lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Mass Effect 3
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-10-2010, 07:02 PM   #41
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

Current Game: SWTOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk Former View Post
It's like "well... of course! tell me something that'll surprise me like "Mass Effect 3 will come with nude 12" figures of Tali"

I'd buy 50.
I'd burn 50

"Women are like sunsets… they’re beautiful, but there will be a different one tomorrow." - Gilder
Mav is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-10-2010, 07:10 PM   #42
FiEND_138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salzella View Post
If they sacrifice the single-player for the sake of an unnecessary, tacked-on multiplayer i will be a very cross man.
What they said.

FiEND_138 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-10-2010, 07:15 PM   #43
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
At least now if you don't think the game is absolutely perfect to your particular standard, you have something to blame.... I mean, other than EA specifically.

I'm still not quite sure why some people have so many complaints about ME2 since it was pretty awesome.

Lynk Former is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-10-2010, 10:54 PM   #44
stingerhs
Follow the Wolves

Current Game: Dead Space
Forum Veteran Roleplayer LFN Staff Member Helpful! 
so, yeah, this is old news (no offense), but at the very least, its exciting news.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk Former
I'm still not quite sure why some people haven't that many complaints about ME2 since it was pretty awesome.
because some people like to nitpick every last detail. if one little thing doesn't meet their expectations/standards, they like to throw a tissy fit and tell everyone how bad the game is. personally, i loathe those kinds of people.

See the struggle of the faithless lot as they negate their time
How low to sink to the depths of their frame of mind

stingerhs is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-10-2010, 11:19 PM   #45
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

Quote:
It's like "well... of course! tell me something that'll surprise me like "Mass Effect 3 will come with nude 12" figures of Tali"

I'd buy 50.
I think somebody just discovered the solution to piracy.

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-10-2010, 11:22 PM   #46
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
I'm still not quite sure why some people haven't that many complaints about ME2 since it was pretty awesome.
But I did not have the opportunity to see Tali’s face. Are you saying I don’t have the right to complain?

I really don’t care what ME3 is about as long as I see Tali’s face.

mimartin is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-10-2010, 11:45 PM   #47
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimartin View Post
But I did not have the opportunity to see Tali’s face. Are you saying I don’t have the right to complain?

I really don’t care what ME3 is about as long as I see Tali’s face.
Show spoiler
Old 12-11-2010, 02:36 PM   #48
Drunkside
Satan´s little helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
Show spoiler
A wild internet troll appeared!
The wild troll used Rapist Face Picture!
It was not very effective.

Saivo´s New demo, A Cruel Northern Land is out! Listen to it on our mikseri.net bandpage.

http://www.mikseri.net/artists/?id=117610
Drunkside is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-11-2010, 09:22 PM   #49
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

VGA Trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNLjwYaXHLE

I literally just cried happy tears.

Titanius Anglesmith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-11-2010, 09:26 PM   #50
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Alt GameTrailers link - http://www.gametrailers.com/video/vg...-effect/708363

After all the build-up, that was pretty anticlimactic. I don't understand all the teasing and such for a game we knew was coming since, what? 2006? Seems the description on the EA site that went up early was accurate - it's all about Earth. Yawn.
DarthParametric is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-11-2010, 09:30 PM   #51
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

Of course we knew about it. Maybe people get excited because it means the game is coming sooner rather than later?

But you don't seem to like anything, so you're response is expected.

Old 12-11-2010, 09:33 PM   #52
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
I wasn't talking about fan reaction, I was talking about marketing. Perhaps you should read my comments before springing into fanboy defence mode.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:53 PM   #53
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

@DP - You're the last person that should talk about reading posts before replying.

@Trailer - I'm mostly wondering if the dude in the trailer is going to play a large role, I kind of hope not we don't need another generic space marine.

"Women are like sunsets… they’re beautiful, but there will be a different one tomorrow." - Gilder
Old 12-11-2010, 10:06 PM   #54
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthParametric View Post
I wasn't talking about fan reaction, I was talking about marketing. Perhaps you should read my comments before springing into fanboy defence mode.
And I was talking about the reason for why the marketing teams release trailers like this for games we already know about. It gets people (most people) excited because it means the game is coming sooner rather than later.

For example, I know there's going to be a sequel to Kick-Ass. It's already been announced that there's going to be one at some point. Then again, I'm not excited for it right now, because there are no details about when filming will begin, who will be in it, whether it will be based directly from the sequel to the comic, etc. But the first small little detail they release about it will officially get me excited.

Old 12-11-2010, 10:34 PM   #55
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthParametric View Post
I was talking about marketing.
Coca-Cola been around since 1886 yet they still advertise. I’m really glad BioWare/EA is working hard and spending money to get a buzz about ME3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav View Post
@Trailer - I'm mostly wondering if the dude in the trailer is going to play a large role, I kind of hope not we don't need another generic space marine.
Unless it is a scantily armored female space marine.

mimartin is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-11-2010, 10:49 PM   #56
jrrtoken

I don't know about anyone else, but the entire trailer had this grim-dark, Halo 3 aura. War-torn cityscapes, multi-layered battles of the Covenant Reapers vs. mankind's tattered defenses; the fate of humanity rests on the shoulders one hero. Still, I'd like to see how they'd apply the story, and whether or not Shepard dies and miraculously pulls a Lazarus again.
jrrtoken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-11-2010, 10:57 PM   #57
Alkonium

Current Game: Guild Wars 2
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastramiX View Post
I don't know about anyone else, but the entire trailer had this grim-dark, Halo 3 aura. War-torn cityscapes, multi-layered battles of the Covenant Reapers vs. mankind's tattered defenses; the fate of humanity rests on the shoulders one hero. Still, I'd like to see how they'd apply the story, and whether or not Shepard dies and miraculously pulls a Lazarus again.
They've already stated that save files from Mass Effect 2 in which Shepard dies aren't going to be usable. Also, it'd be pretty hard to recover Shepard's body if he/she did die in Mass Effect 2.

Alkonium is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-11-2010, 11:14 PM   #58
stingerhs
Follow the Wolves

Current Game: Dead Space
Forum Veteran Roleplayer LFN Staff Member Helpful! 
actually, i like the idea that we'll see a bit of Earth this time around. all we've gotten in the past two games is a couple of codex references as to what Earth is like and nothing more. the other thing that i like is the idea that we'll see another epic battle at the end of ME3. missed that in the second one. (note: and by epic, i mean two fleets engaging in a battle. not two ships and a whacked out Reaper hatchery.)

all in all, its exciting.

See the struggle of the faithless lot as they negate their time
How low to sink to the depths of their frame of mind

stingerhs is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2010, 12:24 AM   #59
Darth_Calo
Rookie

multiplayer or no, I'm doin' cartwheels here!!! Diablo 3's postponement left a void in my gaming world which has since been patched up with Dragon Age, and now Mass Effect 3, depending on when it's released.

Proud of the Six One Seven.
We are Boston. We are strong. We will prevail.
Darth_Calo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2010, 04:07 AM   #60
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
@ DP: Every single blockbuster movie and game shows a teaser trailer even when people knew about that particular movie or game for years before that teaser was released. It's basically just saying "be a little more patient, it's on its way and here's when you should be expecting it now that we've shown you this teaser"...

Old 12-12-2010, 04:45 AM   #61
leXX
Forum Mum

10 year veteran! Hot Topic Starter LF Jester LFN Staff Member 
I'm hoping they showed London for a reason. Battling the Reapers in a sci-fi version of my home town? I just wet my knickers.

Being human totally sucks most of the time.
Videogames are the only thing that
make life bearable.
- Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2

Add me on: XBL | PSN | Last.fm | Steam
leXX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2010, 05:09 AM   #62
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

It's War of the Worlds!! *runs around screaming*

Old 12-12-2010, 05:41 AM   #63
Quanon

Forum Veteran Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Earth? Let's hope that is just one small part of the game or where the big end, face off will be. I can't imagine the reapers just pawning one planet at the time. But, hell, the trailer looked great. The ToR trailers where sweat; but this one takes it a step further.

Anyway, I can see that ME3 will be about massing up your epic army, depending on what you did in the previous games, you get the whole galaxy or just a few select races who Shepard spared x-D

Oh, well, awaiting further news.

TIQUILAAAAAAAA
Quanon is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2010, 05:43 AM   #64
leXX
Forum Mum

No need to panic, The Doctor will save us.

make life bearable.

Old 12-12-2010, 08:53 AM   #65
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanius Anglesmith View Post
And I was talking about the reason for why the marketing teams release trailers like this for games we already know about.
Quote:
Every single blockbuster movie and game shows a teaser trailer even when people knew about that particular movie or game for years before that teaser was released.
I wasn't talking about the trailer, I was talking about all that weird cryptic barcode stuff they have been going on with the last few weeks. It seems an odd play for a game everyone knew was coming, hence why there was a lot of expectation in some circles that all that plus the rumours of MP likely meant a standalone MP game set in the ME universe.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:57 AM   #66
Char Ell
Force Enlightened

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Folder extraordinaire Forum Veteran 
Looking forward to learning more about Mass Effect 3. And with the announced Holiday 2011 release time frame BioWare continues their trend of cranking out their games in shorter and shorter periods of time.

Want to battle against cancer and other chronic diseases? Join Team LFN!

Char Ell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2010, 12:45 PM   #67
Salzella
areiK

Current Game: Portal, Half-Life 2.
I liked that trailer a lot, and i suspect that the inclusion of Earth as the centerpoint is just an effort to tie the story down in easy-to-relate-to terms. I doubt it's going to lose the focus on aliens and galaxy-wide goings-on. At least i hope not.
Salzella is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2010, 01:12 PM   #68
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

It'll probably also end the Mass Effect trilogy with a question whether humanity and its role in the wider galaxy was beneficial or not to its long term survival or if it'll actually become just as evil as the Reapers... depending on how you played the game of course lol.

Old 12-12-2010, 01:37 PM   #69
Darth_Calo
Rookie

well it will probably end with the single most BAMF death they could possibly think of for shepard, which will then cause questions of not only if humanity's role will be beneficial to the galaxy at large's long-term survival, but also if humanity will survive in the long-term at all. because there will always be more reapers, and with humanity's only hope dead for good, there wouldn't be anyone obvious to stop them.

Old 12-12-2010, 02:47 PM   #70
Quanon

Forum Veteran Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Char Ell View Post
Looking forward to learning more about Mass Effect 3. And with the announced Holiday 2011 release time frame BioWare continues their trend of cranking out their games in shorter and shorter periods of time.
Don't forget they already had all their tools and engine. I'm certain they've tweaked it all further, but it's not like they had to build it all from scratch.

Nonetheless, I'm happily awaiting more info on everything the game has to offer. Curious what they'll change again or add back in: who are the new possible party members if any? All that jazz.

EDIT: I just remember that the first trailer for ME2, was Legion. That sort of "freaked out" the community to
And Legion is just a smaller part of ME2 overall story, so no doubt this Earth thing is the same.

TIQUILAAAAAAAA
Quanon is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2010, 03:08 PM   #71
Darth_Calo
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Char Ell View Post
also don't forget that Mass Effec 3 has been in development since before Mass Effect 2 came out. it was the same with Mass Effect 2, they started the development before they released Mass Effect.

as for the people apprehensive about the multiplayer, I'll remind you how big BioWare actually is? especially now that they have Electronic Arts supporting them? they can have an entire department devoted to the Multiplayer aspect of the game. and an entire department devoted to the singleplayer.

the FACT is Mass Effect was brilliant, Mass Effect 2 was epic, and Mass Effect 3 is liable to be, absolutely insane. ESPECIALLY if they let you land on earth. but I suspect Joker may die.

Old 12-12-2010, 05:37 PM   #72
leXX
Forum Mum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Calo View Post
the FACT is Mass Effect was brilliant, Mass Effect 2 was epic, and Mass Effect 3 is liable to be, absolutely insane. ESPECIALLY if they let you land on earth. but I suspect Joker may die.
You make an epic speech, and then you have to go and spoil it right at the end lol.

LEATHER SEATS!

make life bearable.

Old 12-12-2010, 11:02 PM   #73
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

I'm Commander Shepard and Joker is my favorite crew mate.

Old 12-12-2010, 11:13 PM   #74
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Current Game: KotOR II
Mass Effect 1 was a terrible game.

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Quid existis in desertum videre?
Darth InSidious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2010, 11:47 PM   #75
Arannor

Current Game: Kotor
So excited that it is Mass Effect 3! I'm glad that the focus will be on Earth it totally makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Calo
but I suspect Joker may die.
Don't say such things! They can't kill him off, that would be bad.

There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force.
Arannor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-13-2010, 01:06 AM   #76
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

I know that some people consider Mass Effect 2 to be too much of a shooter... but I actually like the improvements made to how the weapons actually felt when you compare the first game to the second.

In the first game they felt plastic and fake, like really old school sci-fi movies before Star Wars. In ME2 on the other hand, the weapons all had weight and you could sens the kickback and their power when you fired them. I like it when stuff like that feels more "real"...

Old 12-13-2010, 01:08 AM   #77
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

Elevators were infinitely better than static loading screens.

Old 12-13-2010, 01:12 AM   #78
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

I spent my time look at Tali's ass by swivelling the camera in the elevator.... to pass the time.

Old 12-13-2010, 03:54 AM   #79
leXX
Forum Mum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth InSidious View Post
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanius Anglesmith View Post
Elevators were infinitely better than static loading screens.
I completely agree, I much preferred listening to the funny conversations and news rather than watching a boring loading screen. They only changed it because of the amount of complaints people had about them, but I personally never had a problem with them.

make life bearable.

Old 12-13-2010, 04:05 AM   #80
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth InSidious View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Calo View Post
HA...what exactly didn't you like?
the exciting storyline?
the emphasis less on "good vs evil" and more on attitudes?
the engaging characters, even the ones like samesh bhatia, that made you laugh?
the fact that Mass Effect is basically KotOR meets Halo?

I admit it had flaws (elevators, excessive quantity of weapons, the fact that the weapons each have two models and they're differently colored versions of those different weapon models)

But the game was amazing, and redefined the RPG genre, much like the Baldur's Gate series. BioWare is a RPG powerhouse.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > The Outlander Club > Mass Effect 3