lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: TFU 2 Needed to be alittle longer
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-27-2010, 05:12 PM   #1
JonChaos6
Rookie
 
JonChaos6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 15
TFU 2 Needed to be alittle longer

Well no offense but i think their should at least been more to the game to make it longer before beating it but other then that the story was good just wish it was alittle longer. other then that the game was good.


Stormtroopers fear me!!!!
JonChaos6 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-27-2010, 06:50 PM   #2
MajinMikeyX
Rookie
 
MajinMikeyX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 247
Current Game: Halo Reach, BFBC2
Yeah the game and story were good, I loved it. It was pretty short though. It was kinda confusing too how the missions were separated. I thought it was just like 4-5 big missions, but they were actually seperated. Like the Salvation mission I though was looooooongggg but really it was cut in half somewhere making it 2 separate missions.

I'd kill for this to be like, a long campaign of missions and the game took like 30 hours to beat, WITH the same gameplay and everything.


"All too easy."
MajinMikeyX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-27-2010, 07:00 PM   #3
truJedi
Rookie
 
truJedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Uranus ....
Posts: 158
^^^^ that would be AWSOME !!!!!!
im kinda saddened that so many people have said that it was soo horribly bad
because of how short it was. But TFUI wasnt that long anyways.... so i dunno.


... I am Jacks Smirking Revenge
truJedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-27-2010, 07:02 PM   #4
GeneralPloKoon
Just a Time Traveller
 
GeneralPloKoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 1,532
Current Game: Borderlands (PS3)
I heard some say TFU2 is even shorter than the first TFU.
GeneralPloKoon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-27-2010, 07:06 PM   #5
truJedi
Rookie
 
truJedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Uranus ....
Posts: 158
then the emperor has already won...N0O0O0O0O0O0O!!!!!!!!!!!
oh well watever lol i played through number like a bajillion times anyways
so yeh haha


... I am Jacks Smirking Revenge
truJedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-27-2010, 08:44 PM   #6
MajinMikeyX
Rookie
 
MajinMikeyX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 247
Current Game: Halo Reach, BFBC2
Well I mean, TFU1 was kinda short itself, so I have NO CLUE as to why people thought TFU2 was gonna be any different when it came to length. I don't mind it that much really, it's actually smart in a way, because it's not like an RPG, where things get progressively harder and you level up over a long amount of time.

This game would just get really repetitive if it was the same game with 20+ hours added to it, unless it had RPG elements with a bit of free roam environments and the same combat as it has now, which I think would make a pretty fun game. Combining elements from Jedi Knight, KotOR, TFU and GTA..


"All too easy."
MajinMikeyX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-29-2010, 01:36 PM   #7
JonChaos6
Rookie
 
JonChaos6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 15
well i wish the challenges werent so hard to get stuff from should of been you can unlock anythign reguardless of the medal you get i mean gold to unloack the good stuff is not my thing specially when i want my saber crystals. plus they are so hard they need to make a difficulty setting for the challenges depending on the persons play style for the game or go off the difficulty you beat the games story on for the challenges at least. also got a problem with a jumptrooper stuck in a wall in the salvation level after you beat the terror walker and i cant kill him is the only bug ive noticed in the game so far for the PS3 version my brother has the 360 version and has the same problem.


Stormtroopers fear me!!!!
JonChaos6 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-31-2010, 02:04 PM   #8
captmorgan72
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 10
I think that probably too much time/money was spent on the CGI cutscenes then on the core game. I still really loved this game despite it being rather short however.

I liked how they kept things open to interpretation instead of wrapping everything up in a bow. Is Starkiller really a clone or did Vader simply resurrect him as he did in the first game after impaling him and throwing him into space?

Did anyone else notice that Vader based his Terror Troopers off of General Grievous? He remembers how deadly Grievous was and the face-masks of the Terror Troopers reflect that.

I thought it was interesting the way Starkiller was having his flashbacks suggesting he may not be the clone Vader said he is. Learning from Sidious, Vader has become quite good at manipulation. Convincing Starkiller that he is a simple clone and not the template, Vader could continue trying to recreate his perfect weapon while keeping Galen on a leash, but of course things don't go as planned. I do believe that Vader intended to finally kill him though in the beginning of the game because he had finally succeeded in his goal. To see what that was you have to make the darkside choice at the end.

Last edited by captmorgan72; 10-31-2010 at 02:10 PM.
captmorgan72 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-31-2010, 10:44 PM   #9
Sordid Dreams
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by captmorgan72 View Post
Did anyone else notice that Vader based his Terror Troopers off of General Grievous? He remembers how deadly Grievous was and the face-masks of the Terror Troopers reflect that.
Actually, Vader (unlike, say, Shaak Ti) doesn't have much of a reason to remember Grievous as scary. He only met him once and the encounter consisted of little more than the general running away from him after exchanging some insults. But yes, it's still a nice touch.
Sordid Dreams is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-01-2010, 03:12 AM   #10
deesnyder
Rookie
 
deesnyder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 114
Current Game: COD Black ops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sordid Dreams View Post
Actually, Vader (unlike, say, Shaak Ti) doesn't have much of a reason to remember Grievous as scary. He only met him once and the encounter consisted of little more than the general running away from him after exchanging some insults. But yes, it's still a nice touch.
It's things like this that blows the cannon to hell.

But one thing i really didn't understand is why are people giving the story a good rating... I mean didn't all you "die hard" fans know that vader can't use force lightning cause he can risk shorting out his survival suit

The small burst of lightning in the beginning is acceptable, but

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!spoiler alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the scene at the ending??? WTF??? Drawing power from the elements and feeding so much lightning to vader and he still survives???

END OF SPOILER,

Why the hell is lucas licensing even existing??? It's unacceptable, and fans who commend them for this should think again. A company such as lucasarts that gets a gazillion boo's for a product shall take that one yay it gets and transfer that into a success, just to save face, in this case the dev team of force unleashed.... It's just a matter of time before another dud product (TFU 3) comes out and the people who supported this product will definitely end up hating it...


Any idiot can get an airplane off the ground, but an aviator earns his keep by bringing it back anytime, anywhere, under any circumstances that man and God can dream up.

Walter Cunningham, 'The All-American Boys,' 1977


Gaming Config:

512mb geforce 9800GT clocked @ 666, 1674, 1145
2GB DDR2 RAM clocked @ 496 on 2.15v VDIMM
AMD Athlon 2 x4 635 2.9ghz clocked @ 3.6ghz on cooler master hyper tx3
vcore = 1.410v
35c idle and 50c full load(no push pull config)
deesnyder is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-01-2010, 05:18 AM   #11
starkiller1157
Rookie
 
starkiller1157's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by deesnyder View Post
vader can't use force lightning cause he can risk shorting out his survival suit
the scene at the ending??? WTF??? Drawing power from the elements and feeding so much lightning to vader and he still survives???
I agree with you. In return of the jedi, Vader came in contact with very little force lightning-to be honest I don't know how the force lightning bounce back at him :S -but Starkiller using that much force lightning, it should have killed him!


"I've got a bad feeling about this!"
starkiller1157 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-01-2010, 06:18 AM   #12
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith
 
adamqd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,192
Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Lol, people are only just realizing TFU cheapens and retcons the events that happened in the Original trilogy?


adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-01-2010, 07:17 AM   #13
Sordid Dreams
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by deesnyder View Post
It's things like this that blows the cannon to hell.
I think that's the least of this game's problems. What really blows the canon to hell is the whole idea that being in love somehow brought Starkiller over to the light side. But in the films it works completely the other way around, attachment and fear of loss are what brought Vader to the dark side. So in TFU2 we have this paradoxical scene where Vader tries to make Starkiller let go of his attachment to Juno - which is exactly what Yoda did with Anakin in Ep 3.
The ending is completely backwards, too. When Kota pleads with Starkiller to go back and help the outgunned Rebels, a selfless lightsider would let go of his attachment and turn back. Only a selfish darksider would abandon the larger cause and pursue his own personal passions. This applies to the final choice as well. The reason why Starkiller is convinced to spare Vader is that a dead Vader can't tell him if he's really Starkiller or just a clone. That's a selfish, dark side reason. A selfless lightsider would set his own personal feelings aside. Again there's the contrast with Ep 3. Anakin makes the choice to let Palpatine live for his own selfish reasons and it brings him to the dark side. But Starkiller making the exact same choice for the exact same kind of reason is somehow a light side choice? That's why I think the writers don't know the first thing about Star Wars and why in my mind Starkiller is firmly on the dark side.
Sordid Dreams is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-01-2010, 10:51 AM   #14
starkiller1157
Rookie
 
starkiller1157's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sordid Dreams View Post
What really blows the canon to hell is the whole idea that being in love somehow brought Starkiller over to the light side.
That thought did come to me. And you're right, "love" was Anakin's down fall, so why wouldn't it be for Starkiller. He's just-if not more-obessed with his love interest like Anakin was. He had no care for the rebelion he started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sordid Dreams View Post
That's why I think the writers don't know the first thing about Star Wars
I've felt like this towards many Star Wars Expanded Universe productions. It's more about "their" version of Star Wars, whether then actually getting the facts right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sordid Dreams View Post
in my mind Starkiller is firmly on the dark side.
I don't even think we know which side he's on, to be honest. He started out a Sith, but its not like it was clear he was a Jedi at the end of TFU1. Just that he hade a self-less sacrifice.
And the writers don't explain where he stands in TFU2. We don't even know if he's a clone or not. His side on the light or dark are pretty vage, at least to me =/


"I've got a bad feeling about this!"
starkiller1157 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-01-2010, 11:35 AM   #15
Sordid Dreams
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkiller1157 View Post
I don't even think we know which side he's on, to be honest. He started out a Sith, but its not like it was clear he was a Jedi at the end of TFU1. Just that he hade a self-less sacrifice.
And the writers don't explain where he stands in TFU2. We don't even know if he's a clone or not. His side on the light or dark are pretty vage, at least to me =/
Yeah, that's another thing. Kota keeps blabbering about how nobody can clone a Jedi, so it really puzzles me that Starkiller never uses the obvious retort "I'm not a Jedi". Same thing in TFU1, when he says he's never been a Jedi before. Well newsflash, boy, you're not a Jedi. Pretending to have turned against your Sith master does you not a Jedi make. I have a feeling the writers know so little about SW that they use the term "Jedi" to mean "any generic light-sided force user".
As I said, I think his actions clearly indicate that he's on the dark side. I have my reservations about him starting out as a Sith, too. The whole apprenticeship to Vader was a sham, a trick. Vader never honestly intended to overthrow the Emperor with Starkiller, he was just going to use him. I therefore seriously doubt he imparted any actual Sith teachings to him. More likely he just taught him to use the Force and the glowstick to kill people, then - if you pardon the pun - unleashed him on the Galaxy. Same thing as being called a Jedi, having a red lightsaber and using Force lightning doesn't make him a Sith.
As for his sacrifice, that has got to be one of the dumbest moments in the entire storyline. Notice when Palpatine lies on the floor and Kota tries to dissuade Starkiller from killing him, Starkiller points out to him that it's a trick and Palpatine isn't really beaten? He's fully aware it's a feint. But then he lets go of his anger and falls for the trick anyway. So I don't view his death so much as a sacrifice but rather as a justly deserved consequence of the astounding stupidity he displays in that scene. I mean, come on! He deactivates his lightsaber and turns his back on the most powerful individual in the Galaxy that he just said is stronger than anyone suspects and only feigning defeat. There isn't enough facepalm in the world for that.
Also, wasn't killing the Emperor kinda the whole reason for forming the Rebellion in the first place? So what's the bloody point of it if you don't do that when you have the chance? These games make even less sense than Episode 1, and that's saying a lot.

Last edited by Sordid Dreams; 11-01-2010 at 11:45 AM.
Sordid Dreams is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-01-2010, 03:17 PM   #16
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?
 
Prime's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Cybertron
Posts: 12,349
Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkiller1157 View Post
-but Starkiller using that much force lightning, it should have killed him!
Palpatine lightning > starkiller lightning.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-01-2010, 05:30 PM   #17
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith
 
adamqd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,192
Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post
Palpatine lightning > starkiller lightning.


Quote of the Week


adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-02-2010, 12:18 AM   #18
GeneralPloKoon
Just a Time Traveller
 
GeneralPloKoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 1,532
Current Game: Borderlands (PS3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post
Palpatine lightning > starkiller lightning.
Ahhhhhh yeah!
GeneralPloKoon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-04-2010, 10:15 AM   #19
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?
 
Prime's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Cybertron
Posts: 12,349
Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamqd View Post
Lol, people are only just realizing TFU cheapens and retcons the events that happened in the Original trilogy?
Actually, now that I am learning more, I think it shows Vader to be pretty badass.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-04-2010, 09:51 PM   #20
MajinMikeyX
Rookie
 
MajinMikeyX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 247
Current Game: Halo Reach, BFBC2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post
Actually, now that I am learning more, I think it shows Vader to be pretty badass.
This.


"All too easy."
MajinMikeyX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-05-2010, 02:17 AM   #21
deesnyder
Rookie
 
deesnyder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 114
Current Game: COD Black ops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post
Palpatine lightning > starkiller lightning.
That can't be entirely possible, especially with the last scene for 2 reasons,

1. Electronics don't care which lightning is greater, 100v or 1000v can cause a power surge enough to throw the life support off balance.

2. According to starwars universe, force lightning is amplification of a jedi's/sith's electricity flowing through their body which all living beings thrive on... it can be measured in milli volts. So if starkiller draws power from elemental lightning which in a single discharge measures a million volts coupled with the amplification of his body's electricity, i think its safe to say that

Starkiller lightning > than or = Palpatine lightning (at that particular scene). which IMO is enough to make vader want to see luke with his own eyes.

Prime, please don't ditch us, you're slowly turning to the dark side.


Any idiot can get an airplane off the ground, but an aviator earns his keep by bringing it back anytime, anywhere, under any circumstances that man and God can dream up.

Walter Cunningham, 'The All-American Boys,' 1977


Gaming Config:

512mb geforce 9800GT clocked @ 666, 1674, 1145
2GB DDR2 RAM clocked @ 496 on 2.15v VDIMM
AMD Athlon 2 x4 635 2.9ghz clocked @ 3.6ghz on cooler master hyper tx3
vcore = 1.410v
35c idle and 50c full load(no push pull config)
deesnyder is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-05-2010, 11:13 AM   #22
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith
 
adamqd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,192
Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post
Actually, now that I am learning more, I think it shows Vader to be pretty badass.
Vader was and always will be badass, in fact there is no greater Badass in History, and this has been known to me since 1980.

I meant the several other abortions that occur throughout the 2 games which I shall not go into because, well I dont care... Just wanted to make it clear that my Comments which didn't include Vader, do not point to me as a Vader Hater or someone not in the know about Vader's Badassness... Phew!

See how exhausting Flame bait and Hyperbole can get lol


adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-05-2010, 11:23 AM   #23
Blix
Veteran
 
Blix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Aboard the Ravager
Posts: 865
Current Game: Morrowind & Dark Arisen
I agree, it could've been a little longer despite the multiple level scenarios on the different planets.


Blix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-05-2010, 02:12 PM   #24
Omeganian
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 15
Any DLC being planned?
Omeganian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-08-2010, 09:12 AM   #25
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?
 
Prime's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Cybertron
Posts: 12,349
Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by deesnyder View Post
2. According to starwars universe, force lightning is amplification of a jedi's/sith's electricity flowing through their body which all living beings thrive on... it can be measured in milli volts. So if starkiller draws power from elemental lightning which in a single discharge measures a million volts coupled with the amplification of his body's electricity, i think its safe to say that

Starkiller lightning > than or = Palpatine lightning (at that particular scene). which IMO is enough to make vader want to see luke with his own eyes.
Do you have a direct quote for that from a reliable source? My understanding is that Force lightning is a physical manifestation of corrupting the Force, and not simple electricity. Not saying your wrong, just that I've never seen that in an official source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesnyder View Post
Prime, please don't ditch us, you're slowly turning to the dark side.
Oh, don't worry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamqd
Vader was and always will be badass, in fact there is no greater Badass in History, and this has been known to me since 1980.
Agreed! My point was I am glad to see Vader being portrayed as not only obscenely powerful, but a cunning villain and tinkerer. In recent years I feel he has been watered down too much. To me much of Vader's badassery comes from the fact that he doesn't have to flip around and lightning everyone a la Starkiller, just manipulate everyone and defeat them with cunning and strength.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamqd
I meant the several other abortions that occur throughout the 2 games which I shall not go into because, well I dont care... Just wanted to make it clear that my Comments which didn't include Vader, do not point to me as a Vader Hater or someone not in the know about Vader's Badassness... Phew!
Fair enough. I probably jumped the gun there, sorry. I just tend to see much of the complaints about the story being the way they treat our beloved Vader. Sorry dude!

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-08-2010, 12:33 PM   #26
Blix
Veteran
 
Blix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Aboard the Ravager
Posts: 865
Current Game: Morrowind & Dark Arisen
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_lightning


Quote:
Force lightning was a purely offensive, energy-based attack that channeled Force energy down the user's limbs, hurling arcing bolts of electricity from the wielder's fingertips or palms; Force lightning could be executed with either one or two hands.[5][2] Powerful discharges would branch out into dozens of smaller forks; thus, skilled practitioners could target several foes at once.[15]

The intensity varied based on a number of factors. A skilled user could render a target unconscious with only a short burst. A single, powerful blast was sufficient to kill a person instantly. Darth Bane's lightning, for example would often electrocute his opponents to death on contact. Galen Marek was another Force-user who could channel lightning that would kill on contact. Both Kyle Katarn and Darth Sidious could conjure lightning so powerful that not only would it instantly kill its target, it would also physically hurl them backwards.

The fact that it caused not only severe physical damage but also unbearable agony to the victim led to it being widely used as a form of torture.[2] Palpatine, at the Battle of Endor repeatedly assaulted Luke Skywalker with the lightning, and Darth Malak used it upon Bastila Shan, having captured her onboard the Leviathan and having brought her to Lehon, where he converted her to the dark side.[2]

Depending on the level of intensity, Force lightning could ground itself on an ignited lightsaber, with no apparent ill effect on the lightsaber's operation.[16] Powerful light-siders were sometimes able to resist the attack, or even block the lightning completely. Mace Windu, with his lightsaber combat form Vaapad, could reflect the lightning back to its source with a "superconducting loop". It required tremendous effort on the reflector's part, however, as seen in Windu's battle with Palpatine; Windu was seemingly able to overcome Palpatine's lightning. Obi-Wan Kenobi was also able to deflect Count Dooku's lightning, with his lightsaber, without exerting much effort as well. Galen Marek, with his lightning shield, could deflect even Palpatine's force lightning back at him.

Force lightning could also be absorbed and redirected by a Jedi of sufficient skill; Yoda demonstrated this ability by both deflecting and absorbing the dark power during battles with Count Dooku and Emperor Palpatine, using nothing more than his own two hands.[16] Galen Marek was also able to block Palpatine's lightning with only his bare hands and keep walking towards him at the same time. Luke Skywalker attempted this, and succeeded for a short amount of time, before the Emperor's attack overwhelmed him.[17]

There existed an advanced version of Force lightning which may have been used by the Jedi Exile and Revan in the Jedi Civil War. Its destructive potential was legendary; the apocalyptic power was known as Force Storm[18][19]. Marek used this power on the giant sarlacc during his fight with Shaak Ti.

Also, Galen Marek's clone, if in a rage, was able to produce lightning at such intensity that it literally vaporised the target. This is the strongest known use of the power.



Last edited by Blix; 11-08-2010 at 12:39 PM.
Blix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-08-2010, 02:48 PM   #27
deesnyder
Rookie
 
deesnyder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 114
Current Game: COD Black ops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blix View Post
Well, i guess it would have to be the last sentence.

Please don't mind. Its just that i was really pissed of about the story making the cannon look like a hap hazard story. I mean, we all know that the EU states vader was never able to use force lightning cause it would short out his life support. Why would they still use that QTE as the final takedown is really beyond me.

My point is, where do these dev's look for ideas??? Must've been a really bad hangover as i stated earlier or a bad acid trip.


Any idiot can get an airplane off the ground, but an aviator earns his keep by bringing it back anytime, anywhere, under any circumstances that man and God can dream up.

Walter Cunningham, 'The All-American Boys,' 1977


Gaming Config:

512mb geforce 9800GT clocked @ 666, 1674, 1145
2GB DDR2 RAM clocked @ 496 on 2.15v VDIMM
AMD Athlon 2 x4 635 2.9ghz clocked @ 3.6ghz on cooler master hyper tx3
vcore = 1.410v
35c idle and 50c full load(no push pull config)
deesnyder is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-08-2010, 02:58 PM   #28
Sordid Dreams
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 164
I think you're taking it far too seriously. The only point of the TFU games is to look cool. Not make sense, not fit into the rest of the canon and EU, just look cool.
Sordid Dreams is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-08-2010, 03:27 PM   #29
Zerimar Nyliram
Senior Member
 
Zerimar Nyliram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Pittsburgh, PA USA
Posts: 1,449
Forum Veteran 
Except that they do fit into the rest of the canon and EU.

Nevertheless, I do agree that their purpose for existence is all about the spectacle.


Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-08-2010, 07:29 PM   #30
MajinMikeyX
Rookie
 
MajinMikeyX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 247
Current Game: Halo Reach, BFBC2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blix View Post
Hmm..this is a different article than what it used to be, but this new article makes Kyle Katarn and Galen look like badasses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesnyder View Post
Well, i guess it would have to be the last sentence.

Please don't mind. Its just that i was really pissed of about the story making the cannon look like a hap hazard story. I mean, we all know that the EU states vader was never able to use force lightning cause it would short out his life support. Why would they still use that QTE as the final takedown is really beyond me.

My point is, where do these dev's look for ideas??? Must've been a really bad hangover as i stated earlier or a bad acid trip.
I honestly try to disregard when Vader uses lightning in that last battle with him. When he started shooting at me I was like "wait...wtf???" And for the final QTE I started laughing while I was doing it because it was just so crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sordid Dreams View Post
I think you're taking it far too seriously. The only point of the TFU games is to look cool. Not make sense, not fit into the rest of the canon and EU, just look cool.
Umm..the point of them are actually to fit into canon and EU...whether people like it or not, it's considered canon. But, it was made to look cool in the process.


"All too easy."
MajinMikeyX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-08-2010, 07:45 PM   #31
Sordid Dreams
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinMikeyX View Post
Umm..the point of them are actually to fit into canon and EU...whether people like it or not, it's considered canon. But, it was made to look cool in the process.
Yeah, except as you've been discussing it kinda doesn't fit. Which tells me the fitting was a secondary goal at best, the looking cool came first.
Sordid Dreams is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-08-2010, 09:31 PM   #32
MajinMikeyX
Rookie
 
MajinMikeyX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 247
Current Game: Halo Reach, BFBC2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sordid Dreams View Post
Yeah, except as you've been discussing it kinda doesn't fit. Which tells me the fitting was a secondary goal at best, the looking cool came first.
Well yeah, just that bit with Vader using lightning and all, but otherwise I think it fits nicely.


"All too easy."
MajinMikeyX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-08-2010, 10:02 PM   #33
Sordid Dreams
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 164
Well that's just the point. Why does he use lightning? There's no reason for it, in terms of gameplay mechanics it's just a way for him to deal damage to the player. He could've just as easily used his signature choke for that. Oh, wait, that doesn't come with a cool visual effect...
Plus there's more than that anyway. What about the cloning of Force-sensitives? And a ship barely larger than a TIE fighter having a cloaking device (not to mention individual soldiers having cloaking devices), and vastly overblown Force powers, and holodroids that are able to not only mimic living beings flawlessly (while every other hologram in the galaxy is monochrome and interlaced) but even replicate a Jedi's Force powers?
Sordid Dreams is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-08-2010, 11:12 PM   #34
MajinMikeyX
Rookie
 
MajinMikeyX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 247
Current Game: Halo Reach, BFBC2
The lightnings just a gameplay thing yeah, since it's not in any cinematics. The cloning of force-sensitives is a story based element though, not the cool-looking factor.

Ship "barely larger"?

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__...w_TIE_size.jpg

I don't know if 5-6 times bigger is considered barely larger. The cloaking device is surely for the cool-factor but it played a role in the story of TFU1 so it's not JUST for the cool. Cloaked soldiers were in KotOR 2, and that's a few thousands of years before this time, so it's pretty convincing for me.

The story itself fits into canon, but the Force powers are exaggerated. It would be one thing if it was everyone else using the Force at the level we see in the movies and then Starkiller was using them at the unleashed level, but the game's supposed to up-scale the level of the force for everyone. I remember an old interview or webdoc or something before TFU1 was released, and the guy said that the first level of TFU1, where you play as Vader was supposed to be the indicator that the force in this game is exaggerated for all force users, hence the title.

You got me there with the proxy droids or holodroids except that Proxy only uses force powers in gameplay, and not in any cinematics. He does use lightsabers in cinematics however, but so does Grevious.


"All too easy."
MajinMikeyX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-09-2010, 12:33 AM   #35
Sordid Dreams
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 164
Nah-uh, I don't think the cloning is a story-based element. That may sound paradoxical, but the cloning thing never really comes up in a significant way, the only way it crops up is in the repeated conversations between the protagonist and Kota along the lines of "I'm a clone", "No you're not", which sound more like throwaway lines than serious character development. The protagonist's nature and origin are never resolved, ergo they aren't really important for the plot. The exact same story (Starkiller escapes Vader, Vader kidnaps Juno, Starkiller fights Vader and frees Juno) could've been told by just having Vader revive Starkiller as he had done once in the past. The only thing it really affects is the final battle taking place on the Kamino cloning spires, and since that's pretty rubbish from a gameplay point of view, the only point of it I can see is the spectacle.
For the Rogue Shadow's size, I'm going by the Dagobah 'level' where it actually appears in gameplay next to a human-sized Starkiller. Note that Vader's TIE also appears in such a way on Cato Neimoidia and seems spot on in terms of size, so presumably the RS is also modelled accurately.
Cloaking devices are supposed to had been in widespread use, then lost and only barely re-introduced by the time of Palpatine's reign and then only on capital ships. That's what the wiki says anyway. Let's not even get into how a society completely stagnates for thousands of years with no apparent technological improvements, please.
The Foce powers may be exaggerated, but the authors still claim Starkiller is the most powerful Force user to ever enter into the canon and some of the insane stuff he does in the games is apparently taken seriously, so I don't think you can just ignore that with a handwave.
Now it might be possible to explain some of these away but I think we can agree that in terms of fitting into the canon, the game only really seriously bothers with the broader picture. When you look closer, some of the details seem at least a bit odd, I'd say.

Last edited by Sordid Dreams; 11-09-2010 at 01:13 AM.
Sordid Dreams is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-09-2010, 01:14 AM   #36
MajinMikeyX
Rookie
 
MajinMikeyX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 247
Current Game: Halo Reach, BFBC2
How is the cloning not a story-based element? It's used to confuse Starkiller(and the person playing) whether he's a clone or not. Sure, it doesn't develop the characters very much but the mentioning of whether he's a clone or not between Starkiller and Kota and when Vader tells Starkiller he's a clone are both significant things regarding that question.

The Rogue Shadow's scale in the Dagobah level is a little off, like most Starwars games are when having the player standing next to their ship. The ship's supposed to be pretty big, I'd compare it to the Millennium Falcon, or at least the Outrider. Just look back to TFU1, in the interior of the ship, most notably in the cutscene inside the ship after completing Kashyyyk, that space is a huge open room inside.

C'mon, from KotOR to the PT and OT the droids change at least

When did they ever say Starkiller was the most powerful Force-user in the canon? The most powerful force-user I'm assuming would've been Luke later in life when he's a Jedi Grand Master, as by that time Luke could do things Starkiller wouldn't imagine being able to do.


"All too easy."
MajinMikeyX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-09-2010, 04:41 AM   #37
Sordid Dreams
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinMikeyX View Post
How is the cloning not a story-based element? It's used to confuse Starkiller(and the person playing) whether he's a clone or not. Sure, it doesn't develop the characters very much but the mentioning of whether he's a clone or not between Starkiller and Kota and when Vader tells Starkiller he's a clone are both significant things regarding that question.
Actually it's not used to confuse him at all. He accepts that he's a clone right from the start, when Vader tells him the visions are a side effect of the memory flashes used to train him. He doesn't say "are you sure?" or "I don't believe you, I think they're my own memories", he says "what if they don't fade?". In that question you already have an implicit acceptance of what Vader told him. Then throughout the story the protagonist is completely sure he's a clone and tries to convince Kota of it, both before the rather ambiguous Dagobah vision and afterwards. And in the end he doesn't even care. When he confronts Vader, he doesn't yell "tell me the truth, am I a clone or not!?", he's all about Juno, Juno, Juno. True, the promotional materials for the game do stress the question of whether he's a clone and imply that searching for the answer is going to be important, but in the actual game it's really not. And if the protagonist doesn't care, why should the audience?

Quote:
The Rogue Shadow's scale in the Dagobah level is a little off, like most Starwars games are when having the player standing next to their ship. The ship's supposed to be pretty big, I'd compare it to the Millennium Falcon, or at least the Outrider. Just look back to TFU1, in the interior of the ship, most notably in the cutscene inside the ship after completing Kashyyyk, that space is a huge open room inside.
Even a Millenium Falcon-sized ship couldn't have a cloaking device if that imperial officer in Ep 5 is to be believed. Also, the interior of the MF was larger than the exterior even in the movies.

Quote:
C'mon, from KotOR to the PT and OT the droids change at least
The droids change? How, exactly? The only change in droids I can see between Kotor and the SW saga proper is that 4000 years before Palpatine astromech droids drive with their side wheels in the front and their middle wheel in the back. Oh, and they wobble their head in addition to turning it. I guess getting rid of the head wobble is the latest breakthrough in astromech droid technology in the SW universe. After 4000 years of development. Yep, that's progress alright.

Quote:
When did they ever say Starkiller was the most powerful Force-user in the canon? The most powerful force-user I'm assuming would've been Luke later in life when he's a Jedi Grand Master, as by that time Luke could do things Starkiller wouldn't imagine being able to do.
TVTropes says so. You wouldn't doubt TVTropes, would you?
Sordid Dreams is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-09-2010, 07:11 PM   #38
MajinMikeyX
Rookie
 
MajinMikeyX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 247
Current Game: Halo Reach, BFBC2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sordid Dreams View Post
Actually it's not used to confuse him at all. He accepts that he's a clone right from the start, when Vader tells him the visions are a side effect of the memory flashes used to train him. He doesn't say "are you sure?" or "I don't believe you, I think they're my own memories", he says "what if they don't fade?". In that question you already have an implicit acceptance of what Vader told him. Then throughout the story the protagonist is completely sure he's a clone and tries to convince Kota of it, both before the rather ambiguous Dagobah vision and afterwards. And in the end he doesn't even care. When he confronts Vader, he doesn't yell "tell me the truth, am I a clone or not!?", he's all about Juno, Juno, Juno. True, the promotional materials for the game do stress the question of whether he's a clone and imply that searching for the answer is going to be important, but in the actual game it's really not. And if the protagonist doesn't care, why should the audience?
Confuse wasn't the right word...but I meant that Starkiller is told he's a clone to cast doubt to the characters involved like Kota, and to the audience whether he really is a clone or not.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sordid Dreams View Post
Even a Millenium Falcon-sized ship couldn't have a cloaking device if that imperial officer in Ep 5 is to be believed. Also, the interior of the MF was larger than the exterior even in the movies.
Not really. It slightly does but not quite. It has a "house effect" I like to call it. A house can be a certain size that you don't think is too big, but inside it's bigger than you thought because now you're inside going through various rooms. The same applies to the MF. But the RS is just huge in the interior in cutscenes and average-sized when you're outside of it.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Sordid Dreams View Post
The droids change? How, exactly? The only change in droids I can see between Kotor and the SW saga proper is that 4000 years before Palpatine astromech droids drive with their side wheels in the front and their middle wheel in the back. Oh, and they wobble their head in addition to turning it. I guess getting rid of the head wobble is the latest breakthrough in astromech droid technology in the SW universe. After 4000 years of development. Yep, that's progress alright.
Just look how much more sleek and sexy R2-D2 is compared to T3-M4. It's like a DS Lite compared to an original DS.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sordid Dreams View Post
TVTropes says so. You wouldn't doubt TVTropes, would you?
I've never even heard of TVTropes, but anybody who's read EU during times when Luke's a Jedi Master should know that Luke is pretty damn powerful.


"All too easy."

Last edited by MajinMikeyX; 11-09-2010 at 07:26 PM.
MajinMikeyX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Force Unleashed > General > The Force Unleashed 2 > TFU 2 Needed to be alittle longer

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:06 PM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.