lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Secret of Monkey Island - CD Talkie Edition Project
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-15-2009, 03:56 PM   #201
LordTrilobite

Changing the graphics isn't that hard. It must be fairly easy to find out.

Edit: Here's an idea, making all graphics but the inventory and verbs transparent. So you'll have classic backgrounds and characters, but still have the SE interface. Not the best of solutions, but it should work alright, IF the SE graphics are actually ON the classic graphics.

LordTrilobite is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-15-2009, 04:34 PM   #202
Silvor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordTrilobite View Post
Changing the graphics isn't that hard. It must be fairly easy to find out.

Edit: Here's an idea, making all graphics but the inventory and verbs transparent. So you'll have classic backgrounds and characters, but still have the SE interface. Not the best of solutions, but it should work alright, IF the SE graphics are actually ON the classic graphics.
Not sure about that.
Remember that the mouse pointer and inventory functions are different when you play with the new graphics as well as the new art being widescreen and the old art not.
Silvor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-17-2009, 11:08 PM   #203
bugmenot16
Banned

Congrats!
Making it possible to play Somi, with new speech. ie Somi the Talkie Version.
and To the Somi Se team for providing the voices, and making this possible.
after all no data, = no byte change. = nothing to work with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xone View Post
Well.. Isn't too hard to compile this project but you need read whole thread carefully. Sometimes you need search for needed tools using google.

OK. Here is what I have done (if I shouldn't write this all step-by-step instruction, moderator please delete this post).

0 ) YOU NEED TO BUY Your own copy of The Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition!
1 ) After install you need get MI CD files that are inside SE version. Extract
Monkey1.pak and get classic/en/monkey1.* (tool to extract:http://helicoid.de/scumm/extractpak.zip).
2 ) Extract audio\MusicOriginal.xwb (tool to extract: http://helicoid.de/scumm/unxwb-mi.zip).
3 ) Now convert xma files to wav (tool to convert http://www.enbclan.com/download.php?...xWMAEncode.zip).
4 ) Convert WAV files to MP3/OGG/FLAC. Rename them starting track1.*
5 ) Extract audio\Speech.xwb (tool above)
6 ) Convert WAV files to MP3 (OGG or FLAC are not supported yet).
7 ) Now You need patch Your Monkey files that you extracted - You should backup files then you will have
original files if you fail (here is patch http://www.mediafire.com/?yymeyajyzh1)
8 ) After patching extract scumm script with command scummtr -cw -g monkeycdalt -of mi1.txt -h -H (the tool:
http://hibernatus34.free.fr/scumm/scummtr.exe).
9 ) Now if you have all MP3 files and mi1.txt in one folder you can make monster.so3 and mi1new.txt (here is the tool:
http://helicoid.de/scumm/mkspeech.zip)
10) Now compile scumm script into the game files with command scummtr -cw -g monkeycdalt -if mi1new.txt -H
11) Monkey files (Monkey1.000 and Monkey1.001) copy with all 24 tracks and Monsetr.so3 to the same directory and use
ScummVM to play..
12) Enjoy and say Thanks to the authors!

Thank you jott, LogicDeLuxe, cocomonk22 and all other hard working on this project!

**PS. dialog splitter included in cocomonk22's patch now!
PS2. Using all steps described above I can play with speeches but sometimes there is no voices or voices are messed.
Can I correct it manually?
**= Just another little update/review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronzbig1 View Post
I've made simple installer - you just have to choose game folder, and press enter in few moments - http://www.storage.to/get/fSVZlV5P/install.exe
**Installer extract new files to -> MISE\audio\classdub <- folder with patched game
**Installer renames/REorders your extracted MusicOriginal.xwb music files also. and compress to mp3.

PN: The installer does delete
del mi1.txt
del mi1new.txt
del missing.txt
Which does not help with the updating of the mapping.txt, other then that, it checks files via MD5.exe which is great.

If someone could update the first page with all the tool updates for this project, that would be great!.
Excellent works guys!

--Just one thing, on the updating, Monster.So3
Read 4573 entries from speech.info.
Read 7463 lines from mi1.txt, 2483 lines have no matching entry.
Could not find SLP_71_gh-room_9_1.mp3
Wrote 4522 samples to monster.so3.

Nothing added so far!. WIP.

Code:
cocomonk22 Patch tool -: updates monkey1.001 and monkey1.000
jott's Mkspeech tool -: updates monkey1.001 and monkey1.000
how I have come to understand it, is that, if you, Process the patch tool first

Code 1 sample
Code:
BSPATCH.EXE MONKEY1.000.bup MONKEY1.000 PATCH.000
BSPATCH.EXE MONKEY1.001.bup MONKEY1.001 PATCH.001
PN: Bspatch is now updated with no need for BZIP2.EXE anymore.

then back up the new Monkey1.000 and Monkey1.001 to a new folder. then process....

Code 2 sample
Code:
 scummtr -cw -g monkeycdalt -of mi1.txt -h -H
 mkspeech.exe
 scummtr -cw -g monkeycdalt -if mi1new.txt -H
which create your Monster.so3 file. Then if I add to mapping.txt, it wont let me add anymore samples, because the Monkey1 files have already been updated to something,
So if you run ref 'Code 2 sample' again it wont write any samples and the Monster.so3 file goes to 1kb only.

so until a fix is made for this, I recommend, to copy the patch backup files in folder,
and overwrite them with the new ones, ie. Monkey1.001 and Monkey1.000,
then if you run, code 2 sample again it works, with the mapping added to it.

Big thanks to jott, LogicDeLuxe, cocomonk22 for all your great work.
and thank you to ronzbig1 for making the installer.

PS. I hope one of the testers have been working on the mapping.txt.
I think it usefull to upload your mapping.txt files, and compare and merge. This Fine tuning work should be done soon.
Then post for a final patch to be done with all files needed to be included.

Perhaps one of you guys might want to tackle the bug '0.00- km' in Xcom Interceptor next!, just a thought!.

**Edit-----
Quote:
Originally Posted by xone View Post
OK..
I have looking for that sentence inside missing.txt and I've found:
MISS : "Hey, don't forget we're short on help because of this whole LeChuck thing." - add 1229,0=sampleno
So I have add to mapping.txt:
1229,0=y
where y is sample number, but how can I check what sample number is PL3_28_bar_48_4.mp3 ??

***edit
OK. I've found speech tool on helicoid server (jott's server I guess), so I have samples order..
What?? I must be missing something here,
So, just what did you find out, How do you get the 'Sampleno'.
if you know the filename (ie GUY_30_store_5_1.mp3 for below) and found entry in missing.txt,
How do you know the x,y=sampleno
Someone please clarify.

Code:
MISS : "\xFF\x0A\xFB\x04\xFF\x0A\x00\x00\xFF\x0A\x0A\x00\xFF\x0A\x00\x00"Davey Jones\x0F Lockers:\xFF\x01The last word in theft-, fire-, and grog-resistant storage devices."" - add 1744,0=sampleno
Char: Safe in store

**It has been mentioned that a x,y=-2 value of Sampleno = disable, thou not tested!

Its easy..err..ier when mkspeech has already filled in the Sampleno for you Like in these examples.
http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost....4&postcount=62
http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost....9&postcount=67

*** both of these, only example what to do if mkspeech has already filled in
'Sampleno' for you. but how do you do it if its not filled in(x,y=Sampleno)??

I've run into a problem, with sampleno filled in by mkspeech
I add the line to mapping.txt, but it gets said in the wrong order, Guy=man and man=Guy and I tryed to swap them around in mapping.txt but alas, no joy.

Code:
MULTI: "Nice talking to you.", room (79) and interaction_index (91) matches - add  4672,0=2914 for sample GUY_79_cu-bar-1_9_1
MULTI: "Nice talking to you.", room (79) and interaction_index (91) matches - add  4672,0=2969 for sample MAN_79_cu-bar-1_22_3
they are both valid, because, Man says it, and then Guy after, im using the first name of file. althou It should be the other way around.

Char: First pirate by the door
talk and exit.

Last edited by bugmenot16; 12-18-2009 at 04:02 AM.
bugmenot16 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-20-2009, 08:08 AM   #204
ThunderPeel2001
Lovebucket

I have absolutely no idea what you just posted. Does anyone?

ThunderPeel2001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-20-2009, 09:58 PM   #205
Monkey Mania

It ain't easy is it?
Monkey Mania is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-03-2010, 07:42 PM   #206
Jackpumpkinhead
Rookie

i was looking forward to doing this but one of the links is dead
the patch link is dead
could someone reup this
or does the installer do everything for you?
Jackpumpkinhead is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-03-2010, 10:48 PM   #207
cocomonk22
Rookie

I think that was an older version.

Use this one:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ntzj5ccnmjm
cocomonk22 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-04-2010, 01:16 AM   #208
MethodGit

What's the likelihood that OGG/FLAC support for the speech will be added at some point?
MethodGit is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-10-2010, 05:42 PM   #209
omaer94
Rookie

i was just wondering if it was legal to modify the original monkey1.000 and monkey1.001 game files like this so that the game may support speech.
omaer94 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-10-2010, 05:59 PM   #210
cocomonk22
Rookie

You can not redistribute the modified 000 and 001 files since they contain copyrighted material, hence the reason for the patches that only contain the changes to those files. The patches may fall under derivative work classification, but game modifications typically are not pursued by copyright holders.
Old 07-10-2010, 06:23 PM   #211
omaer94
Rookie

ok thx so that means i cant redistrbute the files but i can use the patches right?
Old 07-10-2010, 06:24 PM   #212
cocomonk22
Rookie

Yes, use the patches.
Old 07-10-2010, 06:34 PM   #213
omaer94
Rookie

ok thx a lot
Old 07-19-2010, 10:05 PM   #214
MethodGit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodGit View Post
What's the likelihood that OGG/FLAC support for the speech will be added at some point?
Never mind, it seems that hexediting mkspeech.exe to replace MP3 references with OGG/FLAC ones works just as well.
MethodGit is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-19-2010, 11:11 PM   #215
MusiclyInspired

Current Game: Wallace & Grommit
So what's the status of this patch currently anyway? What is it currently capable of doing? Were all the incorrect speech bugs ever ironed out?

"Booyah! Look out, LeChuck! Here comes Guybrush Threepwood's glowing sword of hot monkey vengeance!"
-Guybrush Threepwood, Tales of Monkey Island
MusiclyInspired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-26-2010, 08:59 AM   #216
abhakam
Lurker

Thanks guys.
But kinda disappointed that the game get stuck in the very last chapter
the part where lechuck says "what... i.. um..."
abhakam is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-30-2010, 02:36 PM   #217
LogicDeLuxe
Rookie

I'm currently editing "The Secret of Monkey Island". If it turns out the way I want it, you could select between MT-32, General MIDI and CD audio in one version. (Not sure about Adlib yet).

I also found and fixed several bugs of the original game as well as those introduced in the enhanced CD. This includes such obvious ones as the storekeeper closed the door AFTER he walks to the counter, cosmetic ones such as correct location of "Rum. Jam." subtitles and some highlight colors using the floppy colors instead of matching the new MI2 interface, messed up jokes like the "Still ten o'clock"-joke, aligned the upside down text at the circus, and more.

I've altered many scripts to be talkie friendly, so this can be ultimately used for the CD Talkie Edition Project.
CD audio will only work with ScummVM though, since native SCUMM doesn't support it with the talkie enhanced EXE.

No upload yet, since I want to get things working first, and then I'm going to work on a patching tool, which can be freely distributed. Currently, I did quite a few things, which the available tools can't automate yet. This includes creating a true monster.sou with 22 kHz, 8 bit throughout, some samples I lowered in volume, like the "pssst." in Melee town. And while some samples are premixed like "Grog. Grog. Grog.", others like "Rum. Jam." are not, so I had to do it in a sample editor.

If someone wants to help, two things of the FATE.EXE bother me, so anyone experienced in EXE hacking, the following would be very nice:
Edit: You should use the latest executable from here (which I hope it is): ftp://ftp.lucasarts.com/patches/pc/fatecd.exe (which can be unpacked with 7zip)

- Increase the music volume. The music plays significantly softer then in non-talkie versions of V5 SCUMM (ie. MONKEY.EXE, MONKEY2.EXE, non-talkie ATLANTIS.EXE), probably because the voice acting was recorded that soft in "Fate of Atlantis". Currently, I have to turn my MT-32 about 26 dB louder then my soundcard output to get a sensible volume match which is pretty extreme (testing in DOSbox).

- On the command line, using 'g' instead of 'r' for using GMIDI.IMS, which replaces the redundant ROLAND.IMS.

- And the ultimate bonus, if you could re-add CD audio support to FATE.EXE. Command line boot parameters has to be enabled for this too, since I use it to tell the game to use CD audio instead of MIDI. Debug mode is not needed fir this, since unlike the other boot parameters, I do the check outside the debug code block.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhakam View Post
Thanks guys.
But kinda disappointed that the game get stuck in the very last chapter
the part where lechuck says "what... i.. um..."
I noticed this too. There are more problems like this, which was caused due to buggy descumm output. My dialog line splitter worked on those buggy scripts and scummbler compiled the missleading blocks in a way that some code is never executed. I can fix those problems too, by manually fixing the decompiled scripts. I filed a bug report at ScummVM, but somehow I doubt that they will fix it anytime soon, since it is not critical for the ScummVM project.

Last edited by LogicDeLuxe; 07-31-2010 at 06:00 AM.
LogicDeLuxe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-31-2010, 08:54 PM   #218
abhakam
Lurker

Thank LogicDeluxe

I just like to appreciate the work you all done.
The experience of playing Monkey Island again with voices is refreshing
the nostalgic feel with a touch of new, just make the game more enjoyable as it already was
and no, changing the art style for me ruins the game.. old school pixel art seriously rules!

Although the game has some issues, like some line has no voices or line said by wrong characters..
but it doesn't hinders the enjoyment of the game

Again, thanks for the AWESOME work!
Hope to see the future of this great project
abhakam is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-01-2010, 05:40 AM   #219
LogicDeLuxe
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhakam View Post
Although the game has some issues, like some line has no voices or line said by wrong characters..
I'm just about to fix as many as possible. Wrong voices shouldn't be there in the final patch. Some missing lines are unavoidable, due to sloppy work with the SE to begin with. This includes one swordmaster instult, and some of Stan's price ideas.
I restricted lines with variables in it to those which actually have a matching voice file and use the placeholder lines otherwise, like "I have enough money for anything I need to buy." and "I have enough money for anything I need to buy, except a ship.". Yeah, I did implement a check, so the latter is used when the three trials are done AND you didn't got a ship yet.
Some further lines which don't have an exact match can use a close enough approximation. For instance, the swordmaster says "OK, you win.", but the voice file says "I give up, you win.".
And similar to the FM-Towns version, I include some more sounds.
I also replace most of the very low quality ingame sounds with those of the SE. Native SCUMM V5 plays 22kHz, 8bit, mono just fine. (MONKEY.001 increases to about 6.7MB)
Old 08-08-2010, 03:00 PM   #220
LogicDeLuxe
Rookie

Here is my version 0.5 beta of the CD talkie patch: http://www.mediafire.com/?ws7qat4n77cra9i
You need Python installed for this to work. I hope to get rid of this requirement in the final release.
Put the MI1_Classic_Talkie_CD_builder folder where you have MISE.exe installed.
You'll find more detailed instructions and a list of changes in the readme.

Bug reports are always welcome. Post them right here.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:36 PM   #221
Laserschwert

Notable contributor 
Unfortunately extract_classic.exe crashes (under Win7 Pro 64bit):

All the other steps seem to work, although of course there are some missing-files errors after that extract_classic-step. Running the exe on its own gives the same error.

Edit: Okay, it works in XP-mode (so it works in Windows XP).

Last edited by Laserschwert; 08-08-2010 at 07:54 PM.
Laserschwert is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-08-2010, 08:10 PM   #222
LogicDeLuxe
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laserschwert View Post
Unfortunately extract_classic.exe crashes (under Win7 Pro 64bit):
Does this one work? http://www.mediafire.com/?5xwca35c2cyvc8c
I noticed a potential problem, which should be fixed now. It didn't crash for me, though. Too bad, some protection faults aren't reliable reproducible.
Old 08-08-2010, 08:29 PM   #223
Laserschwert

Notable contributor 
I'll test it some other time.

But the first "bug" I've encountered happens when talking to the Men of Low Moral Fiber: I guess it's impossible to have the short guy giggle during the lines of the other pirates? Anyway, when he gets hit on the head, the sound seems to be wrong... although I'm not sure, what sound is played in the SE.

Old 08-09-2010, 07:52 AM   #224
LogicDeLuxe
Rookie

Quote:
But the first "bug" I've encountered happens when talking to the Men of Low Moral Fiber: I guess it's impossible to have the short guy giggle during the lines of the other pirates?
There are 16 short random giggle samples, which I will play randomly in places where the conversation pauses. That should be easy enough to do.

Quote:
Anyway, when he gets hit on the head, the sound seems to be wrong... although I'm not sure, what sound is played in the SE.
It feels that the sound plays a bit early indeed. It is where the subtitles are, but I suppose I can increase the delay slightly to better fit the animation.

Besides that, there is a bug indeed. There is supposed to appear 2 random letter between "-- " and "k --". This is easy to fix, as I just have to correct the indexes into the string.
There are 10 grunt variation, which I will play randomly in the next version.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:36 PM   #225
LogicDeLuxe
Rookie

New version: http://www.mediafire.com/file/050gb5...uilder_0.6.zip

v0.6 beta:
- Python not required anymore.
- Piranha poodles freezing before eating the meat. (all versions)
- Navigator malfunctions. (all versions)
- Ghost key cloning. (all versions)
- Storekeeper walks through mid-air when shortening the first open safe cutscene early. (all versions)
- "Use pewter wad with ???" can cause an error if it disappears from inventory, but the command isn't executed yet, ie. Guybrush is still walking to the target object.
- Men of Low Moral Fiber missing text, timing, giggling, hitting and subtitling improved.
- Cast spelling. (original SE errors)
- Firework sounds working in the DOS version. Not during conversation, though, which is a limitation of native SCUMM V5.
- On the Sea Monkey, dripping water animation speed. (enhanced CD)
Old 08-12-2010, 03:36 PM   #226
Laserschwert

Notable contributor 
The tool doesn't crash anymore, but unfortunately the classic music couldn't be extracted, and the SE music is missing tracks 22, 23 and 24.

By the way, when walking around Mêlée Town, isn't there supposed to be ambience playing? Or was that just in the SE?

Last edited by Laserschwert; 08-12-2010 at 04:00 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:19 PM   #227
LogicDeLuxe
Rookie

Quote:
The tool doesn't crash anymore, but unfortunately the classic music couldn't be extracted, and the SE music is missing tracks 22, 23 and 24.
I can see the problem. Sorry, my goofy editing. In tools\cdaudio.bat line 5, remove the part before "call miseAudioProcessing.cmd", that'll fix it.
Quote:
By the way, when walking around Mle Town, isn't there supposed to be ambience playing? Or was that just in the SE?
It's in the SE only. But I have this on my todo list. The next version will probably have ambient tracks for Mle Town and for the river on Monkey Island. Those will be only available in ScummVM, though.
Old 08-13-2010, 10:33 AM   #228
MusiclyInspired

Current Game: Wallace & Grommit
So does this mean that all the dialogue lines are properly carried over now?

"Booyah! Look out, LeChuck! Here comes Guybrush Threepwood's glowing sword of hot monkey vengeance!"
-Guybrush Threepwood, Tales of Monkey Island
MusiclyInspired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-13-2010, 03:33 PM   #229
LogicDeLuxe
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusiclyInspired View Post
So does this mean that all the dialogue lines are properly carried over now?
They should, if I didn't miss anything. If you notice any errors, please report them right here.
What I'm still doing is basically some tweaking with sounds, timing etc. to make it the perfect version. There were quite some obvious and also not so obvious goofs in the original scripts. See the readme for details.
Old 08-13-2010, 04:34 PM   #230
OzzieMonkey
Rookie

Sorry, but I have absolutely no idea how this works.
OzzieMonkey is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-13-2010, 05:20 PM   #231
Laserschwert

Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieMonkey View Post
Sorry, but I have absolutely no idea how this works.
Just read the ReadMe-file... it explains it (although you just have to copy the files into your folder and double-click one file).

Old 08-16-2010, 07:17 AM   #232
LogicDeLuxe
Rookie

New version: http://www.mediafire.com/file/bc2iij...uilder_0.7.zip

- Converting CD audio and SE music tracks. (v0.6 beta)
- "Thanks" at Stan with wrong voice. (v0.5 beta)
- Picking up yellow flower not animated. (all versions)
- Yellow petal is green at Stan's (enhanced CD)
- Random swordfighting pirates have all the same colors (enhanced CD)
- Firework colors and lightning effect. (all VGA versions)
- Blue floor color in the kitchen door from the Scumm bar, despite the kitchen has a brown floor. (enhanced CD).
- Beat the swordmaster cheat re-implemented. Cheats are only available in debug mode.
- Safe sound not playing for every move. (ScummVM problem with the SE sound)
- Added sounds for Scumm Bar chef crying, LeChuck punching Guybrush and Stan, grog machine crash and shaking, monkeys eating bananas, monkey head key and monkey bride.
- Added ambient tracks for Melee Town and Monkey Island river.
- Added accentuation differences of right and wrong insult's replies.
- Debug keys on unfeasible combinations. (DOSbox defaults, ScummVM and even native SCUMM V5)
Old 08-18-2010, 02:25 PM   #233
whaleyland
Rookie

Thanks for this latest update. It seems immeasurably better than the old updates. I feel confident that I can give this version to my friends who have never played Monkey Island before because they disliked the lack of "talkiness".

One question, though. Has anyone found a way to get LeChuck's Revenge SE working with talkie in ScummVM? Since this project seems to be wrapping up, I'd really like a copy of LeChuck to work in ScummVM. Since LucasArts actually linked talkie to the original LeChuck in the Special Edition, wouldn't it be much easier to adapt for ScummVM?
whaleyland is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-18-2010, 05:21 PM   #234
LogicDeLuxe
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaleyland View Post
Since LucasArts actually linked talkie to the original LeChuck in the Special Edition, wouldn't it be much easier to adapt for ScummVM?
It would be exactly the same work. What the SE actually does has nothing to do with this project, or how ScummVM works.
Old 08-19-2010, 02:00 AM   #235
Monkey Mania

I think it would be nice if you could lower the frequency of the voice files to match the sound quality of the classic "talkies."
Old 08-19-2010, 03:41 AM   #236
LogicDeLuxe
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Mania View Post
I think it would be nice if you could lower the frequency of the voice files to match the sound quality of the classic "talkies."
Currently, I convert all samples to Soundblaster friendly 22050 Hz, 8 bit, mono. Which is what the other Talkies for DOS did, except Loom (which is CD audio) and Indy4 (which has needlessly low 11025 Hz only). Hence, besides those exceptions, it DOES match the classic talkies.

Though, since I plan to support a ScummVM version without resampling at all, I have to implement support for multiple sample rates anyway, so a user selectable rate should be no problem to support in the final version.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:18 PM   #237
Monkey Mania

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicDeLuxe View Post
Currently, I convert all samples to Soundblaster friendly 22050 Hz, 8 bit, mono. Which is what the other Talkies for DOS did, except Loom (which is CD audio) and Indy4 (which has needlessly low 11025 Hz only). Hence, besides those exceptions, it DOES match the classic talkies.

Though, since I plan to support a ScummVM version without resampling at all, I have to implement support for multiple sample rates anyway, so a user selectable rate should be no problem to support in the final version.
Strange, the voices still sound too crisp.
Old 08-24-2010, 07:14 AM   #238
LogicDeLuxe
Rookie

New Version: http://www.mediafire.com/file/i11854...uilder_0.8.zip

v0.8 beta:
- The narrator is now available on CTRL-a.
- Talk color for the voodoo lady. (enhanced CD)
- The codewheel query now works as intended. (v0.5 beta)
- Mancomb's missing chair and blue scum. (all VGA versions)
- Cyan pixels in spinning Scumm Bar pirates. (all VGA versions)
- missing sign on the ghost ship deck. (all versions except EGA)
- Various costume regressions. (enhanced CD)
- Shaking animation of grog machine. (enhanced CD)
- LeChuck removing his sheriff costume has a cyan beard for a brief moment. (all VGA versions)
- downward flying LeChuck has flashing hands. (all VGA versions)
- line with missing voice at the Loom guy. (v0.5 beta)
- Lookout dialog. (v0.5 beta)
- Firework colors and lightning effect. (all VGA versions)
- Too bright costume palette in some rooms. (enhanced CD)
- Torch colors in jail. (enhanced CD)
- Lamp in mansion light color. (enhanced CD)
- Colored corner at the sign on the banana tree. (enhanced CD)
- Jolly Roger still visible on the mast after cooking. (all versions)
- Added additional notices for restored jokes to prevent misunderstandings.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:22 PM   #239
Krasas
Rookie

Current Game: Tales of MI
I just have to say this. LogicDeLuxe you rock! I tried your Talkie Version builder and it works amazingly (I have only tested it for a few screens so far, but I am certainly impressed)!
Krasas is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2010, 12:55 PM   #240
Laserschwert

Notable contributor 
By now this has transformed into more than just a talkie version builder... with all those bug fixes, implementations and options (Toggling the narrator? Brilliant!) it's more like to "Ultimate Classic Version Builder".

Awesome!

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Mixnmojo.com > Community Discussion Forums > SCUMM > Secret of Monkey Island - CD Talkie Edition Project