lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Aliens: Colonial Marines
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-27-2011, 01:54 AM   #1
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Aliens: Colonial Marines

Couldn't see an existing thread on this.

Seems the long gestating Aliens: Colonial Marines by Gearbox is finally getting a full blown unveiling at this year's E3:

A teaser has been released, along with a release window - Spring 2012. The game will be demoed at E3.

View page
YouTube Video

Not much to see in the teaser, but the setup is apparently you play as one of a group of Marines that boards the U.S.S. Sulaco after the events of Alien 3. Presumably it will explore why Ripley, Newt, Hicks and Bishop (hibernating in their cryo beds at the end of Aliens) were ejected from the ship at the start of Alien 3. There is also going to be a trip to LV-426 (which the Sulaco is apparently in orbit around) and the colony of Hadley's Hope, which the teaser briefly depicts. I find that a bit odd given that it was nuked in Aliens, but I guess we'll see how it turns out in due course.

Also, it sounds like the play style is essentially Borderlands in space, with a focus on drop-in/drop-out 4 player co-op.

Last edited by DarthParametric; 06-01-2011 at 01:22 PM.
DarthParametric is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > The Outlander Club > Aliens: Colonial Marines