lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: How to install mods?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-11-2006, 02:00 PM   #81
Dark-Flux
Lurker

i used winzip to "extract" the files into the override folder but nothing happens in the gameI've made sure only files are in the override folder and i read the "read me" which just states that i should "unzip" the the mod files into the override folder.
Im wondering if my override folder is in the correct place. Its surrounded by the folders/files "Documents," "Web Links," "Star Wars KOTOR 2 TSL," and "Update" and "Uninstall Star Wars KOTOR2 TSL" Is this right?

The mod was "NewFemPC_2.6" from pcgamemods.com incase you guys need to know

Thanks

Given the choice, whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire; or to challenge the fates for another throw - a better throw - against one's destiny... what was a king to do? But does one even truly have a choice? One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars,
Kain
Dark-Flux is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-11-2006, 02:23 PM   #82
ChAiNz.2da
Brony 4 Life. Yo.

Current Game: Minecraft MP: PynCraft|Tekkit
the override folder should be located in the main TSL game folder (where the .exe is found).. generally:

c:/Program Files/LucasArts/SWKotor2/override

something close to that..

p.s. it's really important that override is spelled correctly .. hehehe

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-11-2006, 02:52 PM   #83
Dark-Flux
Lurker

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!! IT WORKS!!!!
IT....IS....AAALLLIIIVVVEEE !!!!!

not quite sure how though. Is KOTOR2 supposed to already have an Override folder because i found one under mycomputer/programfile/lucasarts/SWkotOR2/override
it already had three programmes in it.

thanks for the help

Given the choice, whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire; or to challenge the fates for another throw - a better throw - against one's destiny... what was a king to do? But does one even truly have a choice? One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars,
Kain
Dark-Flux is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-12-2006, 01:01 AM   #84
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Flux
Is KOTOR2 supposed to already have an Override folder because i found one under mycomputer/programfile/lucasarts/SWkotOR2/override
it already had three programmes in it.
The patch creates an override folder and places those files in it if I'm not mistaken.

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-04-2006, 10:17 PM   #85
heedavid
Lurker

Dear great modders,

Please bear with me for this newbie question as I just started on KotOR1 recently. It's the same problem regarding mods not being able to work...

I'm currently (and I've saved a game) on Dantooine, just shortly after returning the stowaway to the Twi'lek. And I recently downloaded Cate Kroft's "silver crystal", "new color crystals" and "all compatible" mods. After following Cate's instructions to the dot, I still couldn't get it working.

Cate had written down that the various crystals could be obtained via the Dantooine merchant and on Nemo's body. But when I loaded up my saved game (as mentioned above), I don't see anything at all.

Am I missing something here? Do I have to 'enable cheats' in order to get mods to work? Any help and advice is greatly appreciated! Many thanks and I look forward to your replies!

Best regards,
Dave
heedavid is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-04-2006, 11:07 PM   #86
Darth333
Administraterror

I could be wrong about that as it's been a while since I played with Merchant's inventories but I believe the inventory is loaded the first time you enter the module, meaning that you would have to load a savegame from prior entering that module for the first time.

Perhaps someone could confirm this info.
Darth333 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-05-2006, 12:44 AM   #87
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth333
I could be wrong about that as it's been a while since I played with Merchant's inventories but I believe the inventory is loaded the first time you enter the module, meaning that you would have to load a savegame from prior entering that module for the first time.

Perhaps someone could confirm this info.
That's how I recall it works as well.

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
Old 10-05-2006, 05:31 AM   #88
heedavid
Lurker

Dear Darth333 and RedHawke,

Oh dear. Does this mean in order for me to work Cate's mods I got to have a savegame whereby I JUST arrived at Dantooine and haven't yet gone on trial to become a Jedi?

Sorry about the question, but I don't quite understand the meaning when you say 'module'.

I'm now interpretating it as a savegame (be it whether I finished Dantooine, or as in my case I've completed it) OUTSIDE the merchant's shop or OUTSIDE the Dantooine Starmap cave (whereby Nemo's body is found). If my above interpretation is correct, then that is what I've been doing all along but to no avail when I approached the merchant or Nemo's body.

Unless you guys are telling me that I must NOT complete Dantooine, as in my very first concern, in order for the mods to work.

Best regards,
Dave
heedavid is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-05-2006, 08:57 AM   #89
ChAiNz.2da
Brony 4 Life. Yo.

By "module loading" they mean the very first time the merchant spawns. So for example, if you were adjusting the inventory for the "crazy rodian" on Dantooine, you would need a savegame before the very first time you exited the Jedi Enclave..

For Nemo's corpse, you would need a savegame before the very first time you entered the ruins... etc. etc.

Once a merhant/npc/etc. spawns for the first time, everything is set. Unfortunately there isn't a 'cell reset' (such as Oblivion) so it can get tricky with placeables in KotOR / TSL..

Old 10-05-2006, 10:48 AM   #90
bgerva3383
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth333
How to install mods?

[*]Winrar: While winrar can unpack .zip as well as .rar files, it does not recognize the .7z format. Winrar allows you to do the following:
pack/unpack : RAR and ZIP files
unpacking only: CAB, ISO, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, BZ2, ACE, UUE, JAR (java archive), Z
I just thought you'd like to know that WinRAR now supports the .7z format. Also, in addition to supporting the GZ and BZ2 formats, it also supports TAR.GZ and TAR.BZ2.
bgerva3383 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-05-2006, 10:56 AM   #91
Darth333
Administraterror

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChAiNz.2da
Unfortunately there isn't a 'cell reset' (such as Oblivion) so it can get tricky with placeables in KotOR / TSL..
There is a way to "reset" the module and get the crystals showing up in the merchant's inventory but it will mess up some variables (and could eventually screw up things completely).

Try this at your own risks and keep a savegame from before trying this method in case you get stuck later on as many variables will be reset and you could be unable to finish some quests:

Open Windows-Explorer and Kotor. Right before entering the module where the merchant is, switch to the Windows-Explorer (Alt-Tab) and go to your Kotor directory. You should see a folder called "gameinprogress". Inside this folder should be a file for the module where the merchant is located (you need the name of that module - unfortunately I don't remember it but it's likely danmblabla.sav ) Erase it. Then go back to your game and talk to the merchant. If you did everything right, the crystals should be there.

You can also get the same results by editing your savegame using an erf/gff editor but it's a bit more complex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgerva3383
I just thought you'd like to know that WinRAR now supports the .7z format. Also, in addition to supporting the GZ and BZ2 formats, it also supports TAR.GZ and TAR.BZ2.
Thanks for mentioning this. I guess it's time for me to update my winrar version
Old 10-17-2006, 09:26 AM   #92
canterbrigian
Lurker

how to uninstall mods [spoiler too]

Quote:
Uninstall: Just delete the files. Some mods come with an automatic installer and maybe removed via the Add/remove programs function in Windows.
1) If the readme mentions nothing about how to uninstall, is there no pitfall in deleting every file in the Override folder?
2) Is there any special instruction about mods installed using tslpatcher?

Finished TSL for second time so now attempting to play with mods installed, but in the first run after installing, I've encountered an "unbeatable" problem which causes the Sith Assassins aboard the Harbinger to trigger a game crash whenever the character controlled by the player targets them with anything (projectiles including grenades, melee weapons, Force powers, etc.). At first, I thought it was because they were simply invisible under all circumstances (one sees the attack icon set "floating" after one approaches the first "trigger" door, but no figure appears) and very deadly (they use poison and struck 11 out of 15 times sufficiently well to instantly kill my ~40 vitality Consular), but even after re-equipping my party and using every buffing Force power, it only served to lengthen the inevitable slaughter of my trio....

Anyway, I'm going to attempt to uninstall all of the mods then reinstall one at a time again (I don't have the CDs to uninstall then reinstall the game or I'd skip the mod uninstall procedure)....

Thanks in advance for confirming.
canterbrigian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-26-2007, 12:11 PM   #93
darthrevan0201
Lurker

Hi, im new and have tried some mods after completeing the game 3 times, i have tried some mods and one works but the other 2 don't, can you help me?
The one that worked is Mekel recrutment.
The ones that failed is Mask++ and revan items by chainz.
Thanks.

To everyone, I have had to delete some 'off-topic' posts, this thread is about how to install mods, not troubleshooting them, please post in the respective mods release thread in our Taris Upper City Emporium forum about any issues you may have, if the mod doesn't have a release thread in our Taris Upper City Emporium forum then please create a thread about it in Holowan labs, but not here thanks. -RH

Last edited by RedHawke; 04-24-2007 at 01:49 AM.
darthrevan0201 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-25-2007, 05:19 AM   #94
Christos K
Forumite

I do not know if this is in the right place but I am having trouble downloading Exar Kun's Tomb mod and Project Yavin 4 mod. I am not having a problem of them not working together, I am just not able to get either one of them to work. If you do not have the mods just go to PcGameMods and go to the Kotor section and type yavin for Project Yavin 4 and exar for Exar Kun' Tomb.

"It's the one that says Bad Mother ****er." - Jules Winnfield... Describing his wallet, Pulp Fiction.
Christos K is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-26-2007, 12:56 AM   #95
tk102
Well past expiration date

Current Game: Watch_Dogs
Forum Veteran Helpful! Notable contributor 
When you are unzipping those mods, note that there are folders named "Override" and "Modules" inside of them -- be sure to put the files from Override folder into your Override folder and the files from Modules folder into your Modules folder.
tk102 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2007, 02:58 AM   #96
AdmiralThrawn
Lurker

this is probably a stupid question, are kotor and tsl mod compatible . id gess they arnt but to be sure
AdmiralThrawn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2007, 06:06 AM   #97
sekan

I'm not sure if it all would work but there are some mods that works for both k1 and TSL.

[size=1] My mods | My webiste
Are you trying to foooooool me?
sekan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-27-2008, 12:57 AM   #98
ralon savar
Lurker

i downloaded mods for kotor for the pc but how do i use them?
i have winrar setup and stuff but i dont know how to get the mods onto the game
i know go to extract to and then select overdrive but i dont have that
so i just extraced them to the actual game. is that ok?
or do i have to have an overdrive file
if so how do i get one?
ralon savar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-27-2008, 06:20 AM   #99
ChAiNz.2da
Brony 4 Life. Yo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralon savar View Post
i downloaded mods for kotor for the pc but how do i use them?
i have winrar setup and stuff but i dont know how to get the mods onto the game
i know go to extract to and then select overdrive but i dont have that
so i just extraced them to the actual game. is that ok?
or do i have to have an overdrive file
if so how do i get one?
You want an "override" folder (not 'overdrive'). Make sure the spelling is correct
If the folder does not exist, you can create one. The game will recognize it

Old 01-13-2009, 10:16 PM   #100
knight 12167
Rookie

Is WInZip free?

Never was anything great achieved without danger.
knight 12167 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-13-2009, 11:24 PM   #101
HK-42
HK47+Marvin=

Current Game: AssassinsCreed,kotor
Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by knight 12167 View Post
Is WInZip free?
Get 7z: http://www.7-zip.org/

its free

HK-42 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-30-2009, 04:46 AM   #102
Darth Jester
Rookie

Been a very long time since I installed mods for TSL, if someone could please refresh my memory as to where I stuff the files from the Source folder on some of the mods it would be appreciated. Thanks in advance Jester

@ DarthParametric: Thanks, as i said been about three years since I've used the game so my mind was a little blank lol.

Last edited by Darth Jester; 01-30-2009 at 08:03 AM. Reason: Sayin thanks
Darth Jester is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-30-2009, 06:11 AM   #103
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Nowhere. The source folder is just the uncompiled scripts (NSS) used in the mod. It's there for use by other modders.
DarthParametric is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-20-2009, 12:20 AM   #104
PremierKid
Lurker

where do i put the tslpatchdata file?

Hi all

I'm new to all this modding business and even thou i've been reading some posts on how to mod and stuff i've managed to download some files for kotor 1 but when i open them up they come with some file like tslpatchdata? where or wat are these files? and where is the folder for it? i can extract files no problem and following instruction is easy but it doesn't say where the tslpatch data file is , nor does it say create one if ness so i'm really stuck on how to use these type of files

any help wud be appreciated
thx
PremierKid is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-20-2009, 02:04 AM   #105
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

^^^^
FYI but you need to always read a mods readme file first for how to install their particular mod.

In the case of the tslpatchdata mods they use the installer. You need to extract the archive to a temp folder and run the exe file it will install the mod as it uses the tslpatchdata folder as that contains the mods files for installation and it must be in the same folder as the exe file when you run it.

Old 02-20-2009, 02:06 AM   #106
Star Admiral
N7 Commando

Current Game: Mass Effect 2
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! 
Hi, welcome to the forums!

Here's how to install a mod after you download it. First, unzip it to its own folder. Then, open up that folder to view its contents. If there is no tslpatchdata folder inside, then all you need to do is copy the files inside into your Override folder located in whichever directory you installed K1. If there is a tslpatchdata folder inside, then there should also be an executable file called TSLPatcher, Setup, Installer, or something along those lines. To install the mod, just double-click on that executable and let the installer do the copying work for you.

Hope that helps.

EDIT: Beaten by RedHawke.

- Star Admiral
Star Admiral is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-22-2009, 09:06 PM   #107
PremierKid
Lurker

thx guys appreiciate the help keep up the work
PremierKid is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2009, 05:59 PM   #108
Revan's Aprentice
Lurker

Hey everybody, I just have an issue that I would really like to solve, and I hope you guys can help. :/

Currently I am running KotOR 2 on a virtual disk, and for some reason I cannot edit the .Iso that it is located on, I cant even extract it. Also, whenever I try to start the game from the Lucas arts/KotOR2 file w/ game launcher, It says that I have the wrong Disk inserted even though I have the Virtual Disk of the Playing disk, which is Kotor_2_1 Right?

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.
-------Revan's

Last edited by Revan's Aprentice; 05-27-2009 at 06:06 PM.
Revan's Aprentice is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-28-2009, 09:49 PM   #109
Fluffybunny123
Rookie

n00b alert

Where do i find the override folder? I feel like a n00b.
Fluffybunny123 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-19-2009, 10:47 PM   #110
Rancorslayer
Lurker

Don't Understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth333 View Post
How to install mods?
{Snipped to save space}
So I am trying to download a mod that uses the auto installer and it's telling me to find the file that the game is executable from. I've tried about every file that sounds like it would be it but nothing works. The mod also didn't come with a readme (that I can find anyway). Can I get some help?

Last edited by RedHawke; 12-23-2009 at 11:26 PM.
Rancorslayer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-20-2009, 02:38 PM   #111
ZimmMaster
Forumite

Current Game: SWTOR
Helpful! Veteran Modder 
Just a little suggestion to be added in here: I thought I'd recommend anyone still using the 7-zip program to upgrade to the program called IZArc. It has the same simple interface but supports more formats than 7-zip. Just thought I'd recommend it.

~ I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
ZimmMaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-17-2010, 06:03 AM   #112
iSlingshot
Lurker

Ok There is probably a sticky about this somewhere but how do I install a TSLPatch mod using OS X?
iSlingshot is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-08-2010, 08:45 PM   #113
Sgt. Strike
Rookie

For TSL, when you patch the game, it will create an Override directory. At least for the PC game.

When everything else fails, CHEAT!
Sgt. Strike is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2010, 11:16 AM   #114
n00bster
Lurker

Every time I try to use the TSL Patcher, it says: "WARNING: An Unhandled Error Occured!". I'm using Vista by the way.

Can someone PLEASE help me? I read the instructions and I don't really get some of them. I'm trying to install WOTOR

Last edited by n00bster; 05-08-2010 at 11:26 AM.
n00bster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2010, 03:08 PM   #115
Darth333
Administraterror

@ N00bster: check this post: http://lucasforums.com/showpost.php?...&postcount=239 and this post: http://lucasforums.com/showpost.php?...&postcount=241
Old 05-08-2010, 03:11 PM   #116
n00bster
Lurker

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth333 View Post
Thanks a lot! Everything works now!
n00bster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2010, 01:44 PM   #117
Darth Abrid
Lurker

The people for mission and ccarth didnt spawn why not? i have mods for clothes and weapons and nothing is working

Last edited by Darth Abrid; 07-11-2010 at 01:54 PM.
Darth Abrid is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-14-2010, 07:54 AM   #118
Runarsg
Lurker

Does anyone know if its possible to use several mods that use the appearance.2da file?
Can i rename one of them to appearance1.2da? Or copy the contents of one into the other using a texteditor?
Runarsg is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-14-2010, 08:14 AM   #119
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runarsg View Post
Does anyone know if its possible to use several mods that use the appearance.2da file?
Can i rename one of them to appearance1.2da? Or copy the contents of one into the other using a texteditor?
If they use TSL patcher yes... If not then you will have to manually edit the appearance.2da and merge them for the different mods to work. Using one appearance.2da over a different one, will cause one of the mods to work incorrectly...

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-15-2010, 05:30 AM   #120
Runarsg
Lurker

What do you mean by merging?
Would it work copy pasting from one to the other using a text editor?
Runarsg is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > How to install mods?