lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: [Debate] Starkiller alive?
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-16-2009, 12:40 AM   #1
Arannor
Junior Member
 
Arannor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 310
Current Game: SWTOR
[Debate] Starkiller alive?

I know some have been throwing in their ideas in other threads about how Starkiller could have survived, but I thought we should have a thread to actually debate the matter.

So what do you think? Was he actually still alive some how? Did he use some sort of ancient Force Power(essence transfer), or perhaps a new found power? What if Vader lied about him being dead, used the force to conceal his life through the force, and salvaged him once again?

I think Vader could have been masking Starkiller's life from the emperor so that he could try his hand again at claiming the Mantle of Dark Lord. Vader's quotes from the new game trailer maybe some what of a hint.

I'd like to also share that on wookiepedia there has been a small discussion that Starkiller is in fact dead, and the place we see him in in the trailer is the Netherworld.


NwŻl tash.
Dzwol sh‚sotkun.
Sh‚sotjontŻ ch‚tsatul nu tyŻk.
TyŻkjontŻ ch‚tsatul nu midwan.
MidwanjontŻ ch‚tsatul nu asha.
AshajontŻ kotswinot itsu nuyak.
Wonoksh Qy‚sik nun.
Arannor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-16-2009, 10:23 AM   #2
Maphisto86
Rookie
 
Maphisto86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada.
Posts: 153
Yeah I don't think Starkiller is dead. I mean what would the point be in setting a Star Wars game outside of the Star Wars universe? It's probable that the Emperor himself may have tried to revive and reshape Galen himself. Palpatine is obviously disappointed with Vader and knows that he is considering betraying him in the near future. Until Luke Skywalker is revealed to him, Palpatine's best chance of a successor as his apprentice lies in Galen "Starkiller" Marek.
Maphisto86 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-17-2009, 03:14 AM   #3
GeneralPloKoon
Just a Time Traveller
 
GeneralPloKoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 1,532
Current Game: Borderlands (PS3)
With his power, I imagine he used the force to keep him alive.
GeneralPloKoon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-17-2009, 06:12 PM   #4
Ztalker
Saving the world casually
 
Ztalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Normandy SR-2
Posts: 2,780
Forum Veteran 
And a netherworld definitely doesn't look like an Arena.
Also, it would be a sucky game if you know you're dead with no way of return. Bit of anti-climactic.

I think its either Vader like you said yourself.
However, it wouldn't explain why he's fighting in an (not Imperial controlled) Arena. Every Jedi would be shot on sight under Palpatine's or Vader's command. And since it's obviously a continuation of the LS ending, Marek IS a Jedi.

I hope it's set at 12 aby or something. With 14-15 years passed since the last one. Marek would be early 30's and Luke would be searching every corner of the galaxy for Jedi students after the 'second' death of Palpatine. Maybe Marek can help Luke before Luke starts training Corran Horn and Kyle Katarn? Marek can die/disappear before that and re-emerge in the Vong War for a TFU3.
How else can they entwine this into the already crowded EU from 20bby-0bby?

Ztalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-18-2009, 01:09 AM   #5
Arannor
Junior Member
 
Arannor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 310
Current Game: SWTOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztalker View Post
And a netherworld definitely doesn't look like an Arena.
Also, it would be a sucky game if you know you're dead with no way of return. Bit of anti-climactic.
Good Point

Quote:
I think its either Vader like you said yourself.
However, it wouldn't explain why he's fighting in an (not Imperial controlled) Arena. Every Jedi would be shot on sight under Palpatine's or Vader's command. And since it's obviously a continuation of the LS ending, Marek IS a Jedi.
It could be on a planet that the Empire would not bother going to. If you were Palpatine would you want a arena fighting Jedi dead, or would you leave him alone thinking that eventually his fate will come?

Quote:
I hope it's set at 12 aby or something. With 14-15 years passed since the last one. Marek would be early 30's and Luke would be searching every corner of the galaxy for Jedi students after the 'second' death of Palpatine. Maybe Marek can help Luke before Luke starts training Corran Horn and Kyle Katarn? Marek can die/disappear before that and re-emerge in the Vong War for a TFU3.
How else can they entwine this into the already crowded EU from 20bby-0bby?
It was already stated at the announcement that TFU2 will still be between Episodes 3 and 4.


NwŻl tash.
Dzwol sh‚sotkun.
Sh‚sotjontŻ ch‚tsatul nu tyŻk.
TyŻkjontŻ ch‚tsatul nu midwan.
MidwanjontŻ ch‚tsatul nu asha.
AshajontŻ kotswinot itsu nuyak.
Wonoksh Qy‚sik nun.
Arannor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-31-2009, 12:04 AM   #6
bliznez
Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 12
eeeer, i just thought- if we could have starkiller just quietly escape somewhere, from DS........
Would be AWESOME! like u know, the jedi Kota escaped to nar shadaa (And he was blind, lol)- and starkiller is Younger, AND we didnt notice any wounds on him- so why not?
bliznez is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-31-2009, 10:51 AM   #7
DarthSlinky
Rookie
 
DarthSlinky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 97
Current Game: Starcraft II
I am going with that its a clone, its got different injury's, no burn marks from being fried by palpatine. My dream would be he's a clone in say 30 aby or 40 aby or 130 aby. A legacy game would be fun.

Judging by his armor-suit its not imperial (it would have looked more gray-evil-communist) its not vader (would have looked more crude), its not the rebels (would have looked like 20 years old and have rebel inertia's all over it). So the big question is were is he?


Freude, schŲner GŲtterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden BrŁder, Wo dein sanfter FlŁgel weilt.
DarthSlinky is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-31-2009, 12:32 PM   #8
mstr kenobi
Rookie
 
mstr kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Posts: 165
i think it would be reeeeeally stupid for him to suddenly wake up and escape after vader and palps left,i would prefer some mystical explanation,which i have no idea at this point what it would be like,but something...

very vague i know lol
mstr kenobi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-31-2009, 12:37 PM   #9
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.
 
TKA-001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,535
Forum Veteran 
First off, the apprentice didn't survive the first game. He died. He died in the game, and he died in the novel. Palpatine killed him, causing him to die. After he died, he was dead as a direct result of being killed. The real question is how he is alive again.

I personally think that it should be a clone, because I think it's the most plausible in-universe explanation. I can't fathom a reason for Vader or Sidious bringing him back to life (even if they could), and they're the only people whom anyone would ever have any reason to believe could or would. However, I wouldn't put it past Sidious cloning him as some kind of experiment (since the clone wouldn't have any reason at first to disobey him) and having it go wrong somehow.


"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-31-2009, 03:41 PM   #10
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith
 
adamqd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,195
Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Sigged


adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-31-2009, 09:03 PM   #11
Shem
Master of the Force
 
Shem's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 2,908
Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSlinky View Post
I am going with that its a clone
I seriously doubt the clone theory that some are throwing out. Guess we'll find out soon enough if I'm right or not.

Besides, his mind is too complicated to be someone new. You have to grow him and such. He also has a memory of Juno when she asked if she would ever see him again on the Death Star. Those should be red flags right there that this is not a clone.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSlinky View Post
no burn marks from being fried by palpatine.
Starkiller had no marks when we see his dead body, so what makes you think there should be now?


Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2010, 10:58 AM   #12
Zwier Zak
Junior Member
 
Zwier Zak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Poland
Posts: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001 View Post
First off, the apprentice didn't survive the first game. He died. He died in the game, and he died in the novel. Palpatine killed him, causing him to die. After he died, he was dead as a direct result of being killed.
hehehe
Zwier Zak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2010, 02:58 PM   #13
LordOfTheFish
Senior Member
 
LordOfTheFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 2,724
Current Game: Tomb Raider
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001 View Post
First off, the apprentice didn't survive the first game. He died. He died in the game, and he died in the novel. Palpatine killed him, causing him to die. After he died, he was dead as a direct result of being killed. The real question is how he is alive again.

I personally think that it should be a clone, because I think it's the most plausible in-universe explanation. I can't fathom a reason for Vader or Sidious bringing him back to life (even if they could), and they're the only people whom anyone would ever have any reason to believe could or would. However, I wouldn't put it past Sidious cloning him as some kind of experiment (since the clone wouldn't have any reason at first to disobey him) and having it go wrong somehow.

LordOfTheFish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2010, 04:56 PM   #14
RebornWookiee
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 50
Question so confused

I have been thinking about this ever since i saw the trailer how the heck are they going to do this? He died. I mean dont get me wrong TFU 2 heck yeah! But how??????????? I seriously am really looking forward to how they're going to play this out.
RebornWookiee is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-02-2010, 03:09 AM   #15
Shem
Master of the Force
 
Shem's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 2,908
Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebornWookiee View Post
I have been thinking about this ever since i saw the trailer how the heck are they going to do this? He died. I mean dont get me wrong TFU 2 heck yeah! But how??????????? I seriously am really looking forward to how they're going to play this out.
It's simple. They retract the fact that he died. It now becomes an assumption made by both Vader and Sidious or something. The query is how it will play out, but we'll find out before the year is finished.


Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-02-2010, 10:20 AM   #16
mstr kenobi
Rookie
 
mstr kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Posts: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001 View Post
I personally think that it should be a clone, because I think it's the most plausible in-universe explanation. I can't fathom a reason for Vader or Sidious bringing him back to life (even if they could), and they're the only people whom anyone would ever have any reason to believe could or would. However, I wouldn't put it past Sidious cloning him as some kind of experiment (since the clone wouldn't have any reason at first to disobey him) and having it go wrong somehow.
Will they do "a spiderman" though?

The clone isn't really a clone but instead he is the real thing,the one that passed on the deathstar was the clone...

Probably not(i hope so at least),given the bashing spiderman took for it.
mstr kenobi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-02-2010, 11:21 AM   #17
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.
 
TKA-001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,535
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
The clone isn't really a clone but instead he is the real thing,the one that passed on the deathstar was the clone...
How could that possibly make any sense?


"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-02-2010, 02:49 PM   #18
mstr kenobi
Rookie
 
mstr kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Posts: 165
it doesn't

just like clone saga spiderman...
mstr kenobi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-02-2010, 04:13 PM   #19
Zerimar Nyliram
Senior Member
 
Zerimar Nyliram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Pittsburgh, PA USA
Posts: 1,450
Forum Veteran 
Star Wars has been cloned to death, and I've had quite enough of it already. And it didn't start with the prequels; the Expanded Universe has been doing the evil clone thing for years, from Dark Empire to the Thrawn trilogy.

The point being: Enough damn clones! It's been done to death!


Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-02-2010, 05:51 PM   #20
RebornWookiee
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 50
I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shem View Post
It's simple. They retract the fact that he died. It now becomes an assumption made by both Vader and Sidious or something. The query is how it will play out, but we'll find out before the year is finished.
Yeah i definitely agree with you on that. That's the only thing that's driving me crazy is how they're going to play it out but i guess well have to wait and see.
RebornWookiee is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-02-2010, 10:15 PM   #21
Shem
Master of the Force
 
Shem's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 2,908
Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerimar Nyliram View Post
The point being: Enough damn clones! It's been done to death!
I'm in total agreement there and I strongly believe they're not even going to touch that as it will turn off many of the game's fans.

It's like I said, the thoughts in Starkiller's head in the trailer are way too complicated for him to be a new person, cloned in the image of Starkiller. Then the fact that he remembers Juno and her query about seeing each other again should have been enough of a hint for others out there to stay away from it. That was one of the last things Juno says to him.

The thing people should be wondering IMO is how Yoda could possibly play a role in this. It's hard to believe that they just threw in Yoda's voice talking to Starkiller just for spite. Then think about how Yoda's teachings and Vader's statements are conflicting Starkiller's mind. Well, maybe not in this thread since this is about Starkiller being alive, but still...


Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2010, 03:42 AM   #22
RebornWookiee
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 50
:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shem View Post
I'm in total agreement there and I strongly believe they're not even going to touch that as it will turn off many of the game's fans.

It's like I said, the thoughts in Starkiller's head in the trailer are way too complicated for him to be a new person, cloned in the image of Starkiller. Then the fact that he remembers Juno and her query about seeing each other again should have been enough of a hint for others out there to stay away from it. That was one of the last things Juno says to him.

The thing people should be wondering IMO is how Yoda could possibly play a role in this. It's hard to believe that they just threw in Yoda's voice talking to Starkiller just for spite. Then think about how Yoda's teachings and Vader's statements are conflicting Starkiller's mind. Well, maybe not in this thread since this is about Starkiller being alive, but still...
Dude you are on it i am 100 percent with you on that. You should start a new thread and talk about this but then again i guess thats what i was trying to do with mine to when i put interpreting the trailer and storyline. EVERYBODY OVER TO MY THREAD NOW! lol. Shem im gonna talk to you more you know what you're talking about
RebornWookiee is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2010, 11:14 AM   #23
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.
 
TKA-001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,535
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerimar Nyliram View Post
The point being: Enough damn clones! It's been done to death!
It's still better than him coming back to life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shem
It's like I said, the thoughts in Starkiller's head in the trailer are way too complicated for him to be a new person, cloned in the image of Starkiller. Then the fact that he remembers Juno and her query about seeing each other again should have been enough of a hint for others out there to stay away from it.
Nonsense; the clone option is just as plausible. All they'd have to do is throw in some mention about "residual genetic memories" (which have been demonstrated before in Star Wars), and that'd be that.

Still, I wouldn't be surprised if they went with the resurrection option. After all, LucasArts specializes in bogus ideas; a few concepts that were proposed for TFU 1 included the player being sent by Vader to look for Darth Plagueis in order to help him bring Padme back to life, having the player be instructed by Qui-Gon Jinn's ghost, and the secret apprentice being none other than Plagueis himself. Compared to those things, the apprentice just coming back to life is grounded very firmly in terms of plausibility.


"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia

Last edited by TKA-001; 01-03-2010 at 12:22 PM.
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2010, 12:17 PM   #24
Zerimar Nyliram
Senior Member
 
Zerimar Nyliram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Pittsburgh, PA USA
Posts: 1,450
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001 View Post
It's still better than him coming back to life.
No, it isn't. Seriously.


Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2010, 01:19 PM   #25
LordOfTheFish
Senior Member
 
LordOfTheFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 2,724
Current Game: Tomb Raider
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerimar Nyliram View Post
No, it isn't. Seriously.
Yeah, I agree. I wouldn't mind seeing Starkiller alive, honestly. I thought his character/personality was quite intriguing.

LordOfTheFish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2010, 02:46 PM   #26
RebornWookiee
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 50
No more clones plz

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfTheFish View Post
Yeah, I agree. I wouldn't mind seeing Starkiller alive, honestly. I thought his character/personality was quite intriguing.
I second that. The clone idea is stupid, no offense, and i definitely agree that i wouldn't mind seeing starkiller back it wouldnt be the same without him he was a very intriguing and interesting character.
RebornWookiee is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2010, 02:59 PM   #27
Marius Fett
Frigged if I know!
 
Marius Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Wales
Posts: 3,379
I've been thinking it could be something to do with the Jedi Masters he killed in t he game. Maybe as he lays dying on the floor after Palpatine fried him they spoke to him in a vision and told him how to come back or something like that?

Yeah that probably sounds a bit daft, but anything's better than clones. >_<




Visit the new JediKnight.net!
Marius Fett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2010, 03:02 PM   #28
setlec
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 88
i think that maybe Proxy having access to the imperial computing network has "hacked" into the IMP network and used a medical drone as the one that Vader used to rescue Malek just before resurrecting him. So i a way this is very plausible that Malek was rescued by his robot after Vader and Palpatine disposed his corpse as a garbage. That would make sense.
setlec is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2010, 03:06 PM   #29
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.
 
TKA-001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,535
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerimar Nyliram View Post
No, it isn't. Seriously.
If they wanted him alive for a sequel, then they shouldn't have killed him in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebornWookiee View Post
I second that. The clone idea is stupid, no offense, and i definitely agree that i wouldn't mind seeing starkiller back it wouldnt be the same without him he was a very intriguing and interesting character.
I agree that cloning him is stupid, but I maintain that it is the least stupid (because it doesn't make the first game's ending a total copout) and most plausible (because every element of it has been done before in the canon) option.


"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2010, 03:23 PM   #30
Shem
Master of the Force
 
Shem's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 2,908
Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001 View Post
Nonsense; the clone option is just as plausible. All they'd have to do is throw in some mention about "residual genetic memories" (which have been demonstrated before in Star Wars), and that'd be that.
You just complicated the story. You now have to explain how it came about. I mean you are seriously going with the idea that cloning Starkiller was planned because they knew what would happen with him, even though the Emperor looked at him as Vader's future replacement.

Then you have to grow him and train him pretty early on. I mean finding another person to do that would be easier than cloning someone to try to be like someone. To program memories.

You're also talking that Palpatine didn't have plans to use him as his future apprentice which was revealed he did.

Then not only did you start this clone off early when Starkiller was a young kid, you grow him, train him, program him with memories; you then send him off to wonder the galaxy wondering what he should be doing with this complicated thoughts. What is the point of that?

Oh, and if you're still going with the programmed memories, how did they get Juno's quotes since they weren't there for that? Especially one we heard her say to Starkiller right before he leaped into the Death Star. Are you still seriously suggesting that? Because if you are, you're going to really have to complicate the story more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001 View Post
but I maintain that it is the least stupid (because it doesn't make the first game's ending a total copout) and most plausible
Still think it's the most plausible now?


Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2010, 04:04 PM   #31
Arannor
Junior Member
 
Arannor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 310
Current Game: SWTOR
I just thought of another theory, what if Proxy was repaired before Marek went to the Death Star and Proxy went in place of Marek? After all Proxy was trained to use lightsabers, all though he could not use force powers. But in the end it could have been Proxy that was portrayed as Marek dying!


NwŻl tash.
Dzwol sh‚sotkun.
Sh‚sotjontŻ ch‚tsatul nu tyŻk.
TyŻkjontŻ ch‚tsatul nu midwan.
MidwanjontŻ ch‚tsatul nu asha.
AshajontŻ kotswinot itsu nuyak.
Wonoksh Qy‚sik nun.
Arannor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2010, 04:08 PM   #32
RebornWookiee
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shem View Post
You just complicated the story. You now have to explain how it came about. I mean you are seriously going with the idea that cloning Starkiller was planned because they knew what would happen with him, even though the Emperor looked at him as Vader's future replacement.

Then you have to grow him and train him pretty early on. I mean finding another person to do that would be easier than cloning someone to try to be like someone. To program memories.

You're also talking that Palpatine didn't have plans to use him as his future apprentice which was revealed he did.

Then not only did you start this clone off early when Starkiller was a young kid, you grow him, train him, program him with memories; you then send him off to wonder the galaxy wondering what he should be doing with this complicated thoughts. What is the point of that?

Oh, and if you're still going with the programmed memories, how did they get Juno's quotes since they weren't there for that? Especially one we heard her say to Starkiller right before he leaped into the Death Star. Are you still seriously suggesting that? Because if you are, you're going to really have to complicate the story more.

Still think it's the most plausible now?
BURN!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHA ok im sorry guys i just had to say it. Im starting a new thread so we can talk about how yoda will be in the game that will be more interesting to talk about.
RebornWookiee is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2010, 04:44 PM   #33
Shem
Master of the Force
 
Shem's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 2,908
Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed Jedi View Post
I just thought of another theory, what if Proxy was repaired before Marek went to the Death Star and Proxy went in place of Marek? After all Proxy was trained to use lightsabers, all though he could not use force powers. But in the end it could have been Proxy that was portrayed as Marek dying!
Then that was a very quick repair. Besides you're actually going to go with that Proxy kissed Juno instead of Starkiller? What would be the point of that because Juno would obviously be in on it.


Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2010, 07:13 PM   #34
Zerimar Nyliram
Senior Member
 
Zerimar Nyliram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Pittsburgh, PA USA
Posts: 1,450
Forum Veteran 
And that it was PROXY's spirit that floated up into space postmortem in the novel?


Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2010, 12:18 AM   #35
Arannor
Junior Member
 
Arannor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 310
Current Game: SWTOR
I'm not thinking, lol!
Arannor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2010, 12:07 PM   #36
SITHWARRIOR101
Lurker
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001 View Post
How could that possibly make any sense?
It actually makes alot of sense, starkiller posssibly knew he was going to be killed so he went to kamino to make a clone of himself, the clone died on the death star, problem solved so starkiller could go into hiding or whatever.
SITHWARRIOR101 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2010, 02:22 PM   #37
Zerimar Nyliram
Senior Member
 
Zerimar Nyliram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Pittsburgh, PA USA
Posts: 1,450
Forum Veteran 
God, please stop the clone talk. This isn't Power Rangers.


Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2010, 03:53 PM   #38
Alexrd
Senior Member
 
Alexrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 2,172
Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SITHWARRIOR101 View Post
It actually makes alot of sense, starkiller posssibly knew he was going to be killed so he went to kamino to make a clone of himself, the clone died on the death star, problem solved so starkiller could go into hiding or whatever.


I really hope you're joking...
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2010, 04:39 PM   #39
mstr kenobi
Rookie
 
mstr kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Posts: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerimar Nyliram View Post
God, please stop the clone talk. This isn't Power Rangers.
And you have never heard of clones in star wars
mstr kenobi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2010, 04:48 PM   #40
Harkonnen07
Rookie
 
Harkonnen07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 83
Current Game: Sam Witwer: The Game
Wasn't he brought back to life once already though, Darth brought him back after his "betrayal."

Why is it so hard to assume it happens again?


Harkonnen07 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Force Unleashed > General > The Force Unleashed 2 > [Debate] Starkiller alive?

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:33 PM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.