lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: FInished GF. what now?
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-23-2009, 10:59 PM   #1
dj_alfi
Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 10
FInished GF. what now?

I feel like there is absolutely nothing to live for now that I've finished Grim Fandango.

What am I supposed to do now?

It feels like a spouse has died
dj_alfi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-24-2009, 12:13 AM   #2
Samuel Dravis
 
Samuel Dravis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 4,973
Now you should play the rest of the old Lucasarts adventures.

Although I admit, Grim is one of the best. Can't decide between it and Full Throttle.


"Words are deeds." - Wittgenstein
Samuel Dravis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-24-2009, 08:21 PM   #3
Sallim
Forumite
 
Sallim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: moenchengladbach /germany/europe
Posts: 664
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_alfi View Post
I feel like there is absolutely nothing to live for now that I've finished Grim Fandango.

What am I supposed to do now?
I yes, I can feel the pain and emptiness that plagues you. I started to rebuild a 3d location of the LSA, named everything ( pc's in the network) Sal_[insert something], printet out some GFT-shirts and still wanna do some more.

You could start to play an instrument, a violin i.e. to play some GF tunes on it ( like him http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XOSOkMlXTw )

Something that reminds you of GF, that brings you back to Rubacava at nights.


- supreme pleasure -
Sallim is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-25-2009, 12:14 AM   #4
urluckyday
Up all night to get lucky
 
urluckyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Beautiful USA
Posts: 2,761
Current Game: Red Orchestra 2
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
Uhh...idk remember what I did.

I just remember I was playing...and I finished...and I've been blacking out regularly ever since...

Wait, was I talking?



If I die today, I'm happy how my life turned out
urluckyday is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-25-2009, 10:17 PM   #5
MeddlingMonk
Veteran
 
MeddlingMonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_alfi View Post
I feel like there is absolutely nothing to live for now that I've finished Grim Fandango.

What am I supposed to do now?(
Click on the little picture at the bottom of this post.

(No, this isn't a variation on 'pull my finger'.)
MeddlingMonk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-04-2009, 12:32 PM   #6
Andychs
Rookie
 
Andychs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Singapore
Posts: 14
Current Game: FM2010, Fifa2K10
i finally finish GF, after 5 years???!!

i played it once on my old PC running win2k, could get pass the first part, where u go to the poisoning, just couldn't find where to go. at that time i didn't really know much about puzzles or walkthrough available.

Recently i been digging up old games, since my laptop cannot run newer games like Fifa2k10 & FM2010. so finally reloaded GF, i did hang a few times... but i manage to compete it with help from walkthrough...

my biggest mistake... i thot those golden doors was my "big boss" room, hence i didn't bother going near it. and kept thinking i had to leave the building to find the location.

anyway. awesome game, but a lot of missing parts and question marks. would be nice if the ending talks about what happens after u kill the bad guy....


“Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealously. The shadow of greed, that is.” - Yoda

Andychs is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-02-2009, 05:25 PM   #7
Tall Guy
Est. 1985
 
Tall Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: England
Posts: 1,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeddlingMonk View Post
Click on the little picture at the bottom of this post.

(No, this isn't a variation on 'pull my finger'.)
Monk! you old dog

If I read this again it will only be for the 26th time, meaning I've probably missed something...Better just to read again

Tall Guy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-02-2009, 10:14 PM   #8
MeddlingMonk
Veteran
 
MeddlingMonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Guy View Post
Monk! you old dog

If I read this again it will only be for the 26th time, meaning I've probably missed something...Better just to read again
If you haven't read the revised version, maybe you have 'missed' something at that.

Speaking of versions, I really (rant alert) wish there were an easy way to convert to the epub format and retain existing formatting. I can run my OOo file through calibre and I just get a pretty awful-looking e-book. The font formatting for the section/chapter headings is lost and I don't see any good way to make the sections into 'chapters' (and scrolling through one long, continuous text is not fun). So far there's only a proposal to give OpenOffice an export-to-epub function, and the only third-party options I can find mostly involve special templates and the prospect of moving a 120,000+ word novel to a new template is scary. I have a fantasy that someone with XML experience would do it for me. Hah. My other fantasy involves finding an illustrator. (Any other fantasies I have aren't suitable for disclosure.)
MeddlingMonk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-02-2010, 12:42 PM   #9
Mr_Calavera
Rookie
 
Mr_Calavera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Left Coast
Posts: 23
Play it again, see if the ending's different.
Mr_Calavera is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-12-2010, 12:12 AM   #10
DJB
Lurker
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeddlingMonk View Post
If you haven't read the revised version, maybe you have 'missed' something at that.

Speaking of versions, I really (rant alert) wish there were an easy way to convert to the epub format and retain existing formatting. I can run my OOo file through calibre and I just get a pretty awful-looking e-book. The font formatting for the section/chapter headings is lost and I don't see any good way to make the sections into 'chapters' (and scrolling through one long, continuous text is not fun). So far there's only a proposal to give OpenOffice an export-to-epub function, and the only third-party options I can find mostly involve special templates and the prospect of moving a 120,000+ word novel to a new template is scary. I have a fantasy that someone with XML experience would do it for me. Hah. My other fantasy involves finding an illustrator. (Any other fantasies I have aren't suitable for disclosure.)
Woh. MeddlingMonk, you are still around? I think I have a 9 year old e-mail from you with your original version of your novel. If you ever get it converted over to epub properly make sure to post it. I'll convert it over myself using calibre as well for my Kobo e-reader, but likely will lose most of the formatting. Maybe convince the girlfriend to read it, then she may figure out why I named the cat Meche.
DJB is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-13-2010, 03:35 PM   #11
MeddlingMonk
Veteran
 
MeddlingMonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB View Post
Woh. MeddlingMonk, you are still around?
Yep. Still around.

The epub version is sort of on hold. I found a free open-source utility for converting texts to epub and also capable of formatting them, which is great, but it's at an alpha stage of development, which is bad, but at least it's in active development. I keep testing it whenever there's an updated version release but it continues to make way too many conversion errors. Calibre does a better job of the initial conversion so I may end up starting with calibre and then fixing things and creating chapter divisions with Sigil. But neither is preserving tabs which bugs me because I don't like block paragraphs. It may just be a matter of playing with things and finding what works/looks best.
MeddlingMonk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Grim Fandango Discussion > General Forums > The Calavera Café > FInished GF. what now?

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:45 AM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.