lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Forge: Loom Sequel in production
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2009, 08:27 PM   #1
Da_Duke2000
Rookie

Forge: Loom Sequel (Update: January 15th, 2011)

Update: Janury 15th, 2011 - Happy New Year

Well, Happy New Year to everyone here on the forums, registered or not. Its been a while since we've had a formal Update here on the board, so I thought it was time to do so. (That, and one of our members was scared we've stopped working!).

True, progress has been slow in this last 8 weeks. Our lead scripter is busy with his studies, and I recently began new work in mid-November which has dedicated a lot of my focus. Not to mention, Christmas!

But, lets talk FORGE for a bit.

In the last two weeks we've had remarkable outreach from the public, and from old contributors. We've got 5 wonderful new audio tracks, and contacted our artist for THREE more lovely backgrounds for Chapter 2. We've had offers for plot and puzzle help, (You know who you are ), and even an offer for sound effects! Offers for translations are coming in, and while that's a long time away its wonderful to see the support from the public.

On the topic of Donations, the Donations we've received from those on the list have been so tremendously appreciated i truly have no words. The first two Chapter 2 backgrounds were all but entirely paid for by those donations ($160 is what was charged, for the two) and the next three will be in the area of $240. We still have $87 in Donation funds available, it will be insufficient to cover the costs of all three, but I have faith that between now and the completion of the backgrounds, we will see more donations come in.

In the spirit of not sounding preachy, I want to remind everyone here that all of Chapter 1 (And its 13 backgrounds, AND portraits, AND sprites) were all paid for without the help of donations. So be assured, as much as your donations are a cherished gesture to the success of FORGE, the team will ensure its completion one way or another.

Here is to a great 2011!

Update: September 15, 2010:
-We have enabled our Donations page.

Update: September 4th, 2010:
-We have just finished our twelfth full color background, which is entirely whats needed for Chapter 1 to be considered complete.
-New full time spriter joined our team in August, bringing our backgrounds to life.
-Full size printable poster (of our box art) will be available in a few weeks, just finishing touches now.
-To ensure the fanbase stays excited and remains hopeful, we will most likely be launching a formal release of Chapter 1, upon completion.
-While art and scripting are in progress, side additions are being worked on. Such as a companion Book of Schematics, and even perhaps a companion Audio Drama.

-

Myself and a team have been working on a LOOM Sequel entitled FORGE. It will be following Rusty and his journey to rescue his father, free the Forge, and unite the Guilds of the world.

This project is in Active development, and I not want to this project to come across as flaky or tentative. Our forum is setup here:
http://forge.freeiz.com/
(New URL, April 1, 2010)

Its being scripted in AGS, and we've got a solid team thus far. Though additional background artists would definitely be welcome. Anyways, please stop by, post here, or MSN/Email me directly at Da_Duke2000@hotmail.com if you're curious about the project.

Thanks for reading.

~Duke Davidson

PS: One of the subforums is password protected for members.
PS2: An important detail. This will be a Freeware game. No profits of any kind will be generated.

Last edited by Da_Duke2000; 01-15-2011 at 01:08 AM. Reason: Update: September 15th, 2010 - Donations Page Added
Da_Duke2000 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Mixnmojo.com > Community Discussion Forums > SCUMM > Forge: Loom Sequel in production