lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Weapons.dat file questions.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-16-2011, 04:33 PM   #1
Path-x
Rookie

Weapons.dat file questions.

Hello.

First, I having problem with applying my weapons.dat file modification to JKA multiplayer. The modifications work fine in single player mode but multiplayer just ignores it. Can anyone help me out with this? Am I doing something wrong?

Second question is how to edit/modify weapon damage? It doesn't seem you can do it via weapons.dat file.

Edit: Oh one more thing. How can you make NPC shoot bursts with E-11 (secondary fire, Jan or ImpCommander does it)? I tried to edit parameters in NPC files but I haven't figured it out yet.

Last edited by Path-x; 01-16-2011 at 05:34 PM.
Path-x is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-18-2011, 01:13 PM   #2
katanamaru

1. I'm no mp expert but it may be conflicting with a mod. You may need to activate cheats. Mp runs differently than sp so can't really help here.

2. Damage is hard coded. For mp you'll need to look at the SDK and know either C or C++ not sure which. For sp it is not possible, I think.

3. There is a line in the .npc file that will do that. I only know of it because of the npc tool on jk3files.
katanamaru is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-18-2011, 01:20 PM   #3
-=*Raz0r*=-
Rookie

You'll need to learn the C programming language and modify the SDK for both 1 and 2 - weapons.dat is ignored entirely in MP.
-=*Raz0r*=- is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-19-2011, 12:11 PM   #4
Path-x
Rookie

Thanks guys.

Well I am pretty skilled in programming in C so there should be no problem. I have just found out how to modify damage and stuff.

Quote:
3. There is a line in the .npc file that will do that. I only know of it because of the npc tool on jk3files.
Do you by any chance know which line exactly is it? I can't seem to find it.

Last edited by Path-x; 01-19-2011 at 01:20 PM.
Path-x is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-22-2011, 08:19 PM   #5
katanamaru

The command is
altFire 1
I just used the npc tool to make the npc and then openned it up and looked at the line that way.
katanamaru is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-30-2011, 06:16 PM   #6
irish_texan
Rookie

Current Game: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Academy
Quote:
Originally Posted by katanamaru View Post
I just used the npc tool to make the npc and then openned it up and looked at the line that way.
thats how i figured out how to make custom skin npcs... good old npc tool
irish_texan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > General Editing > Weapons.dat file questions.