lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Wierd Graphics Issue
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-16-2010, 10:46 AM   #1
Koiju

Wierd Graphics Issue

OK, only recently got my hands on a copy of JKA, multiplayer works fine and everything, but single player has an issue

SP loads up fine, but when i start a new game, the movie intro cutscene on the ship has no character models, the camera just moves around a deserted ship with voices comming from nowhere, lol (I assume thats not normal)

then once the game starts, there are no models in the first level, I can hear disembodied voices again, but cant see my character, or any others. The cross hair doesnt move with the screen either, i can move my view around, but the cross hair stays in its original position (ie it doesnt stay in the centre of the screen like its sposed to, its like its part of the scenery) movement is... odd, and... gooy (only way i can describe it, lol)

There are no 'trees' for my to 'cut down with my lightsabre to make into a bridge' in fact there isnt even a lightsabre, lol, since im not there either.
as i follow the stream i hear the sound of some creature, but again, no model, nothings there, and then i reach 'the edge of the map' lol, through a small opening in a wall is just the sky, the land just ends, lol.

I'll try and attach some screenies:

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=PqLpu10

http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aVw4lyA

Oh, btw, Im using XP pro, and the 1.01 patch

computer has an AMD Athlon x2 245, 4 GB RAM, and an ATI Radeon HD 4800 series

Last edited by Koiju; 03-16-2010 at 11:08 AM.
Koiju is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-16-2010, 07:15 PM   #2
Koiju

NM, I found the solution on another forum, seems my NO CD crack was doing it, shame cos i don't want to risk getting my CD's scratched and don't like swapping CD's around between games, but using the CD's to play fixed the problem and its running fine now.
Koiju is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-17-2010, 01:29 AM   #3
acdcfanbill
..the wonders I have seen

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Just rip your CD to an iso and mount the image on a virtual drive. That will allow you to save your CD while avoiding the dreaded NO CD crack. Also, talk of cracks is not allowed here, for future information.

acdcfanbill is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Help Center > Technical Help > Wierd Graphics Issue