lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Zombies Walk!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-21-2009, 09:12 PM   #561
CommanderQ
I should go.

Current Game: Mass Effect
Forum Veteran Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Vlad sighed and took the phone.

"Pyotr. Only drink the beer. Leave any whiskey, wine, champagne, or cognac for another time."

He smiled, "Oh, and drink responsibly."

Vlad hung up and handed the phone back, chuckling as he did.

"Do not step between a Russian and a good liquor. Besides, too much liquor for one person can be a bad thing."

He smiled and thought about the fun time that Pyotr and his squad were having. Vlad had many memories of Pyotr raiding someone's store in the middle of a mission. He'd reprimanded him many times, but Pyotr somehow got past him at times.

you very much
If a tree would fall in the woods.....would the other trees laugh at it?
CommanderQ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2009, 02:12 PM   #562
Ataris

Aiden chuckled. He had just pulled onto the highway, figuring it would be the fastest route. Turning around, he said, "Hold on to your seats."

Revving the engine up to a good 100mph, the Hummer zoomed across the highway. At this rate, they would be a good deal away from the blast when it happened. Things were looking up.

Time Passes

Aiden figured it had been about a good 45 minutes since they had started driving. But his sense of good fortune had been lowering into downright stress. They had not seen any sign of Sam or the others all this time.

He assumed Vlad and Atrianna were feeling the same sense of anxiety that he was. But the anxiety was only worsened as the worst happened.

Just as Aiden was turning to see if Vlad and Atrianna were doing okay, a strange feeling overcame Aiden. Suddenly, a blinding flash of light lit up the entire world, immobilizing him and disabling his view.

Remembering the speed they were traveling at, Aiden quickly slammed on the breaks before they crashed into a wall at a turn on the highway. The flash had ended. But now they really had to move. Aiden figured they were only halfway out of the blast radius, and there was no telling what could happen when the shockwave came.

Turning and and slamming his foot on the pedal, Aiden drove like he had never driven before. Now the city was directly behind them, including the blast.

Minutes seemed like hours, and at the same time they didn't seem like enough time. Behind him, Aiden saw the huge mushroom cloud, the spill of dust and debris, the fiery wave of heat and smoke emanating from it, and the disturbance of his view.

The disturbance rippled through the air, approaching them quickly. Aiden braced himself. The shockwave was here.

Before it hit, Aiden for some crazy reason tried to tell Sam goodbye, just in case. But that was stupid of him, he thought. Humans can't make mental connections. But seconds later, he could have sworn that Sam had replied....

Something smacked him. All he could register was a falling sensation, a harsh impact, a rush of air over his face. And then he slipped into unconsciousness.
Ataris is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2009, 02:49 PM   #563
Jedi_Man
Forumite

Current Game: Too many to count
Sam had jacked a Mustang off the street and convinced Smith to ride with him, seeing as how the thirty minutes were up. In the back of the Mustang was Alexis and the man he'd saved. Sam, goodbye.
Sam looked around, where'd the voice come from?
"Alexis, I need you to call my cell-" BOOOOM!!! Sam finished the sentence, but noone would've heard it. He looked in the Rearview mirror, a mushroom cloud was rising in the distance.
Aiden, nice knowing ya. Sam thought as the shockwave tossed the Mustang like it was a hotweels car.
Befre Sam blacked out, he thought Good thing that there's no fallout, that is what Vlad said...right?

---------------------------------------------------
Deep thought #1: In the end, everyone dies. No one can outrun time, death itself is always breathing down your neck, just waiting to slip the noose over you. But, in your time of death, what matters is not when or how or even why. What matters is what you do with it. Do you sit down and call it quits, or do you get up, stare your killer and death itself in the face, and laugh copiously, right until the end.
Jedi_Man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2009, 03:01 PM   #564
Ataris

Where was he? He could barely see. Struggling to open his eyes, he was plagued with a dizzy sensation. His entire body ached. Trying to look around, he noticed he was still inside the Hummer. But it was totaled, there was no doubt about that. In fact, something was on fire near the front of the vehicle.

Trying to get up, he noticed that his arm was stuck under a piece of metal. He had been close to having it crushed. He was quite lucky.

After removing his arm and trying to get up, he searched the interior of the Hummer, which was, he now realized, on its side, for Vlad and Atrianna.

There was Vlad, seemingly perfectly fine, and there was Atrianna, also. They looked fine. He couldn't tell what condition they were in. He checked their pulses and their breathing, both of which were, even though abnormal, still not dangerous. Hopefully they would wake up soon if they hadn't already.

Getting himself out of the broken machine's frame, he could barely stand, but he tried so anyway. The dizziness consumed him. But still was able to use the Hummer for support and look at his surroundings.

They had been tossed off of the highway and into a sort of valley. The highway was above them. They were lucky to be alive, all of them.

Managing to walk, Aiden struggled over to the overpass to see past it and into the city. What he saw horrified him.

The city was absolutely decimated. Buildings were smoking, many of them over halfway destroyed, the entire thing blackened and burned. Some buildings were on fire.

The landscape was burned as well, and vegetation was scarce. As Aiden's eyes followed the destruction, finally there was a point where things became more intact. Finally his eyes traveled back to the highway.

They had barely escaped with their lives, he realized.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:59 PM   #565
ForeverNight
nrgurt researcher

Current Game: q2
Smith opened his eyes, blinking away the blackness that threatened to overcome his vision. He looked around the ditch, nobody else was awake yet.

He knelt down by Doctor Ian and carefully took her cell phone out of her hands. He flipped it open, no signal. Damn.

He looked up from the ditch and gazed at Chicago. Burning. Worse than the 1871 Fire that had destroyed the city, and this time he and Larson were Missus O'Leary's cows.

"Anybody?" He yelled, checking his Uzi and Kalashnikov just to be safe. "Anybody hear me?"

He looked at the 'stang that Larson had commandeered, total write off. "Least you didn't grab a good car." Smith chuckled as he noticed that it was the Mustang with the tiny engine as opposed to the full sized one.

He slipped Doctor Ian's cellphone back into her hands and shook her shoulder gently, waking her up before moving to Larson and repeating the process. The old man was dead.

"I hate this." Smith muttered.

ForeverNight is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2009, 07:21 PM   #566
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Current Game: The Old Republic
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
Atrianna woke up with a splitting head-ache.

Owwwww...that is the last time I'm letting the kid drive...

She took a quick look at Vlad and checked his pulse. It looked like he was going to be fine...finally, something was going right.

"Aiden? Aiden where are you?" She called out as loudly as she could. "C'mon boy, I know your alive, where are you?"

Once I find sam...there will be hell to pay...he can count on that...
Chevron 7 locke is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2009, 08:19 PM   #567
Ataris

Walking back to Atrianna, who hadn't noticed him standing there, he smiled. "I'm hardly a boy." Then he sighed. "It's over. The hive leader's gone."

Wait a second, no one told me about the hive leader....

"Looks like we're going after Sam on foot, now," he said, and walked over to Vlad. "So what happens next?" he said, looking from Vlad back to Atrianna.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:30 PM   #568
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
"So what happens next?"

"Now...we get this hummer back up rightside, Start it up, find sam, and run his ass over a couple times. I still can't believe he left us to die in that damn city."

Atrianna then abruptly patted Aiden on the head.

"To me...you'll always be a boy. Now help me righten this thing."
Old 06-22-2009, 09:17 PM   #569
Ataris

Aiden couldn't help but blush, even though it made him a bit irritated. He decided to screw any comebacks.

He looked at the Hummer, whose engine was on fire.

"Umm...I hate to break it you, but I don't think this thing is going anywhere soon."
Old 06-23-2009, 01:55 PM   #570
Jedi_Man
Forumite

Sam was shaken awake by Smith.
"Thanks, I owe ya one" Sam said.
"Something tells me that Attrianna thinks I set off the nuke. Great, And I gave her back the Mini Gun." Sam thought aloud. Sam went over the the man he had saved, he was dead.
Dang... Well, on the bright side, everyone else made it.
Sam kicked himself inwardly for that. How he could think like that, he didn't know.
"Smith, please call Attrianna and tell her we're alright, and that I'm not the culprit of the mushroom cloud behind us. If she needs a punching bag, I'm not it." Sam asked Smith.

Deep thought #1: In the end, everyone dies. No one can outrun time, death itself is always breathing down your neck, just waiting to slip the noose over you. But, in your time of death, what matters is not when or how or even why. What matters is what you do with it. Do you sit down and call it quits, or do you get up, stare your killer and death itself in the face, and laugh copiously, right until the end.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:59 PM   #571
ForeverNight
nrgurt researcher

"Already tried that, Larson." Smith said, "the EMP from that nuke disabled all the cells around here, there isn't anyway that any electronics are going to work. Cars won't work, computers, security systems, the whole nine-yards."

Smith surveyed the area around them, "remember that Hummer we passed up when you stole the 'stang?" He said. "I imagine that the group would've gone the same way we did -as it was the only 'safe' way out- and they probably stole the Hummer.

"Wait, Larson, you were averaging, what, a hundred and twenty on our mad-dash out of Chicago?" Smith ran some quick numbers in his head. "There is no way we should've survived that nuke." He said after arriving at an unsatisfactory answer.... Or, rather, there's no way we're going to survive the fallout." He shrugged. "At least we escaped the area..."

He looked down the highway, at the burning/vaporized ruins that used to be Chicago. "I think that we might be on the same highway as them, we have to go bac towards Chicago."

Smith groaned internally at his proclamation, what he would give for some sleep!

((Ataris, I was wrong with the blast-radius, here's a link to a wiki diagram that helps explain it... Linkage! Since it's an H-Bomb it's 3 to 5 times the distance, so only a 17.5 mile radius, not 148.. roughly.))

Old 06-23-2009, 04:48 PM   #572
Ataris

((According to that radius, the shockwave might not have even hit us....haha. Er, definitely wouldn't have. Oh well. Maybe it was a really advanced H-bomb.))

Last edited by Ataris; 06-23-2009 at 04:58 PM.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:55 PM   #573
Jedi_Man
Forumite

(We got caught in traffic)
"There was an EMP on that thing? When did this happen?" Sam asked, partially sarcastic, but mostly serious.
"So we can't tell them where we are, and we can't ask where they are. Nice. Just great." Sam whined. He looked over at the nearest car, maybe he can hotwire it and move along with everyone. The nearest vehicle was a cop car, next to it was a another, which was crashed into a SWAT vehicle.
"Smith, we've solved our weapon lack problem." Sam said to Smith, informing him of the vehicles.
Sam walked over and busted out the window of the Cop car, grabbing the shotgun between the seats.
"You can have the other shotty." Sam offered to Smith.

Old 06-26-2009, 01:56 AM   #574
ForeverNight
nrgurt researcher

((I thought you'd get a laugh out of it... I know I broke a few FCC Communications guidelines when I read that on Wiki))

"Keep the other shotty, Larson." Smith said, gesturing to his Uzi and Kalashnikov. "I have no weapons problem." He paused and looked speculatively at the SWAT van before walking over to it and pulling open the back doors.

"Nasty way to die." He said as he surveyed the inside of the van. Inside, there were several mangled corpses and one brute corpse. After grabbing an M-4 from one of the corpses -it wasn't even room temperature nor had rigor mortis set in- Smith grabbed all the ammo he could.

"Larson, catch!" He yelled at the Lieutenant he was forced to work with before tossing him a M-4 and a pair of magazines.

"Let's go back towards Chicago and see if we run into them... after all, that was the only good way out of Chicago..."

Old 06-26-2009, 11:54 AM   #575
Jedi_Man
Forumite

Sam smiled as he slung the shotgun over his shoulder and checked the M4, both were good
"Alexis, here." Sam said as he handed her the other shotgun and a handful of shells. Alexis caught it and looked around.
"We might not need it, however. The nuke should've destroyed the hive mind, the zombies should probably be either dead, no-pun intended, or back to normal. Lets head out, find Aiden and the rest of the gang." Sam said.

Old 06-26-2009, 02:47 PM   #576
Ataris

Taking the initiative and walking up the exit ramp to the highway, leaving Atrianna and Vlad, Aiden began to walk. Something was irritating him, but he also wanted to locate Sam and the others.

He nearly choked with laughter when he saw Sam and the rest of them in the distance. They had been so close, after all. Then he looked back at Chicago. And what he saw then horrified him.

People were roaming about way down there, but they were in obvious agony. They were screaming and crying. Only a few of them were actually talking and hugging each other. But the ones in pain were mutilated from what they had done when they were zombies.

Aiden's eyes were about to become full of tears, but he quickly suppressed them. Never before had he let the emotion get to him, and he wasn't about to let it happen now.

Instead he shouted, getting Sam's attention, and then he dropped to the road on his knees. Thoughts swirled strangely, emotion took hold of him, and the stress and relief of the entire situation came over him.

In a flood, memories poured back into him. All of the ones he had lost. Everything came back to him. The only thing he didn't understand was where they were coming from. And then a voice spoke inside his head.

"Goodbye, my child."

Then, before the connection broke, he almost swore he heard a gunshot and felt the bullet entering his head. And then the feeling broke away and the connection was dead. He guessed the pain had been too much for her.

And then Aiden did something he hadn't done in a very, very long time. He wept.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:47 PM   #577
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
Atrianna watched as the Aiden walked away and then turned her eyes back toward the hummer.

Alright...If I can put that fire out I might be able to fix this...I just need to...who am I kidding? I don't think even I can fix this.

"Well Vlad...It looks like we're stuck here for the time being. So...what do you plan to do to Sam when we catch up with him?"
Old 06-26-2009, 04:31 PM   #578
CommanderQ
I should go.

Vlad nodded to Attriana, "What I plan to do? Probably nothing, you seem to have the 'punishment' down for him...I'm just going to get out of the city with my unit. That's all I'm going to say..."

He was surprised that they weren't dead. A mixed hydrogen-fusion bomb wasn't known for light damage. At least at the other times they were used, they could flatten cities no problem.

He smiled, "I'm just glad that the Hive-Mind is dead, now all of the undead won't have any direct orders, if they're still alive."

He knew that if they could wipe out a large enough group of undead all at once, then the Hive-Mind would be unable to recover and regain control over its horde. He just hoped his theory was correct.

you very much
Old 06-26-2009, 08:50 PM   #579
Jedi_Man
Forumite

(Yes your theory is correct, lets put the Rp to rest now, or soon.)
Sam ran to Aiden, who was crying hard. Sam tried comforting him, but nothing worked. Then he realized something. Where Aiden is, Attrianna is also.
Sam looked up and saw her working on the Hummer.
"Crap" Sam muttered, knowing the moment Attrianna saw him, she'd likely fill him with holes.

Old 06-26-2009, 09:09 PM   #580
Ataris

((Yeah I was thinking now that the hive mind is dead the struggle is over because they're all human now. And Aiden's mother was a zombie who turned human and shot herself because of the mutilation of her body....))

Aiden looked up at Sam finally. He struggled to hold back the tears, but it wasn't working.

And then he realized something.

Why bother holding back the emotion any longer? Why should he force himself to be something he wasn't?

With a heavy heart, and a relieved one at the same time, Aiden stood and looked at Sam. He offered to shake hands. Then Sam muttered something, likely because he was worried about Atrianna.

Looking out at the nuked city, he let the tears flow.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:12 PM   #581
Jedi_Man
Forumite

(If anyone wants to make some last post, it should be now, 'cause I'm about to throw in the end sequence.)

Old 06-26-2009, 09:13 PM   #582
Ataris

((I just made my last post.))
Old 06-26-2009, 09:37 PM   #583
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
A grin appeared on Atrainna's face as she discovered a shotgun in the very back of the Hummer, and then low and behold, just the man she had been looking for appeared right in front of her.

Finally...

Atrianna took aim with the shotgun and was about to blast Sam right between the eyes when something her daughter had said before she left rose to the top of her head.

You never kill anyone...that's your best quality mom. Even though your a gun for hire you refuse to kill in cold blood. I think thats the thing that I respect the most about you.

Atrianna tried to force her hands to stop shaking but they refused to obey her commands.

Damn that girl...and my morals. I want to kill him so badly...But there will be another day for that.

Atrianna sighed and threw the shotgun to the ground in exasperation, knowing that she would lose all of her self-respect if she killed him like this. She quickly switched open the Cell phone and dialed her daughter's number.

The connection was filled with static but despite that, Atrianna heard someone pick up on the other line.

"Hello?"

"Hey Hon...it's mom."

"Mom! Are you done? Are you coming home soon?"

Atrianna took a look back at the burning city of Chicago and then smiled as she realized that the battle was finally over.

"Yes Hon...I should be home within a few days...And if his goverment permits him to, I'll be bringing home someone that you might want to meet. Until I get home I want you to keep the russians under control."

"That's great news! Who are you bringing home?"

Atrianna turned and gave Vlad a meaningful glance. "Someone who has saved my life many, many times over. Remember, Keep the russians under control."

"Hold on...be right back mom."

Atrianna heard a very loud, very explicit japanese curse over the phone and then heard the unmistakeable sound of a combat knife being thrown and then embeding itself in the wall followed shortly by a russian shout of suprise.

"-And next time you touch that I'll cut your hand off! Do you understand me?!"

Awww...my little girl is growing up.

"Anyway, I'll see you in a few days mom."

"Alright hon, stay safe."

The phone clicked and Atrianna knew that she had hung up. She moved over to Vlad and sat next to him.

"So how about it Vlad? Would you like to come with me? Drop by and meet the little girl who just threatend to cut off the hand of one of your men?"
Old 06-27-2009, 03:26 AM   #584
CommanderQ
I should go.

Vlad chuckled and looked over at Attriana.

"Hmmm...well. I've been through hellfire, zombie uprisings, and a nuclear explosion...."

He smiled again, "I don't see why not.

Vlad sighed and looked at the sky.

The sun was setting.

It was setting on the end of an age which, with luck, mankind would never have to revisit.

Vlad relaxed for the first time in nearly 15 years. He felt a huge weight had been lifted. He had been redeemed. Breathing in the air of victory, something he said back in Chernobyl of 1989, came to mind.

Comrades....today we have achieved the impossible. We have conquered the trials that plagued us. Forged new passes where there were none. Built something new for the many who will come. We are the survivors of past horrors, and explorers of future paradises. We have achieved total victory. But remain vigilante, comrades....

....because there will always be another struggle...

Always.

((The End))

you very much
Old 06-29-2009, 10:02 AM   #585
Jedi_Man
Forumite

(Not quite, I got a last post to do.)
One Year later...
Sam sat on the bench of Plymouth city park in Wisconsin. He watched the kids frolic around the park, swinging on the swing sets, and building castles in the sandbox. After a year, everything was normal.
Well, almost everything...
Sam thought about his brother, who had died protecting his family, his father, who seemed to never talk anymore, his uncle, who seemed just different. Everything had changed so drastically, and he didn't know if it was for better or worse.
"Sam! How do you want your hotdog?" a familiar voice called out. Sam looked up from the ground. There was Alexis, in a nice fitting skirt and bikini. He smiled, everything had definitely turned out for the better, for him atleast.
"Just blackened lines on it, honey." Sam called out to his fiance. He sat up and walked over to his mom, who always smiled and tried to get the information out of him about where he had been for those few days. Sam couldn't tell, the past held pain noone wanted, but somehow his mom found a way to ask again.
"Hey, Sam. How are you? Where were yo-" Sam beat her to the chase.
"I was holing up with Alexis, there you happy?" Sam answered, the part truth relieving him.
" Hmmmm, Did you two ever..." His mom trailed off, He knew what she meant.
Sam laughed, which was a luxury even these days. His mom had seen her son die in front of her, proabaly lived through a hundred if not a thousand zombies, and she was worried if he had done something with Alexis. What a world.
He walked away, avoiding the question and walking over to Alexis to give her a peck on the cheek. He grabbed the hotdog that was waiting on the plate and ate it , just like that.
"Shouldn't you call Aiden?" She asked. Sam thought about it, then sighed. "I don't know, Everyone just needs time to heal."
"What about Vlad?" Sam had respect for Vlad, but they had been comrades, and probably little else would arise from that.
"No"
"What about Attrianna?" Sam had a small respect for her, that grew everyday he lived because she decided not to blow his head off with the shotgun. But she would still probably blast him away if she got his coordinates and would most likely go find a howitzer to use on him.
"Heck no."
"What bout Smith." Sam like Smith, he reminded him of his dad, kind of, except for the part where he shot him. ouch.
"He'll be here soon enough to serve out that Court Martial he promised." Sam said, sarcastically.
"Well, you should deifinitely call Aiden." She finished.
"Fine alright." Sam relented.
He pulled out his cell phone and put in Aidens number.
Well, I owe it to him.

Last edited by Jedi_Man; 06-29-2009 at 10:12 AM.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Dantooine Theatre Company > Zombies Walk!