View Poll Results: If you were on the Council how would you respond?
Approve the request to form the taskforce 11 91.67%
Deny the request to form the taskforce 1 8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: If you were on the Council would you...(longish)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-21-2009, 10:26 PM   #1
JediShadow
Lurker

If you were on the Council would you...(longish)

This is a request by a Jedi Master to the Council. Please pick one of the options and your reasons as to why. Wasn't sure where to post this, so if its in the wrong area please let me know.

"I come before the remnant of our Council today to discuss a matter of grave importance. Before I make my request I beseech you to hear me out fully and meditate on what I have to say before you make your decision.

Our Order has taken heavy casualties with the latest incursion of the Sith into the Republic. Our Temple lies in ruins, our brothers and sisters lay slain, and the Senate has turned against us. Yes, we have earned a much needed, but I fear all-too-brief, respite with the signing of the Treaty…like me, I believe you know this tenuous peace cannot and will not last. The Sith want our destruction and the complete domination of the Republic and they will be coming…trust me they will be coming.

I would take a moment to recount the history of our Order, but I’m sure you know it all too well. Since the founding of our Order we have relentlessly battled the Sith. Yet, with every victory we grow complacent and overconfident. We continue to be blinded to the reality of how things are. The Sith come from the edges of known space to conquer and oppress or they spring forth from within our own ranks and cause irreparable damage to the Republic and the Galaxy as a whole. One thing remains constant…they always return.

Like a flower that blooms only to wither away, as long as there are those with power there will be others that crave it. And just the same, and I fear this is inevitable, as long as there are those that use the Force for good…there will be those that use it for evil and nefarious means.

Therefore I stand before you today and plead with you to allow me to create a taskforce to actively seek out, expose, and defeat those who would abuse the Force and threaten the Republic. I realize that as Jedi this duty falls under our mandate, but our numbers are thinned and we cannot possibly hope to be everywhere at once. It is my belief that a focused group of Jedi Knights small enough to move unnoticed will greatly turn the tide in our favor.

I thank you for your time and hope to hear an answer soon."

Last edited by JediShadow; 07-21-2009 at 10:33 PM.
JediShadow is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-21-2009, 10:31 PM   #2
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
I'd approve. As a conservative I am very pro-military and I fully support the snuffing out of any and all potential terrorism. The Jedi lost sight of this many times in their history and it cost them dearly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-21-2009, 10:59 PM   #3
Trench
Guy with Monocle

Current Game: DX:HR, iKotOR
LF Jester 
Approve. Need I say more?

Trench is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-21-2009, 11:03 PM   #4
Hallucination
Baron von Sexy

Current Game: HKO closed beta
Deny, it's obvious that he isn't a good Jedi and shouldn't be a master because real Jedi don't make nonsensical similes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediShadow View Post
Like a flower that blooms only to wither away, as long as there are those with power there will be others that crave it.
See, the first part describes cyclicality/decay and the second part likens that to balance, how does that work?

Let's kill ourselves.
Hallucination is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-21-2009, 11:06 PM   #5
JediShadow
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallucination View Post
Deny, it's obvious that he isn't a good Jedi and shouldn't be a master because real Jedi don't make nonsensical similes.

See, the first part describes cyclicality/decay and the second part likens that to balance, how does that work?
To me all three parts talk about balance, maybe I just worded it wrong. The part about the flower was taken from yin-yang. Kinda like what goes up must come down. For every action there is an opposite reaction kinda thing. Balance.

Maybe I should have said "For a flower to bloom another must wither and die" I dunno.

I'm mostly concerned with people's choice and their reasoning for allowing or denying the taskforce.
JediShadow is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-22-2009, 04:38 AM   #6
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Deny. While it is true that one of the Jedi's primary concerns is combatting the Dark Side, rushing in headlong without any proper analysis could cause more problems, and potentially loss of life, weakening the Order even more.

The Sith may be coming, but the Jedi will always rally to meet them - but dividing their forces would be a mistake.

Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-22-2009, 05:04 AM   #7
Da_Man_2423
Forumite

Current Game: NCAA Football 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerimar Nyliram View Post
I'd approve. As a conservative I am very pro-military and I fully support the snuffing out of any and all potential terrorism. The Jedi lost sight of this many times in their history and it cost them dearly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Te Mirdala Mand'alor View Post
Approve. Need I say more?
What these two said. Approve.

Da_Man_2423 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-22-2009, 08:53 AM   #8
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Fight Fire with Fire, Taskforce approved. The Sith Only fall when they are confronted, the fact they they may again return is out of the Council's control, and the lesser of two Evils. The Sith's very existence is to go against what the Jedi stand for, they must be stopped.

adamqd is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-22-2009, 09:49 AM   #9
Demongo
Afro Skeleton

Current Game: Street Fighter IV
Approve. There is nothing more to say.

Bink's Sake

"I've barely eaten anything for many decades now. It feels like my stomach shriveled into my back........though i don't have a stomach or back because i'm a skeleton! Yohohohoho! SKULL JOKE!"

"My eyes have never seen such a pretty woman! But i'm a skeleton so my eyes don't see much."
Demongo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-22-2009, 12:14 PM   #10
Hunted
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediShadow View Post
Yes, we have earned a much needed, but I fear all-too-brief, respite with the signing of the Treaty…like me, I believe you know this tenuous peace cannot and will not last.

And just the same, and I fear this is inevitable, as long as there are those that use the Force for good…there will be those that use it for evil and nefarious means.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Yoda
“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”
Request denied.
Hunted is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-22-2009, 04:37 PM   #11
Master Shake

Current Game: kotor 3
Approve, they just destroyed our temple dammit!

“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for something you are not.” Andre Gide.
Master Shake is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO Forums > Game Discussion > Tython Temple > If you were on the Council would you...(longish)