lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Dak's WIPs
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-10-2010, 11:43 AM   #41
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Current Game: DS3, Alien: Colonial Marines
If you have a screenie of the one you can't get quite right, we might be able to make suggestions on how to fix it.

http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/newblack/pederskomsvold.jpg
Formerly known as: Danyael27
My mods at KotorFiles: K1 Robe Stat Boost, TSL Jedi Robe Stat Boost, Jedi Fight Training.
Quando omni flunkus moritati - the motto of the Possum Lodge, Pseudo-Latin for 'when all else fails, play dead.'

SW: Invasion 05,P16 -(Spraug: Seriously? A Wookie with a lightsaber? Thats just overkill.
Darth Payne is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-10-2010, 03:34 PM   #42
LDR
Your Death Angel

Current Game: Halo 3
Helpful! Roleplayer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Yep. And adding them to the Dxun cache isn't a good idea. They were made by Mandalorian Architects and held Mandalorian stuff. But, it would be a good idea to have the items near the crashed Republic Ship in the first Dxun module.

Forgive, but never forget. No amount of DLC can take back lying to your fan base. Trust is earned, not downloaded.

My Mods
Current Mod Thread

Last edited by LDR; 01-29-2011 at 12:50 PM.
LDR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-10-2010, 03:37 PM   #43
Holty1-5

Current Game: Final Fantasy 13
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDeathRay View Post
Yep. And adding them to the Dxun cache isn't a good idea. They were made my Mandalorian Architects and held Mandalorian stuff.
I May be Mistaken (Been Awhile Since I Played TSL) But I Believe there is some Reference to them saying that the put there Valuble Items in there During the Mandalorian Wars to keep the Republic from Getting them. Ofcourse if They Thought the Republic Jedi Armor Thingy's were Valuble they would put them there

*Deep Breathe*

Holty1-5 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-10-2010, 03:39 PM   #44
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Quote:
But, it would be a good idea to have the items near the crashed Republic Ship in the first Dxun module.
True enough.

Btw, don't we pick up a green saber crystal from a corpse on Dxun? Would it be possible to add one of the robes there?

That way you have to actually fight a little to get it.

My mods at KotorFiles: K1 Robe Stat Boost, TSL Jedi Robe Stat Boost, Jedi Fight Training.
Quando omni flunkus moritati - the motto of the Possum Lodge, Pseudo-Latin for 'when all else fails, play dead.'

SW: Invasion 05,P16 -(Spraug: Seriously? A Wookie with a lightsaber? Thats just overkill.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:41 PM   #45
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
Quote:
But, it would be a good idea to have the items near the crashed Republic Ship in the first Dxun module.
Ah, good idea. I think there's a corpse around there somewhere I can put the stuff on. My other backup idea would have been the Onderon Museum, but I like that idea better, LDR.

Here's the one I'm having troubles with. I like the colors I have going on, but I just don't feel like it looks right. I think it's decent though.
Show spoiler

And here are the others I finished. I re-did the General robe because the UVmapping was messed up.
Show spoiler

Edit: Good idea Darth Payne. I guess I'll spread them out over Dxun or something. Just need to figure out how

Dak Drexl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-10-2010, 03:46 PM   #46
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Just noticed that i can actually see that the square with the medal/ribon looks slightly different to the rest of the robes.

Its kinda obvious once you notice it.

As for the problematic one, the black pouch looks slightly out of place.

Old 06-10-2010, 03:50 PM   #47
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Payne View Post
As for the problematic one, the black pouch looks slightly out of place.
You'd be right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Payne View Post
Just noticed that i can actually see that the square with the medal/ribon looks slightly different to the rest of the robes.
Its kinda obvious once you notice it.
Do you mean the little patch where the medals and stuff are? Yeah it looks kinda strange by default because it has it's own part of the UVmap. I'll try my best to fix it but I dunno how close I can come to making it look "right".

Old 06-10-2010, 04:48 PM   #48
Trench
Guy with Monocle

Current Game: DX:HR, iKotOR
LF Jester 
These look great Dak. My only suggestion would be to change the color of the robe to match the colored stripe down the middle of the armor. It might bring them together a little more.
Top notch work mate.

Trench is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-10-2010, 04:58 PM   #49
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jai'galaar Bralor View Post
These look great Dak. My only suggestion would be to change the color of the robe to match the colored stripe down the middle of the armor. It might bring them together a little more.
Top notch work mate.
Thank you! I've actually tried that with the red and it looked a bit strange, but I think it would look good with the blues/whites of the other two. I'll try it and if it looks good add them as additional items instead of overwriting what I have because I like the brown

Old 06-10-2010, 05:07 PM   #50
LDR
Your Death Angel

Helpful! Roleplayer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dak Drexl
Good idea Darth Payne. I guess I'll spread them out over Dxun or something. Just need to figure out how
If you do, rename the corpses to be like, 'Republic Soldier Corpse' , or 'Jedi Knight Corpse' or something. Also, Because there are Jedi General robes, and since the exile was a Jedi General, can't you put the Jedi General robes into her footlocker on the Harbinger? I mean, she had to come on the Harbinger with robes or something.

Forgive, but never forget. No amount of DLC can take back lying to your fan base. Trust is earned, not downloaded.

My Mods
Current Mod Thread
Old 06-10-2010, 09:32 PM   #51
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
All good ideas, but I won't add it onto the Harbinger because a lot of people, myself included, skip Peragus.

What do you guys think of these stats:

Armored Republic Robes:
Defense Bonus 7
Strength +2
Dexterity +1

Jedi General Robes:
Defense Bonus 5
Charisma +2
Wisdom +1

I wanted to make them "good" items, but by no means overpowered. Opinions?

Edit: Used Jag Bralor's idea and I fixed up my other robe. This will be the skin for that robe now.
Show spoiler

Last edited by Dak Drexl; 06-10-2010 at 09:49 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:33 PM   #52
redrob41
Veteran

Current Game: just modding TSL
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dak Drexl View Post
Do you mean the little patch where the medals and stuff are? Yeah it looks kinda strange by default because it has it's own part of the UVmap. I'll try my best to fix it but I dunno how close I can come to making it look "right".
What I'd do (in Photoshop), is carefully cut out the medals and put them on a separate layer. Then I'd copy the clean portion of the jacket and move it to a layer behind the medals. That way, the colour will always match on both halves. If it doesn't quite look right after doing that, it may need a little bit of shadow cast from the medals onto the jacket (I always keep it on a different layer, or use the "drop shadow" blending mode).

- Major character artist for the Revenge of Revan mod. -
- List of Completed Mods - Work in Progress Thread - Skinning Tutorial -
redrob41 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-11-2010, 12:42 AM   #53
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Ya know, that blue-ish robe kinda fits(even with the tan areas) as there where blue robes in K1.

Perhaps this is the Battle version of that one?

There is a yellow-ish area near the collar that seems out of place though, could you make that match the tan areas of the robe?

Old 06-11-2010, 10:25 AM   #54
Canderis
Mercenary

Current Game: Skyrim
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Change the pants to blue

Canderis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-11-2010, 02:16 PM   #55
.:Lord Revan:.

Current Game: MW3
I am likeing it all
.:Lord Revan:. is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-11-2010, 08:43 PM   #56
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
Here are the item's icons and stuff. I am also getting help from GeorgNihilus to place the items on various corpses around Dxun and then we're done!

Show spoiler

Old 06-11-2010, 08:46 PM   #57
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Wow, those icons look nice.

Old 06-11-2010, 09:25 PM   #58
LDR
Your Death Angel

Nice icons. Can't wait to see the rest.

My Mods
Current Mod Thread
Old 06-12-2010, 07:25 PM   #59
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
Thanks everyone! As the robes mod is coming to a close, I might have a new project. In the modding requests section there was a duros head that could wear normal clothes. I achieved this, but only a little. Here's what I said on that thread:

Quote:
I successfully attached the Duros head to the body. Body has all working animations and can wear all clothes and armors, but the head is stationary. I know this would be a major problem for a party member, but as a PC head this would not bother me at all. Opinions?
So, opinions?

Oh, and by stationary I do not mean 100% does not move. The neck is attached and moves around fine during running and combat and the like, but it lacks the typical "looking around" animations that we are used to our PC heads doing.

Edit: Here's a picture
Show spoiler

Last edited by Dak Drexl; 06-12-2010 at 07:42 PM.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:10 PM   #60
redrob41
Veteran

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Oh, and by stationary I do not mean 100% does not move. The neck is attached and moves around fine during running and combat and the like, but it lacks the typical "looking around" animations that we are used to our PC heads doing.
have you tried hex editing, like Miro42's tutorial? I doubt that it would be exactly the same process; it might be more along the lines of copying from an original playable head. Of course, I can't be sure it would work, and I'm not on my own computer so I can't check it out myself.

Old 06-12-2010, 09:16 PM   #61
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
Wow, I check one minute after a response... Looks like I'm on here all hours of the day, doesn't it?
I thought of that and I have no idea how to hex edit but I guess that's what the tutorial is for right? I'll surely give that a try sometime soon. The strange thing is that another method I tried brought over animations but the head floated around a LOT during combat. Im afraid this is because of the animations, but I don't think that's the case. I'll post back the result once I try.

Old 06-14-2010, 01:11 PM   #62
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
Actually I'm trying to get everything animated but I'm not sure if I can get it to work. If you're like me and don't care because it's a PC head though I can get it to you, since you requested it. Even if I can't figure it out though I'm going to put together a couple more alien heads and release a "beta" pack. I guess the tradeoff as of now would be wearable clothing versus animations.

Old 06-14-2010, 01:29 PM   #63
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Show spoiler

Great work Dak, any change of releasing the above model?

I only ask, as I was trying to create the Jedi Armour as seen in The Old Republic trailer, but I was never happy with my experiments with the bottom parts of the robes...

Show spoiler

Should you be interested, here was the template I created for the armour;

Show spoiler

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2010, 07:10 PM   #64
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
Quote:
Great work Dak, any change of releasing the above model?
Wow thanks j7. Yes I should be releasing the model you mentioned and the other "jedi general" model shortly. I just have to re-make the republic armor one because I noticed that there was a very bad clipping issue while in combat. But like I said it should be out soon

Quote:
I only ask, as I was trying to create the Jedi Armour as seen in The Old Republic trailer, but I was never happy with my experiments with the bottom parts of the robes...

Show spoiler

Should you be interested, here was the template I created for the armour;

Show spoiler
Yeah I'd definitely be interested in trying that out. I'll shoot you a PM.

Last edited by Dak Drexl; 06-15-2010 at 01:47 PM.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:43 PM   #65
Yameha
Lurker

thats fine if you wanna release a beta pack than ill just grab that when it comes out!! Thanks again mate
Yameha is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-17-2010, 12:39 PM   #66
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Well, here's a little something somewhat related to this that I'm cooking up with Dak...

Show spoiler

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
Old 06-17-2010, 03:53 PM   #67
Trench
Guy with Monocle

Current Game: DX:HR, iKotOR
LF Jester 
Looks great j7. Can't wait to see what you come up with. Will you be using any of the metallic EnvironMaps on it?

Trench is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-17-2010, 05:34 PM   #68
Rinku
kad'la tracinya be abiik

Current Game: SWBF, Pokemon SS
O_o So nice J7, can't wait to see more stuff you guys come up with.

Rinku is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-17-2010, 06:10 PM   #69
newbiemodder
Gentleman Modder

Veteran Modder 
looks great J7....I like the weaved texture on the robe

Who's more foolish, the fool or the fool that follows?

Just exactly what is a head-piece to the Staff of Ra?

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=206819

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=206541

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...t=newbiemodder
newbiemodder is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-17-2010, 06:43 PM   #70
LDR
Your Death Angel

Looks great, J7. I can't wait to see what you will come up with next.

My Mods
Current Mod Thread
Old 06-17-2010, 07:56 PM   #71
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jai'galaar Bralor View Post
Looks great j7. Can't wait to see what you come up with. Will you be using any of the metallic EnvironMaps on it?
Oops! I've been meaning to try this but I guess I keep forgetting. That skin would indeed look top-notch if you could use the baremetal shader a bit. It should work.

Old 06-17-2010, 08:22 PM   #72
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Quote:
Oops! I've been meaning to try this but I guess I keep forgetting. That skin would indeed look top-notch if you could use the baremetal shader a bit. It should work.
I think I've finished... So you could have a play with the below if you want, I'm personally not a massive fan of the bare-metal shader myself, partly as I don't think this particular armour would be shiny... However I can email you the skin if you want to have a play? Your also welcome to stick the skin in your pack if you want...

Show spoiler

Old 06-17-2010, 09:59 PM   #73
redrob41
Veteran

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
If you were to use a bare metal shader, it should be very sparingly. This armour looks more like it has been painted with matte green, and that's a good thing. Personally, I'd rather put some CM_Bright on the orange bits, since they look like they should be glowing lights.

Excellent texture work, I really get a sense of how tactile it would be. You might want to increase the contrast of the green kneepads and thigh plates, since they're looking a bit flat and undefined.

Old 06-17-2010, 11:24 PM   #74
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
Well thanks to j7 we now have another armor to include. Everything has been made and the mod is finished. Also thanks to GeorgNihilus you won't have to cheat to get the items either; they'll all be found in-game.

The mod is pending at Kfiles and I'll post a thread at TUCE when it's up.
BTW, j7's skin is called "Jedi Weapon Master Armor" and looks great in-game

Last edited by Dak Drexl; 06-18-2010 at 08:49 PM.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:53 PM   #75
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
Another mod I finished. I realized I forgot to include portraits but once it's up I'll post a link or something...

Show spoiler

I just went with the Duro because I found that each of the aliens are very, very different to work with for some reason. I'm making it my priority to figure others out even if they are un-animated, which doesn't bother me, and you mod for yourself right?

Edit: On another note, never realized they had a piano on the Endar Spire...

Last edited by Dak Drexl; 06-18-2010 at 09:14 PM.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:22 PM   #76
LDR
Your Death Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dak Drexl
On another note, never realized they had a piano on the Endar Spire...
Piano? Where? I have to see it! Also, nice work.

My Mods
Current Mod Thread
Old 06-18-2010, 09:36 PM   #77
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
Quote:
Piano? Where? I have to see it!
Lol, check the last screen, in the corner...

Old 06-18-2010, 10:16 PM   #78
LDR
Your Death Angel

I can't believe I couldn't see that! Maybe I'm not very observative, or something.

My Mods
Current Mod Thread
Old 06-19-2010, 01:08 AM   #79
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Wow, i might give that Duros mod a go.

Looks great, does it have DS skins?

Old 06-19-2010, 01:23 AM   #80
Doctor-Hal
Rookie

Looks brilliant! Keep up the great work; I'll definitely be downloading once it's finished.

"When the doctors cut into a patient-and it's cold, you know, the way it is now; today - steam rises from the body. And the doctor will... will warm himself over the open wound. Could anyone look on that and not feel changed?"
- M*A*S*H
Doctor-Hal is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Dak's WIPs