lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Knights of the Old Republic : The Jedi Masters 2.0
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-31-2010, 07:23 PM   #41
Drastic Improve
Lurker

Hey Guys!

How's everyone doing? I have been modding Kotor I and II for many years like many others and just decided to register on the forums

For the past year I have been going back to modding and worked on Kotor II GUI, skinning etc. I was wondering if you would like any help or need any assistance with skinning for this project? Here are just a few basic pictures I took with a new menu and main menu for TSL. I left out the font color tga for this pic. I can change it to whatever color you want, include any textures you name it. Just let me know if you would like some help.

Show spoiler

Show spoiler

Show spoiler

Show spoiler

Last edited by Drastic Improve; 01-26-2011 at 01:20 PM.
Drastic Improve is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-31-2010, 07:34 PM   #42
TriggerGod

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drastic Improve View Post
Show spoiler

Show spoiler

Show spoiler

Show spoiler
Am I the only one not able to see the images? When I tried to copy the link to my browser, it gives me a 404, so could you upload them to somewhere else? I'm personally interested to see what you've done, but thats hard to when the images don't work!
TriggerGod is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-31-2010, 07:42 PM   #43
Drastic Improve
Lurker

Hmm odd :/ I uploaded them as png so I went and fixed it. Let me know if the problem is resolved or if anyone else is having difficulty
Drastic Improve is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2011, 12:53 AM   #44
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
I can see them fine, I also think that would look very cool once you change the font color to something. Also since I just happen to be posting now, happy new years!

Dak Drexl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-20-2011, 10:53 AM   #45
salam263
Rookie

Current Game: kotor, tsl
hi, everyone. i sent a email to trex and asked how everything's going with the 2.0 and he said that he has just came back from the hospital and got a gastro intestinal infection so he's not feelin' well but he'll continue his modding when he's feeling better. ..and he told me to feel free to tell everyone on the forum, so here i am.
salam263 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-21-2011, 12:15 AM   #46
d3sd0
Rookie

Thank you I've been wondering what was going on poor Trex. Hope you feel better...

To know that one has breathed easier because you have lived is to have succeeded.
d3sd0 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-21-2011, 05:41 AM   #47
LDR
Your Death Angel

Current Game: Halo 3
Helpful! Roleplayer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Trex, I hope you heal painlessly and quickly. Hope you get better.

Forgive, but never forget. No amount of DLC can take back lying to your fan base. Trust is earned, not downloaded.

My Mods
Current Mod Thread
LDR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-23-2011, 05:31 AM   #48
Marcus22Khaar
Lurker

It's so good to know this mod is going to see a new era. I'll be waiting for updates. Hope Trex gets better!!!
Marcus22Khaar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-23-2011, 03:13 PM   #49
Doctor-Hal
Rookie

Agreed, hope you feel better Trex, your work thus far has been astronomical and inspirational.

"When the doctors cut into a patient-and it's cold, you know, the way it is now; today - steam rises from the body. And the doctor will... will warm himself over the open wound. Could anyone look on that and not feel changed?"
- M*A*S*H
Doctor-Hal is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-23-2011, 04:20 PM   #50
bendarby24
Rookie

Current Game: fable
what you could do if you wounted to have tsl and this mod so you can chioce what one you wount to do, is make a nother button on the start menu and make a folder for this mod in the kotor direct and have a new overide, stream sound.... and make a link from that button to that folder in that game so you can have tsl in one bit and room for the jedi masters in the new folder ?
bendarby24 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-24-2011, 11:16 AM   #51
Kreia001
Rookie

I think I know the response to this question but I will ask it still, are you in need of voice actors?

"She will destroy you..."
Kreia001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-18-2011, 02:43 PM   #52
Trex
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Well, I'm back.

To commemorate the occasion, here's two little videos...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUGuFyUNPRM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-1IZxjIvco

And a still screen of the new menu...

Barring a few personal preferences to be sorted, the first level (Onderon & Dxun) has been finished and is ready for Beta testing. I won't be asking for any testers until all the levels are in this state, but it's nice to note that at least one is ready.

I'm currently working through Etti and should have it finished by the end of next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreia001 View Post
I think I know the response to this question but I will ask it still, are you in need of voice actors?
I am always in need of voice actors if I can get them. Even if it's just for some random character with three lines, it adds a bit more depth and detail. If you're still interested, just PM me with a few details (rough age, gender, what kind of sized part you were thinking about).

Right now some of the parts still use computer generated voices. Adding them like this for now means all I have to do when I have the real lines is drag and drop the mp3s to the right folder. Hopefully I'll be able to get enough people for the parts.

Right now I'm playing with some of Quanon's models he kindly donated to the forum, so maybe I'll have some screen of those sometime.

KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC : THE JEDI MASTERS
PLAY THE TOTAL CONVERSION MOD NOW! . | If you're interested, my almighty fanfic can be read here.
Trex is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-18-2011, 03:17 PM   #53
Viado Onasi
Rookie

Current Game: NCAA 13
I've played, "part' of the 1.0 version and it seems really great! The animation movies were a bit, "cheesy", but showed an effort to them. I never got to the end, becuase Revan never summoned the Jedi however, and I'm looking forward to this.

Viado Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-18-2011, 04:52 PM   #54
newbiemodder
Gentleman Modder

Veteran Modder 
Nice job Trex...."rear bolts"....hilarious...

Who's more foolish, the fool or the fool that follows?

Just exactly what is a head-piece to the Staff of Ra?

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=206819

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=206541

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...t=newbiemodder
newbiemodder is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-18-2011, 06:44 PM   #55
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Current Game: The Old Republic
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Welcome back, Trex!

Will you be getting a new site to replace the old one you used to have?

It's interesting that you're back now because I was going to try and download your trailer yesterday from Filefront and it just leads to an error.

For your menu screen, I'd suggest using a font other than "Times New Roman" - which always makes at least me think of uninspired corporate or military Powerpoints. I'd suggest using Trajan Pro, as seen here.

It is a font that you're more likely to see on the artwork on the actual game boxes for KOTOR and TSL - such as this . . .

Considering trying out (or returning to) SWTOR? You may as well go through my link and help get me some SWTOR referral points!
Sith Holocron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-18-2011, 07:29 PM   #56
Lord of Hunger
Hunger, The Lord Of

Current Game: Shogun 2: Total War
Another substantial improvement, Trex! With the voiced dialog, the humor of that scene came off much better.

As of 3/14/10, TSL is restored. The Sith Lords Restored Content Modification by Stoney and Zbyl has been finished and can be downloaded here.

Lord of Hunger is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-18-2011, 07:51 PM   #57
Trex
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Holocron View Post
I'd suggest using a font other than "Times New Roman" -
Looking at my photoshop, it looks like the font is actually somethig called "Microsoft Himalaya". It seemed to match the main menu font from TSL quite well :

I might not go with it though. I'm not even sure if I'll stick with that picture.

I should be making a nice proper site soon for all my modding/ hobby stuff. I also have mods for Empire at War and Elder Scrolls oblivion I can put up there.

PLAY THE TOTAL CONVERSION MOD NOW! . | If you're interested, my almighty fanfic can be read here.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:59 PM   #58
Sith Holocron
M4-78

"Himalaya" is actually a Tibetan font.

Considering trying out (or returning to) SWTOR? You may as well go through my link and help get me some SWTOR referral points!
Old 03-19-2011, 01:01 PM   #59
logan23
Veteran

Current Game: Revenge of Revan
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Contest winner - Modding Hot Topic Starter 
Love the Videos!

The VOs bring out the scene so much better =)

Keep up the great work!

logan23 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-19-2011, 01:48 PM   #60
LDR
Your Death Angel

Current Game: Halo 3
Helpful! Roleplayer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
That scene has to be my most favorite scene in the whole game! The voice acting really brings it to life!

Forgive, but never forget. No amount of DLC can take back lying to your fan base. Trust is earned, not downloaded.

My Mods
Current Mod Thread
LDR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-06-2011, 08:59 AM   #61
Trex
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Etti IV is now finished!

Since it is a larger planet than the others, it took me a little longer, but it's finally done. That includes re-textures, all journal entries, all voiced and all fixed as far as even minor bugs go.

As the mod stands, this is probably the best way to sum it up -

- Onderon/Dxun : Finished
- Etti IV : Finished
- M4-78-B : To do.
- Telos : To do.
- Planet X : To do.
- Coruscant : To do.
- Janacks : To do.
- Mutanda or Kashyyyk (need to decide. Might just remove) : To do.
- Rhen Var and final levels : To do.
- Misc levels : To do.

It might seem like I'm only near the start, but Etti really was a big planet compared to the average size of the others. Coruscant is the only other big one. The others are either smaller or a lot more linear.

Old 05-06-2011, 12:52 PM   #62
salam263
Rookie

Current Game: kotor, tsl
Great progress your making there man! "might just remove"? that's very sad if you take away Kashyyyk/Mutanda, it was the thing i was looking forward to the most But it's your mod and you do what you think is best.. looking forward playing it, chers /Salam
salam263 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-07-2011, 11:29 AM   #63
BloodCarver
Lurker

Current Game: Mass Effect 2
Seems like a long way to do take your time to make it as awesome as you can :] Really looking forward to this mod. The voice acting offer still stands by the way~
BloodCarver is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-02-2011, 07:01 AM   #64
Trex
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
M4-78-B now finished. That changes my list to :

- M4-78-B : Finished.
- Telos : To do.

I'm just aiming to get a full beta working right now (with temp voices I'll replace later), so if I haven't gotten back to you about any voice acting stuff yet, it's just because I'm not making it a priority. I'll plow through all the VOs later.

Old 06-02-2011, 01:30 PM   #65
darthwaffle
Lurker

HOORAY! I was heartbroken when this mod seemed to went dead 1.0 was great but very rough cant wait to see the new version being released!
darthwaffle is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-15-2011, 04:41 AM   #66
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Trex, there's a particular resource on Lucas Forums that I wonder if you've considered using to make your planets look unique. Have you seen Quanon's generous contribution to KOTOR and TSL planet makers everywhere in this thread?

Old 06-30-2011, 02:53 PM   #67
Trex
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
New update. Telos gets added to the pile :

- M4-78-B : Finished.
- Telos : Finished.

Quote:
Trex, there's a particular resource on Lucas Forums that I wonder if you've considered using to make your planets look unique. Have you seen Quanon's generous contribution to KOTOR and TSL planet makers everywhere in this thread?
Yeah, I think I've downloaded pretty much everything from that thread. (see my troubles here : http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=206902)

I really wanted to convert Korriban to Rhen Var, but I'm not sure I can manage it.

Old 07-19-2011, 07:30 AM   #68
darthtyren
Rookie

Dude, somehow I completely missed this thread. I tried to play through 1.0, but since I have TSLRCM, when I get strong enough for Nihilus and Visas to sense me, I can skip the short movie with the ship, but I can't skip the cutscene that follows, and then at the end, it tries to load the mod again, but it just freezes. I can only think of uninstalling the TSLRCM to do that, but I really don't want to.

Nevertheless, this is looking too awesome, and my eyes must be fooling me. Did you say completely new modules? I haven't seen that since BoS:SR for KotOR I. I can't wait to play.
darthtyren is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-19-2011, 05:01 PM   #69
Dark_Ansem

this is spectacular!

Dark_Ansem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-26-2011, 04:05 AM   #70
ReAs0n
Lurker

I have some troubles at the end of the game , when I defeated Kannos by Revan second time next scene there Mandalor should be alone there is Revan and I`m stuck at both side of the doors , KOTOR has cheat to walk trough walls?
ReAs0n is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-26-2011, 11:52 AM   #71
DarthVisitor
Lurker

I was redirected here from your previous mod thread and I'm really happy to see you are going to 'redo' it. Can't wait for it, you've got my full support and attention.
DarthVisitor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-31-2011, 12:44 PM   #72
Master_Lin
Rookie

Current Game: TOR
It seems that I'll have to make a lot of playthroughs with the original restored TSL until TJM is done...

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.
Master_Lin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2011, 07:39 AM   #73
IamTheInferno
Lurker

Hey Trex, If you need any voice actors, preferably for male characters, I don't care how much lines, or even how much characters, I can do quite a few voices, let me know!
IamTheInferno is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-03-2011, 11:29 AM   #74
Trex
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Ok, let's get started on the updates.

I've gone through everything in Quanon's big sell out thread and know what I'm going to use I'm what I'm not. So someone will be putting your work to good use Quanon.

Here's some shots of those. Some have been retextured from the originals.

Show spoiler

Show spoiler

And here's some of my very own work made from scratch...

Show spoiler

This one I'm very proud of. This will be my Republic Senate. It's looks a little drab now, and I will be doing some better textures (yeah, the monitors won't have big smiley faces on them), but it works! Most importantly, the walkmesh also works well, which is quite cool since this was the first time I tried doing a multi-level module.

Show spoiler

Show spoiler

Some of you have already seen this, but I've been playing with animating some of the character models.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJwe1wE4oJQ

I can't add new animations to the game, but I should be able to create some cool looking fmv clips with the characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamTheInferno View Post
Hey Trex, If you need any voice actors, preferably for male characters, I don't care how much lines, or even how much characters, I can do quite a few voices, let me know!
Could you PM me with a quick description of your voice and how large a part you were considering. Ideally, if I could get a quick mp3 sample of you talking, that would be perfect.

I think that's all for just now.

Old 10-03-2011, 12:07 PM   #75
newbiemodder
Gentleman Modder

Veteran Modder 
not seeing the pics for your Republic Senate areas

ok now I can...looks great Trex

Who's more foolish, the fool or the fool that follows?

Just exactly what is a head-piece to the Staff of Ra?

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=206819

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=206541

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...t=newbiemodder

Last edited by newbiemodder; 10-03-2011 at 01:30 PM.
newbiemodder is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-03-2011, 06:40 PM   #76
mr_dad
Rookie

they do look realy good Trex

mr_dad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-03-2011, 07:14 PM   #77
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trex View Post
I can't add new animations to the game, but I should be able to create some cool looking FMV clips with the characters.
Any chance you'll also be able to have Revan's cape animate as well in your cutscenes? When your Revan "moonwalks" backwards in your video, his cape remains stiff.

Old 10-04-2011, 05:58 AM   #78
Trex
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Any chance you'll also be able to have Revan's cape animate as well in your cutscenes? When your Revan "moonwalks" backwards in your video, his cape remains stiff.
Yeah, I should be able to.

I just had some problems with the test where the cape kept attaching to the feet.

Old 10-04-2011, 10:01 PM   #79
Zhaboka
Applesauce Tractor

Veteran Modder 
Everything looks awesome! Quanon's stuff seems pretty well used, although I think the ruined town could use some fog or other atmospheric effect.

I'd love to do VOs if you need them.

Thank you Gorgod.
Zhaboka is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-04-2011, 11:00 PM   #80
Fallen Guardian
Wandering the Galaxy...

Current Game: Knights of the Old Republic
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quanon's work looks very good reskinned. The Senate chamber looks good, but would be possible to add more lights? Like onto the seats and such, sort of how it looks like in this picture: http://images.wikia.com/starwars/ima...cticsenate.jpg

The truly fallen cannot return to the light. If someone "falls" and "returns," they never really, truly fell.

Current Work in Progress: Dantooine Tension

Released Works
Blaster Pistol Enhancement
Dustil Restoration
Ebon Hawk Texture Enhancement
Gaffi Stick Improvement
Weapon Model Overhaul Texture Rework (Thanks to Toasty Fresh!)
Sunry Murder Recording Enhancement
VP's Hi Poly Tin Cans - KotOR 1 Version
Fallen Guardian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Knights of the Old Republic : The Jedi Masters 2.0