lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Is a perfect game possible in JK?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-22-2009, 11:09 AM   #1
Cobra SA
Rookie

Is a perfect game possible in JK?

I played and ended dark forces without loosing a single point of shield or health, that's what I call perfect game.

Right now, I play JK (dark forces 2) in normal difficulty mode with same ambition. I am at the beginning of level 10, and I didn't loose a single point of shield/health so far (except if mandatory to access a secret area).

But level 10 seems pretty hard to me, I'm starting to wonder if it is even possible to end it without loosing shiel/health. What is your opinions good Sirs?

QuadCore Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (OC 3.4 GHz)
ATI Radeon HD4870 X2 (2Go)
Corsair Dominator CM2X2048-8500C5D 4 Go DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRA
Windows 7 Pro x64
Cobra SA is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-22-2009, 04:23 PM   #2
acdcfanbill
..the wonders I have seen

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
it's probably possible w/o tool assist, but it seems like it would take a lot of time to me...

acdcfanbill is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2009, 10:24 AM   #3
Cobra SA
Rookie

there are 2 places in level 10 where it appears loosing health is unavoidable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2j8Eysz5Pk

at 4:34 and at 4:50

do you know a way to not loose health in these two places please?

TIA

QuadCore Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (OC 3.4 GHz)
ATI Radeon HD4870 X2 (2Go)
Corsair Dominator CM2X2048-8500C5D 4 Go DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRA
Windows 7 Pro x64
Cobra SA is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-07-2010, 05:34 AM   #4
ExplodingCabbage
Lurker

Hey Cobra, your post piqued my interest. I like little challenges like this so I decided to try and find a way to avoid damage on level 10. I succeeded.

Firstly, at 4:34 in the video you linked, the trick is to activate force speed (I did this with four stars, I would imagine it could be done with less though) and basically run a half circle around the downward slope. The idea is to keep your speed up by running the circle while pushing slightly against the slope in order to slow your descent, kind of like a marble rolling around a cone. Remember to run diagonally since diagonal movement is faster than forwards movement. It's tricky and may take a few dozen attempts to actually get down with no damage whatsoever, but you should find if you try this that you can get down with under 10 damage fairly easily and then just work from there and try to tweak it and keep trying until you get down completely unscathed.

As for 4:50, here the solution is much easier. Wait for the probe droid outside to start entering the vent, then jump such that you crash into the probe droid instead of the ceiling. Collisions with probe droids (and probably other flying enemies, not sure though) will stop you but won't cause any damage.
ExplodingCabbage is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-11-2010, 01:55 AM   #5
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Well that's certainly a challenge! Simply ending with full health is possible whenever you have Force heal (since mana recharges with time) available or one of those health droids (which also recharge with time) since there are few time based levels.

Pretty tricky. I salute you if you're able to accomplish this. I'm happy if I can beat the game on the hardest difficulty without cheating (added bonus for completing all the secrets).

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-11-2010, 04:37 PM   #6
Tinny

And without save/open stating :P

Redeemed!

An old school mod for jedi academy.
Tinny is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Knight / MotS > Is a perfect game possible in JK?