lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: My Theories on Sion, Nihilus, Bandon, and Bao-Dur
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-29-2009, 04:51 PM   #1
Te Darasuum Mandalor
Forumite
 
Te Darasuum Mandalor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: I be at Sea!
Posts: 688
Current Game: POTC: New Horizons
My Theories on Sion, Nihilus, Bandon, and Bao-Dur

Ok, I did a little research (and comic reading) on the true identities of the sith I posted here, but then I also have a theory on Bao-Dur's fate. Read, because I have an interesting theory.

Bao-Dur: Sacrifised himself at Malachor. He and his remote had to personaly activate the mass shaddow generator. Not very interesting but it sure explains alot.

Darth Bandon: Darth Bandon seemed to be a pretty cool character in the KOTOR galaxy, here's my theory on his fate and his identity. darth Bandon, as we all know, is a very interesting character who is the apprentice of Darth Malak. I remember reading the comics and in them, there is a character named Shad Jevelan who resembles Bandon very much. The face looks like a younger self, and he began to grow a moustache. It was said his master killed him, but in one of the issues, it says Zayne still felt his presence, and my theory states he is Darth Bandon. Also, when I fought him In KOTOR 1, he was hard to kill, so I just bypassed the duel against him, then I abandoned him in the shaddowlands. Coincidently when reading an artical on wookipedia, it states that the campaign guide says he died on Malachor 5. Maybe I wasn't supposed to kill him! If you look at these two photos, you may see a slight resemblence.


Darth Nihilus: Now here's a creepy guy. Darth Nihilus is basicly a Nazgul with a lightsaber who can wield the force, I have a pretty interesting theory on him too. Here's my theory, Darth Nihilus isn't human or any type of creature. All he is is the force itself. He is litteraly the Dark Side, a kind of Spirit. He represents everything bad which happened at Malachor that fateful day. All the Jedi Died, and because of it, they took the form of a single being, Nihilus or, The Black One. This theory is similar to the results of the thought bomb as stated in Darth Bane: Path of Destruction. Since he really isn't living at all, that explains his voice, he speaks though the force just as his apprentice Visas sees through the force. That also explains why there was no body after he was killed.

Darth Sion: Now this is my favorite theory. In the KOTOR comics, there is a character named Lucien Draay, son of a famous war hero. His master is Haazen, a fractured human like that of Sion. They look similar and my first reaction is that they were one and the same, until I read issue 6: Vindiction which he stated his Sith name was Darth Hayze and he named Lucien his new apprentice and proclaimed him Darth Sion as in LuCION. Then I discovered on wookipedia that Sion became a fractured body after an explosion at the Draay estate, and Lucien was a Draay. There are alot of links. Look at these two pictures closely. I see a big resemblence because minus the missing hair and the fractured body, they look almost exactly the same.




Just my theories, feel free to give me yours!
Te Darasuum Mandalor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-30-2009, 12:07 AM   #2
Darth Avlectus
If Sunday you're free...
 
Darth Avlectus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Why don't you come with me...
Posts: 4,267
Current Game: Poisoning pigeons in the park.
Darth Nihilus: I believe he was just a man, he happened to be on malachor V when the destruction occurred.

The black one? Well, I'm sure whoever decided Nihilus' figure had dreadlocks would agree with you:

However, I daresay that Hasbro has some explaining to do.

Darth Sion: I also thought Lucien Draay was going to become Darth Sion, but I don't think so. In the comics I even saw it alluded to in a most...colorful manner. Several times. However I thought Draay fought it off and swore against it in the comics...in fact I'm almost positive he went to retire on a private estate his family owned for a long time, up on some moon.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sion

Quote:
The Article
In the Great Sith War of 3,996 BBY, Sion served as a Sith Marauder in Exar Kun's Sith Empire. Seeking death, Sion went into battle against the Jedi but continued to survive the encounters. He became convinced he was immortal as he built up a greater and greater tolerance for pain. Eventually, Sion was struck down, but he did not die. Instead, the pain within him welled up to agonizing levels, driving Sion to rise once more and strike down his would-be killer with all his anger and hate. Sion found that he could hold his own decomposing body together with the dark side of the Force. Though this process brought him excruciating pain and forced him to continuously concentrate on his rage, Sion considered it a worthy price for immortality. Kun ultimately lost the war, but Sion survived the fall of the Sith Empire.
Cited Source
In 3,963 BBY, the Sith Acolyte Haazen prophesied that the Jedi Guardian Lucien Draay would teach Haazen's new Sith, suggesting "Darth Sion" as a possible name he could take; Source
Haazen was later defeated and Draay turned away from the path of the Lord of Pain. Source
So there is some Serious Retcon or explaining that needs to be done here.
However I am fairly certain Lucien Draay is NOT Sion's former identity. I agree there is a likeness, however I thought Haazen or Darth Hayze was Nihilus...I was wrong...

I believe the reason Sion looked so young is because Dark Healing has its way of healing by stopping age and piecing you back together well enough so you can continue to function. The power would have to be preventing erosion and decay as much as possible if the body is to remain intact enough to continue to use.

Sion got himself struck down, but I theorize had learned enough by that point about darkside healing and how to preserve and keep his mind intact and continue to control and use his body that upon the blow that would be death, he rose again.
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-30-2009, 12:48 AM   #3
TriggerGod
Senior Member
 
TriggerGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: hiding
Posts: 2,415
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrcharlton View Post
Bao-Dur: Sacrifised himself at Malachor. He and his remote had to personaly activate the mass shaddow generator. Not very interesting but it sure explains alot.
That wouldn't be right, considering that in a lost sound file, Bao says something along the lines of "Don't let my sacrifice be in vain" in his appearance to the remote on Malachor. Since Bao-Dur had pre-recorded it, it means he had died somewhere along the line before Malachor. Of course, he could also have recorded it long ago, assuming he would be dead by the time the remote would return to malachor.

The way Obsidian set up Bao-Dur's back story and end-game plot (or lack thereof) left a lot of room for speculation. Of course, many people believe he died between the remote's message and the battle of the ravager.

Which ever way you look at it, Bao-Dur most likely died before the End-Game.

Quote:
Darth Bandon: Darth Bandon seemed to be a pretty cool character in the KOTOR galaxy, here's my theory on his fate and his identity. darth Bandon, as we all know, is a very interesting character who is the apprentice of Darth Malak. I remember reading the comics and in them, there is a character named Shad Jevelan who resembles Bandon very much. The face looks like a younger self, and he began to grow a moustache. It was said his master killed him, but in one of the issues, it says Zayne still felt his presence, and my theory states he is Darth Bandon. Also, when I fought him In KOTOR 1, he was hard to kill, so I just bypassed the duel against him, then I abandoned him in the shaddowlands. Coincidently when reading an artical on wookipedia, it states that the campaign guide says he died on Malachor 5. Maybe I wasn't supposed to kill him! If you look at these two photos, you may see a slight resemblence.
Darth Bandon is Darth Bandon. Unless Bioware or LucasArts or Dark Horse comes out and says "[name here] is Darth Bandon, gtfo", he will always remain Darth Bandon.

Quote:
Darth Nihilus: Now here's a creepy guy. Darth Nihilus is basicly a Nazgul with a lightsaber who can wield the force, I have a pretty interesting theory on him too. Here's my theory, Darth Nihilus isn't human or any type of creature. All he is is the force itself. He is litteraly the Dark Side, a kind of Spirit. He represents everything bad which happened at Malachor that fateful day. All the Jedi Died, and because of it, they took the form of a single being, Nihilus or, The Black One. This theory is similar to the results of the thought bomb as stated in Darth Bane: Path of Destruction. Since he really isn't living at all, that explains his voice, he speaks though the force just as his apprentice Visas sees through the force. That also explains why there was no body after he was killed.
Which of course could make a lot of sense. Until you take into consideration Kreia said he was Just a Man. And if Nihilus was a real master of the Force, like he was hyped to be, he would have learned the methods to becoming one with it, similar to a jedi we all know and tolerate moderately.

Quote:
Darth Sion: Now this is my favorite theory. In the KOTOR comics, there is a character named Lucien Draay, son of a famous war hero. His master is Haazen, a fractured human like that of Sion. They look similar and my first reaction is that they were one and the same, until I read issue 6: Vindiction which he stated his Sith name was Darth Hayze and he named Lucien his new apprentice and proclaimed him Darth Sion as in LuCION. Then I discovered on wookipedia that Sion became a fractured body after an explosion at the Draay estate, and Lucien was a Draay. There are alot of links. Look at these two pictures closely. I see a big resemblence because minus the missing hair and the fractured body, they look almost exactly the same.
Which, once again, would make a lot of sense, but doesn't when you take into account the differences. Lucien's body was scarred and burnt by the time of the Mandalorian Wars. But, Lucien was born 4000 BBY, and Sion served in the Great Sith War in 3996 BBY. I'm not sure about you, but I don't think that Lucien was scarred, burnt, and on the dark side by the age of 4.

And even if they managed to retcon that fact, they'd have to deal with the fact that Lucien stayed away from the Dark Side, and when to his family's estate on that one moon.
TriggerGod is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-30-2009, 04:41 AM   #4
Darth Avlectus
If Sunday you're free...
 
Darth Avlectus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Why don't you come with me...
Posts: 4,267
Current Game: Poisoning pigeons in the park.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriggerGod View Post
That wouldn't be right, considering that in a lost sound file, Bao says something along the lines of "Don't let my sacrifice be in vain" in his appearance to the remote on Malachor. Since Bao-Dur had pre-recorded it, it means he had died somewhere along the line before Malachor. Of course, he could also have recorded it long ago, assuming he would be dead by the time the remote would return to malachor.

The way Obsidian set up Bao-Dur's back story and end-game plot (or lack thereof) left a lot of room for speculation. Of course, many people believe he died between the remote's message and the battle of the ravager.

Which ever way you look at it, Bao-Dur most likely died before the End-Game.
I could never honestly make anything of it. One way or the other as-is.

Perhaps Obsidian had plans for him to have died, but I'm not sure how or where he would have died. Though it does sound like a mod inspiration and since you're a modder...PM me...before I forget about this.

But as it is I believe he just couldn't bear to see the horror he wrought...well, then again that doesn't make sense so I guess you have a point... Hmm, never thought of that.


Quote:
Which of course could make a lot of sense. Until you take into consideration Kreia said he was Just a Man. And if Nihilus was a real master of the Force, like he was hyped to be, he would have learned the methods to becoming one with it, similar to a jedi we all know and tolerate moderately.
According to the New Essential Chronology, an unnamed Darth who was believed to be his apprentice (had to've been before or in the shadow of, Visas Marr) is still on the loose. So his teachings at least may have survived. I know assassins in general did not go away. May not have been Nihilus, Sion, or Traya assassins though.

Since his whole concept is similar to magical creatures in other story types (losing his body due to force usage, the high dependency and slavery to his own power) it may well be that his body simply faded out and be no more. That he may have passed a certain threshold and it prevented him from being able to become immortal and one with the force. He gave up everything to achieve it afterall.



Quote:
And even if they managed to retcon that fact, they'd have to deal with the fact that Lucien stayed away from the Dark Side, and when to his family's estate on that one moon.
Anything is possible. At this rate anyways.


We'll murder them all, amid laughter and merriment...except for the few we take home to experiment!

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-30-2009, 08:00 AM   #5
Te Darasuum Mandalor
Forumite
 
Te Darasuum Mandalor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: I be at Sea!
Posts: 688
Current Game: POTC: New Horizons
LOL my little brother has that action figure!

I actually have a fic up about how sion became sion. Its called a Heroes Welcome and its gotten i think two or so good reviews.

Last edited by jonathan7; 12-30-2009 at 08:54 AM. Reason: Merged double post -- j7
Te Darasuum Mandalor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-05-2011, 03:53 AM   #6
A mirror
Rookie
 
A mirror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 10
Current Game: KotOR 2
Another possible theory for Bao-dur could be;
1)Bao-dur was knocked unconscious when the shuttle crashed on the Telos polar plateau, no one else was.
2)When the Ebon Hawk crashed on Malachor v, Mira ended up half way across the level.
3)So, it is possible that he could have died in the crash.
A mirror is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-15-2011, 08:29 PM   #7
Qui-Don Jorn
Junior Member
 
Qui-Don Jorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The Fleet, where are you?
Posts: 435
Current Game: The Old Republic
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by A mirror View Post
Another possible theory for Bao-dur could be;
1)Bao-dur was knocked unconscious when the shuttle crashed on the Telos polar plateau, no one else was.
2)When the Ebon Hawk crashed on Malachor v, Mira ended up half way across the level.
3)So, it is possible that he could have died in the crash.
Yeah, he was always getting knocked unconcious, thats what Bao-Dur *does*...lol.
If you play the HK-Factory in TSLRCM, he takes HK to Telos..wouldn't he still there at point of end-game,.

Mira- yeah,what is up with that? How'd she get so far from the ship?

Nihilus- Visas says he's just a man. Done.

Sion= not Lucien Draay. Done.
Qui-Don Jorn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-22-2011, 01:37 PM   #8
Al_Ciao
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 113
Current Game: SWTOR, Skyrim
Interesting. I thought Draay was Sion, too, but then, I haven't finished reading the KotOR comics series. The point about age is good too. Ah, well.

In the KotOR Campaign Guide for the Star Wars Saga Edition Role-Playing Game, it says something along the lines of Kreia showing a man an ancient Force technique for feeding off the Force within people and places. And when that man was at Malachor when that death happened, he fed off the death and pain and released Force of the whole planet, becoming Darth Nihilus. I've never seen his identity revealed though.

As for Bao-Dur saying, "Don't let my sacrifice be in vain," I assumed he meant the sacrifice of his remote! Because he was sending his remote to certain destruction by ordering it to reactivate the Mass Shadow Generator.

Moderator note [10-28-2011 05:11 PM]

Mod note - Unless you have something significant to add to this thread, don't resurrect an old thread with short posts. If you have a significant post to make fine, but if you find your posts disappearing it's because they have been deleted, re-posting something deemed not to contribute to the discussion multiple times will only result in warnings or infractions being issued. -- j7


Last edited by jonathan7; 10-28-2011 at 05:11 PM.
Al_Ciao is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > My Theories on Sion, Nihilus, Bandon, and Bao-Dur

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:16 AM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.