lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Mouse problems
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-02-2011, 11:24 PM   #1
Arannor

Current Game: Kotor
Question Mouse problems

Ok so I have a wireless microsoft brand mouse for my laptop. A couple of weeks ago I installed an update for it, which is when I started to have problems.

The vertical scrolling speed for the scrolling button keeps changing. Right now I have it set on 3 which is close to slow. This works and I have no problems while using it. When I turn my computer back on is when I have problems. The speed of the scrolling is increased, going much faster, but the settings have not changed in the properties.

So far my method of fixing this problem is to change the speed setting to a different number, apply the change, switch it back to 3, and apply. Yet every time I turn my computer back on the speed is faster.

Any ideas???

There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force.
Arannor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-03-2011, 01:10 AM   #2
SITH LORD 872

Current Game: KOTOR 1
Maybe the update you installed, Made the changes to whats recommended for your computer!!

SITH LORD 872 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-03-2011, 09:28 AM   #3
ChAiNz.2da
Brony 4 Life. Yo.

Current Game: Minecraft MP: PynCraft|Tekkit
Does your Microsoft mouse use a different "control center" for your mouse settings? I know my Trackball does. However.. the settings in the mouse program will sometimes either stack or be bypassed by windows default mouse control (in Control Panel).

Double check your settings in both places and make sure the settings are pretty much the same value for things such as double click speed, scroll speed, etc.

You may also want to adjust your settings and then restart (not shutdown) your computer and see if that may help. Sometime helps to make sure your settings are getting recorded in the registry.

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Community Discussion > General LFNetwork Forums > General Tech Discussion > Mouse problems