lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Make an Movie to this game!?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-13-2010, 01:51 PM   #1
TheGhost47
Lurker

Make an Movie to this game!?

I watched the new trailer and i just can say: WOW!
I want more stuff like that. So why not making a movie to this game?
Story would not be the problem. Even actors.
So why not?!
TheGhost47 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-13-2010, 05:48 PM   #2
Zwier Zak

Because it's a bad story and the main character is fundamentally unlikable. Also George proved with the prequels that he should never make any movies at all. Not to mention any Star Wars movies.
Zwier Zak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-13-2010, 07:05 PM   #3
TriggerGod

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGhost47 View Post
Story would not be the problem.
It wouldn't?

Quote:
Even actors.
Actors, maybe not. But the characters? Bleh

Quote:
So why not?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwier Zak View Post
Because it's a bad story and the main character is fundamentally unlikable. Also George proved with the prequels that he should never make any movies at all. Not to mention any Star Wars movies.
TriggerGod is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2010, 02:35 AM   #4
JediSithLordAdas
Rookie

well it could always be a Star wars animated movie like the clone wars series now on, plus i really hope they fixed up the Jump problem as well, which was hard to pull off when tryin to reach some of the Holocrons, be nice if they made a patch available for x360 an other consoles that had that prob of reachin those hard to reach holocrons, an prob could have put in a Super Force Jump to reach them

"May The Force Be With You"

JediSithLordAdas is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2010, 07:27 AM   #5
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk

Current Game: Real Life
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediSithLordAdas View Post
well it could always be a Star wars animated movie like the clone wars series now on
Please...no...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwier Zak
George proved with the prequels that he should never make any movies at all. Not to mention any Star Wars movies.
QFT.
SW01 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2010, 02:01 PM   #6
LordOfTheFish

Current Game: Tomb Raider
Forum Veteran 
Welcome to LucasForums TheGhost47!

I have to disagree with you though, in my opinion this story isn't good enough to produce a movie out of it.

LordOfTheFish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2010, 05:10 PM   #7
GalenMarek
Rookie

but far better then the prequel trilogy
GalenMarek is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2010, 08:40 PM   #8
truJedi
Rookie

Dont think the story timeline would really fit in, but maybe a movie about what
happened after ep VI (return of the jedi ) that could be cool

... I am Jacks Smirking Revenge
truJedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2010, 10:41 PM   #9
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2010, 11:04 PM   #10
truJedi
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerimar Nyliram View Post
No.
Yes.

Old 06-14-2010, 11:09 PM   #11
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Because it's a bad story and the main character is fundamentally unlikable.
If you're talking about this upcoming game, then you just gave it a premature judgment since nobody knows the story to the this game, but if you're talking about the original game, then you're totally wrong. There's a reason why the first game won awards for its storytelling.

Oh, and most people like Starkiller. Get used to it.

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2010, 11:24 PM   #12
truJedi
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shem View Post
If you're talking about this upcoming game, then you just gave it a premature judgment since nobody knows the story to the this game, but if you're talking about the original game, then you're totally wrong. There's a reason why the first game won awards for its storytelling.

what a comeback lol i totally agree with you schem, i dont get why people are
saying it was a bad story and whatever. Like you said, theres a reason why it won awards

Old 06-18-2010, 04:24 AM   #13
MajinMikeyX
Rookie

Current Game: Halo Reach, BFBC2
Quote:

Agreed.

"All too easy."
MajinMikeyX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2010, 05:41 AM   #14
Arannor

Current Game: SWTOR
Quote:

I'm with Shem.

I think it would be cool if they did make these games into movies. As long as they add in the different levels from each version.

NwŻl tash.
Dzwol sh‚sotkun.
Sh‚sotjontŻ ch‚tsatul nu tyŻk.
TyŻkjontŻ ch‚tsatul nu midwan.
MidwanjontŻ ch‚tsatul nu asha.
AshajontŻ kotswinot itsu nuyak.
Wonoksh Qy‚sik nun.
Arannor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2010, 09:18 AM   #15
Zwier Zak

Quote:

It won awards because there was no real competition in 2008.

And don't get me started on awards. The game also won an award for "disappointment of the year".

I get the impression that people like what he does and can do with the force, not who he is. I also noticed on many forums that a lot of people hate him. Unless you can show me the "most people" who like him I'm gonna stick to the fact that he is a wooden, flat and unlikable.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:24 AM   #16
HockeyGoalie35
The New Leader

Current Game: DJ Starscream
Veteran Modder Folder extraordinaire Helpful! 
^
yea i have to agree with that

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGoalie35 View Post
I wish I had some Combustable Lemons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by =purifier View Post
Granted, but you accidently get blown up with that lemony smell and the
Pine-Sol woman appears out of nowhere and says: "That's the power of Pine-Sol, baby. "
HockeyGoalie35 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2010, 10:07 AM   #17
LordOfTheFish

Current Game: Tomb Raider
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalenMarek View Post
but far better then the prequel trilogy
No, not really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by truJedi View Post
what a comeback lol i totally agree with you schem, i dont get why people are
saying it was a bad story and whatever. Like you said, theres a reason why it won awards
It isn't a bad story, just not a story worthy of being made into a film.

LordOfTheFish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2010, 10:16 AM   #18
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
I didn't think that the story of the first TFU was bad.

That said, it wasn't good, either, and was largely forgettable.

And using a trailer as a premise for an entire film doesn't seem advisable. The one advantage of a trailer is it that it's short, and can largely ignore complex things such as plot. Extend by an hour and I don't think it would work.

Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2010, 06:50 PM   #19
jbc218
Rookie

actually there is a link... http://www.forceunleashed.net/force-...easer-trailer/ no one understands it...some big rancor mixed with ur mom... 2 lightsabers. its like wtf. i didnt get all the talking either. or that electric move cause that would hert him more than the rancormom

jbc218 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-19-2010, 03:25 AM   #20
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

Current Game: ME3MP, Arkham Origins
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Forum Veteran Veteran Modder 
What about Marek is so unlikeable? I found him to be a sympathetic character, and the storytelling to be decent enough. The gameplay needed work more than the story, IMO.

Just judging from this thread alone, it would seem that more people have a positive opinion than a negative one, ZZ.

Want to play a game of ME3MP?
Qui-Gon_Glenn on the software of which we shall not name.... add me and the enemy shall fall in chunks of crimson salsa
Qui-Gon Glenn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-19-2010, 12:06 PM   #21
Zwier Zak

With all I said about the TFU1 I would like to note that I am quite interested in the second one. Hope it will be good and develop Galen a bit more. Sam Witwer is a good actor and he deserves a second chance.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:34 AM   #22
MAN@ARMS
Lurker

Current Game: red dead redemption
this would make an excellent movie and the story is the best thing about it. The games story won awards for it (not that thats always a good sign) but it was well deserved.
MAN@ARMS is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2010, 09:43 AM   #23
JediAthos

Current Game: Defiance
Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
I've got to inject a bit of sense into this...have any of you watched a movie made from a video game? They are 98% horrible films. Horrible scripts, horrible stories, horrible acting(doesn't matter who the actors are), cheezy special effects. There is a laundry list of bad movies made from video games and frankly imho SW has enough problems without one more bad film being added to the franchise.

The story may have been good for a game...but inevitably it would translate into a horrible movie.

"You'll find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

JediAthos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2010, 11:02 AM   #24
workshop777
Lurker

Force unleashed should have been made a movie rather then the animated clone wars crap.

I think the fans would have rather seen a canon story of what takes place between episodes 3 and 4 (like the formation of the rebellion!!!!) rather then the filler that took place between 2 and 3.

JMO.
workshop777 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2010, 11:07 AM   #25
Alexrd

Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by workshop777 View Post
Force unleashed should have been made a movie rather then the animated clone wars crap.

I think the fans would have rather seen a canon story of what takes place between episodes 3 and 4 (like the formation of the rebellion!!!!) rather then the filler that took place between 2 and 3.

JMO.
Wouldn't TFU be a filler too?

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2010, 11:14 AM   #26
workshop777
Lurker

Well I guess it could be considered filler, but it would be filler that is more needed I guess. Things like "Where did the rebel logo come from" "How did the rebellion start" "What Jedi did Vader encounter during the purge". I mean these were things that shaped the 15+ years between episode 3 and 4. Rather then the few years between 2 and 3.

Sure the clone wars are a very important part of the SW story, but I think we seen enough of it in Episodes 2 and 3 to allow us to fill in the blanks. The bits of Greivous that we see are could because it sets him up for episode 3, but the rest just isn't needed. Especially the parts with Boba. I thought he was better silent, mysterious, and badass... rather then young, whiny, and conflicted.

Once again, JMO.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:22 AM   #27
workshop777
Lurker

Quote:
It won awards because there was no real competition in 2008.

And don't get me started on awards. The game also won an award for "disappointment of the year".

I get the impression that people like what he does and can do with the force, not who he is. I also noticed on many forums that a lot of people hate him. Unless you can show me the "most people" who like him I'm gonna stick to the fact that he is a wooden, flat and unlikable.
I think the character is great.

His character arc in the first game alone is spectacular. You start off with this "force wrecking ball" that is told to go kill everything and is essentially evil incarnate. As the character progresses you see how and why he ends up turning to good.... betrayed by Vader twice, finds a love interest in Juno, makes friends and allies when they were supposed to be his enemies, finds out about his father.

I also think people can relate to him along the lines of doing what the SHOULD do rather then what they are told or want to do.

So yeah, put me in the category of liking the character and liking what he can do with the force.

The SW stories were always driven by character... Galen Marek, Juno, Kota, Maris and even proxy all ooze character.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Force Unleashed > General > The Force Unleashed 2 > Make an Movie to this game!?