lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Editing crystal effects
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-11-2011, 05:51 AM   #1
Mythic
Rookie

Current Game: Star Wars: more Wars
Editing crystal effects

Editing the XML files is easy if you have a modders background in game like Empire at War, but my problem is that there are allot of XML's all with the same name, I would like to edit the saber crystals so that I can make them all have the effects of the rest, now I know it will make the game a bit too easy I know but at the same time you also could have your favorite color and favorite effect.

the main reason I want to screw around with my files is that the Disintegration crystals don't really do what they should (Disintegrate is only a visual effect) I would like to make them disintegrate 100% (does it do anything besides that?) of the time since the only time this effect kicks in anyway is when your enemy is down and you continue to slash him and give it some extras like the Impact crystal bonus since I like a good saber battle, so in essence the black crystal is just a red one in disguise isn't it?

anyone know what XML's i'm looking for?

Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot.

Last edited by Mythic; 04-11-2011 at 09:43 AM.
Mythic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-23-2011, 12:11 PM   #2
Mythic
Rookie

Come on people, editing XML's is as easy as can get, I just need to know which one I am looking for, the one that defines the abilities of the saber crystals.

Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:40 PM   #3
Zwier Zak

I don't think many people play TFU2. And even less care about editing. AND EVEN LESS know what you are looking for. So sorry but I think you are on your own.
Zwier Zak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-24-2011, 06:09 PM   #4
Alexrd

Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
There was a big thread on LucasArts forums about TFUII editing, and they made some good mods too. Unfortunately the forum no longer exists, but there are still some videos on Youtube, and how you can contact the modders.

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-25-2011, 03:06 AM   #5
Mythic
Rookie

I know a group of people that hate a game so much they created the ultimate mod for it, why not do the same for TFU2? maybe I should contact the guy creating that Evolution mod?

Old 04-25-2011, 03:55 PM   #6
Alexrd

Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
LucasArts forum is back online (I thought it was deleted, since that happened with StarWars.com forums).

Here's the thread.

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-26-2011, 04:20 AM   #7
Mythic
Rookie

Sweet, thank you.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Force Unleashed > General > The Force Unleashed 2 > Editing crystal effects