lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Crash Fix For Catalyst 10.5+
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-05-2011, 06:08 AM   #41
D.a.r.t.h
Rookie

Current Game: The elder scrolls IV Oblivion
Now it said "VM_Create on UI failed". When trying to launch multiplayer!! What to do now?? Always some errors.. *sigh*..
D.a.r.t.h is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-05-2011, 11:24 AM   #42
g0dFather
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.a.r.t.h View Post
Now it said "VM_Create on UI failed". When trying to launch multiplayer!! What to do now?? Always some errors.. *sigh*..
This is an older thread but check it out: http://forums.filefront.com/sw-jk3-p...ui-failed.html

I Googled VM_Create on UI failed and came up with quite a few links. Evidently you're not the only one who has run into this.
g0dFather is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-05-2011, 12:22 PM   #43
D.a.r.t.h
Rookie

COOL!! IT WORKS!!!!! I put a dll file to the base folder which is needeed to fix the crash and then RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR and then it works. But it´s showing on a 4:3 screen ratio whatever it´s called agsin. How do I fix that? But at least I can play the game now. Wohoo!!!
Old 01-08-2011, 04:53 AM   #44
D.a.r.t.h
Rookie

HOW CAN I PLAY MY GAMES ON FULLSCREEN?? IT HAS BLACK BARS ON BOTH SIDE OF THE SCREEN! How do I fix it? My other games have black bars too. I have a 15" laptop with ATI Mobility Radeon graphics card. And my brother can play games with his laptop on fullscreen just fine. He had this issue before too but it took like 2 minutes and then he fixed it. And I CAN´T PLAY ON FULLSCREEN WTF?? And my brother had an option to make it fullscreen which I haven´t. And I think I have it I don´t know maybe it´s hidden somewhere pls, HELP!!!
Old 01-10-2011, 09:19 AM   #45
Fix_d
Lurker

I have tried this fix but it doesn't work, i still can't get past the first screen. I did have a problem though, I can't open atifix.bat. The Command Prompt disappears right away and when I try to write the code directly into the Command Prompt it says that it can't open it.
I got a ATI Mobility HD 3400 Series (Catalyst 10.12). Vista 32-bits.

The game worked on another Vista-computer so it has to bee the graphic card.

Last edited by Fix_d; 01-10-2011 at 09:40 AM.
Fix_d is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-12-2011, 01:14 PM   #46
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

Current Game: ME3MP, Arkham Origins
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Forum Veteran Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.a.r.t.h View Post
HOW CAN I PLAY MY GAMES ON FULLSCREEN?? IT HAS BLACK BARS ON BOTH SIDE OF THE SCREEN! How do I fix it? My other games have black bars too. I have a 15" laptop with ATI Mobility Radeon graphics card. And my brother can play games with his laptop on fullscreen just fine. He had this issue before too but it took like 2 minutes and then he fixed it. And I CANīT PLAY ON FULLSCREEN WTF?? And my brother had an option to make it fullscreen which I havenīt. And I think I have it I donīt know maybe itīs hidden somewhere pls, HELP!!!
Have you considered actually reading the thread you have posted in?

Look back a page, I am pretty certain acdcfanbill gave explicit and simple instructions for playing the game in a 16:9 ratio.

Want to play a game of ME3MP?
Qui-Gon_Glenn on the software of which we shall not name.... add me and the enemy shall fall in chunks of crimson salsa
Qui-Gon Glenn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-12-2011, 01:32 PM   #47
g0dFather
Rookie

In addition...

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdcfanbill View Post
if it doesnt list 16:9 rez for you to choose from, you can set the resolution manually using hte console (shift + ~) using these commands one at a time.

r_mode -1
r_customwidth 1280
r_customheight 720

vid_restart

you can use w/e rez you want, i just chose a common 16:9 one.
In addition, you can create an autoexec.cfg file in your base folder which will force settings when you launch the game. Go to http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1614635 and check post #8
Old 01-12-2011, 02:55 PM   #48
Hastings
Rookie

I have one question : Where is that aitifix.bat folder ?? I can not find it anywhere ....
Hastings is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-13-2011, 06:24 AM   #49
-=*Raz0r*=-
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navrez View Post
where is the atifix.bat file located ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdcfanbill View Post
you have to make it. make a new text file and then rename it to atifix.bat
...=D?
-=*Raz0r*=- is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-13-2011, 07:07 AM   #50
Hastings
Rookie

Ok I made a new text file and I rename it to atifix.bat ... but what about that batch script ? I have to copy that and then paste into that renamed text file atifix.bat and then copy that atifix.bat into GameData folder ? How to run it ? =D
Old 01-13-2011, 10:48 AM   #51
-=*Raz0r*=-
Rookie

Just double-click, or right-click -> Run
-=*Raz0r*=- is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-13-2011, 11:05 AM   #52
Hastings
Rookie

Double click ? I have double clicked on atifix.bat and it opens me that notepad where is writed : expand atioglxx.dl_ atioglxx.dll.. How to do it ? I done it like this : I opened notepad and wrote there expand atioglxx.dl_ atioglxx.dll then I click save changes and rename it to atifix.bat , and then I copy that into my GameData folder which is located for me C:/Program Files/LucasArts/Star Wars JK2 Jedi outcast/GameData ....Try get there detailed instructions about that atifix.bat file ...I can not understand that, but I hope that after using this thread I will be able to play Jedi Outcast on windows 7 32-bit (after running it gives me an error " JK2SP.exe has stopped working")
Old 01-13-2011, 12:35 PM   #53
acdcfanbill
..the wonders I have seen

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
you probably have windows set to hide known file extensions which is the default setting. so your atifix.bat is actually named atifix.bat.txt. it's something that really annoys me about windows, but apparently MS thinks it's a good idea. rather than have you turn off hiding file extensions, it might be easier to open a command prompt (start-> run -> type 'cmd' and press enter)

then in the command prompt, type 'cd c:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star wars JK2 Jedi Outcast\Gamedata' and press enter

then you should type 'expand atioglxx.dl_ atioglxx.dll' and press enter

obviously not typing any of the quotes in.

acdcfanbill is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-13-2011, 02:24 PM   #54
Hastings
Rookie

It gives me :
Expanding atioglxx.dl_ to atioglxx.dll
Can´t open output file: atioglxx.dll
Any ideas ?

Last edited by Hastings; 01-13-2011 at 03:56 PM. Reason: the first part for nothing
Old 01-14-2011, 02:50 AM   #55
acdcfanbill
..the wonders I have seen

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
hit the start button, type 'cmd' then press ctrl+shift+enter

that should start a command prompt with admin privileges. then follow steps again.

acdcfanbill is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-14-2011, 03:23 AM   #56
Hastings
Rookie

Expanding atioglxx.dl_ to atioglxx.dll
atioglxx.dl_ :6350419 bytes expanded to 14321664 bytes , 125% insurance
I think this is the right . What to do next ?
Now I should play it ?

Last edited by Hastings; 01-14-2011 at 08:01 AM. Reason: Do not do next reply for the same thing...
Old 01-14-2011, 10:20 AM   #57
g0dFather
Rookie

Other threads

I created threads in the Steam Forums explaining the fix I posted here and in this thread. Users are posting their results plus other methods that can be tried if none of the ones here work.

Jedi Outcast thread
Jedi Academy thread
Old 01-14-2011, 10:30 AM   #58
Hastings
Rookie

Yahoooo thank you acdcfanbill ! Now the game works perfect ! Thank you very much !

Last edited by Hastings; 01-14-2011 at 11:14 AM. Reason: thx
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Academy > Crash Fix For Catalyst 10.5+