lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Adding animations and skeleton
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-06-2010, 08:48 AM   #1
supermegafernandator
Rookie

Adding animations and skeleton

I have started to make some models, I just take two models and mixed them with milkshape 1.8.2, I have taken the head from one model, and the body from another. I want to know how I could put the animations into that glm model, I heard something about xsi, and milkshape has xsi importer and exporter but I'm not sure how to do it.

Thanks.
supermegafernandator is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-06-2010, 10:43 AM   #2
Psyk0Sith
3D Tech Support

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
You need a program that has the proper rigging tools, XSI or 3D studio max 4 to 8.

Next you have to go through the whole rigging process (it's a process and not a simple click and save), once completed export the scene then compile it with carcass to get the final .glm.

Psyk0Sith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-07-2010, 02:11 PM   #3
supermegafernandator
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyk0Sith View Post
You need a program that has the proper rigging tools, XSI or 3D studio max 4 to 8.

Next you have to go through the whole rigging process (it's a process and not a simple click and save), once completed export the scene then compile it with carcass to get the final .glm.
Ok, I have 3d Studio max 8, I have exported glm model from milkshape to fbx and loaded it with 3d studio max, I have the jedi academy skeleton for 3d studio max that you have in your web page, and I have the xsi exporter plugin, but I couldn't find an importer plugin.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:15 PM   #4
Psyk0Sith
3D Tech Support

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
You shouldnt need an XSI importer, only the export matters. If you want to import .glm from the game, try this one

Psyk0Sith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-07-2010, 05:30 PM   #5
supermegafernandator
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyk0Sith View Post
You shouldnt need an XSI importer, only the export matters. If you want to import .glm from the game, try this one
The problem about that importer, is that It doesn't load textures with Jedi Academy models, if I load an fbx model it load them. Does it matter?

Old 12-07-2010, 06:19 PM   #6
supermegafernandator
Rookie

Anyway, the program always crashes when I try to attach the bones to the mesh with the fbx model, It doesn't happen with the glm model.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > JA Modeling > Adding animations and skeleton