lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Unable to start the game
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-09-2011, 02:04 AM   #1
misterbeefy117
Lurker

Unhappy Unable to start the game

Hiya all.
I installed a mod waaaaay way back for FoC, I can't remember which mod it was but long story short it's interfering with the game. I can't start it up now, I've uninstalled and reinstalled at least a dozen times and all that happens is a blank screen with the little sand cursor thingy, and when I minimize I see a little error message that says "Exception! An exeption has occurred. See _logfile.txt and _except.txt for details."
I couldn't find _logfile.txt but in _except it said

Exception in thread 121C - Main Thread
Exception code EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.
Attempt to read from address 00000018

Exception occurred at 00996ADE - Unknown code pointer

and then it said something about Stack Dumps and Register dumps with a bunch of numbers in them, I won't copy+paste them because it's like a bajillion lines.
Anywho, I tried to use a compatibility thing with the game (I use Windows 7) but nothing pops up, not even the black screen popping up. Anyway I was wondering if anyone can help me, I dunno if I gave too little information or too much but.. I dunno heh.
Oh and this only effects FoC, not regular EaW.
misterbeefy117 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > EaW General Discussion > Tech Centre > Unable to start the game