lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Star Wars KOTOR: Counterplay
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-27-2010, 11:03 PM   #1
Tysyacha
One of Thousands

Current Game: Dragon Age II
Forum Veteran Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Star Wars KOTOR: Counterplay

GALACTIC REPUBLIC HEADQUARTERS, Coruscant, 14:00

ADMIRAL CARTH ONASI had seen more than his share of war. He had accompanied the former Dark Lord Revan on his mission to destroy the Star Forge, had fretted and fumed as the Jedi Exile continued to elude the Republic's eye, and now this: The members of a cult called "the Found" had been found dead, along with several Jedi and Republic officers. The cause of their demise? "High concentrations of hazardous materials", or so the official story went on the holonet news.

Carth Onasi knew far better than to believe the official story. Ever.

That was why he had brought a Jedi Knight herself--a newly-promoted one, no doubt!--into the inner offices of Republic headquarters. Not only had she nearly sacrificed her life to stop this cult, but she was also a wanted criminal on Coruscant and other planets. Before her sudden volte-face and joining the ranks of the Jedi, Knight Perdante Dareva had been a Sith Initiate. Not only that, but she had killed three top Republic brass as a part of her training in the Dark Side of the Force. Bad business, that. However, Carth was more than willing to offer her a second chance. Hadn't he done that for Darth Revan? If Revan could be redeemed, then why couldn't she?

"You do know why you're here, Miss Dareva?" Admiral Onasi asked softly.

"Yes," answered the Jedi Knight. "I am Perdante, and you have called me here in order to answer for my crimes against the Republic." After a somber nod from Carth, she continued, "In the course of my training as a Sith Initiate, I was ordered to murder three Republic officials by my Master."

"Do you know whom your Master was at the time? What was his name?"

"I do not know, Admiral." Perdante bowed her head sadly. "I wish I did."

Sensing that the Jedi Knight was telling the truth, even though he himself could not use the Force, he continued, "And you completed your mission?"

"I did. Three years ago, I killed Officers Virhen Marree, Bindu Tath, and Seilan Khan of the Republic. I confess to slaying them, and will pay the penalty."

Carth slid a digital holopad over to Perdante to sign. After reading the terms of the contract, glowing intimidatingly before her, she took the electropen and, half-shutting her eyes, scrawled her signature in the incriminating blank.

The Admiral took back the holopad. "Do you understand your sentence?"

"Quite well, sir. In lieu of serving my minimum term of twelve years at compulsory menial labor in one of the galaxy's penal colonies--four for each of my victims--I surrender to conscription by the Republic as a Jedi Knight. I am to serve aboard the Republic vessel Millennial as a soldier on a possible kamikaze mission. I am to search for a man known as Khristoff, founder of the cult known as the Found. If I desert, the Republic shall pursue and apprehend me, and I will serve twelve years as my due. If, however, I complete the mission and survive, I shall receive a full pardon."

Carth smirked. "Spoken like a true lawyer, or even better in my opinion. However, unlike every lawyer I've ever met, you actually sound sincere." He leaned closer to Perdante. "Are you sure you want to do this? As the contract says, you might not be coming back alive from the Outer Rim."

Perdante nodded. "I'm sure. I'm not finished with the Found yet, or Khristoff."

Last edited by Tysyacha; 08-28-2010 at 07:40 PM.
Tysyacha is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Dantooine Theatre Company > Star Wars KOTOR: Counterplay