to probably receive, if not already.

I agree with bokken on this point. The logic involved with that statement makes absolutely no sense. I also wonder if this is also motivated by automatic sympathy for an apparent "martyr" in the circumstances. I hate to make such personal comments, but I'm replying to what I'm observing here. Just because someone can post their opinion (which everyone has), it doesn't necessarily make them a messiah.

Though the game does like a bit…’unworthy of getting, I myself would usually try the game first. For a short example LOTR, we all know that game sucked but I at least tried beforehand.

I'm unsure what "LOTR" game you're talking about, perhaps Battle for Middle-earths? Yes, they lacked proper support and patching (I wouldn't use the term "sucked," though), but RotWK alone was better than this at first sight...

Either way, it’d be best to try it simply because if you try it and you’re disappointed, lesson learned. If you don’t try it you’ll never know what you’re messing on anyway. At least he was honest with his opinion, though.

Again, I'll say I'm not going to blow cash on a new hand-held because LA is too cheap to make a proper game on PC. I refuse to conform to low-grade, low-quality cash-wastage.

There are many people "honest" with their opinions, but I suppose that makes them worthy of support, regardless of substance or anything else defining of such opinion(s)?...
That is all for now...


R E I G N
Sith Empire
PvE ♦ PvP ♦ RP-lite

Last edited by LordJhredmo; 06-02-2009 at 08:52 PM.
LordJhredmo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2009, 07:28 AM   #28
CrownStar
Lurker
 
CrownStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Space
Posts: 7
Current Game: SWBF II
My Replies are in Royal.


Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJhredmo View Post
I agree with bokken on this point. The logic involved with that statement makes absolutely no sense. I also wonder if this is also motivated by automatic sympathy for an apparent "martyr" in the circumstances. I hate to make such personal comments, but I'm replying to what I'm observing here. Just because someone can post their opinion (which everyone has), it doesn't necessarily make them a messiah.

What? So. . .I basically agreed with someone I don't know for sypmathy? That makes sense and I see why you'd say something like that. However, this has nothing to do with that. And once again, I'm saying I only took his said because his view points are similar to my own. I'm not making him any 'Messiah' or whatever else you have to put out there. It's nothing complicated to it, just similar opinions, and everyone seems to conclude he's being praised. Now seriously, I came to this forum because of the Battlefront series and how I enjoyed it. I understand I'm new and that 'we' will tend to get a hard time for being fresh on the page. So no one starts out perfect. And it's apparent that the 'newbies' are inexperienced and more pointed towards their own ideas, rather than what the thread desires. So. . .If you want to keep on this same subject about me agreeing with someone. . .then god help you. It's only human nature. You act as though you've never agreed with someone before.


Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJhredmo View Post
I'm unsure what "LOTR" game you're talking about, perhaps Battle for Middle-earths? Yes, they lacked proper support and patching (I wouldn't use the term "sucked," though), but RotWK alone was better than this at first sight...

Yeah, Lord of the Rings. Not a good game. I tried it though.


Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJhredmo View Post
Again, I'll say I'm not going to blow cash on a new hand-held because LA is too cheap to make a proper game on PC. I refuse to conform to low-grade, low-quality cash-wastage.

There are many people "honest" with their opinions, but I suppose that makes them worthy of support, regardless of substance or anything else defining of such opinion(s)?...

That makes sense as well. But either way in my own 'opinion' I'm saying I'd at least try it. But if you are positive it's going to be a complete waste, then you not buying the game is something that's up to you. . .Not any of us. The only thing we can do is influence your decision with our own opinions and thoughts.

Last edited by CrownStar; 06-03-2009 at 12:12 PM.
CrownStar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2009, 07:59 PM   #29
TSR
Hoist the colours!
 
TSR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lincoln, England, UK
Posts: 2,777
Current Game: Rift
Forum Veteran LF Jester Helpful! 
Theres alot of people with holding chips on their shoulders here.

As far as I'm aware, not checking up on any E3 coverage by anything LA that is, the only thing we have so far is that the site claims it is PSP/DS only and the screenies look awful regardless. I had the BF2 version when I had my psp and it looked better.

Though they could still be in production, I doubt it. Why release them otherwise?

That is why I'm not getting excited.

Now go ahead and tell me why I'm wrong.


British By Birth. English By The Grace Of God

Dulce et Decorum Est Pro Patria Mori
Let Mercy Come
TSR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-10-2009, 08:23 PM   #30
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria
 
MachineCult's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Disneyland?
Posts: 2,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJhredmo View Post
My replies are in red.
My replies are in blue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJhredmo View Post
My replies are in red.
My replies are in orange.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownStar View Post
My Replies are in Royal.
WTF is all this about?

I'll probably get the game, but i'll be damned if i'm paying for it.



"For where ever there is a n00b, there is MachineCult to make him cry and cringe."
- Halo_92

MachineCult is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-10-2009, 11:08 PM   #31
Bokken
Wizard of Yendor
 
Bokken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: 127.0.0.1
Posts: 566
Current Game: Abandoned Realms
The ol' five finger discount, MC? Or just a bootleg?


Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJhredmo
It is LucasArts.
Bokken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-11-2009, 03:53 AM   #32
TSR
Hoist the colours!
 
TSR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lincoln, England, UK
Posts: 2,777
Current Game: Rift
Forum Veteran LF Jester Helpful! 
*Sees machineCult*

*Gasps*

RUNNING HUG


British By Birth. English By The Grace Of God

Dulce et Decorum Est Pro Patria Mori
Let Mercy Come
TSR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-11-2009, 10:22 AM   #33
CommanderQ
I should go.
 
CommanderQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: California
Posts: 2,630
Current Game: Mass Effect
Forum Veteran Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
MachineCult is infected with the virus! It won't be long until WE want the game! Be gone foul creature!! *forms cross with fingers*


you very much
If a tree would fall in the woods.....would the other trees laugh at it?
CommanderQ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-11-2009, 09:53 PM   #34
jawathehutt
Its 5 o'clock somewhere
 
jawathehutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,636
Current Game: Age of Empires II

Don't mind me folks, I'm just here to leech the evil spirits out of MC



"Everyone that posts here is aware of the game, thanks though." ET
"It is Lucasarts"~ LordJhredmo

Last edited by jawathehutt; 06-13-2009 at 02:13 PM.
jawathehutt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-11-2009, 10:58 PM   #35
shukkoku
Rookie
 
shukkoku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: BC
Posts: 125
Current Game: Uncharted 2
lol!
shukkoku is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-12-2009, 11:56 PM   #36
joesdomain
The Emperor
 
joesdomain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,451
Current Game: The Force Unleashed
I agree this new video game is terrible. I own a PS2, PS2, and PSP and have copies of Battlefront 1, 2 and Renegade Squadron. The screnshots look bad. I have been wiating 4 years for a PS3 Star Wars Battlefront game. I was a big fan of The Force Unleashed on PS3. Lucasarts is going back to their old self. Why bring out Monkey Island? They should of had a Star Wars Battlefront 3. I will not buy Star Wars The Old Republic or Lego Indiana Jones 2 or Indiana Jones and The Staff of Kings. Two out of three are not on PS3. Plus Old Repulic is an online only game. I do not have a dsl line.


"You Rebel Scum"

"Wipe them out, all of them"
joesdomain is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-13-2009, 07:05 AM   #37
TKT101
Rookie
 
TKT101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: You don't want to know
Posts: 84
I'll buy Star Wars: Old Republic cause it looks like a sucess at the moment like SWG was. And I like the Lego games. Elite Squadron looks like crap though...lol I'll still buy it cause it will be a fun game to play while on trip or something. Come on guys admit that you sometimes just play Renegade Squadron to pass time.


"Their motto is Acta non Verba, and it means Action not Words" - Sweetwater

"Well the motto should be Verba non Acta, because you never shut the hell up" - Sarge
TKT101 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-13-2009, 07:29 PM   #38
Bokken
Wizard of Yendor
 
Bokken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: 127.0.0.1
Posts: 566
Current Game: Abandoned Realms
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKT101 View Post
Come on guys admit that you sometimes just play Renegade Squadron to pass time.
No.


Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJhredmo
It is LucasArts.
Bokken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2009, 04:07 AM   #39
TKT101
Rookie
 
TKT101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: You don't want to know
Posts: 84
lol good answer bokken but I do because it does have the battlefront battles that i like but it is in no way battlefront 1 psp remake(BF1 is in my opinion the best in the series).


"Their motto is Acta non Verba, and it means Action not Words" - Sweetwater

"Well the motto should be Verba non Acta, because you never shut the hell up" - Sarge
TKT101 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-17-2009, 03:40 PM   #40
Theone Thewayne
Rookie
 
Theone Thewayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKT101 View Post
lol good answer bokken but I do because it does have the battlefront battles that i like but it is in no way battlefront 1 psp remake(BF1 is in my opinion the best in the series).
Can't agree with you more... as for joesdomain statement about the other games.
I just don't get it: Why make/sell (if they're lucky) so many crappy games while they could wait and take the time to make a good battlefront (or repcom) sequel).



Made by IC-1989 a.k.a. Theone Thewayne.
Theone Thewayne is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Portable Battlefront Games > Elite Squadron > It's Coming... Set for the Fall!

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:12 AM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.