lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: The Clone Wars
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-21-2008, 05:28 AM   #41
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
My problem is a) this is in fact NOT an uncharted era as the media keep saying, there is probably more EU set around this time than any other, and I enjoyed getting that stuff, it helped me through the "between EPII-III drought", why go back and re-hash it? Lucas' lack of care for, and knowledge of the EU, just Spurs the elitist "G canon only!!" Nazi's on and I hate that. B) The cool thing about EU is that you have so much cool stuff being made, but if you dont agree with it or like it, then that's cool, but with GL having a direct hand in it, it is now G canon, so it is up there with the films, unavoidable.

I think it was mildly entertaining, whether it be for me, kids or newcomers to the saga, But I think there are far more interesting uncharted era's that could of been explored, It was very commercialized and simplified, the so called nod's to EU and the OT were noticeable to a casual fan, I expect more from my Star Wars now.
adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-21-2008, 11:33 AM   #42
Agent_Katarn00

Current Game: Morrowind!
For some reason I don't like the whole clone wars setting.Geonosis and the clone part is the only thing that is cool in there.
Clone Wars is not even close to EU.
EU is jedi are Mara Jade,Galen Marek,Kyle Katarn,Jan Ors,Jerec,Yun,Maw,Desann,Dash Rendar,and Xizor plus others.Obi Wan and Anikan are just the movie guys.The media does not know the true power of the dark side

Jedi Knight Dark Forces 2 Mod Project Leader and Console and PC Gamer
Games i'm looking forward to:
-Red Faction Guerrilla
-Fallout New Vegas
-Diablo 3
Agent_Katarn00 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-21-2008, 03:57 PM   #43
GeneralPloKoon
Just a Time Traveller

Current Game: Borderlands (PS3)
EU is anything not in the movies, and only the beginning and the ending of the Clone Wars were in the movies, not everything in-between. So The Clone Wars movie, series, and the better cartoon are EU.
GeneralPloKoon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-21-2008, 04:09 PM   #44
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_Katarn00 View Post
Clone Wars is not even close to EU.
Actually, I think the CW setting to be vastly superior to much garbage present on the EU.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.

Last edited by Ctrl Alt Del; 09-21-2008 at 07:16 PM.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-21-2008, 04:45 PM   #45
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralPloKoon View Post
EU is anything not in the movies, and only the beginning and the ending of the Clone Wars were in the movies, not everything in-between. So The Clone Wars movie, series, and the better cartoon are EU.
But GL's direct influence, and a big screen premier makes it in the same bracket as the movies, with the same kind of canon status and viewers. Whether or not it is EU is not my problem, it's effect on good EU is.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:11 PM   #46
Alexrd

Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Has anyone been whatching the series? Next episode will be with Kit Fisto.

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-10-2008, 04:30 PM   #47
DarthVandar205

What bothers me is they only show an episode once a week and theyre so short, they feel kind of rushed and it just seems like they dont take the time to really make sure they dont mess up the continuity already established. Most of the vehicles and characters look like they came from later in the clone wars and not in the first year. With all the unexplored KOTOR and New Jedi Order timelines unexplored im surprised they dont want to make stories in those times instead of focusing so much on the clone wars and dark times. Besides most of the characters are from the movies so you know theyre going to survive so theres no suspense in wondering if your favorite character is going to die or not because they cant, unless GL wants to screw with the timeline by killing one or more of them off. Of course they did that in the other clone wars cartoon with Kkruhk so I wouldnt be surprised.
DarthVandar205 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-10-2008, 07:29 PM   #48
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Current Game: CoD 5 WaW; Skate 2
Helpful! 
I have watched some of them, when I can. I think that they are pretty good as a TV series.

Rev7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-10-2008, 08:14 PM   #49
Rinku
kad'la tracinya be abiik

Current Game: SWBF, Pokemon SS
I liked the TV series too.

But the movie, to me, seemed like a ploy to get little kids into Star Wars. Because at the moment there was not really anything new (that was appropriate for younger kids, unless the parents do really care about content). Furthermore it was not as exciting as other Star Wars movies, at least in my opinion.

Rinku is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-19-2008, 02:29 PM   #50
hhunter6
Rookie

I saw the kit fisto episode. It wasn't bad. General Grievious is still Bad A@*. I thought the movie wasn't too bad. I liked the battles. they were pretty good. but i'd much rather read about them. I'm finishing the RC series right now. They are just a small part but i do enjoy them very much. But then again i'm in the military so i suppose i would.
hhunter6 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-22-2008, 04:14 PM   #51
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
This last episode was awsome. Waiting for January, 2nd...

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:18 PM   #52
GeneralPloKoon
Just a Time Traveller

Current Game: Borderlands (PS3)
Indeed, the series so far has some horrible episodes and some fantastic ones!
GeneralPloKoon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-31-2008, 03:58 PM   #53
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Current Game: CoD 5 WaW; Skate 2
Helpful! 
Agreed.

I am looking forward to Jan. 2

Rev7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-31-2008, 04:51 PM   #54
K_Kinnison
Grey Lensman

Forum Veteran Hot Topic Starter 10 year veteran! 
My take for the clone wars is that it is targeted towards the early teens. My guess the stories are more like the interpretation of the clone troopers are a part of their Mythology. A lot of the Jedi powers are cinematic, and the fighting is a bit over the top (Juggernauts taking out a Starship?) But then again, if these are the "Legends" then there is a bit of Author embellishment to make it entertaining

BOW DOWN BEFORE the Official Forum Pun-isher
Official XWA flight instructor
get busy with it!
K_Kinnison is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-31-2008, 06:42 PM   #55
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Kinnison View Post
(Juggernauts taking out a Starship?)
Depends on the kind of ship. What incident are you referring to here?

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2009, 06:35 AM   #56
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

I could enjoy these clone wars episodes, but I wont, because every Interview they do (Within the SW community) There emphasizing the fact that this is not EU, that they are not constrained by what went before, George has a Different vision than the comics, this is what really happened etc. It really upsets me, because I loved the Clone Wars stuff done in the Comics, and I wonder how Long it's gonna be before George comes out and Says there was no History before Yoda's birth or something stupid. I'm waiting for what comes next tbh, EU has sustained Star Wars since the mid Eighties, between Prequels, in fact there are much better stories in the EU than what we got between 1999-2005 from GL, and although it's his Story, his franchise... Why allow something to be made, get money from it, pay people to organize a canon system, let people become fans, and then turn around and pretend you dont know/care about it and ret-conn stuff? It gets me down.

Old 01-01-2009, 02:29 PM   #57
K_Kinnison
Grey Lensman

Forum Veteran Hot Topic Starter 10 year veteran! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001 View Post
Depends on the kind of ship. What incident are you referring to here?
The one where Anakin "Mines" the Asteroids with Juggernauts to flank Grevious's ships. Not sure what Episode

BOW DOWN BEFORE the Official Forum Pun-isher
Official XWA flight instructor
get busy with it!
K_Kinnison is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-22-2009, 09:35 AM   #58
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
New trailer for the next three episodes

One word: Awsome!

Trailer
Old 01-03-2010, 05:53 PM   #59
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Is anyone watching this second season? "Landing on Point Rain" and last episode's introduction of Eeth Koth were very well done.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:43 AM   #60
urluckyday
Up all night to get lucky

Current Game: Red Orchestra 2
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
^I enjoyed the episode, but I don't know why going back to Geonosis didn't sit well with me.

If I die today, I'm happy how my life turned out
urluckyday is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-13-2010, 07:39 AM   #61
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by urluckyday View Post
^I enjoyed the episode, but I don't know why going back to Geonosis didn't sit well with me.
Well, Obi-Wan did say:
- I can't believe we're back here again..."
Old 01-13-2010, 07:23 PM   #62
urluckyday
Up all night to get lucky

Current Game: Red Orchestra 2
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
^I couldn't believe it either.

If I die today, I'm happy how my life turned out
urluckyday is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-18-2010, 01:15 PM   #63
Ghost

Current Game: NBA 2k11
I think there has been enough TV **** on the Clone Wars. It has been done to death. Unless there is a game which is not about the show, then I am no going to focus on it. I would only be interested if there was an RC2 or BF 3 on the CW. Now that would fill my tastes. Clone Wars Shows is just a sad excuse to keep milking the prequel. Worst of all, the whole plot of the Clone wars is nothing new, just the same "Save the Galaxy from the evil sith!" as usual. I think Lucas should just let the Clone Wars show die, unless it will have a darker story in the future
Ghost is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-18-2010, 06:57 PM   #64
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnathon-Mk II View Post
I think there has been enough TV **** on the Clone Wars. It has been done to death. Unless there is a game which is not about the show, then I am no going to focus on it. I would only be interested if there was an RC2 or BF 3 on the CW.
You can't compare a game to a TV series...

Quote:
Clone Wars Shows is just a sad excuse to keep milking the prequel.
Weren't the prequels a sad excuse to keep milking the OT?

Quote:
Worst of all, the whole plot of the Clone wars is nothing new, just the same "Save the Galaxy from the evil sith!" as usual.
Isn't that the saga's plot too?

Quote:
I think Lucas should just let the Clone Wars show die, unless it will have a darker story in the future
So, you prefer no Star Wars TV series rather than some... And isn't the series getting a darker story?

I never understood that logic of more darker, more cool. Why should Star Wars be dark? It didn't began that way, and we liked it the same. Does something need to be dark to be good?
Old 01-18-2010, 07:55 PM   #65
Ghost

Current Game: NBA 2k11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd
You can't compare a game to a TV series...
Actually, a lot of people do dompare it to games. Look in the Kotor Section

Quote:
Weren't the prequels a sad excuse to keep milking the OT?
No, back then it was new, but it seems EU and all the other stuff want to continue on the thing. I think they failed miserably on the prequel trilogy, especially with the whiny bitch Anakin. The few people I think really worked out in the prequel was Mace Windu, Yoda, Obi-Wan, Grievous, and of course Darth Maul.

Quote:
Isn't that the saga's plot too?
sure it is, but the OT did everything much better. They were classic.

Quote:
I never understood that logic of more darker, more cool. Why should Star Wars be dark? It didn't began that way, and we liked it the same. Does something need to be dark to be good?
not always, but it would be something new, something that would capture the attention of older audiences. I'm not saying the movies needed to be totally dark. But the CW series should have some episodes which the Seperatists actually win a few times, not the same ending.
Ghost is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-18-2010, 07:00 PM   #66
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

I think in a way Season 2 is an improvement.

Also, I see the Clone War era as some kind of "Lucas Containment Zone" Basically its better for him to mess up things in this CW era than toying with the OT era and other well developed EU stuff.

PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-26-2010, 11:09 AM   #67
Henz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Banana View Post
I think there has been enough TV **** on the Clone Wars. It has been done to death. Unless there is a game which is not about the show, then I am no going to focus on it. I would only be interested if there was an RC2 or BF 3 on the CW. Now that would fill my tastes. Clone Wars Shows is just a sad excuse to keep milking the prequel. Worst of all, the whole plot of the Clone wars is nothing new, just the same "Save the Galaxy from the evil sith!" as usual. I think Lucas should just let the Clone Wars show die, unless it will have a darker story in the future
I can't help but think this is spoken like someone who hasn't seen it... Clone Wars is doing a pretty good job of exploring the shades of grey in the battle, questioning the Jedi's uneasy position as soldiers. Also, the time period is being used as a backdrop for a variety of stories and relationships, not just battles between good vs. evil. It's expanding on the characters that weren't given a fair shot in the prequels, particularly Anakin who is getting the heroic representation that he deserved. It's quickly becoming leaps and bound better than the recent films Lucas put together. The show is even enhancing them with more developed characters.

Henz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-26-2010, 01:40 PM   #68
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henz View Post
I can't help but think this is spoken like someone who hasn't seen it... Clone Wars is doing a pretty good job of exploring the shades of grey in the battle, questioning the Jedi's uneasy position as soldiers. Also, the time period is being used as a backdrop for a variety of stories and relationships, not just battles between good vs. evil. It's expanding on the characters that weren't given a fair shot in the prequels, particularly Anakin who is getting the heroic representation that he deserved. It's quickly becoming leaps and bound better than the recent films Lucas put together. The show is even enhancing them with more developed characters.
This.

Old 06-14-2010, 09:26 PM   #69
SciFiGeek17
Rookie

Current Game: The Force Unleashed
I really like the Clone Wars, in a general aspect. But the problem is, there are too many plot holes and contradictions to, not just the originally trilogy, but the prequels as well.

I really wished they had made them 45 minute episodes instead of 21. It's really hard to get a desent story and plot in under that time. Even writers for the 45 minute episodes have a hard time, especially in the editing room.

One of the other things that bothers me, is there is a voice actor that does several characters, but in every character you can totally tell its the same. To me, that's bad casting. If an actor is going to do several characters, at least change the ton and accent of your voice.

~I'm just a SciFi Geek with way too much time on her hands~

SciFiGeek17 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > Prequel Trilogy > The Clone Wars