lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: HOW DO I MAKE A PUP FILE??????
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-01-2001, 12:03 AM   #1
Garindan

Question HOW DO I MAKE A PUP FILE??????

I know how to make keys. Is there any program out there that'll put them into a pup file?! I've gotten a tie interceptor to fly, but without keys, it looks OK, but it'd be better If it would turn left and right instead of stopping, and then turning.
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-01-2001, 04:44 PM   #2
Kurgan

Have you tried Trajjedi? I haven't used PuppetJedi in a long time though. Somebody mentioned that you should just edit an existing pup file, but as to a program that creates them specifically, not sure. Maybe you could suggest it to one of the authors of a key editing program to add it.

Kurgan
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-04-2001, 05:54 PM   #3
BeastMaster
Dragon in Residence

Finally something I know!

Key files are easy to make (I use PuppetJedI, but I'm pretty sure my version's out of date by now), but the best way to make a pup file is to take one from the game and edit it via notepad.

For a PC, use the ky.pup (Kyle's pup gives you a wide range of possible movements), for an NPC enemy use the st.pup (the stormtrooper default has fewer movements), and for a vehicle, find the pup that corresponds to the Lambda shuttle or the Crow (which generally only have two movements).

Once you figure it out, pup files are way easier to edit than cogs.

------------------
"The Beasts know much that we do not." -Ancient Jedi proverb
BeastMaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-25-2011, 09:33 PM   #4
coco78
Lurker

can u give me a link on where to download these things
coco78 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars Classic Gaming > 1. The HuB > The Cantina! > HOW DO I MAKE A PUP FILE??????