lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Rumor: Lucasarts Cancels Force Unleashed 3
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-19-2010, 11:00 AM   #1
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Rumor: Lucasarts Cancels Force Unleashed 3

http://kotaku.com/5614577/rumor-luca...ing-developers

Sounds like things are ****ty at LA right now...

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-19-2010, 11:47 AM   #2
Las
Rookie

where there is loss, there is also hope. hopefully this will mean that higher quality games will be released instead of ****tier ones in larger numbers. just because TFU is being canceled doesn't mean the end of star wars games. it just means we can finally put starkiller to rest, and with him, his strange way of holding a saber. or two sabers.
Las is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-19-2010, 01:05 PM   #3
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
It still amazes me that Lucasarts would even need a Shake up... They do Star Wars Stuff, I mean, you could put a Star Wars Sticker on Dog S***, and make a killing, they need shooting up, never-mind shaking up. Make another Jedi Knight game, or an SPRPG KotOR and watch the awards come flying at you.

adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-19-2010, 05:53 PM   #4
The-Seraphim
Rookie

Current Game: Starcraft 2
^
Or Star Wars: Battlefront 3? :3

"If you're thinking about self-destructing, let me give you one piece of advice: it hurts like hell." ~ Heero Yuy
The-Seraphim is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-19-2010, 06:26 PM   #5
truJedi
Rookie

well that sucks .....

... I am Jacks Smirking Revenge
truJedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-20-2010, 04:34 AM   #6
DeadYorick
The Keeper of Peace

Current Game: Pheonix Wright
I am finding it a little odd they are intending to stop planning for a sequel to a game that hasn't been released yet.

"There's gotta be a better way to make a living"
-Kyle Katarn
DeadYorick is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-20-2010, 06:49 AM   #7
deesnyder
Rookie

Current Game: COD Black ops
Thank god... Atleast the top level's know how to not live a lie... Haden Blackman ended up thinking TFU was a smashing success because it sold 6 million worldwide even though it got a mere 7.0 rating at gamespot... Massive sales are expected cause c'mon, its "starwars" You give fans the most crappiest game they'll buy it. I'd vouch for that because i would do the same... Maybe this meegan guy will start churning out some real good stuff now...

Any idiot can get an airplane off the ground, but an aviator earns his keep by bringing it back anytime, anywhere, under any circumstances that man and God can dream up.

Walter Cunningham, 'The All-American Boys,' 1977

Gaming Config:

512mb geforce 9800GT clocked @ 666, 1674, 1145
2GB DDR2 RAM clocked @ 496 on 2.15v VDIMM
AMD Athlon 2 x4 635 2.9ghz clocked @ 3.6ghz on cooler master hyper tx3
vcore = 1.410v
35c idle and 50c full load(no push pull config)
deesnyder is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-20-2010, 10:49 AM   #8
JediAthos

Current Game: Defiance
Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
News Flash: TFU was a smashing success. It made Lucasarts millions and probably well outsold it's development cost. The critical rating matters absolutely zero to a game developer so long as people buy the game and it is profitable.

Now...as far as a shakeup at Lucasarts goes I'm not sure that cutting off your external developers is such a good idea because companies such as Bioware and Obsidian etc...are good at what they do. I'd have to think back a long way to come up with a game developed strictly at Lucasarts that was a monumental success. The cancellation of an already in development TFU III likely means that this new president either doesn't think much of the series or doesn't think that another one would be a good idea from a business prospective. Lucasarts did need a shakeup imo because aside from a few things much of what they're churning out over there has been dribble. I would love to see them move away from all of this kids stuff (Clone Wars anyone) and get back to things like the KOTOR, Battlefront, and Jedi Knight franchises.

"You'll find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

JediAthos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-20-2010, 07:33 PM   #9
DeadYorick
The Keeper of Peace

Current Game: Pheonix Wright
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediAthos View Post
News Flash: TFU was a smashing success. It made Lucasarts millions and probably well outsold it's development cost.
Outselling the development cost is the primary goal when a game is first released. If a game doesn't it is very likely it will not get a sequel.

TFU did so and then some.

"There's gotta be a better way to make a living"
-Kyle Katarn
DeadYorick is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-21-2010, 12:24 AM   #10
LordOfTheFish

Current Game: Tomb Raider
Forum Veteran 
There is no need for a TFU3 anyway.

But I can't really tell if this is going to be a bad or good thing. Clearly, (and I've said this before) LucasArts is so blind Jesus couldn't heal the. It amazes me how they refuse to give fans what they want...

LordOfTheFish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-21-2010, 11:22 AM   #11
Darca Lar
Forumite

Current Game: Dragon Age Origins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Las View Post
it just means we can finally put starkiller to rest, and with him, his strange way of holding a saber. or two sabers.
Oh good god! Its not even that bad. Why do people insist on making such a big deal out of this?

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow, a mystery. Today is a gift...that is why it is called the present.
Darca Lar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-21-2010, 01:12 PM   #12
Las
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darca Lar View Post
Oh good god! Its not even that bad. Why do people insist on making such a big deal out of this?
it may not be a big deal to you, but it's not only myself having a quite substantial issue with his faggy way of wielding the notorious lightsaber. check the 'backhanded saber' thread for specific people also hating this.
Las is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-21-2010, 10:51 PM   #13
JediSithLordAdas
Rookie

they definitely need to bring out a TFU3, but still lookin forward to playing TFU2 even though its not out yet, they'd be crazy not to, as long as we can get the choice to use whatever lightsaber style we want to use, whether doublebladed like darth maul, or single like he had in the 1st or 2 lightsabers as he is using in TFU2

"May The Force Be With You"

JediSithLordAdas is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-22-2010, 11:36 PM   #14
Maphisto86
Rookie

Well nothing is set in stone even if this rumor is true. I find it idiotic that Lucasarts would not have any external development in the future. It's been a long time since Lucasarts has made anything really good on it's own and Paul Meegan and the other suits over there will probably be kicking a dead horse if they try. Then again who knows . . . the future is always in motion.
Maphisto86 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2010, 12:12 AM   #15
Samnmax221
I never Kipled

Current Game: Sex with women
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Good.
Samnmax221 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2010, 10:04 AM   #16
Zwier Zak

Sounds like good news to me.
Zwier Zak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-25-2010, 03:13 PM   #17
Darca Lar
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Las View Post
it may not be a big deal to you, but it's not only myself having a quite substantial issue with his faggy way of wielding the notorious lightsaber. check the 'backhanded saber' thread for specific people also hating this.
Well I guess this wouldn't be the internet if there wasn't a subject someone didn't hate. As far as the franchise being cancelled by the new boss and the third party developers no longer in the equation, im curious as to what they'll work on next.

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow, a mystery. Today is a gift...that is why it is called the present.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:31 PM   #18
truJedi
Rookie

hhhmmmm good point ^^^^ (was going to say TFU3..but no lol)
maybe a new jedi knights game oorrrr **whispers** console version kotor III ......

... I am Jacks Smirking Revenge
truJedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-26-2010, 06:52 AM   #19
JediAthos

Unfortunately without any confirmation of anything all we can do is speculate. I would hope that if LucasArts does decide to revisit those iconic franchises it will be with their former partners and not strictly internally because honestly I think if they choose to do it themselves they'd just %$@# it up.

"You'll find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

Old 08-28-2010, 12:18 AM   #20
Darca Lar
Forumite

I would love another jedi knights game! Espescially on the next gen system. If they did I would hope they do an overhaul on every aspect of the franchise.

Old 08-28-2010, 08:02 AM   #21
Zwier Zak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darca Lar View Post
I would love another jedi knights game! Espescially on the next gen system. If they did I would hope they do an overhaul on every aspect of the franchise.
I'm with you.
Zwier Zak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-28-2010, 12:22 PM   #22
RebornWookiee
Rookie

LA sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post
http://kotaku.com/5614577/rumor-luca...ing-developers

Sounds like things are ****ty at LA right now...
First Kotor 3 now this. What will they think of next. They are really startin to get on my nerves. Its funny how the cancel games that people want, and games that are good. Dont get it. Suck it LA
RebornWookiee is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-28-2010, 04:13 PM   #23
JediAthos

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebornWookiee View Post
First Kotor 3 now this. What will they think of next. They are really startin to get on my nerves. Its funny how the cancel games that people want, and games that are good. Dont get it. Suck it LA
Meh...I don't see an overwhelming need for TFU III unless they're going to go in a different direction with it. I like TFU, but Starkiller's story needs to wrap up in TFU II imo.

As for KOTOR 3...well that's another thread

There are lots of reasons developers cancel things...but something had to be done at Lucasarts, and if this little shuffle results in slightly less crappy products then I'll get over it.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Force Unleashed > General > The Force Unleashed 2 > Rumor: Lucasarts Cancels Force Unleashed 3