lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Any comments on those infoboxes?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-06-2010, 11:20 AM   #1
Harald B
Rookie

Any comments on those infoboxes?

So today I've made and deployed another type of infobox, for video games. You can see it in action at this and other pages.
What I'm wondering is if anyone has any suggestions about these things, especially about colors (it seems too uniform and slightly dull, but I'm not sure what to replace them with) and extra fields. Do tell.
Harald B is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-06-2010, 09:47 PM   #2
Traveler of Games
Lurker

At the moment, vocal song number(s) comes to mind as a field.

For colors, we can color coordinate by what system the game came out on? (360 - green, Wii - Blue, PC/Mac - Orange?)
Traveler of Games is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-07-2010, 02:58 AM   #3
Harald B
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler of Games View Post
At the moment, vocal song number(s) comes to mind as a field.
We already have those for the individual episodes, but I suppose I'll re-add it.

Quote:
For colors, we can color coordinate by what system the game came out on? (360 - green, Wii - Blue, PC/Mac - Orange?)
Interesting, but with everything Telltale makes becoming multiplatform and two canceled games that would be weird. I was actually looking for separate colors per infobox type: one for these, one for cartoon episodes, one for comics and one for Telltale episodes.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:19 AM   #4
MrMamen
Lurker

What about an infobox for characters? (And is this the correct place to comment general wiki questions?)
MrMamen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-29-2010, 01:46 PM   #5
Harald B
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMamen View Post
What about an infobox for characters? (And is this the correct place to comment general wiki questions?)
The thought has crossed my mind, but I don't think there are enough general kinds of facts to make it worthwhile. Most characters don't have any set physical characteristics except ones that are obvious from just the picture. (No set length, age, weight, etc.) Adding a "gender" field would invite some sad and pointless debates, and even a "friends/associates" field could be tricky. All in all there seems to be too little point.
Anyway thank you and yes, this forum is intended for general wiki matters. Sadly it doesn't seem to get much attention and most people prefer the Main Page Talk page and my own Talk page, but technically this is the most appropriate place.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Sam And Max.Net > Sam & Max Discussion > Wiki Discussion > Any comments on those infoboxes?