lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Favorite sith from prequels?
Darth Tyranus / Count Dooku 15 12.50%
Darth Vader / Anakin Skywalker 24 20.00%
Darth Maul 52 43.33%
Darth Sidious / Palpatine 20 16.67%
General Grievous 4 3.33%
other (did i forgot any?!!) 5 4.17%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll


Thread: Who is your favourite sith from the prequel trilogy?
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-29-2008, 12:49 PM   #81
Astor
It's Thornhill!
 
Astor's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Warwickshire, UK
Posts: 3,632
Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawwi Joshe View Post
Even you should know Maul was intriguing not because of his short dialogue in the first film, but rather his unique look and style of combat.
So, because he's got an extra blade and some red tattoos, I should think that he's an interesting character? That doesn't sound like a very compelling argument. Dooku was a far more intriguing character because he was once a Jedi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawwi Joshe
You didn't, I merely stated that to further prove my point that Sidious goal was to always have the strongest apprentice, whether that had ended up being Dooku or Anakin.
No, Sidious' goal was complete control of the galaxy. And for that, he chose apprentices who could carry out the tasks before him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawwi Joshe
I have to laugh at this comment. George Lucas himself even admits it was a mistake to allow Darth Maul to die in the first movie.
Maybe it was, and maybe it wasn't, but he did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawwi Joshe
Why not take advantage of that history, and allow the viewers to finally see a Sith vs. Sith duel?
Because it probably wouldn't have added much to the actual plot. Remember, the prequel trilogy is largely about the rise of Darth Vader - not the squabbling between Sith for scraps from Sidious' table.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawwi Joshe
You say pointless, I say most viewers if given a vote on it, would be in favor it.
That's a supposition to support your point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawwi Joshe
I'm sorry to say, but I believe your in the minority in this discussion.
And being in the minority is supposedly a problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawwi Joshe
I respect your opinion and your entitlement to it, but don't disregard others as pointless, just because YOU don't agree with it.
There's no need to get angry.

I never disregarded anybody's opinion as 'pointless'. But, on the other hand, I wasn't aware that I needed to put 'THIS IS MY OPINION' in front of everything I say. If that's your interpretation, then I apologise.






Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-30-2008, 05:15 PM   #82
GeneralPloKoon
Just a Time Traveller
 
GeneralPloKoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 1,532
Current Game: Borderlands (PS3)
Astor just owned!
GeneralPloKoon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-24-2008, 07:13 PM   #83
A Galaxy Foreseen
Rookie
 
A Galaxy Foreseen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Posts: 20
Darth Maul.

It was the best lightsaber duelist in my opinion at that time but I still believe he could
of won that battle though of course Lucas wanted him dead.

I believe he could of won it the same way Obi-Wan won in his battle against Anakin.


A Galaxy Foreseen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-30-2008, 01:18 AM   #84
GwannaSauna
Rookie
 
GwannaSauna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: A place you'll never know
Posts: 201
1. Darth Vader
2. Count Dooku
3. Darth Maul
4. Darth Sidious/Palpatine


Palpatine/Darth Sidious didn't become cool until the Original Trilogy (namely Return of the Jedi)


''Now, young Skywalker, you will die"

BEST PART OF THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY EVER!!!

Now someone get this thread back on topic...








You've been... THUNDERSTRUCK!
GwannaSauna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-18-2009, 01:00 PM   #85
jedi_christian
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Antwerp, Belgium
Posts: 42
General Grievous isn't a sith He was just trained by Count Dooku to handle multiple light sabers....
jedi_christian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-19-2009, 11:19 PM   #86
Darth Zavier
Rookie
 
Darth Zavier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Nun ya! (jk)
Posts: 96
Current Game: SWBF: RS
YES...Maul is up, by alot! And yes, I chose Maul, he is my favorite character EVER in SW, Solo is second. I just wish he had not die in ep. 1, he was MUCH more powerful than Kenobi at the time, because Kenobi was just a boy.


http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/1066/batpoddarkknightsig.png

"They'll hunt me; They'll condemn me; Set the dogs on me; Because that's what needs to happen. Because sometimes, the truth isn't good enough. Sometimes, people deserve more. Sometimes, people deserve to have their faith rewarded. Not because they want to, not because of chance, but because they deserve to."

-Batman (From TDK)
Darth Zavier is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2009, 02:54 PM   #87
Alexrd
Senior Member
 
Alexrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 2,172
Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Sorry, but since when Grievous is a Sith?
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2009, 10:36 PM   #88
Darth Zavier
Rookie
 
Darth Zavier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Nun ya! (jk)
Posts: 96
Current Game: SWBF: RS
He never was.


http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/1066/batpoddarkknightsig.png

"They'll hunt me; They'll condemn me; Set the dogs on me; Because that's what needs to happen. Because sometimes, the truth isn't good enough. Sometimes, people deserve more. Sometimes, people deserve to have their faith rewarded. Not because they want to, not because of chance, but because they deserve to."

-Batman (From TDK)
Darth Zavier is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2009, 09:11 AM   #89
Alexrd
Senior Member
 
Alexrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 2,172
Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Zavier View Post
He never was.
I know. But why is he on the poll?
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2009, 03:49 PM   #90
Darth Zavier
Rookie
 
Darth Zavier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Nun ya! (jk)
Posts: 96
Current Game: SWBF: RS
You got me.


http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/1066/batpoddarkknightsig.png

"They'll hunt me; They'll condemn me; Set the dogs on me; Because that's what needs to happen. Because sometimes, the truth isn't good enough. Sometimes, people deserve more. Sometimes, people deserve to have their faith rewarded. Not because they want to, not because of chance, but because they deserve to."

-Batman (From TDK)
Darth Zavier is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2009, 07:34 PM   #91
Mandalore The Shadow
The Writing Writer
 
Mandalore The Shadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Desert
Posts: 286
Current Game: KotOR II
1:Palpatine
2:Maul


My Mods
“You needn't die happy when your time comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived
your life from the beginning to the end and ka is always served.”

― Stephen King, The Dark Tower
Mandalore The Shadow is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2009, 02:16 PM   #92
Darth Zavier
Rookie
 
Darth Zavier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Nun ya! (jk)
Posts: 96
Current Game: SWBF: RS
YES, Maul won!


http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/1066/batpoddarkknightsig.png

"They'll hunt me; They'll condemn me; Set the dogs on me; Because that's what needs to happen. Because sometimes, the truth isn't good enough. Sometimes, people deserve more. Sometimes, people deserve to have their faith rewarded. Not because they want to, not because of chance, but because they deserve to."

-Batman (From TDK)
Darth Zavier is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2009, 02:23 PM   #93
Demongo
Afro Skeleton
 
Demongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 963
Current Game: Street Fighter IV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Zavier View Post
YES, Maul won!
Why? Did you close the poll?



Bink's Sake

"I've barely eaten anything for many decades now. It feels like my stomach shriveled into my back........though i don't have a stomach or back because i'm a skeleton! Yohohohoho! SKULL JOKE!"

"My eyes have never seen such a pretty woman! But i'm a skeleton so my eyes don't see much."
Demongo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2009, 02:27 PM   #94
Darth Zavier
Rookie
 
Darth Zavier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Nun ya! (jk)
Posts: 96
Current Game: SWBF: RS
No, I mean't he is winning. Sorry for not clarifing that.


http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/1066/batpoddarkknightsig.png

"They'll hunt me; They'll condemn me; Set the dogs on me; Because that's what needs to happen. Because sometimes, the truth isn't good enough. Sometimes, people deserve more. Sometimes, people deserve to have their faith rewarded. Not because they want to, not because of chance, but because they deserve to."

-Batman (From TDK)
Darth Zavier is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-24-2009, 04:48 PM   #95
Insignia_Enithma
Rookie
 
Insignia_Enithma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 118
Current Game: TF2, KotOR
I choose Maul, he just looked so cool, and as anyone who has read some of the EU stuff about him, he was such a cool character.
Insignia_Enithma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-28-2009, 09:58 PM   #96
DarthAwesome
Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 38
Current Game: KOTOR
I chose Maul because in terms of pure badassery he owns the rest of them. Maul is quiet and mysterious so you never really find out what makes him tick. He may not have the finesse of Count Dooku or the intellect that Darth Sidious posseses but he can still wipe the floor with the jedi.

First post, by the way.
DarthAwesome is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-14-2009, 11:06 AM   #97
Ogriv83
Rookie
 
Ogriv83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 66
I always like Tyranus the most. He was just so cool and collected yet you knew he could kill in a second.
Ogriv83 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-15-2009, 01:39 PM   #98
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.
 
TKA-001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,535
Forum Veteran 
Palpatine, duh. The others were also interesting, but Palpatine was the king. Vader, Maul, and Dooku were all his *****es.


"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-15-2009, 02:02 PM   #99
Pho3nix
#rekt
 
Pho3nix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Nordic Europe
Posts: 3,374
Forum Veteran 
Darth Maul for sure.

I even had the pleasure of talking to Ray Park in 2006, he was really cool even in real life ;D

Pho3nix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-16-2009, 01:28 AM   #100
M@RS
The New Tax Collector
 
M@RS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Thailand
Posts: 1,898
I'd have to say Count Dooku. He was definitely the most the calm (and perhaps one of the deadliest) sith ever. He was able to use his emotions and knowledge of the force to trick his victim into a sense of carelessness (look at Anakin). IF they didn't fall for his tricks, he'd simply kill them in a battle.


Looks like a fruit cake to me. - Brutus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
I don't want to get my hopes up, but it's like the planets are aligning or something.
M@RS is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-16-2009, 04:23 AM   #101
noizer
Rookie
 
noizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Holland
Posts: 64
i would have to say sidious. he is the master mind afterall


.......
noizer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-16-2009, 08:14 AM   #102
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk
 
SW01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Northern Ireland, UK
Posts: 1,075
Current Game: Real Life
I'd say it'd be a very close run thing between Dooku and Sidious.

I liked both as master manipulators, more interesting than a straightforward 'stab-everything-with-glowy-red-stick' Sith character, and a good, fitting contrast in fighting styles - Dooku, as said, very calm and calculating, taunting his opponents, Sidious using surprise, aggression, and sheer skill (it seemed).

Also, being played by Ian McDiarmid and Sir Christopher Lee help make them favourites of mine!

Now, I would have liked to say Darth Vader (seeing he was, for so long, one of the best villains in cinema), but the PT ruined him a bit...


SW01 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-19-2009, 06:01 AM   #103
lockhead
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 53
Current Game: Rock Band 2
Okay, I gotta ask, because I'm fairly new at this. Why do people like people like the Sith and those who are unrepentantly evil? Someone like Mara Jade I'm willing to buy, she gets better, but someone like the Emperor enjoys the harm he causes others.
lockhead is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-19-2009, 01:20 PM   #104
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.
 
TKA-001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,535
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lockhead View Post
Okay, I gotta ask, because I'm fairly new at this. Why do people like people like the Sith and those who are unrepentantly evil? Someone like Mara Jade I'm willing to buy, she gets better, but someone like the Emperor enjoys the harm he causes others.
Most of the time when someone says they "like" a villain, they're talking about the actual quality of the character, that is, how well the villain is done. Factors in a villainous character's quality include how effective they are, how realistically/believably they're portrayed, their personalities, their motivations, how much of a threat they pose to the hero(es), and how much they contribute to the quality of the story overall. It's not about whether they are liked as persons; it's about whether they enhance the story and to what degree. Well-done villains are required in order for the conflict in a story such as Star Wars to be gripping and enjoyable.

Besides, even clearly evil characters can (sometimes because of justifying factors, and in other cases in spite of lack of any such factors) be liked from an out-of-universe perspective, even if from an in-universe perspective they are mostly or entirely despicable; just look at how much the KotOR fanbase loves to slobber over HK-47 and Darth Revan.


"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia

Last edited by TKA-001; 10-19-2009 at 01:26 PM.
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-19-2009, 05:22 PM   #105
lockhead
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 53
Current Game: Rock Band 2
Ah. Well for me my favourite type of evil or Sith character would be the fallen type ones, those who have a justified or at least explainable reason for falling to the dark side. Anakin, Revan and Malek, I'm not sure if Dooku would count. Even that though, for someone to be so corrupted by evil, for genuinely good people to allow themselves to be destroyed that much, is to me rather frightening.

So I would have to choose Anakin. He serves as a symbol of how far obsession can make you fall, something which I believe is highlighted at times in the expanded universe. You look at how Vader suffers and you think, who would want to be him. For all his power and fame he is fallen and broken.
lockhead is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-23-2009, 06:49 PM   #106
Jayce76
Rookie
 
Jayce76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Rehab
Posts: 34
Current Game: Pac-man
I have too honestly said Darth Maul in the Prequel Trilogy. I loved darth Skywalker with the hood , but Maul is just one of the best visual looking Villian's ever . . . .
Jayce76 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-03-2009, 08:58 AM   #107
Visas
Rookie
 
Visas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Ravager
Posts: 71
I vote Darth Maul.
Visas is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-03-2009, 01:56 PM   #108
Vierna Drottingu
Lurker
 
Vierna Drottingu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4
Current Game: SW: The Force Unleas
General Grievous for me... although he was weaker than the rest, i still liked his 4-saber style
Next is Darth Maul... dual saber, need I say more? xD although, he died in a very stupid way (he could've easily sliced Obi Wan in half, when Obi jumped)
Vierna Drottingu is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-05-2010, 07:35 PM   #109
Jawa Slayer Wookiee
Lurker
 
Jawa Slayer Wookiee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Earth
Posts: 6
Darth Maul
Jawa Slayer Wookiee is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-10-2010, 08:16 PM   #110
Darth Caedus_Nihilus
Lurker
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2
Maul is by far the coolest and i think he wud have been a lot better if they didnt kill him off so quickly. But anakin right b4 he turned into vader was super strong obi wan was just better at controlling his power
Darth Caedus_Nihilus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2010, 08:55 PM   #111
SciFiGeek17
Rookie
 
SciFiGeek17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: USA - West Coast
Posts: 28
Current Game: The Force Unleashed
Darth Maul!
Has the best skills in my opinion, plus he can use a staff weapon. Double-blades are hard to learn to use.

*has some experiance with that*


~I'm just a SciFi Geek with way too much time on her hands~

SciFiGeek17 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-17-2010, 02:18 PM   #112
kotorcommunity
Rookie
 
kotorcommunity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 15
Gotta love Darth Maul!

kotorcommunity is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-20-2010, 03:00 PM   #113
RC-2992
Lurker
 
RC-2992's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3
Darth Nihilus... I love his mask!
RC-2992 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-01-2010, 06:13 PM   #114
LordTrilobite
Junior Member
 
LordTrilobite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Holland
Posts: 497
Darth Revan, he was the wisest of them all.

LordTrilobite is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2010, 10:40 AM   #115
Seikan
Junior Member
 
Seikan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 433
Quote:
Who is your favorite sith from the prequel trilogy?


Which part can't you understand?... "prequel trilogy" it means episode 1-2-3, so no kotor siths, no clone wars siths, etc...

So no darth Revan/Nihilus

And I'm going with Darth Maul, he's really cool, also love the "Darth Maul" comic, and the tattooed body, his double blade... He's definitely one of my favorite siths from all the star wars universe, he would have been even better after getting rid of Sidious, but he died...


Last mod:
-Seikan's Armors Of The Old Republic:http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...74#post2738274
Seikan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-04-2011, 06:16 PM   #116
Bushy162
Lurker
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 9
Darth Maul.
Bushy162 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-04-2011, 08:24 PM   #117
Al_Ciao
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 113
Current Game: SWTOR, Skyrim
They are ALL cool, just in different ways.

Grievous used four blades! Even though he's not technically a Sith, he's still awesome. Note also, that he seems to be a prototype or test run for the arcane science that created Darth Vader.

"Darth Skywalker" in the hood, marching on the Jedi Temple with the clone troopers, is just awesome. He finally becomes wicked cool, until he goes over the edge (literally and figuratively) at Mustafar.

Darth Vader from the OT of course is mondo awesome too. The whole choking, breathing, James Earl Jones thing.

Darth Maul has the cool look, the awesome double saber, and the whole mysterious "man of few words" thing.

Dooku has STYLE. Precision, dignity, skill, power. Plus he's played by Christopher Lee!

And Sidious is has consistently been my favorite darksider almost the whole time since I discovered Star Wars as a child 20 years ago.

Someone said that his RotJ line, "And now, young Skywalker... you will die, is the coolest moment in the movies?

Quoted for truth!

So they're all cool! I really can't decide.

What would be REALLY cool, and admittedly this is more a fanboyish thing than anything else, would be all these Sith teaming up together, in a lightsaber battle against a bunch of Jedi!

Say, Sidious, Vader, Maul, Dooku, and Grievous VS Yoda, Mace Windu, Obi Wan, Qui Gon, and someone else like Ki Adi Mundi or Aayla Secura. How awesome would THAT be?
Al_Ciao is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > Prequel Trilogy > Who is your favourite sith from the prequel trilogy?

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:38 AM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.