lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-09-2009, 08:42 AM   #361
Silveredge9
Retired Modder
 
Silveredge9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 710
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Hot Topic Starter Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoesGuy View Post
Here's one I don't think anyone has yet mentioned:

Show spoiler


A problem on my end, or has this happened to anyone else?

Fantastic mod, by the way. There's been so much effort invested in it and it shows. ^_^
Have you tried reinstalling the mod into a fresh override?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabron View Post
This has got to be one of the weirdest post ive ever writen, but I really have some strong feelings about this mod. After playing it for almost 10 hours I have to say its the best adventure mod I have ever played (and Im a Morrowind mod user, and that community has some of the best) the voice acting, new armor designs & dialogue (although a bit heavy handed) rivals some of the profesional stuff out here, its truly a magnificent experience. But Im also a Dungeon Master with more than 20 years of experience and I can honestly say that the technical problems as well as the actual design of the adventure bring the experience crashing down. first of all, the mind numbing fighting the same super foes over and over AND OVER again grew boring by the third flashback, plus the unfairness of some of the fights (now I know how Neo felt) really detracted from a great story. Not only are those fights repetitive and boring (especially for flashback sequences which are supposed to be fairly easy to move the story along) but the are NOT "epic" since you only have to wonder how many time you have to kick their butt, and stare at the action menu for the next medpack or attack combo. After my third reload from one of these "final" fights I was ready to bail from the frustration; all I wanted was to get on with the wonderful story and had to deal with "so you think you have defeated me? crap. Sadly the option seems to have been taken out of my hands; after the fourth "final" fight (with the soldiers and the Sin guy aboard the comand ship) the autosave loads and crashed straight away (turned off the PC forawhile but still isnt working) and since my last save befor that is playing the Sin dude (about 4 10 minute fights before my last save) it appears I spent about 8 hours in a great adventure I shall never finish. I dont know if anyone shares my opinions about the "torture" fights
but its a shame that I had writen so many commentaries I was ready to post only to have the experience go south so markedly on the last part of the story. I guess Ill never finish it so Im left with the frustration of not knowing how the story ended and the relief of not having to kill another "uber" badguy only to have to keep on killing him again and again and again
The design of the boss fights was tailored to how I as a player prefer them, which is with lots of difficulty and challenge. Though as I've already mentioned, some of the boss fights will be tweaked in the forthcoming patch.

Also, paragraphs are your friends.

Silveredge9 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-09-2009, 10:17 AM   #362
ganoesparan06
Rookie
 
ganoesparan06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Just outside of Glasgow, Scotland
Posts: 145
Its strange how people are crying about how hard the boss fights are. Granted I am playing on "normal" difficulty but the only really "hard" battles were the two against Akirakon Sin.

Show spoiler


The other boss fights were difficult yes (like Mandalore was insane hard) but they werent majorly impossible as long as you had plenty of life support packs to keep urself alive and keep buffing yourself as well.

EDIT:
Personally I found my first fight against Darth Malak harder.


"Superior training and superior weaponry have, when taken together, a geometric effect on overall military strength. Well-trained, well-equipped troops can stand up to many more times their lesser brethren than linear arithmetic would seem to indicate." - Colonel Corazon Santiago, Spartan Battle Manual : SMAC
ganoesparan06 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-09-2009, 10:26 AM   #363
Silveredge9
Retired Modder
 
Silveredge9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 710
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Hot Topic Starter Contest winner - Modding 
For those unable to download from KoTORFiles, I've uploaded BoS:SR to a temporary host over at megaupload.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0UKASZY5

Silveredge9 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-09-2009, 11:39 AM   #364
Drunkside
Satanīs little helper
 
Drunkside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The land of snow and sorrow
Posts: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganoesparan06 View Post
Its strange how people are crying about how hard the boss fights are. Granted I am playing on "normal" difficulty but the only really "hard" battles were the two against Akirakon Sin.

Show spoiler


The other boss fights were difficult yes (like Mandalore was insane hard) but they werent majorly impossible as long as you had plenty of life support packs to keep urself alive and keep buffing yourself as well.

EDIT:
Personally I found my first fight against Darth Malak harder.
Yeah.. you are playing normal. I died maybe 4 times against the mandalore on the difficult, was like "WTF is the designer thinking? That thing cannot be beaten" Then tried once more. Died. Got frustrated and switched to normal and mopped the floor with him on the first try.


Saivoīs New demo, A Cruel Northern Land is out! Listen to it on our mikseri.net bandpage.

http://www.mikseri.net/artists/?id=117610
Drunkside is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-09-2009, 02:04 PM   #365
Cabron
Lurker
 
Cabron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5
Silveredge
I didnt mean to bash your mod I really liked 90% of it, so stop beign defensive.
A common design rule for D&D (which KOTOR is based on) or any modern videogame (that is not named Ninja Gaiden) is that if it takes more than 5 tries to get through a sequence then its a design flaw because it interferes with the flow of the game and the storylinebut. T
The problems with the boss fights is not that they were "hard" but that they were repetitive and forced you to play them only one way. Mandalore might be was challenging for a melee based character, but his insane force resistance made the battle unbearable for my Consular; since my powers didnt affect him much I just had to whack him and heal ad infinitum.
Kind of the great thing about this game in particular is choice, wheather its using a succesful gun toting jedi build or beign a a-hole to everybody; is that the game allowed the player to decide which way to play. If the fights were just that straight fights like the Mandalore fight (one health bar and NO superheal, and no cronnies) I guess it would be fairer to the player and cleaner (not wondering how many times I have to whack this fool) and if the force protection were lowered for all the combatants the player could actually use their game styles to beat the mod in the way they enjoy playing, not the way the designer (you) WANTS you to play. Its one of the first rules of merchandising; you are NOT your costumer and he decides how he wants things; believe me, after seeing a guy use ketchup on a salmon and caviar pizza from my bar, you get a whole new perspective.
I dont know the mad skillz some players might have but for example my consular does NOT use force wave (again a desgin decision on my part) so the gang up fights are a bit unfair; I have to run to a spot where I only get attacked by 2 or 3 enemies at a time.
I dont know how many different styles you playtested (hell, a guardian with force wave might mop the floor easily with everybody for all I know) and having Sin running arround those fights only makes him more annoying, if the fights were only against cronnies they would be much easier and would help move the story along for the, uh I dont know, eleventh "boss" fight? or if you really must include him everywhere at least maybe adding some variations to each fight would be welcome, maybe Sin is ultra resistant to physical damage in one fight but vulnerable to force powers, or maybe you dont have to kill EVERYBODY before fighting him, or the enemies respawn till you whack him;
all Im saying is some variations might make you think about what are you suppsoed to do this fight to advance instead of "here we go again"
Once again I dont know this forum that much but in the past Ive playtested for some of the best modders for the TES Community, so I might be under the immpresion that my observations are welcome, but I really liked so much of this mod that it would be a shame that I didnt even try to get you to see a perspective other than from a gamer who had the mod fit his style perfectly or only yourself.
BTW I must apologize if my use of you native language is not up to you standards or if its in any way offensive, I get a bit mixed up myself with the ones I have the privilage to know

Last edited by Cabron; 07-09-2009 at 02:43 PM.
Cabron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-09-2009, 03:39 PM   #366
Silveredge9
Retired Modder
 
Silveredge9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 710
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Hot Topic Starter Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabron View Post
Silveredge
I didnt mean to bash your mod I really liked 90% of it, so stop beign defensive.
I'm merely stating what is fact. If you choose to take that as me being defensive, then you are free to do so, but it wasn't my intent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabron View Post
A common design rule for D&D (which KOTOR is based on) or any modern videogame (that is not named Ninja Gaiden) is that if it takes more than 5 tries to get through a sequence then its a design flaw because it interferes with the flow of the game and the storylinebut.
But doesn't this wrongly assume that every player has the same level of skill as one another? What if one player manages to beat a section the first time, but another doesn't after 5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabron View Post
The problems with the boss fights is not that they were "hard" but that they were repetitive and forced you to play them only one way. Mandalore might be was challenging for a melee based character, but his insane force resistance made the battle unbearable for my Consular; since my powers didnt affect him much I just had to whack him and heal ad infinitum. Kind of the great thing about this game in particular is choice, wheather its using a succesful gun toting jedi build or beign a a-hole to everybody; is that the game allowed the player to decide which way to play.
I've already acknowledged that some boss fights were difficult, and have stated that I plan to revise the difficulty of some of them in the next patch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabron View Post
Its one of the first rules of merchandising; you are NOT your costumer and he decides how he wants things
This was something created as a hobby in my spare time, and not a full blown commercial product. I created the mod gauged around what I as a player wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabron View Post
I dont know the mad skillz some players might have but for example my consular does NOT use force wave (again a desgin decision on my part) so the gang up fights are a bit unfair; I have to run to a spot where I only get attacked by 2 or 3 enemies at a time.
So because you're a Jedi Consular yet refuse to use one of the better higher tier Force powers, it becomes an error on my part for not anticipating that when designing the difficulty of boss fights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabron View Post
I dont know how many different styles you playtested (hell, a guardian with force wave might mop the floor easily with everybody for all I know) and having Sin running arround those fights only makes him more annoying, if the fights were only against cronnies they would be much easier and would help move the story along for the, uh I dont know, eleventh "boss" fight? or if you really must include him everywhere at least maybe adding some variations to each fight would be welcome, maybe Sin is ultra resistant to physical damage in one fight but vulnerable to force powers, or maybe you dont have to kill EVERYBODY before fighting him, or the enemies respawn till you whack him;
all Im saying is some variations might make you think about what are you suppsoed to do this fight to advance instead of "here we go again"
In terms of the design of the last 4 vision boss battles, perhaps there could have been a little more variation beyond the setting. Though I'm not planning on going back and changing anything. I'm still pretty happy with how it turned out.

Silveredge9 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-09-2009, 04:06 PM   #367
JediAthos
Senior Member
 
JediAthos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,438
Current Game: Defiance
Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabron View Post
Silveredge
I didnt mean to bash your mod I really liked 90% of it, so stop beign defensive.
A common design rule for D&D (which KOTOR is based on) or any modern videogame (that is not named Ninja Gaiden) is that if it takes more than 5 tries to get through a sequence then its a design flaw because it interferes with the flow of the game and the storylinebut. T
The problems with the boss fights is not that they were "hard" but that they were repetitive and forced you to play them only one way. Mandalore might be was challenging for a melee based character, but his insane force resistance made the battle unbearable for my Consular; since my powers didnt affect him much I just had to whack him and heal ad infinitum.
Kind of the great thing about this game in particular is choice, wheather its using a succesful gun toting jedi build or beign a a-hole to everybody; is that the game allowed the player to decide which way to play. If the fights were just that straight fights like the Mandalore fight (one health bar and NO superheal, and no cronnies) I guess it would be fairer to the player and cleaner (not wondering how many times I have to whack this fool) and if the force protection were lowered for all the combatants the player could actually use their game styles to beat the mod in the way they enjoy playing, not the way the designer (you) WANTS you to play. Its one of the first rules of merchandising; you are NOT your costumer and he decides how he wants things; believe me, after seeing a guy use ketchup on a salmon and caviar pizza from my bar, you get a whole new perspective.
I dont know the mad skillz some players might have but for example my consular does NOT use force wave (again a desgin decision on my part) so the gang up fights are a bit unfair; I have to run to a spot where I only get attacked by 2 or 3 enemies at a time.
I dont know how many different styles you playtested (hell, a guardian with force wave might mop the floor easily with everybody for all I know) and having Sin running arround those fights only makes him more annoying, if the fights were only against cronnies they would be much easier and would help move the story along for the, uh I dont know, eleventh "boss" fight? or if you really must include him everywhere at least maybe adding some variations to each fight would be welcome, maybe Sin is ultra resistant to physical damage in one fight but vulnerable to force powers, or maybe you dont have to kill EVERYBODY before fighting him, or the enemies respawn till you whack him;
all Im saying is some variations might make you think about what are you suppsoed to do this fight to advance instead of "here we go again"
Once again I dont know this forum that much but in the past Ive playtested for some of the best modders for the TES Community, so I might be under the immpresion that my observations are welcome, but I really liked so much of this mod that it would be a shame that I didnt even try to get you to see a perspective other than from a gamer who had the mod fit his style perfectly or only yourself.
BTW I must apologize if my use of you native language is not up to you standards or if its in any way offensive, I get a bit mixed up myself with the ones I have the privilage to know
Frankly, you're dead wrong....this is Silveredge's mod, and he designed it the way he wanted it designed. Any adjustments he makes to the gameplay of the mod will be because he chooses not because its demanded of him. Bugs are one thing, but adapting to the play style of every single person would be impossible. If your play style doesn't fit the mod...adapt and overcome or as one of my favorite radio hosts likes to say...that's a you problem.

Silveredge certainly doesn't need anyone to defend him, but frankly if you're not happy with the way his mod plays...don't use it.


"You'll find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

JediAthos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-09-2009, 05:56 PM   #368
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...
 
jonathan7's Avatar
 
Status: Moderator
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ivory Tower
Posts: 3,676
Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Ok, I've pruned a few posts here; people would do well to remember several things;

1. Modders do modding in their own time for fun, be grateful for what is released and don't expect work to be just as you would like it
2. Heavy sarcasm directed at others is considered a flame.
3. If you don't like a mod, go off and make a mod in the manner you would like it done.
4. Play nice.
5. Posts about the mods links working/down are spam and will be infracted as such, you PM those to the mod maker or read the stuck PCGameMods.Com FAQ thread about what to do about down links. -RH
6. Yoda.

-- j7



"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran

Last edited by RedHawke; 07-10-2009 at 02:30 AM.
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-09-2009, 10:42 PM   #369
sthanson86
Lurker
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 5
Ok, out of respect for the no doubt overworked Silver, I've poured through all ten pages and the readme at least twice; I have found no one with a similar problem >.<

spoiler:
um ok. in the shadow temple after you fight solomon for the first time and have you get into that conversation with solomon about how she was just a pawn of revan..a test or some such, and fades to the battle of malachor..I think.. anyways it loads fine, but shortly after all I see is some symbol followed by a mandalorian BEGIN to run across, and BAM the game crashes, it's bugging me, suggestions? Im on vista, no mods installed, the installer insisted that it did everything correctly, reinstalled kotor recently before installing mod, I do not know if it's everytime, but I suspect so. also, the terena's robes.. (something like that, a 'T' name) crashes my game if put on, (female PC)..also did not work on matilda,..)


Thanks, and great mod bud.

OH! also, im playing through again on a diff char to see if it works then..
sthanson86 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-09-2009, 11:10 PM   #370
Darth_Osmers
Lurker
 
Darth_Osmers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 9
Current Game: SW:KOTOR 2
ive found something quite interesting concerning revans mask that could be put into Bos:Sr, the mandalorians envading of Cathar

this could be a cutscence or somethin like that

warning: major spoilers!
Show spoiler


and to the above did u add anything else to the override after installing Bos:Sr?
Darth_Osmers is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-10-2009, 12:23 AM   #371
sthanson86
Lurker
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 5
Quote:
and to the above did u add anything else to the override after installing Bos:Sr?
um...no? should I have?
sthanson86 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-10-2009, 12:44 AM   #372
JediAthos
Senior Member
 
JediAthos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,438
Current Game: Defiance
Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
No...he was asking because if you had added anything after installing the BoS mod it could potentially cause a conflict which in turn could cause any number of issues.

Welcome to the boards btw


"You'll find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

JediAthos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-10-2009, 12:56 AM   #373
sthanson86
Lurker
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 5
bah...Thanks. Ever continuing my path to get this thing to work right I DLed the newest version of kotor, ( I had hesitated from doing this earlier because of conflicts from vista..but I figured out how to run the new version..a pain nonetheless, im going to try getting to that part again, but I'll likely crumple to pieces and give up, ill let you know

oh and what i mean by version...is um, the patch, sorry english isn't my first language
sthanson86 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2009, 12:10 AM   #374
X-Wing Pilot 5
 
X-Wing Pilot 5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 24
Well, I've completed both the Brotherhood of Shadow and Solomon's Revenge quest, but now I seem to have lost Carth and Canderous - I can't put them in my party or equip them, nor are they found anywhere on the Ebon Hawk. (Pity, since I thought that Mandalorian Crusader armor would make a nice present for Mr. Ordo.) Why is that?

Also, why can't I modify Revan's Lightsaber? I was hoping to give it a blue crystal (symbolizing my redemption) and modify it with some other crystals, but it seems I can't do that...


Were are not merely luminous beings.
We are also this crude matter.
X-Wing Pilot 5
X-Wing Pilot 5 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2009, 08:49 AM   #375
Silveredge9
Retired Modder
 
Silveredge9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 710
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Hot Topic Starter Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sthanson86 View Post
Ok, out of respect for the no doubt overworked Silver, I've poured through all ten pages and the readme at least twice; I have found no one with a similar problem >.<

spoiler:
um ok. in the shadow temple after you fight solomon for the first time and have you get into that conversation with solomon about how she was just a pawn of revan..a test or some such, and fades to the battle of malachor..I think.. anyways it loads fine, but shortly after all I see is some symbol followed by a mandalorian BEGIN to run across, and BAM the game crashes, it's bugging me, suggestions? Im on vista, no mods installed, the installer insisted that it did everything correctly, reinstalled kotor recently before installing mod, I do not know if it's everytime, but I suspect so. also, the terena's robes.. (something like that, a 'T' name) crashes my game if put on, (female PC)..also did not work on matilda,..)


Thanks, and great mod bud.

OH! also, im playing through again on a diff char to see if it works then..
I think it may be more an issue with KOTOR's instability on Vista rather than a bug in the mod, because there's no reason why it should crash at those points, especially with the Telana's robe issue you mentioned. Have you tried reinstalling the mod?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Osmers View Post
ive found something quite interesting concerning revans mask that could be put into Bos:Sr, the mandalorians envading of Cathar

this could be a cutscence or somethin like that

warning: major spoilers!
Show spoiler
I don't plan on going back on adding any additional content to BoS:SR. The mod is finished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Wing Pilot 5 View Post
Well, I've completed both the Brotherhood of Shadow and Solomon's Revenge quest, but now I seem to have lost Carth and Canderous - I can't put them in my party or equip them, nor are they found anywhere on the Ebon Hawk. (Pity, since I thought that Mandalorian Crusader armor would make a nice present for Mr. Ordo.) Why is that?

Also, why can't I modify Revan's Lightsaber? I was hoping to give it a blue crystal (symbolizing my redemption) and modify it with some other crystals, but it seems I can't do that...
Show spoiler

Silveredge9 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2009, 10:21 AM   #376
JoesGuy
Rookie
 
JoesGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveredge9 View Post
Have you tried reinstalling the mod into a fresh override?
By that I'm assuming you mean installing it when no other mods are in override, in which case it's the only mod I installed currently.


The Joe's Corp is watching you. Be afraid.

Because I have so much personality, posting quotes by other people in my signature, by which I govern my life by, makes me the equivalent of god.

JoesGuy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2009, 01:00 PM   #377
Cliff_Em_All
Lurker
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4
Just finished mod and you did great job the quaility really shows as in all around. I had an issue (if it hasn't already been reported) where when you have party memebers follow you who aren't in your party warp on you and then you not being able to move. Though it can be avoiding but constantly moving it still happened to me here and there.

One more thing I've been looking up and done for it and I can't seem to find it you have the Republic commando mask but I can't seem find the armor. Am I missing it or was it not included?
Cliff_Em_All is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2009, 03:11 PM   #378
Lord of Hunger
Hunger, The Lord Of
 
Lord of Hunger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Korriban, Sith Empire
Posts: 1,022
Current Game: Shogun 2: Total War
@ Cliff_Em_All: I do not believe that the Armor is included as an available item. But I could be wrong.


As of 3/14/10, TSL is restored. The Sith Lords Restored Content Modification by Stoney and Zbyl has been finished and can be downloaded here.

Lord of Hunger is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2009, 05:37 PM   #379
Prolly
Lurker
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2
I downloaded this wonderful mod, but I started experiencing the same problem few people complained about earlier in this thread. I'm talking about constant crashes (about every 10+minutes or so) . Finally I reached a point where a crash was inevitable(during solomons revenge,inside the cave, just after stepping over the bridge and watching a clip from Shadow's past) . I've tried everything from reinstalling(with newest patch of course) to updating my Nvidia drivers . Even though I can't play the game anymore , I enjoyed every minute of the mod . Nice work
Prolly is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2009, 06:04 PM   #380
JediAthos
Senior Member
 
JediAthos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,438
Current Game: Defiance
Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Was the BoS mod the only mod you had installed? If not you may want to try clearing your override folder and installing only the BoS mod as it could be a mod conflict.

If BoS was the only mod you had installed you may want to simply reinstall the mod.

If you've already tried that...I can't help much further...sorry.


"You'll find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

JediAthos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2009, 06:11 PM   #381
sthanson86
Lurker
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 5
Ok, like silver said, it was vista's fault...well kinda anyways I think. but anywho, to people with my problem, you need to get the newest version of kotor, all patches etc, but that brings up another problem, there's a fix for it.. I don't remember it where I found it, but it was a new version of kotor.exe some guy got from emailing bioware, (oh by the by, the message was along the lines of the accusation that I was using emulation software- rubbish-) anywho after that you have to disable the UAC on your computer, (User account control) try it. if that doesnt work, with the UAC still off download the newest ATI. drivers, and lastly if all else fails attempt to run kotor in compatibility mode.. I think windows xp 2003 is best of the options i had..anyways It was alot of trouble I eventually just gave up and uninstalled and reinstalled.. (i DID get to play it all the way through, but it was alot of trouble just to play the regular game, awesome mod, again )

Steps to disable UAC
1. Go to control panel from the start menu, (on control panel HOME not classic view, you'll see what I mean when you open it up)
2. Go to User Accounts & Family safety, click on add or remove user accounts and click on "Go to the main account user home page"
3. From there click on 'Turn user account control off" and upon arriving there uncheck the box, it will recommend restarting..and do so.

P.S. If this doesn't work, or you don't trust me, just google around and look for making kotor compatible with vista. it's pretty much in effect all you need to do

Happy Kotoring

Last edited by sthanson86; 07-11-2009 at 06:24 PM.
sthanson86 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2009, 10:51 PM   #382
X-Wing Pilot 5
 
X-Wing Pilot 5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveredge9 View Post
Show spoiler
Show spoiler


Were are not merely luminous beings.
We are also this crude matter.
X-Wing Pilot 5
X-Wing Pilot 5 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-12-2009, 05:33 AM   #383
JoesGuy
Rookie
 
JoesGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 158
I tried reinstalling the mod, now Solomon's invisible, Mec 'Hanick is Malak and Kobayashi is a random Revan pc.


The Joe's Corp is watching you. Be afraid.

Because I have so much personality, posting quotes by other people in my signature, by which I govern my life by, makes me the equivalent of god.

JoesGuy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-12-2009, 07:04 AM   #384
Prolly
Lurker
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2
Well , I finally got past the bugged / crashy place I talked about before .
Everyone else who is having this problem try going to kotor configuration settings and turn off grass / shadow , also try turning on V-Sync .
Prolly is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-12-2009, 10:41 AM   #385
Silveredge9
Retired Modder
 
Silveredge9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 710
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Hot Topic Starter Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Wing Pilot 5 View Post
Show spoiler
Yes, I didn't intend for that to be possible in certain modules. I've since corrected this in the patch.

So if you warped back to the Ebon Hawk using the Mass Transit system from the Korriban Wastes, you need to go reenter the Mining Tunnels and they should be automatically added back into the party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoesGuy View Post
I tried reinstalling the mod, now Solomon's invisible, Mec 'Hanick is Malak and Kobayashi is a random Revan pc.
Did you reinstall the mod into a fresh override, or on top of the old BoS:SR files already in there? If it's the latter, delete all 2DA files from your override folder and reinstall the mod.

Silveredge9 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-12-2009, 11:43 AM   #386
Christos K
Forumite
 
Christos K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 746
I have encountered a strange glitch. This does not include any spoilers so I will just write it quickly. After I have finished with everything in the Temple of Shadow and I am now in that outside part of it. I go up the the path to where everything is happening and such but the character all appear invisible and when it goes to the cutscene/conversation (if it is supposed to do that) it is stuck at one position while battle music plays.


"It's the one that says Bad Mother ****er." - Jules Winnfield... Describing his wallet, Pulp Fiction.
Christos K is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-12-2009, 12:07 PM   #387
JoesGuy
Rookie
 
JoesGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveredge9 View Post
Did you reinstall the mod into a fresh override, or on top of the old BoS:SR files already in there? If it's the latter, delete all 2DA files from your override folder and reinstall the mod.
I deleted my Override folder altogether and reinstalled into an empty Override.


The Joe's Corp is watching you. Be afraid.

Because I have so much personality, posting quotes by other people in my signature, by which I govern my life by, makes me the equivalent of god.

JoesGuy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-12-2009, 09:38 PM   #388
sthanson86
Lurker
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 5
hey joe, Im not entirely sure, but sounds like its a problem outside of your override.. try reinstalling kotor, you might have downloaded some mod that interferes with other things in a different file, also it only works on with the newest patch of kotor..I hope it helps, Im sorry if it doesnt, I didnt look back to see exactly what was wrong, but from what I can see you had a problem almost similar to mine..good luck
sthanson86 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-12-2009, 10:45 PM   #389
X-Wing Pilot 5
 
X-Wing Pilot 5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveredge9 View Post
So if you warped back to the Ebon Hawk using the Mass Transit system from the Korriban Wastes, you need to go reenter the Mining Tunnels and they should be automatically added back into the party.
Well, every time I try and go back to the Residential Area, it says I need a pass key (or something like that.) Is there another way to enter the Mining Tunnels?
(Also, is the patch different from the file you posted on KOTORfiles? I looked there and on your site and there doesn't seem to be a patch updating things since the file I downloaded.)


Were are not merely luminous beings.
We are also this crude matter.
X-Wing Pilot 5
X-Wing Pilot 5 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-12-2009, 11:04 PM   #390
JoesGuy
Rookie
 
JoesGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by sthanson86 View Post
hey joe, Im not entirely sure, but sounds like its a problem outside of your override.. try reinstalling kotor, you might have downloaded some mod that interferes with other things in a different file, also it only works on with the newest patch of kotor..I hope it helps, Im sorry if it doesnt, I didnt look back to see exactly what was wrong, but from what I can see you had a problem almost similar to mine..good luck
I'm afraid my current setup is inconstant with the problem. First of all, I have the Best of Pc version of Kotor, so it's already patched. I've only just installed Kotor on my new pc to play this mod, so there are no other mods I have installed.


The Joe's Corp is watching you. Be afraid.

Because I have so much personality, posting quotes by other people in my signature, by which I govern my life by, makes me the equivalent of god.

JoesGuy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-13-2009, 12:03 AM   #391
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity
 
Chevron 7 locke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,362
Current Game: The Old Republic
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
Hey Silver, Found a glitch that's not game stopping...but it can be quite irritating.

Show spoiler
Chevron 7 locke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-13-2009, 08:25 AM   #392
Silveredge9
Retired Modder
 
Silveredge9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 710
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Hot Topic Starter Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christos K View Post
I have encountered a strange glitch. This does not include any spoilers so I will just write it quickly. After I have finished with everything in the Temple of Shadow and I am now in that outside part of it. I go up the the path to where everything is happening and such but the character all appear invisible and when it goes to the cutscene/conversation (if it is supposed to do that) it is stuck at one position while battle music plays.
It could be a random glitch, have you tried reloading the autosave?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoesGuy View Post
I deleted my Override folder altogether and reinstalled into an empty Override.
Have you tried loading an earlier save from before you entered the area? If the problem still persists, and characters still have different appearances, create a save game within the problematic area and send it me via email or something so I can take a better look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Wing Pilot 5 View Post
Well, every time I try and go back to the Residential Area, it says I need a pass key (or something like that.) Is there another way to enter the Mining Tunnels?
(Also, is the patch different from the file you posted on KOTORfiles? I looked there and on your site and there doesn't seem to be a patch updating things since the file I downloaded.)
Ah yes, then you need to open the console and type "warp bos_tunnels", and then when you're in the Mining Tunnels, open the console and type "bos_czerka" to warp back to the Main Level of the Czerka Mining Facility.

And the patch has not been released yet. It isn't yet complete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevron 7 locke View Post
Hey Silver, Found a glitch that's not game stopping...but it can be quite irritating.

Show spoiler
I'll look into the bug. And you can just use KSE to change the PC's appearance.

Silveredge9 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-15-2009, 03:00 PM   #393
Mindtwistah
Junior Member
 
Mindtwistah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Derka Derka
Posts: 470
Wow.

I just reinstalled kotor and downloaded this mod for the first time. And HOLY CRAP I was amazed.

This mod is perfect! It gave me more excitment and fun-time than playing the rest of the game! So much variation, so many dialouges, interesting characters and you get to play as a protocol droid!

And the playtime was really long! Even with my uberswords that do 100+ dmg (I'm not a big fan of combat, just like to "skip" them :P) it took me around 1,5weeks, playing 1-2 hours a day. Hell, I've not even finished playing it, I'm still killing people for the hutt ambassador =D

Silveredge, you are my hero You've created the greatest mod ever, that's even better than the main game.


Mindtwistah is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-18-2009, 08:23 PM   #394
CJgonzalez
Lurker
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3
i have a problem...on the first quest..a favour for a rodian...he asks me to meet with someone on tatooine..ive been told he is right around the swoop registration point..but i dont find him..anywhere...also after i talk to the rodian on the quest journal it appears only the name of the quest and not the description...i loaded the save file that comes with the solomons revenge mod and still the same..i cant find the guy..should i reinstall SR?? ive never played the brotherhood of shadow mod before.. any help?
CJgonzalez is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-21-2009, 01:29 AM   #395
Revan Starsaber
Lurker
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2
Current Game: KOTOR, Myth 2
Is there a quick fix I can perform on my own for removing the strange outline on the fifth Asian head (PMHA05)? Thanks.
Revan Starsaber is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-21-2009, 07:59 AM   #396
maugomale
Rookie
 
maugomale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Porto Alegre, Brazil
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJgonzalez View Post
i have a problem...on the first quest..a favour for a rodian...he asks me to meet with someone on tatooine..ive been told he is right around the swoop registration point..but i dont find him..anywhere...also after i talk to the rodian on the quest journal it appears only the name of the quest and not the description...i loaded the save file that comes with the solomons revenge mod and still the same..i cant find the guy..should i reinstall SR?? ive never played the brotherhood of shadow mod before.. any help?
He's at the cantina where you find Bastila's mother, on the upper left corner from when you enter it.
maugomale is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-21-2009, 07:53 PM   #397
CJgonzalez
Lurker
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by maugomale View Post
He's at the cantina where you find Bastila's mother, on the upper left corner from when you enter it.
still nothing... i cant find this guy...should i reinstall SR? or maybe create a new override folder with only SR in it? what do you suggest?? thanks
CJgonzalez is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-21-2009, 08:54 PM   #398
Master Shake
Junior Member
 
Master Shake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: S.D
Posts: 295
Current Game: kotor 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJgonzalez View Post
create a new override folder with only SR in it? what do you suggest?? thanks
This would be the best option.
Master Shake is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-21-2009, 10:24 PM   #399
CJgonzalez
Lurker
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Shake View Post
This would be the best option.
problem solved..thanks...
CJgonzalez is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-24-2009, 06:49 AM   #400
Nick Vader
Junior Member
 
Nick Vader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Right behind you !
Posts: 301
Current Game: Dead Rising 2
Is there any way to get the Republic Commando Uniform ?

Quote:
IN:
Shadow's memories, the Orion is under attack by a Republic vessel, and once I reached the captain that had invaded the Orion, I saw some Republic Commandos. Really cool clothes ! How can I get them ?

By the way, just finished it. Amazing.


Nick Vader is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Taris Upper City Emporium > Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:22 AM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.