lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: animation.cfg, changing model.glm to different animation.cfg
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-01-2011, 05:26 PM   #1
irish_texan
Rookie

Current Game: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Academy
animation.cfg, changing model.glm to different animation.cfg

how can i customize an model.glm file and still make it use a different animation.cfg?

recently, i moved the galen marek player model from the Movie Duels 2 mod (by Wector) into my assets1.pk3. before that, i had moved his backhand lightsaber into my assets, and was confused for a while (you might remember a thread i posted regarding this) because the animations were off, and the backhand saber did not work the same way it did in MD2. soon, i also imported the galen marek player model into my assets1.

THEN, i moved a file from the MD2 assets called "_humanoid_galen"... THAT was the secret. after that, the galen player model animations worked, im guessing because the model.glm inside is coded to access the "_humanoid_galen" folder instead of the regular "_humanoid" folder.

my question is: how can i access and configure OTHER models (say, luke, for example) to also use the "_humanoid_galen" animations instead of the regular "_humanoid" ones? whenever i open a model.glm file using modview, i am unable to copy or paste or edit any animations with modview. when i open up a model.glm with notepad, its a ton of encrypted symbols and stuff that i cant read.

please someone tell me how to modify a model.glm! i want to make it so some new models of mine use the same animations as galen marek from Movie Duels 2. thanks!

Last edited by irish_texan; 07-01-2011 at 06:45 PM.
irish_texan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-05-2011, 06:25 PM   #2
katanamaru

http://forums.filefront.com/sw-jk3-m...ng-dragon.html

Post #8.
katanamaru is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-05-2011, 08:02 PM   #3
irish_texan
Rookie

Current Game: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Academy
thanks again katanamaru! where would i be without you?

can you use dragon to MAKE new models? if so, how? if not, what programs should i use for that?

Last edited by irish_texan; 07-08-2011 at 01:33 AM.
irish_texan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Academy > animation.cfg, changing model.glm to different animation.cfg