lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Visual Upgrade Mod?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-08-2009, 08:03 PM   #1
SlavicLucas
Lurker

Visual Upgrade Mod?

Is there a way to get the Visual Upgrade Mod?

I mean, I know it is a part of the unofficial 1.02 and 1.03 patches, but I dislike a number of the changes and just want the visual upgrade mod.

I'm referring to these improvements that obviously make the game run so incredibly smoothly (it's as if I don't meet the system requirements without the mod).
SlavicLucas is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-08-2009, 09:03 PM   #2
Bokken
Wizard of Yendor

Current Game: Abandoned Realms
You can remove the FakeConsole by backing up common.lvl and mission.lvl and replacing the new ones with the originals. You can remove the HUD by running the batch file that came with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJhredmo
It is LucasArts.
Bokken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-09-2009, 03:22 PM   #3
SlavicLucas
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokkenblader56 View Post
You can remove the FakeConsole by backing up common.lvl and mission.lvl and replacing the new ones with the originals. You can remove the HUD by running the batch file that came with it.
However, I cannot remove the weapon changes (the limited weapons in space battles, which is actually the reason why I've played this game, have made them quite tiresome).
Old 09-09-2009, 05:54 PM   #4
Bokken
Wizard of Yendor

Current Game: Abandoned Realms
...Weapon changes? No changes are made to the weapons other than visual changes. If you're talking about mod maps, that's completely different. The Patches wouldn't be online compatible if whatever you're talking about was that much different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJhredmo
It is LucasArts.
Bokken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-09-2009, 06:40 PM   #5
SlavicLucas
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokkenblader56 View Post
...Weapon changes? No changes are made to the weapons other than visual changes. If you're talking about mod maps, that's completely different. The Patches wouldn't be online compatible if whatever you're talking about was that much different.
Hmmm, you may be right. Let me redownload and install them to recheck.

I might've mixed it up with the unofficial expansion pack...
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars Battlefront II > Modding & Editing > Visual Upgrade Mod?