lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: kotor wont start
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-26-2009, 12:21 AM   #1
master goodwin
Lurker

Exclamation kotor wont start

when i start it up everything works fine, i see the lucas arts logo, then the bioware logo, then malak holding his lightsaber, then the screen goes black and all that is there is the cursor(sometimes i can move the cusor but other i cant) then a blue screen pops up and says

A problem has beendetected and windowshas been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
If this is the firsttime youve seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow thses steps:
Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adapters.
Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable componets, restart your computer, press F8 to select advanced startup options, and then select safe mode.
Technical information:
*** STOP: 0x0000008E (ox8oooooo4, ox806ECAE1, 0XA2833B60, OX00000000)
Begining dump of phisical memory
phisical memory dumpcomplete.
Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.
master goodwin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-26-2009, 02:23 PM   #2
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Hi. Please post your system specs like this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stingerhs View Post
Post your system specs
Sometimes we're just not going to be able to help you if we don't know what kind of hardware you have on your machine. If you don't know what you have on your machine, then follow these steps below:
  • Bring up the launcher menu for Kotor 1 or 2.
  • Click on "Configure".
  • Click the "Scan Hardware" button on the lower center of the window.
  • Click "Yes" to continue.
  • Click "Details" to view your system specs.
  • Click "Save Report" and save the file to your desktop.
  • Whenever you post your problem, open the file you just saved and copy and paste the contents to your post.
Also, please tell us what OS you're using, because swconfig was written before the advent of Vista and won't recognize it.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Trouble Shooting > The Work Bench > kotor wont start