Thread: The timeline videos...
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-03-2009, 04:05 PM   #1
GonkH8er
192.168.0.1337
 
GonkH8er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,927
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
The timeline videos...

So we all know that the timeline videos are being slowly released, and we're just had our third video.


But did you see this...



The timeline videos they are giving us are moving backwards in time.

You can also click on the unreleased timeline tabs and see what the upcoming videos will be about.



So.... which timeline videos are you looking forward to?


GonkH8er-
Ian@lfnetwork.com
JediKnight.net JediKnightII.net
GonkH8er is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-03-2009, 04:47 PM   #2
Hallucination
Baron von Sexy
 
Hallucination's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 3,875
Current Game: HKO closed beta
Nice catch, I noticed the notches but not the info on the events. I hope there's some meaty infos on the Force War.

How did the latest Sith war take 28 years though?


Let's kill ourselves.
Hallucination is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-03-2009, 04:59 PM   #3
Da_Man_2423
Forumite
 
Da_Man_2423's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Minnesota, USA
Posts: 745
Current Game: NCAA Football 10
Because BioWare felt like making it that long? lol


Da_Man_2423 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-03-2009, 05:04 PM   #4
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith
 
adamqd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,193
Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
I'm a bit dubious as to what they have changed, I completely trust what they already established, and any new material intrigues me... Just dont want to see questionable retconns that's all, Hope its all good

I guess I'm most looking forward to the Exar Kun stuff... as It is my favorite era, Ulic and Exar ftw.


adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-03-2009, 05:42 PM   #5
Miltiades
Death... by Exile
 
Miltiades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bruges, Belgium
Posts: 2,831
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Whoah, hadn't noticed that. I guess those haven't been added rather recently. I remember checking out the earlier records, but there was nothing.

Anyway, a little sad there's no mention of the Exile or anything linked to TSL whatsoever. For the topics I'm interested in, the Schisms and the first Sith Lords arriving on Korriban.


PSN id: BE_Miltiades

Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-03-2009, 05:47 PM   #6
jrrtoken
Senior Member
 
jrrtoken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,995
Hopefully we're given any indication that the events of KotOR II actually happened, because as of now, BioWare has shown enough to support the notion that they're conveniently ignoring K2's contributions to the canon.

Other than that, anything about the restoration of the Jedi Order after the First Jedi Purge would be welcome.
jrrtoken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-05-2009, 03:35 AM   #7
Lord of Hunger
Hunger, The Lord Of
 
Lord of Hunger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Korriban, Sith Empire
Posts: 1,022
Current Game: Shogun 2: Total War
I disagree with you PastramiX. Not only is the idea of the True Sith a direct result of TSL, but the fact that they are moving towards a player centralized story rather than a quest centralized story means that despite the massive cut content TSL was a success.

Frankly, there's not much to be said about the Exile's accomplishments. Without LS Exile, the Republic would have fallen and Malachor would have continued to unleash an endless set of Force Echoes that would have corrupted all life. LS Exile saved the Galaxy.


As of 3/14/10, TSL is restored. The Sith Lords Restored Content Modification by Stoney and Zbyl has been finished and can be downloaded here.

Lord of Hunger is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-05-2009, 09:35 AM   #8
jrrtoken
Senior Member
 
jrrtoken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Hunger View Post
I disagree with you PastramiX. Not only is the idea of the True Sith a direct result of TSL, but the fact that they are moving towards a player centralized story rather than a quest centralized story means that despite the massive cut content TSL was a success.
No, that's what I'm saying; TSL contributed much to the canon, but as of now, the only thing that confirms that TSL ever existed in TOR's timeline is the presence of the True Sith, but even then, there's barely any mention of any other events that occurred in TSL. This is why I have reason to believe that TSL is being "ignored", sans the True Sith concept, which seems to be oddly placed to begin with.
jrrtoken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-05-2009, 02:49 PM   #9
Zerimar Nyliram
Senior Member
 
Zerimar Nyliram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Pittsburgh, PA USA
Posts: 1,449
Forum Veteran 
I'm mainly looking forward to all the videos of the early Jedi because I'm writing an early draft of what I hope to one day become an official Star Wars novel about the origins of the Jedi Order. I'm waiting for them to release all their information on this era so that I don't write anything that contradicts it and therefore have to do less alterations.

Unfortunately, at the rate they're putting these things out, it looks like it'll be two years before they get to that era. Is it safe to say that they're updating the timeline every two months? That's what it looks like to me.

The Second Great Schism is of interest.


Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-06-2009, 10:28 AM   #10
Miltiades
Death... by Exile
 
Miltiades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bruges, Belgium
Posts: 2,831
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerimar Nyliram View Post
Unfortunately, at the rate they're putting these things out, it looks like it'll be two years before they get to that era. Is it safe to say that they're updating the timeline every two months? That's what it looks like to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanDahlberg (BioWare community Rep)
As with the webcomic, we don't have to "end" the Timelines with the launch of the game. In fact, wouldn't it be more interesting if they continued and once we reached the "beginning" of history, we then continued forward?
I was actually thinking of that possibility a few days ago. So it's possible the timeline videos will continue once the game has already been released. Whether these updates will be new ones, or updates that we can see now, isn't known. (This also makes me hopeful for an eventual Sith Civil War holorecord )


PSN id: BE_Miltiades

Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-07-2009, 02:55 AM   #11
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
ANTA BAKAAA?!
 
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Over the bridge from Australia
Posts: 1,213
Quote:
So.... which timeline videos are you looking forward to?
The Jedi Civil War, The Force War on Tython, and Force "Discovered" on Tython.

But I think they're all good.



mfw I read the Revan novel

it is not a cry of joy.
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-07-2009, 02:22 PM   #12
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden
 
Gurges-Ahter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Parker, TX
Posts: 953
I have been following these with great interest - it's probably my favorite part of the swtor website. The Webcomics are great too, but I find myself more riveted by the timeline entries.

I am most looking forward to the 3 earliest in the timeline ("Force "Discovered" on Tython", "The Force War on Tython", and "The Jedi Order is Established"). I'm also interested in "The First Dark Sith Lords on Korriban" - that has always been an interesting topic for me.

The timeline has really ratcheted this whole experience up a notch for me. I was already brimming with excitement because of my love for KotOR 1 and 2, but was a bit wary (and still am) because of the MMO aspect. However, throwing in some ancient Jedi/Sith history, and relating that to the KotOR storyline has really piqued my interest.


Gurges-Ahter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-07-2009, 05:49 PM   #13
Lord of Hunger
Hunger, The Lord Of
 
Lord of Hunger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Korriban, Sith Empire
Posts: 1,022
Current Game: Shogun 2: Total War
Quote:
No, that's what I'm saying; TSL contributed much to the canon, but as of now, the only thing that confirms that TSL ever existed in TOR's timeline is the presence of the True Sith, but even then, there's barely any mention of any other events that occurred in TSL. This is why I have reason to believe that TSL is being "ignored", sans the True Sith concept, which seems to be oddly placed to begin with.
I think because of the way that the events in the canon occurred is why there is little mention. For one thing, the Timeline is written by a Jedi Master, which in general tends to mean pro-Republic sympathies. I don't think anyone wants to acknowledge the fact that Revan's Sith Empire all but obliterated the Republic and that had not a vigilante Jedi outcast intervened the Exchange, Czerka, the HK-50s and the Sith Triumvirate would have easily finished them off. It doesn't do the Republic image good if the records clearly state that the Senate is a miserable failure of a congressional body and the Galaxy might have been more stable under Revan's Empire.


As of 3/14/10, TSL is restored. The Sith Lords Restored Content Modification by Stoney and Zbyl has been finished and can be downloaded here.

Lord of Hunger is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-07-2009, 06:46 PM   #14
Trench
Guy with Monocle
 
Trench's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Under a rock.
Posts: 1,638
Current Game: DX:HR, iKotOR
LF Jester 
I want to see what this guy has to say about Revan. As well as any cool pics they might have of him.

Trench is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-08-2009, 10:24 AM   #15
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden
 
Gurges-Ahter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Parker, TX
Posts: 953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Te Mirdala Mand'alor View Post
I want to see what this guy has to say about Revan. As well as any cool pics they might have of him.
Yeah I'm curious about that as well. I hope the storyline delves deeply into what happened with Revan. The inner fanboy hopes he found a way to prolong his life like some of the other Sith masters, but BioWare has stated that only droids could last long enough to make a reappearance from the KotOR series. Accepting that he won't be in the game, I do have high hopes that we get a large amount of information about what happened once he left the known galaxy to fight the True Sith.


Gurges-Ahter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO Forums > Game Discussion > Tython Temple > The timeline videos...

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump