lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Cutscene voice audio nearly inaudible
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-14-2010, 06:40 PM   #1
nitroxide
Lurker

Cutscene voice audio nearly inaudible

I got FU on Steam and started playing it. In game audio seems to work fine, but when it comes to the cutscense, the voice audio can barely be heard. The music and sound effects seem to be at full volume, but the voice is barely understandable and it gets drowned out in the scene causing the story to be irrelavent. I have the audio settings set to have voice atleast 5-6 notches higher than the music and sound effects volume (to try to fix the issue, it didnt) so i'm not understanding whats happening. This seems to only happen in the cutscenes.

System:

cpu: i7 930
mobo: asus p6x58d-e
ram: 6gb dominator 1600
vid: pny 9800 gt
sound: x-fi titanium
nitroxide is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-15-2010, 05:53 AM   #2
Las
Rookie

it's just like that for me as well. my only solution was to put on subtitles, because there was no fixing the sound.
Las is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-26-2010, 09:10 AM   #3
lokidaniel
Lurker

I had the same problem, my fix is to set the EPU-6 engine profile to high performance before playing the game.
I read in other forum that the problem may be because when playing the cutscenes file (BINK movies) the auto profile will automatically change to power saving mode.

Hope this help.
lokidaniel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-31-2010, 12:22 AM   #4
nitroxide
Lurker

what is the epu-6 engine and how do i change the profile?
nitroxide is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Force Unleashed > General > Troubleshooting > Cutscene voice audio nearly inaudible