lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: disk prob
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-18-2010, 10:49 AM   #1
jbc218
Rookie

disk prob

i have the disks and i have proof that i have them. but when i reinstalled it (it was a year and got kinda crashy) when i installed it it kept saying for even planets! it would say can not install this file should you retry? ignore? abort? i pressed retry did nothing so i just ignored them. on my way to kota it crashed. is it the disk or something? if that didnt work try this http://s919.photobucket.com/albums/a...eunleashed.jpg

jbc218 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2010, 12:46 PM   #2
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Get a free program (free trial anyway) called "Your Uninstaller" and use that to remove the game completely (and cleanly) from your system. Then reinstall it fresh from the original discs. Then apply the official patch(es).

Of course you'll lose any saved games, so if you want to keep those, back up those folders elsewhere on your hard drive before doing any of this.

You could also check the disc to see if it's scratched or smudged, and give it a gentle cleaning (as you would clean any other CD or DVD).

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2010, 03:58 PM   #3
jbc218
Rookie

what i did was restart my computer and reinstall it again (right clicked on the disk and pressed uninstall then removed the folder) and install it again lol. oh and one quick question. is disk one or 2 the play disk? oh and nice signiture lol

Old 06-18-2010, 05:45 PM   #4
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Honestly I don't know, since I don't own the game (yet anyway).

Usually disc 1 will be a "play" disc, or they will be labeled (or the manual will say, surely).

I just know that a lot of times a corrupt install (especially if your computer locked up during an installation process) can be fixed by Your Uninstaller. I know it was that way with Quake3 engine games like Jedi Academy.

If all else fails, try the official site's tech support (Yoda's Help Desk)... though Aspyr Media has a page that might be useful as well. The patches are supposed to fix mostly performance issues.

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2010, 05:54 PM   #5
jbc218
Rookie

dude go to my second fourm it has a pic of the real error.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Force Unleashed > General > Troubleshooting > disk prob