lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Anakin as Emperor?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-19-2008, 02:07 PM   #41
Jedil3thal
Rookie

He probalby would after all they said he was the chosen jedi that would defeat the sith so he could defeat the emperor and rule

Weapons are helpful accesories but your skills are how you act In battle but to win strength is your greatest ally
Jedil3thal is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-11-2009, 01:24 PM   #42
The Dark Lord
Rookie

Current Game: sw force unleashed
Anakin/Dathvader is the most powerful sith of them all said the phrothecy so he could kill the emperour easily the resons he dint:

Episode 3, he dint want to be by himself plus he needed palpetine to get the galactic empire organized

Episode 4, He wants Luke with him to defeat the emperor father and son.

Episode 5, same as 4 but he wants luke to become a Darksider

Episode 6, He relizes the true meaning of the Darkside and that luke would never join him so he decides to kill the emperor to help his son and to put a end to the Darkside.
The Dark Lord is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-11-2009, 01:39 PM   #43
The Dark Lord
Rookie

Current Game: sw force unleashed
oh and the prothecy was right he does defeat the emperor just not the way the jedi picrtured it.
The Dark Lord is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-11-2009, 04:28 PM   #44
Zwier Zak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qliveur View Post
If you're only refering to the Anakin of the prequels then I'd have to agree with you. But the Darth Vader of the OT (esp. ESB!) was perfectly capable of ruling the galaxy.

You see, they're two completely different characters. Prequel Anakin was a friggin' idiot that totally undermined the character of Darth Vader, IMHO.

Yet another reason why I despise the prequels with every fiber of my being.
Same here.
Zwier Zak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-06-2009, 06:24 PM   #45
Te Je'karta Mand'alor
Banned

Current Game: KotOR 2
greivious is'nt force sensitive
Te Je'karta Mand'alor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-07-2009, 10:09 AM   #46
Carsew
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scavangerman34 View Post
greivious is'nt force sensitive
No one has said so either. Don't post stupid stuff, please.
Carsew is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-28-2009, 10:19 AM   #47
jadelee
Lurker

Arrow

Just can't not to agree with The Dark Lord!

glitter graphics? just like them...
jadelee is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-06-2009, 09:36 AM   #48
Nemez0r
Rookie

Current Game: UT2004, JKA MBII mod
Vader WAS 'The Chosen One' but he got owned by obi-wan! The suit was the only thing stopping him from killing palpy... imagine if vader DIDN'T have the suit.
Nemez0r is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-16-2009, 09:17 PM   #49
K_Kinnison
Grey Lensman

Forum Veteran Hot Topic Starter 10 year veteran! 
ARGH i have been reading this thread and find it an insult to fandom to use Videos games as evidence to support an opinion in a discussion of G canon.

From ESB:
Quote:
VADER: Luke. You can destroy the Emperor. He has foreseen this. It is your destiny. Join me, and we can rule the galaxy as father and son.
Come with me. It's the only way.
Vader wanted Luke to join him in defeating the Emperor because Vader knew the Emperor was too powerful for him. Then after the Emperor's Deafeat they could rule the Empire.

Luke wanted to save Vader/Anakin, and in doing so they could defeat the Emporer, and bring peace and the Old republic back to the Galaxy. Tho Luke probably wanted to just save his dad and that was enough.

The Emperor on the other hand knew Luke was a threat. That is why he pitted Vader and Luke against each other. Luke could only win, by using the Dark side. And Luke Almost DID win, and succumb by a merest fraction. He only missed the Coup de Grace on Vader.

If Luke did the Coup de Grace The Emporer would have a new more likely more powerful apprentice. Otherwise, Vader would have won, and there would be one more less threat.

Vader more then likely could have ruled as a Tyrant in the Emperor's place. The only problem would be that Vader wouldn't have the Far-sighted vision that the Emporer had. I doubt Vader would have come up with the idea to lure the Rebels into a Trap with the Second Death star. Instead vader would likely Base-Delta-Zero any perceived uprising or rebel sympathizers.

If there are suppose to be troopers or royal guards defending the Emporer. How the heck was Luke able to drag Anakin's body to the shuttle without having to confront them? In the time it took Lando and wedge to travel to the Reactor core: Luke had to take the Turbolift down to the Death star surface, travel how ever many MILES to the Equatorial Trench (most likely an Express Turbolift for the Emporer's personal use) have an emotional Father sun talk and launch the shuttle.

BOW DOWN BEFORE the Official Forum Pun-isher
Official XWA flight instructor
get busy with it!

Last edited by K_Kinnison; 06-16-2009 at 10:40 PM.
K_Kinnison is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-29-2009, 12:21 AM   #50
DarthAwesome
Rookie

Current Game: KOTOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripHammer View Post
In the duel of Palpy and Yoda... Palpatine makes mention that "Vader will become more powerful than either of us". But Vader never does. I guess we can thank Obi Wan for creating another cyborg that uses the force (Grievous comes to mind).

But I started thinking.. do you think Anakin would have actually been more powerful than the emperor if he never wound up on the low ground against Kenobi and became stumpy the burnt toast sith? If left to develop into a sith apprentice unimpeded by his disability or handicap that Obi left him with... Do you think Vader indeed could have been the emperor?

Before his duel with Obi Wan.. Anakin was speaking of ruling his empire with Padme at his side... So Anakin definitely had ambitions for it. Did Obi take some steam out of his step... and Vader was content at being the Emperor's gopher?
I think, without a doubt, Anakin would've become more powerful than the Emperor had he not being maimed by Obi-Wan and been left to burn to a crisp on Mustafar. Anakin had the potential to become one of the most powerful force users the galaxy had ever seen but it wasn't realized and thanks to Obi-Wan he wound up in the suit, being the Emperor's lackey. If Anakin had defeated Obi-Wan during the Battle Of the Heroes, I have no doubt, that he would've overthrown the Emperor, eventually.

Last edited by DarthAwesome; 06-30-2009 at 12:13 AM.
DarthAwesome is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2009, 02:42 PM   #51
mattig89ch

I always got the impression that he was going to over throw the emporer in due time. He was just waiting for the right moment to strike.

Quote:
528) ... and you make her do it half naked, in undies only. o.O ... and you extend this to your female boss
583 - Your female boss agrees
530) Your boss thinks you nuts for trying to wield a lightsaber
mattig89ch is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-12-2009, 06:57 PM   #52
Te Je'karta Mand'alor
Banned

Current Game: KotOR 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Obi-Wan View Post
Most likely. The alternate ending of the Revenge of the Sith game, kinda helped. Anakin/Darth Vader had intentions to overrule the Empire, and probably would. Just like Sidious did to his master.
that seem's pretty acurate beside's the fact that anakin would have built his own lightsaber
Te Je'karta Mand'alor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > Prequel Trilogy > Anakin as Emperor?