lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Back To The Music
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-26-2010, 05:33 PM   #1
daltysmilth
Rookie

Back To The Music

Who else was extremely happy with the score to the first episode of BTTF? I was. It was close to the style of the movies while still being original (though I think there were a couple of places where there was some brief dropping of the needle, as it were, but fortunately not enough that it distracted from the rest of the soundtrack.) I believe this is some of Jared's best work yet, and though it might have been just a little bit better if he'd gotten to use a full orchestra, it doesn't suffer from the lack of it. The real instruments he did use were sufficient to make it sound authentic. Overall, I'd give it a 95 out of 100, and only because of the lack of a full orchestra. And I look forward to the latest release of the Telltale Music Extractor so I can start making a full soundtrack for the game.

"So Brak, is that Polish? Or... no I suppose it wouldn't be."
--Mike Nelson- MST3K: the Movie
daltysmilth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-26-2010, 05:38 PM   #2
Laserschwert

Notable contributor 
I liked most of Jared's work on BTTF... sometimes though the synths were too obvious, especially when interwoven with the original soundtrack cues. Those on the other hand were used very well... I don't think the BTTF fanfare could've been re-created appropriately by Jared (at least not on a TTG-budget), so I didn't mind the use of those bits (especially since I LOOOOOVE Silvestri's work... and not only on BTTF).

I hope Benny will add support to the game to the Music Extractor soon, so that I can take a closer listen to the tracks.

Laserschwert is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-27-2010, 02:31 AM   #3
The Tingler
The Lagomorph Prince

Current Game: Not TFU2
The International House of Mojo Staff 
I loved it too, Telltale's first licensed score! I'm glad too, and hopefully the same will be true of Jurassic Park - these films aren't the same without their soundtracks.

The Tingler is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-28-2010, 04:31 PM   #4
ThunderPeel2001
Lovebucket

Didn't like it at all... It was a great IDEA on paper, but the result was a horrible version of Sylvestri's score. Plus it never matched what was one screen, wildly veering in emotion (from tense to relaxed) independently of the conversations.

No sir, I didn't like it.

ThunderPeel2001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-09-2011, 10:43 PM   #5
daltysmilth
Rookie

Has anyone put together a chronological tracklist together yet? I've been working on one, but it's slow going. (Yes I know it's been almost two months since the first episode came out, but I have a life and it's kinda tedious work.)

"So Brak, is that Polish? Or... no I suppose it wouldn't be."
--Mike Nelson- MST3K: the Movie
daltysmilth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Mixnmojo.com > Mojo Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Back To The Music