lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Anyone try the new JKE? (Jedi Knight Enhanced)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-19-2007, 11:41 AM   #41
hhunter6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhunter6
yeah i got help from the hub, however some textures weren't clear as they are in JK. not a big deal or anything but its still nice to see the ones that are updated.

ok somthing weird happened while i was playing MOTS last night. has this happened to anyone else? i got through the levels with kyle, and when i switched to mara, all the weapons models except the bowcaster were the originals. the people, droids, enimies, pickups were all replaced except the weapons. not sure what that means.
hhunter6 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-23-2007, 11:07 AM   #42
JKLE_Cougar

yes this is a known bug... possibly since it isnt made for MotS

but the reason is cuase the models have chaged to the mara hands not the kyle hands and the models changed the kyle hands only not mara hands.

JKLE one of the last active JK and MotS clans out there jkle.jkdf2.net
Legends return one last time
JKLE_Cougar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-26-2007, 08:27 AM   #43
hhunter6
Rookie

well that sucks. is there anyway around this? maybe this could be something to help convice Shred to redo the models for MOTS. hmmmm maybe, that would be nice though
Old 11-26-2007, 08:11 PM   #44
JKLE_Cougar

there is a way to change it so that you name Mara's hands to Kyle's hands but involves editing the game

maybe someone will come along and edit it so that they finish the models for MotS and then we could have a MotS-E lol

Old 11-27-2007, 08:27 AM   #45
hhunter6
Rookie

that would be a grad dream come true, lol. has any of your models come out looking different when you play as kyle with the mots? i posted on the hub about it. but was wondering if maybe you had run into the same thing. but maybe we can convince shred or someone to finish doing the models in MOTS. i think that, and with the new saber mod that is out it will be pretty sweet.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:30 PM   #46
JKLE_Cougar

you need the MotS unoffical Patch to fix that its posted with the JK unoffical Patch

it fixes the texture limit

Old 11-28-2007, 10:41 AM   #47
hhunter6
Rookie

no i tried that and it didn't work. its only on a few models. the rail det, e-11 blaster rifle, and the atst are the only models that come out looking weird. maybe i'll try it again and see whats up. we'll see what happens though
Old 11-28-2007, 10:33 PM   #48
JKLE_Cougar

yes try again cause that sounds like the unoffical patch was installed incorrectly

Old 11-29-2007, 08:15 AM   #49
hhunter6
Rookie

Got it to work!!! i guess it was the patch, which makes sense now since they released the new patch for MOTS. i feel kinda better now....HOWEVER, i still think someone needs to replace the models. if i were good at doing stuff like that i would gladly try it but i'm not so i guess i need to resort to begging. lol
Old 11-30-2007, 03:08 PM   #50
JKLE_Cougar

lol maybe someone will listen to you who knows!

Old 03-20-2008, 07:55 PM   #51
StarWarsGooN

Question DroidWorks Enhanced / Accelerated ?

How about any chance of ever seeing DroidWorks become ' enhanced ' or accelerated for that matter?

Of all the JK editing forums I've ever browsed and perused, nobody's even touched this topic - or game probably - heh. It used the same type of .gob files so what gives?

Just look @ my Join Date for these LucasForums and behold the proof that I'm a revered veteran of here!
StarWarsGooN is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-21-2008, 12:00 AM   #52
JKLE_Cougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarWarsGooN
How about any chance of ever seeing DroidWorks become ' enhanced ' or accelerated for that matter?

Of all the JK editing forums I've ever browsed and perused, nobody's even touched this topic - or game probably - heh. It used the same type of .gob files so what gives?
heh good question.... the guy who did JKE is done with editing JK.... this was his last thing cause he wants to move on to newer games i belive

hell he didnt even do it for MotS.... so All I can say is learn how to do it and give it a shot yourself

Old 05-27-2010, 11:09 PM   #53
Darth Flesh
Lurker

OK, why is my XP giving me "JK.EXE is not a valid win32 application"

Dam thing was working moments before the unofficial patch...and then the enhance pack!
Darth Flesh is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2010, 11:32 PM   #54
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Did you try compatibility mode? JK was originally designed for Windows 95 (but it works in 98SE and 2000 just fine for me).

JK Enhanced with the unofficial patch provided on the same network (jkhub.net) works for me. Of course I don't have XP, so I can't verify, but others have gotten it to work.

Anyway, try that first.

That reminds me, I need to try out that pack of addons somebody made to make some of the JKE objects more like the classic looks... the Bacta tanks with the "clip" on the side, the "clamp" over the stack of Mines, and the big medical cross symbol on the big health pack.

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-28-2010, 12:13 PM   #55
Darth Flesh
Lurker

Nope. dam compatibility wizzard doesn't matter what I ask it.

Doesn't matter if is from CD or from JK.EXE

dam dam dam dam dam.
Frikkin thing was working 2 days ago!

Maybe I need to uninstall, try the unofficial patch first, see if that worx, then try the xpansion

What I would LOVE, is a total campaign in Outcast that was the entire 2 CD set of JK.
And then Mots on top of it.

JK had a feel to the levels that outcast doesn't have - outcast looks better, but for some reason...feels more fake.
Darth Flesh is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-29-2010, 06:02 PM   #56
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
I suppose it won't matter if you use the JK_.cd file or not?

I presume this is the real retail game and not some copy or hacked exe...

You might try installing DaemonTools and mounting the image. Though if it's not recognizing it as a valid win32 application that sounds like a more specific software error. If you can't find the answer by searching our forums, I'd suggest contacting LucasArts about it (see their technical support pages). They will support this game, since they're still selling it.

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Knight / MotS > Anyone try the new JKE? (Jedi Knight Enhanced)