lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Endor DLC announced!!!, New Skins Pack for 1$
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-02-2010, 03:37 PM   #41
deesnyder
Rookie

Current Game: COD Black ops
What really ticked me off was the gorog scene where starkiller deals the final blow... I mentioned this in one my earlier posts... Its an exact ditto version of the wolverine dealing the final blow to an experimental mark 1 sentinel(see x-men origins wolverine)

Watch this:- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hfyp58CjBKM ...

You see??? I mean people who support this game blindly just decided to look past this... Gamespot which is known for its blunt reviews actually overlooked this... Not to the mention the doors with the detachable cells on the salvation... that too was copied...

I actually remember hayden in an interview(about 4 or 3 years ago before the release of TFU 1) talking about how kota is this samurai style jedi and how he doesn't give a damn about lightside, darkside etc etc... yes he actually mentioned that... All i saw was kota preaching like a saint about the lightside in both games...

I agree with sordid here... It was complete laziness on the developers part... guess hayden was smoking pure afghan for the last two years... although that should've given him some ideas

It's good to see everyone voicing their dislikes aloud here...

Any idiot can get an airplane off the ground, but an aviator earns his keep by bringing it back anytime, anywhere, under any circumstances that man and God can dream up.

ó Walter Cunningham, 'The All-American Boys,' 1977

Gaming Config:

512mb geforce 9800GT clocked @ 666, 1674, 1145
2GB DDR2 RAM clocked @ 496 on 2.15v VDIMM
AMD Athlon 2 x4 635 2.9ghz clocked @ 3.6ghz on cooler master hyper tx3
vcore = 1.410v
35c idle and 50c full load(no push pull config)

Last edited by deesnyder; 12-02-2010 at 03:42 PM.
deesnyder is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-02-2010, 04:12 PM   #42
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Dude, it's not that people ignore it; it's that they either don't know about it or don't care. This is the first time I've heard of this (and frankly, I'm not entirely convinced it even is a ripoff. It's not exactly the first time anyone's ever thought to have a free-fall sequence; and I didn't think the way the bosses were tackled at the end were all that similar). The Wolverine movie was utter crap, so I doubt a great many people played the game adaptation in the first place.

You might be right in that it could very well be taken from that other game, but it could also simply be coincidence. As I said, free-falling sequences where the player dodges debris aren't exactly a rare thing; and the boss at the end, well, I frankly don't see enough evidence to support that it is a direct ripoff. But even if it is, I don't mind. As the old proverb goes, there isn't anything new under the sun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-02-2010, 05:08 PM   #43
mstr kenobi
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sordid Dreams View Post
What I would absolutely love to see is a game with Kotor-style story, dialog, inventory, and level design, but TFU-like combat instead of the lame turb-based mess Kotor itself had. Mass Effect did that for first person shooters, I think it's about time somebody did it for hack and slash as well.
I always dreamed of this, ever since i played Deus Ex, "how awesome would be Jedi Knight game with this features".

Anyway, people are already starting to do it, it's called Assassin's Creed.
Depending on your point of view Batman Arkham Asylum (it's a hero that has some tricks that could equate with powers) is that kinda game aswell.

As always lucasarts is a bit behind the curve, maybe it will happen once they drop the TFU franchise.
mstr kenobi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-02-2010, 06:04 PM   #44
Sordid Dreams
Rookie

That proverb is a load of bull, given that we have computers and stuff people a hundred years ago couldn't even dream of.

Anyway, if anything, that bit where a smaller character flies weapon-first right through a huge character is ripped from any number of anime shows. Which is appropriate, given that Ep 4 was a rip off of Kurosawa's The Hidden Fortress.

@Kenobi: Ya, AC's great, but it doesn't have lightsabers or magic powers. And it's focused heavily on stealth. Which is fun, but not very starwarsy. Although now that I think about it, a Jedi stealth game might actually be pretty good. They're acrobatic, they can use mindtrick and stuff, there's a lot of potential for a stealth-based game. And it would be more in tune with the films. Kenobi didn't go slashing up stormtroopers left and right on the Death Star, he managed to sneak about completely unnoticed.
Sordid Dreams is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-02-2010, 06:25 PM   #45
Alexrd

Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
That proverb is a load of bull, given that we have computers and stuff people a hundred years ago couldn't even dream of.
Erm, you missed the purpose/meaning of the proverb...

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-02-2010, 06:45 PM   #46
Sordid Dreams
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post
Erm, you missed the purpose/meaning of the proverb...
I can only respond to what it says.
As for its purpose, as far as I can tell that's to be a glib witticism.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:10 PM   #47
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
But you kind of proved it to be true with your very next paragraph.

Quote:
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Old 12-02-2010, 07:28 PM   #48
Sordid Dreams
Rookie

No I didn't. "Nothing old under the sun" isn't any more true.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:12 PM   #49
Alexrd

Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
No I didn't. "Nothing old under the sun" isn't any more true.
It's true for what was being discussed. In this case, the free-falling sequence.

And regarding Ep. IV, there's a difference between being based on something (which was the case), and being a rip off.

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-02-2010, 09:46 PM   #50
Sordid Dreams
Rookie

How exactly can a sweeping, generalized statement be true for one particular instance and not for another? Precisely because it's sweeping and generalized with words like "everything" and "nothing" it's either true in all cases or simply false. You may try to argue as much as you want, but there's no escaping the fact that seeing one instance of an idea recycled and re-used and concluding that therefore all ideas are endlessly recycled and no new ones are created is just patently absurd. I have a particular kind of disdain for sayings like this, precisely because of this. They seem wise and timeless, but when you examine them closely they turn out to be nothing but inane drivel. I believe each idea deserves to be judged on its own merits rather than be subjected to such generalizations. Thought-stopping cliche, I believe the pop-psychology term is. Feel free to disagree, as usual my feelings won't be hurt in the slightest.

Yes, there is a difference. Namely that the latter involves shamelessly re-using elements of the original work without giving any kind of acknowledgement within the new work itself.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:07 AM   #51
mstr kenobi
Rookie

Quote:

@Kenobi: Ya, AC's great, but it doesn't have lightsabers or magic powers. And it's focused heavily on stealth. Which is fun, but not very starwarsy. Although now that I think about it, a Jedi stealth game might actually be pretty good. They're acrobatic, they can use mindtrick and stuff, there's a lot of potential for a stealth-based game. And it would be more in tune with the films. Kenobi didn't go slashing up stormtroopers left and right on the Death Star, he managed to sneak about completely unnoticed.
Don't get me wrong, i'm a big Star Wars geek and i'm starving for the same thing that you are, my point was, some people are already doing the gamestyle that you (we) are asking for, it's just lucasarts that is behind the curve with their hack n slash.

Hopefully now that AC has gone multiplayer, and is established as one of the big franchises in gaming nowadays they'll follow suit, i mean come on... they can't keep their eyes closed that much can they?

And about stealth, i agree completely, it would ad a lot to the game, using your brain a little doesn't hurt
Old 12-03-2010, 01:14 AM   #52
mstr kenobi
Rookie

double
Old 12-03-2010, 05:00 AM   #53
deesnyder
Rookie

Woah woah woah... now you're just fine - lining everything... It doesn't take much to understand that it's a rip - off... why do you insist on giving me proverbs??? As far as proverbs are concerned, it's just a verbal manifestation of a "certain" individual's experience, which felt applicable to people who cannot take decisions on their own... That being said it doesn't necessarily have to be the same for me as well...

"A stitch in time saves nine can be contradicted" with "Think before you leap" which is why proverbs don't work on me...

As for a stealth star wars game, i've been dreaming about this sort of game for quite some time... Infact it is quite possible, given the scene in ep3 where the clone after receiving the "order 66" move in to kill yoda... At that moment you see yoda stressing a bit to switch on the lightsaber, but there's no ignition sound... Would be perfect for stealth kills...

Any idiot can get an airplane off the ground, but an aviator earns his keep by bringing it back anytime, anywhere, under any circumstances that man and God can dream up.

Gaming Config:

vcore = 1.410v
Old 12-06-2010, 12:13 PM   #54
Master-Kyle-Leeson09
Rookie

A stealth SW game...mmmm, plenty of potential, except the "canon" thing matters a lot to some of SW fans, so there's creativity needed. I'm working on a fanfiction where stealth makes a big difference to the characters' survival (won't say more, it's not even 10% complete yet), so I might have ideas for it later.

There was some stealth in KOTOR1 and KOTOR2, and a level in JO where you had to sneak around...Still, a game focused on that would be interesting.

I'm thinking it might be possible for showing Obi-Wan during his Tatooine exile--he had to deal with Tusken Raiders canonically, and even fought a fellow Jedi Master who came close to falling to the dark side, so there's combat there. Perhaps some puzzle-solving and shadowing the young Luke Skywalker without being seen?

KOTOR-period, could show the Jedi Exile when she wandered the galaxy, especially before she returned to the Republic as a diplomat (just before getting spirited away to Peragus where KOTOR2 starts).

Could show Lumiya in Legacy of the Force, sneaking around, avoiding detectiong--Jacen Solo did similar in politics on his path to becoming Darth Caedus.

There's potential, and some established canon to expand on, but it's probably easiest with Obi-Wan. What do you think?

I am Kyle, one of the most powerful Sith Assassins in history, now a Jedi Knight with attitude.
Master-Kyle-Leeson09 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-06-2010, 03:16 PM   #55
Sordid Dreams
Rookie

There's plenty of stealth in the canon. In Ep4 Obi Wan sneaks about on the DS for god knows how long completely unnoticed until he chooses to reveal himself to Vader, in Ep6 Luke hides from Vader (in what, if you look closely, is completely empty space!). Ep1 has the Jedi crawling through ventilation ducts as well as sneaking about in a droid-infested city before they rescue Amidala, Ep2 has Obi Wan making his way through the Separatist base on Geonosis and eavesdropping on their conversation, and in Ep3 Obi Wan hides aboard Amidala's ship, the little sneak. I'd say that's plenty of precedent to justify making a stealth game with a Jedi protagonist.

Old Obi Wan's boring and done to death. I don't think the Jedi Exile would work either. If you set it before Peragus, she's going to be without any force powers and without a lightsaber, and that's just not going to be any fun.
I'd say there's no reason not to use a brand new character. How about a period just after Kotor 2? The Jedi are all but gone from the Galaxy and the population at large isn't exactly friendly towards those that are left, providing a nice justification for a more stealth-based approach. And make her a weakling this time. Lord Starkiller the Overpowered is fun, but tossing dozens of stormtroopers about gets pretty boring pretty quick. Make it a challenge to take on more than one or two enemies at a time, force the player to think about what they're doing so that they don't just rush forward and slaughter everybody.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:35 PM   #56
Mandalorian Mercenary
Rookie

He has a point Although I did find it quite enjoyable mercilessly butchering hordes of stormtroopers

And has any played the Force Unleashed 2 yet? I found the difficulty level laughable, I beat the WHOLE thing on hard, except for the final fight with Vader for the sake of time xD

"If at first you don't succeed, hire a mercenary to do the job for you. At least they'll get it done right."
Mandalorian Mercenary is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-06-2010, 06:54 PM   #57
Sordid Dreams
Rookie

Yep, definitely very easy. Beat it on insanity without any trouble. Vader was laughable. It took a stupidly long time, but it wasn't difficult. Unlike the first game, you have a steady supply of lesser enemies (= health) during the fight, so it becomes a cycle of parry his attack - slash him - slaughter the clones while he jumps to the next platform - deflect the tanks he throws at you - jump onto the next platform - parry his attack... booooo-riiiiing after the first repetition. The only variation is that you can mindtrick the clones instead of killing them yourself, then let Vader slaughter them for you while you go make yourself a cup of coffee or something.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:17 PM   #58
mstr kenobi
Rookie

Quote:
Old Obi Wan's boring and done to death..
You take that back right now!!!!! lol

On topic, balancing stealth/fun can be tricky sometimes, i don't like those games with "the alarm has been sounded, game over", that JO level was a pain like that, but i love those, that with some patience and smarts you can thin their numbers and make things easier for you and then you can, maybe, decide "i'll take the rest head on".
Old 12-06-2010, 09:18 PM   #59
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Yeah, who says he has to be old, anyway? He went into exile immediately after the events of Revenge of the Sith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesnyder
[stuff]
It also doesn't take much to understand that such sequences are extremely common in games, that the way the boss is brought down at the end is hardly similar at all, that it could be an unlucky (or lucky, depending upon how you look at it) coincidence, or that it doesn't matter even if it is a ripoff because these things happen with games all the time (God of War button triggers, anyone?). Not to mention that your rant was extremely out of place in this thread. I have no idea what it has to do with the new DLC.

Quote:
Old 12-06-2010, 09:47 PM   #60
Mandalorian Mercenary
Rookie

The new DLC isn't available for PC, I assume? It'd be nice to get Endor somehow..

"If at first you don't succeed, hire a mercenary to do the job for you. At least they'll get it done right."
Mandalorian Mercenary is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-07-2010, 12:32 AM   #61
Arannor

Current Game: SWTOR
^Don't know if they will release it for PC or not.

TFU2 Facebook page has confirmed today there is one week left before the Endor DLC release.

NwŻl tash.
Dzwol sh‚sotkun.
Sh‚sotjontŻ ch‚tsatul nu tyŻk.
TyŻkjontŻ ch‚tsatul nu midwan.
MidwanjontŻ ch‚tsatul nu asha.
AshajontŻ kotswinot itsu nuyak.
Wonoksh Qy‚sik nun.
Arannor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-07-2010, 02:17 AM   #62
deesnyder
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerimar Nyliram View Post
It also doesn't take much to understand that such sequences are extremely common in games, that the way the boss is brought down at the end is hardly similar at all, that it could be an unlucky (or lucky, depending upon how you look at it) coincidence, or that it doesn't matter even if it is a ripoff because these things happen with games all the time (God of War button triggers, anyone?). Not to mention that your rant was extremely out of place in this thread. I have no idea what it has to do with the new DLC.
You don't seem to be getting my point so, screw it... As far as my "rants" concerned i was merely sharing my points with sordid... If you felt you didn't like it, you shouldn't have bought yourself into the conversation anyway.

Gaming Config:

vcore = 1.410v
Old 12-07-2010, 05:04 AM   #63
Sordid Dreams
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstr kenobi View Post
You take that back right now!!!!! lol

On topic, balancing stealth/fun can be tricky sometimes, i don't like those games with "the alarm has been sounded, game over", that JO level was a pain like that, but i love those, that with some patience and smarts you can thin their numbers and make things easier for you and then you can, maybe, decide "i'll take the rest head on".
I will not! Maybe it's the prequels' fault, but both Obi Wan and Yoda now look like such lying, manipulative bastards that I honestly don't want to see them ever again.
I blame Lucas.

And yeah, that's pretty much the way I imagined it. JO was an action game, the stealth element was just a one-off and therefore poorly done. I'd like to see something like The Saboteur. Very open, free-roaming environments with NPCs and enemies, vehicles, some building climbing and free running, and some combat. What I absolutely love about that game is that you can't win a fight. It's very much like GTA in that respect, the best you can hope for is to hold off the enemy for a while, but as the alarm level increases you will eventually be overwhelmed. Combat is there only to enable you to take out a few enemies that present an immediate obstacle, then vanish again into stealth mode. I think that would convey the hopelessness of the Rebels' cause in the face of overwhelming Imperial military might very nicely, much like The Saboteur does for the French resitance versus the Nazi occupation. Notbaly, in The Saboteur you can't 'win' in that respect either. The best you can do is make the situation a bit better for the people, but at the end the Nazis are still in power.

Quote:
Yeah, who says he has to be old, anyway? He went into exile immediately after the events of Revenge of the Sith.
Yeah, but if there's to be any meaningful interaction with Luke, as the other guy suggested, then it's going to have to be set a few years later. Babysitting a toddler does not a good game make.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:38 AM   #64
Zwier Zak

Quote:
I will not! Maybe it's the prequels' fault, but both Obi Wan and Yoda now look like such lying, manipulative bastards that I honestly don't want to see them ever again.
I blame Lucas.

And yeah, that's pretty much the way I imagined it. JO was an action game, the stealth element was just a one-off and therefore poorly done.
Agreed on the first part.

On the JO thing. I must disagree that level was fun, I don't think it was done poorly in any way.
Zwier Zak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-08-2010, 12:56 AM   #65
Arannor

Gamespot has the first trailer for the Endor DLC> http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/s...37;3Bthumb%3B5

This looks very cool, makes me even more excited to buy it.

Complaint about what I saw in the trailer (SPOILER)
Show spoiler

NwŻl tash.
Dzwol sh‚sotkun.
Wonoksh Qy‚sik nun.
Old 12-08-2010, 03:21 AM   #66
Maphisto86
Rookie

Neat idea for a DLC but since I was disappointed by the gameplay in the first game, I think I will pass on the Force Unleashed II until it is A LOT cheaper. I do like the storyline for the Force Unleashed saga but damn the gameplay is not the same. While I love force punting little furry aliens I am going wait on it.
Maphisto86 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-08-2010, 05:20 AM   #67
deesnyder
Rookie

Wow.... THe trailer made me not want the dlc.... Starkiller looks so laughable... THe costume and his face, all of it... The sith face texture is hilarious... Looks more like a black panther now.. Kotor's dark side transitions look wayyyy better than this...

Gaming Config:

vcore = 1.410v
Old 12-08-2010, 05:41 PM   #68
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed Jedi View Post
Complaint about what I saw in the trailer (SPOILER)
Show spoiler
spoiler:
Agreed. This isn't like the first game's DLC where the events of the entire original Trilogy are drastically altered because Darth Starkiller replaces Darth Vader. With the dark side ending to TFU2, I would imagine that the events of the Trilogy would have played out pretty much the same, with the exception that Vader still has his secret apprentice. Maybe having such a powerful character working behind the scenes would make things different, I don't know, but I definitely think that those differences would not have been all that dramatic, especially where the main characters are concerned.

Now, it is worth noting that Leia does battle Darth Vader using Luke's lightsaber in Splinter of the Mind's Eye, which takes place between Episodes IV and V and is canon; however, both Luke and Leia were under the influence of the Kaiburr Crystal at that time, which honed their connections to the Force and made them more powerful than they would have otherwise been at that point.

Other than that, I think the trailer was fairly cool. My only gripe is the whole battling Ewoks thing, but I never liked the Ewoks to begin with. They ruined three fifths of an otherwise good movie.

On the other hand, it might be fairly satisfying to mow them down . . .

Quote:
Old 12-08-2010, 10:21 PM   #69
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Someone has to say it, so I'll say that that outfit is about a bijillion times less cool than the one he has in the alternate ending.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-09-2010, 01:11 AM   #70
Arannor

Quote:
spoiler:
Agreed. This isn't like the first game's DLC where the events of the entire original Trilogy are drastically altered because Darth Starkiller replaces Darth Vader. With the dark side ending to TFU2, I would imagine that the events of the Trilogy would have played out pretty much the same, with the exception that Vader still has his secret apprentice. Maybe having such a powerful character working behind the scenes would make things different, I don't know, but I definitely think that those differences would not have been all that dramatic, especially where the main characters are concerned.

Now, it is worth noting that Leia does battle Darth Vader using Luke's lightsaber in Splinter of the Mind's Eye, which takes place between Episodes IV and V and is canon; however, both Luke and Leia were under the influence of the Kaiburr Crystal at that time, which honed their connections to the Force and made them more powerful than they would have otherwise been at that point.
Show spoiler

Quote:
Other than that, I think the trailer was fairly cool. My only gripe is the whole battling Ewoks thing, but I never liked the Ewoks to begin with. They ruined three fifths of an otherwise good movie.

On the other hand, it might be fairly satisfying to mow them down . . .
Oh come on, how can you not like those cuddly little fur balls!

NwŻl tash.
Dzwol sh‚sotkun.
Wonoksh Qy‚sik nun.
Old 12-09-2010, 04:26 AM   #71
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
It looks like PS2... his outfit looks like a poor copy of Assassins Creed, and the Story is nothing new regarding Leia as a the Last Jedi, just check Star Wars: Infinities.

Its too little too late TBH, I honestly think TFU II is the worst Star Wars game since super Bombad Racing, and DLC wont help it IMO.

adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-09-2010, 04:27 AM   #72
deesnyder
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwier Zak View Post
Agreed on the first part.

On the JO thing. I must disagree that level was fun, I don't think it was done poorly in any way.

I loved that level... Replayed it countless times... Sneaking up behind some one and then force choking them or slicing their head off was amazing... Till date JO's been the only game that made me feel like a real jedi from the movies...

Gaming Config:

vcore = 1.410v
Old 12-10-2010, 04:41 PM   #73
mstr kenobi
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesnyder View Post
I loved that level... Replayed it countless times... Sneaking up behind some one and then force choking them or slicing their head off was amazing... Till date JO's been the only game that made me feel like a real jedi from the movies...

I agree with you that JO was awesome, and still is the best jedi game ever, but that level... i don't know, it was kinda frustrating.

As Sordid said, JO didn't have "proper" stealth mechanics, so it felt tacked on imo.
Old 12-10-2010, 04:46 PM   #74
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Yeah, try it on Jedi Master difficulty. It's hard as hell trying to keep all of the Imperials away from that switch in the huge cargo bay.

I also love Jedi Outcast. I think it had the best story out of the entire series. Still, the first Jedi Knight has always been and will always be my favorite Star Wars game for nostalgic reasons.

Quote:
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Force Unleashed > General > The Force Unleashed 2 > Endor DLC announced!!!, New Skins Pack for 1$