lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Pirates
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-05-2010, 03:04 PM   #41
Ping
Elementary.

Roleplayer 
Alvaro noticed both Nathaniel and Blaze had boarded his ship. What the hell are they doing? Are they trying to steal my ship? Alvaro then noticed some British authorities were firing at Blaze and company. Little maggot, he's going to destroy my ship! With that, Alvaro got into a row boat and paddled as fast as he could toward his ship, boarded it rather hastily, and loaded his pistol and fired at one of the British soldiers.

"Next time, wait for me!" Alvaro fumed at Blaze. "Hoist the sail and get ready to make a get-away!"

Once the ship made a rather hasty get-away from Port Royal, Alvaro looked at the main people he had recruited - Clarke, El Muerto, Blaze, and Nathaniel Hawk.

"Come with me into my cabin, I want to explain why I recruited you guys."

Alvaro made sure that there were no eavesdroppers on the cabin, and then locked the door.

"You may or may not have heard about an Amulet, a treasure that is said to give the user near immoratality, and may have been built by the Atlanteans. This Amulet, however, is hidden away in a temple on an uncharted island. To get to this island, we need to obtain a map. There are only less than five copies of this map in existence, at least one of which has been scattered into different pieces. But, once we find the map, we still need the nine gems that attach to the Amulet, of which only very powerful individuals possess the gems. Once we find the gems and the map, we can get the treasure. Any questions?"

"There is no such thing as coincidence, only inevitability" - xxxHoLiC

"Justice? But I don't serve justice, Watson, I serve the truth." - Sherlock Holmes
Ping is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-05-2010, 03:32 PM   #42
Holty1-5

Current Game: Final Fantasy 13
Helpful! 
<.>

Last edited by Holty1-5; 07-06-2010 at 11:46 AM.
Holty1-5 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-05-2010, 03:56 PM   #43
Te Darasuum Mandalor
Forumite

Current Game: POTC: New Horizons
Nathaniel was the first to pipe up, "Atlantis you say? How. Much do you exactly do you know about this artefact? What if it could have a power to destroy life as we know it? Hmm? I have an old friend by the name of Clement Aurentis. Twenty five years ago, he helped me find an ancient Aztec treasure and a lost temple. He can translate ancient texts. I don't think we will find anybody with an education like his in 100 years! Maybe we should stop by his er, home and he could translate. He doesn't have to join the crew, he's far too old anyway, but his knowllege could help drasticly."

Mrcharlton only uses LucasForums for social groups and RPs
Te Darasuum Mandalor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-05-2010, 05:47 PM   #44
Ping
Elementary.

Roleplayer 
((@Holty: You're in the cabin with everyone else, not outside on the deck. Not to be rude or anything, but please pay attention to what's going on))

Alvaro simply looked at Nathaniel after he suggested to drop by his friend's house.

"That simply won't be needed at present. Maybe after we find most of the map, but remember that if it was made by the Atlanteans, I have my doubts anyone can translate it, unless of course the map has been translated by someone else." Alvaro did have to admit, however, that is was rather unlikely any of the map was translated. On the other hand, Alvaro had heard rumors of an English translation of the map - much to his annoyance, wishing that someone had put it in his native language of Portugese - though whoever had done it was probably dead by now.

"And what I said about the artifact is what I know. It simply grants the owner near-immortality. Nothing more, nothing less. I also happen to have a rival that's trying to get the amulet himself. From what I've gathered, he probably has or is very close to getting one of the maps. However, I know something he doesn't know - I know where one of the gems is." Alvaro paused, allowing that fact to sink in.

"There is one problem with that, however. The person who owns it is a French privateer. I have met him in combat before, and he cost me my old crew," Alvaro paused again, remembering that brutal skirmish. Given, his old crew was technically MIA, but he wasn't putting his chances on them living. "I have however, inflicted some damge on his crew and his ship. He's good anough that we might not win even now, but we may just have a chance. If we don't win, we'll have to gamble on getting captured and imprisoned, but at least we'll still have a chance for the gem."

"Justice? But I don't serve justice, Watson, I serve the truth." - Sherlock Holmes
Old 07-05-2010, 06:10 PM   #45
Te Darasuum Mandalor
Forumite

One of the crewmemhers rushed into the cabin without nocking. " Sir, three English sloops twelve guns on each, closing in fast!"

Blaze ran outside of the cabin and up to the helm where the pilot maneuvered the vessel as best he could. The ships were closing in fast. However, since Blaze was by far one of the most senior crew members on the ship next to maybe Nathaniel and Alvaro though he knew next to nothing about him, he could tell that one was indeed a twelve gunned sloop. The two other ships were a sixteen gunned lugger and an eighteen gunned schooner, obviously the flagship. Dawn was approaching, so they had to work fast. Blaze rushed back down to the cabin where he found Clarke, Hawk, Muerta, Dias, and the crewmember. "He's right, three light ships closing in. We are out-sailed and outgunned! We need to get all thirty-five of our small crew to the guns!

Last edited by Te Darasuum Mandalor; 07-06-2010 at 12:18 PM.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:32 AM   #46
Ping
Elementary.

Roleplayer 
((Te Darasuum, I believe I said in the Casting Call rules No one-liner posts. You really need to greatly expand your post. As a suggestion, you could also have one of your characters respond to my character's explanation.))

Old 07-06-2010, 10:29 PM   #47
Te Darasuum Mandalor
Forumite

Do you mind if my friend joins the rp?

Old 07-07-2010, 12:23 PM   #48
Ping
Elementary.

Roleplayer 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Te Darasuum Mandalor View Post
Do you mind if my friend joins the rp?
((If he wants to join, then he should simply post in the Casting Call. Anyone can join at any time. And if he wants to join, then I expect him to ask it to me from himself, and not through somebody else. And please put (( )) for out of character conversations. For future reference, try not to make enemies come out of the blue. It's rather disruptive when your character is trying to explain something. Please. Be. Patient!!!))

" Sir, three English sloops twelve guns on each, closing in fast!"

Alvaro sighed. Seemed like he would have to wait for his crew members to finish their questions. He ran up on to the deck. There were three ships closing in, one of which was slightly whead of the others. Alvaro at first thought they could engage the ships in combat, but then decided it was better to outrun them, and possibly lure one of the ships away from the group.

"Make sure the wind is directly behind us! I do not want to engage all three ships!" Alvaro yelled to the crew. Although he believed that having a skirmish would give the crew some experience, Alvaro was smart enough to know there would be no experience if they all died in one battle.

Old 07-07-2010, 03:56 PM   #49
Te Darasuum Mandalor
Forumite

Nathaniel Spoke up, "Alvaro, we only have a small crew, and the sloop has almost reached us. Our crew is better at fighting than theirs, I can tell by their unorginization. Maybe if we attack, we could recruit the men to join our crew and we would have a better chance fighting that privateer friend of yours. Its up to you if you still want us to flee."

Old 07-10-2010, 11:11 AM   #50
Ping
Elementary.

Roleplayer 
Alvaro simply looked at Nathaniel. The sloop's crew looked far from "disorganized." They may have been a bit hasty, but they certainly didn't look disorganized. It was the British Navy - possibly the most powerful in the world.

"I am simply trying to lure one of the ships away from the others," Alvaro explained to Nathaniel. "Once we do that, we can engage the sloop closest to us. Order everyone to man the cannons, now!" After a few minutes of dodging cannonballs and outmaneuvering the British sloop, Alvaro belived the crew was ready to engage.

"Steady....Steady....FIRE!!!" At Alvaro's order, his ship's cannons roared and shot their projectiles into the British sloop. Alvaro saw men fly like ragdolls and splinters fly everywhere on the opposing ship. Then the sloop returned fire. Alvaro immediately hit the deck and barely avoided a flying splinter.

"Fire, again!" Alvaro called out. His ship returned fire, and even more men on the other side went flying or were split in half.

"Get your weapons out, we're getting ready to board," Alvaro said, hoping the crew could get on the deck in time.

Old 07-10-2010, 03:18 PM   #51
Te Darasuum Mandalor
Forumite

Nathaniel and Blaze both unsheathed their blades and charged onto the enemy deck with a boarding crew of about fourteen or so. They hacked at every man in the scarlet uniform of the British Marine and the ordinary sailors. Blaze knew that Alvaro did not want the ship as a prize, he only wanted the men and weapons. Blaze had an idea, he could penetrate the ship's powder magazine and ignite the explosives laid out down there.

He could then torch the powder causing a large explosion in the hull, giving the rest of the crew close to an hour to take the necessary items and convince the British crew to come over and join them. Blaze rushed down bellow to the magazine, but was confronted by three officers and five marines.......pistols cocked.

Old 07-10-2010, 05:14 PM   #52
Holty1-5

Current Game: Final Fantasy 13
Helpful! 
The 8 Men fell to the ground in front of Blaze, each with a dagger in their back. John goes to each body and pulls the dagger out of each and putting it back in the pouch.

"Bí ag Síochána mo chara" Said John touching a part of his lower chest
"Come On" Said John to Blaze. "We have some men waiting for us, and i would hate to take all the glory whilst you stayed here"

Holty1-5 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-10-2010, 10:34 PM   #53
Te Darasuum Mandalor
Forumite

Blaze rolled his eyes as if he was saying "Gee, what a showoff, I could have taken them on all by my bloody self," but instead, he laughed as he followed John into the depths of the sloop.

"Come on John!" he said, "we need to find the powder magazine!"

Old 07-15-2010, 05:09 PM   #54
Ping
Elementary.

Roleplayer 
As soon as the ship was close enough, Alvaro stepped aboard, stabbed a navy personnel with a gun pointed in his direction, then sliced another navy soldier across the chest after engaging in a brief sword duel, and then shot another soldier running towards him. Alvaro looked around the ship, and seeing how most of the other crew was dead, dying, or wounded, he sheathed his rapier. Looking around, he caught a glimpse of John and Blaze going below deck - possibly to loot something, or blow the ship up. This suddenly gave Alvaro an idea. He walked down to the hold where the other two were.

"John, Blaze, I have a plan - we can send this ship toward the other two sloops that are following us, except that the powder kegs will be lit while this ship is going toward the other two. If we light a long enough fuse, and send it towards the other two perfectly, we can blow them out of the sea. Do you believe this is possible?"

Old 07-15-2010, 07:28 PM   #55
Te Darasuum Mandalor
Forumite

Blaze thought for a moment, "Yes, I believe it is a good idea, like the 16th century English fireships used against the Spanish Armada. We can take these sixty three survivors as hostages, it looks like Nathaniel already convinced some to join the crew."

Old 07-31-2010, 12:41 PM   #56
Ping
Elementary.

Roleplayer 
Alvaro went ahead and lit a long, makeshift fuse that led to the powder stores. He quickly went above deck and warned everyone.

"I've lit a fuse that will explode this ship! Get to safety!" Alvaro quickly jumped on to his ship, waited for Blaze, Nathaniel, Clarke and the others to get on, and quickly made his ship set sail away from the sloop. After they were a fair distace away, Alvaro turned around to see where the other two sloops were.

"Now, if I set the fuse right, the ship should explode.....now!" Sure enough, the two British sloops that were still sailing were caught in the proceeding explosion. Given, the explosions did totally destroy the ships, but they were sinking fast with the huge holes in their hulls.

"We should probably try and find that privateer with the gem," Alvaro said, trying to focus on his current goal. "His crew is pretty strong, and seeing how I was able to damage his ship before, we should probably hit it before it gets repaired."

Old 08-03-2010, 09:49 AM   #57
Te Darasuum Mandalor
Forumite

Nathaniel heard the conversation coming from the main deck. The new crew mixed with the old crew made 106 men in all which could help Alvaro in the longrung. Nathaniel walked above where he found the captain. "Do you know what the last port of call was for your 'friend'? If we know that fact, we have the potential to track him down."

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Dantooine Theatre Company > Pirates