lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: [tsl] KOTOR: Revenge of Revan
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-19-2011, 03:43 PM   #1481
logan23
Veteran

Current Game: Revenge of Revan
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Contest winner - Modding Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
I'm a newbie, so if I'm pointing out something you already knew about, don't take it the wrong way.

I leafed through the modding tips and tricks forum and found this thread on adding dialogue/lipsync:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=126746

Is anything in there relevant to the issue? I have a hard time playing most mods because of a lack of voice-overs, and I was seriously looking forward to having voices in this one, so I'd love to see this resolved.
From the article, I would say look at the VOs and make sure they are all wave files? good amount of time people have mp3s.

Looking at my files i can see WAVE and MP3s but yours might be sensitive or something,...see if you change them all Wave and if this don't work try all mp3s then.

Again not sure why some people have the issues with mods in general with hearing VOs?

logan23 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-19-2011, 04:29 PM   #1482
Anakin_Xisali
Rookie

So, Logan, is the Demo supposed to be fully voiced? I FINALLY (Yeah!!!) got it working, but when I played through it, about half of it was voiced, I wasn't sure whether that was supposed to happen or if I should of used all wav files.

Also - Holograms look like solid people, and people in Iridorian armor are gold and shiny. Same goes for Nindo's head, except it's green and shiny. Could have something to do with my computer, though.

98% of teens today would die if facebook or twitter had a systems failure, if you are one of the 2% that would just sit back and laugh, copy this to your signature.

-AX
Anakin_Xisali is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-19-2011, 04:59 PM   #1483
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Current Game: The Old Republic
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakin_Xisali View Post
So, Logan, is the Demo supposed to be fully voiced? I FINALLY (Yeah!!!) got it working, but when I played through it, about half of it was voiced, I wasn't sure whether that was supposed to happen or if I should of used all wav files.
If you missed Logan23's initial post of his Demo release thread, you didn't see this part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan23 View Post
This is a work in progress so not all the human VOs are in the game, there will be a VO patch released later.

Considering trying out (or returning to) SWTOR? You may as well go through my link and help get me some SWTOR referral points!
Sith Holocron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-21-2011, 12:36 PM   #1484
Anakin_Xisali
Rookie

Quote:
From the article, I would say look at the VOs and make sure they are all wave files? good amount of time people have mp3s.

Looking at my files i can see WAVE and MP3s but yours might be sensitive or something,...see if you change them all Wave and if this don't work try all mp3s then.

Again not sure why some people have the issues with mods in general with hearing VOs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Holocron View Post
If you missed Logan23's initial post of his Demo release thread, you didn't see this part.
@Sith Holocron: Actually I did. But read logan's post up there. What I meant was some characters would only have some spoken lines. Like Uldir,
Show spoiler
I wasn't complaining that some minor characters don't have VOs at all, I don't care about that yet.

98% of teens today would die if facebook or twitter had a systems failure, if you are one of the 2% that would just sit back and laugh, copy this to your signature.

-AX
Old 08-21-2011, 03:47 PM   #1485
logan23
Veteran

I just released a Fix Patch 1.0 for RoR Demo

http://www.moddb.com/mods/revenge-of...ch-10-ror-demo

The Patch fixes the issue mention where the dlg would break if you control Uldir at the end of a key fight.

The Patch also resolves the confusion from finding the Black Boxes Quest. You will see a text pop up telling you have found a encoder/recording device which is the Black Box.

The Republic Scientist who will tell you to see Bao-dur even after he left the module has been resolved so there is another dlg shown after Bao –dur leaves.

I started to add more detail in descriptions of datapads and quest items along with changing the icon to the Calm plant item so you can not wear it. The Crystal used for the door has different icon and now can not be used as a lightsaber upgrade.

You can find it at moddb.com download section and later at Deadlystreams

The Next Patch will add VOs as well as tweak and polish some of the Demo’s content.

This will include:
VOs
Re work of the assassin scene
Possible LS/DS options at 1 to 2 points in the Demo
And more to be announced as we closer to the Patch’s release

Last edited by logan23; 08-21-2011 at 10:02 PM.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:03 PM   #1486
jacolino1996
Rookie

Will it be uploaded to Moddb? Beacuse dont know why i cant download it

The Sith Lords are our speciality!
jacolino1996 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-21-2011, 10:03 PM   #1487
logan23
Veteran

Here is the Fix Patch Link

http://www.moddb.com/mods/revenge-of...ch-10-ror-demo

Old 08-22-2011, 02:35 AM   #1488
darth trea
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yul

I'm a newbie, so if I'm pointing out something you already knew about, don't take it the wrong way.

I leafed through the modding tips and tricks forum and found this thread on adding dialogue/lipsync:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=126746

Is anything in there relevant to the issue? I have a hard time playing most mods because of a lack of voice-overs, and I was seriously looking forward to having voices in this one, so I'd love to see this resolved.

Quote:

aright YUL l after i got the mod and the voices didnt work i changed it all to wave files and that didnt work but i havent tried mp3 so i would try that first...

and LOGAN23 when the full mod comes out could you have a manual install package (kinda like what was done in recruitable kay) where u dont use tsl patcher and install by dragging the files into the folders... (i have problems with tsl patcher... it takes forever to get it to work) uh thats all i really have to say

(caps on names so that you know who im talking to right off the bat)
darth trea is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-22-2011, 10:12 AM   #1489
jacolino1996
Rookie

Damn why demo ended in the best moment? . Anyway its true KotOR 3 for me

The Sith Lords are our speciality!
jacolino1996 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-22-2011, 11:24 AM   #1490
mr_dad
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacolino1996 View Post
Damn why demo ended in the best moment? . Anyway its true KotOR 3 for me
I agree with both statements.

mr_dad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-22-2011, 01:30 PM   #1491
Warlord664

Current Game: swtor
Contest winner - Modding 
Lol! I couldn't believe my eyes when it ended. I was like WHAT??!!!! I was just getting into the feel of the story. All the demo did was make me want act 1 even more lol. I think this is going to be one of the best mods ever created when its finished. Keep up the awesome work logan!
Warlord664 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2011, 07:08 AM   #1492
ReAs0n
Lurker

Logan How much percent of the game has been done for now ?
ReAs0n is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2011, 05:18 PM   #1493
darth trea
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord664 View Post
Lol! I couldn't believe my eyes when it ended. I was like WHAT??!!!! I was just getting into the feel of the story. All the demo did was make me want act 1 even more lol. I think this is going to be one of the best mods ever created when its finished. Keep up the awesome work logan!
lol i didnt even know it ended
darth trea is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2011, 12:41 AM   #1494
thelazygent
Rookie

Having problems when talking to Markus in the cantina.

Show spoiler
thelazygent is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2011, 04:07 PM   #1495
Anakin_Xisali
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelazygent View Post

Show spoiler
Show spoiler

-AX
Old 08-24-2011, 04:39 PM   #1496
logan23
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelazygent View Post

Show spoiler
I suspect you didn't have uldir and drayen in your active party.

Old 08-24-2011, 05:41 PM   #1497
thelazygent
Rookie

yes your right logan. I didnt know he joined the party and didnt add him to my team.

Also I have a question?

Show spoiler
Old 08-24-2011, 06:09 PM   #1498
Elite Duck
Rookie

I've been waiting for this demo to come out FOREVER and now that it's out. TSL won't launch!

Windows 7 sucks sometimes D:

Elite Duck is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2011, 06:11 PM   #1499
thelazygent
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Duck View Post
I've been waiting for this demo to come out FOREVER and now that it's out. TSL won't launch!

Windows 7 sucks sometimes D:
Did you try downloading the vista fix?

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...ista_Fix;85439
Old 08-24-2011, 06:16 PM   #1500
Elite Duck
Rookie

It's not that. My GPU is new so KotOR isn't compatible with it. I'm waiting to get Dell to send me an intergrated graphics driver (that somehow wasn't installed at the factory) so that I can play it. Though knowing Dell RoR will've come out anyway by the time they've pulled their fingers out.

Old 08-25-2011, 07:46 AM   #1501
SamuelMaki
Lurker

Current Game: Dead Space, PES2011
Quote:
It's not that. My GPU is new so KotOR isn't compatible with it. I'm waiting to get Dell to send me an intergrated graphics driver (that somehow wasn't installed at the factory) so that I can play it. Though knowing Dell RoR will've come out anyway by the time they've pulled their fingers out.
I have almost new gpu and the game plays fine I have hp pavilion dv6 and amd radeon hd5650... Are you sure the problem is your gpu? Have you tried the vista fix or xp-mode?
SamuelMaki is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-25-2011, 08:41 AM   #1502
Qui-Don Jorn

Helpful! 
Hey Logan,..got some more "content" for you to intergrate! Woohoo!
Qui-Don Jorn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-25-2011, 08:50 AM   #1503
Ferc Kast
Modder

Current Game: SWTOR
Helpful! Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction Veteran Modder 
Quote:
My GPU is newer than KotOR I & II , but runs them perfectly; Did you try running it as an administrator or with compatibility for XP Service Pack 2? That's how I got my copy of KotOR I & II running, without even needing the vista fix.

Ferc Kast is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-25-2011, 10:19 AM   #1504
Elite Duck
Rookie

KotOR is compatible with Nvidia 1,2,3 and 4 but not the 5 series. The intergrated graphics is basically the compatibility mode for my computer so that it can play old games.
Looking forward to playing it though!

Old 08-26-2011, 01:13 AM   #1505
Darth_Omnis
Lurker

Current Game: Any with 'Star Wars'
I was on a KotOR 1/2 mod site today and someone made metion of this in passing. It intrigued me enough to go searching. I literaly spent the Whole Day reading from the first post down to the most recent and I have to say I'm very pleased. Most 'major mods' kick off with a bang and then end up . And by major I mean they come up with a great idea and then end up bogged down by theri own genious and never finish. It's nice to see that hasn't happend here.

I actually had to dust off my list of usernames and passwords so I could come in and drop a message to you guys and give some support (however small it may seem, any support is better than no support).

Anyway, I had a question: Do you think in the final version you might add some sort of easter eggs? Nothing flashy, it could be something simple like a well-known quote from the movies or something interesing like finding a hidden door on Coursant and seeing a Chiss, you talk to him and he says something like, "SSSSSSHHHH! Quiet, I don't want anyone to see me. Hey what are you doing in a dark alleyway anyway?"

Small things like that can add a whole new reason to replay, just trying to see what funny things the devs. put in for thoes who actually go out and explore.

Anywho, that was my $.02 and just saying that this will be one of the best mods for KotOR 2. Ever. Of all Time.

If you only look forward,
Then you won't know of the things around you...
That's why God created the motion tracker!

Last edited by Darth_Omnis; 08-26-2011 at 09:00 AM.
Darth_Omnis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-26-2011, 12:40 PM   #1506
redrob41
Veteran

Current Game: just modding TSL
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Omnis View Post
I was on a KotOR 1/2 mod site today and someone made metion of this in passing. It intrigued me enough to go searching. I literaly spent the Whole Day reading from the first post down to the most recent and I have to say I'm very pleased.
which KotOR mod site was that?

Well, I'm glad someone was willing to read all 38 pages I know it's a lot, but most questions have already been answered in there somewhere. And support is always welcome

As for easter eggs, I'm sure there will be plenty of pleasant little suprises for everyone who is a fan of the Old Republic era I can't speak for the writers, but I've tried to put little winks and nods to other characters in much of the art I've done.

- Major character artist for the Revenge of Revan mod. -
- List of Completed Mods - Work in Progress Thread - Skinning Tutorial -
redrob41 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-26-2011, 03:20 PM   #1507
Darth_Omnis
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrob41 View Post
which KotOR mod site was that?
It was the KotOR filefront site. Ironically it was in reguards to a picture of the day easter egg
Someone made the comment that it looked like something logan23 would put in his KotOR thr- er, I mean KotOR two mod Thus began my journey to learn of this MMod: Massive Mod

Old 08-27-2011, 04:35 PM   #1508
Darth_Omnis
Lurker

Hey! I finished the demo and I am really loving it! Even with the rough edges(it is a beta after all) I could definitly see the diamond there. If I'm not mistaken, you still need voice actors? I'm was actually training in college to voice act, my major was in theater.

If you need any help just pm me some script and what kind of tone you want and I'll message you some clips! My only issue will be that I will most likely be sent out to boot camp sometime at the end of this year or the begginig of the next but I'll help anyway I can even if it's just secondary characters.

Old 08-31-2011, 08:44 AM   #1509
grandmasterrevan
Lurker

Hi Logan i've just finished the demo and i must say, it is fantastic, but i was thinking,(Strange question) once the mod is finished will it be released as a whole or in parts.

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to stress, stress leads to a loss of team perspective!

wait what?
grandmasterrevan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-31-2011, 09:39 AM   #1510
Darth_Omnis
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmasterrevan View Post
Hi Logan i've just finished the demo and i must say, it is fantastic, but i was thinking,(Strange question) once the mod is finished will it be released as a whole or in parts.
Probably due to the file size, it will more than likely be zipped into smaller peices.

Old 09-02-2011, 08:39 PM   #1511
logan23
Veteran

Quote:
It was the KotOR filefront site. Ironically it was in reguards to a picture of the day easter egg
Someone made the comment that it looked like something logan23 would put in his KotOR thr- er, I mean KotOR two mod Thus began my journey to learn of this MMod: Massive Mod
I'm glad you came across that

We are still looking for Voice actors.
I'm still working on how best to manage giving out the lines.
I'm looking at late Sept for a good deal of the lines being given out for the Demo's content.

Quote:
Hey Logan,..got some more "content" for you to intergrate! Woohoo!
Awesome!
I'm implementing this into the game this holiday weekend

Old 09-03-2011, 02:03 PM   #1512
mr_dad
Rookie

I can still do Vo's. And If you don't have anyone voicing Kyle, I volunteer.

mr_dad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-03-2011, 10:39 PM   #1513
mcgreggers99
Lurker

Current Game: Resident Evil 5
Quote:
I'm glad you came across that

We are still looking for Voice actors.
I'm still working on how best to manage giving out the lines.
I'm looking at late Sept for a good deal of the lines being given out for the Demo's content.

Awesome!
I'm implementing this into the game this holiday weekend
I just finished the demo tonight. I've been keeping an eye on this project for quite a while now (for at least a year), and I'm so excited to see such a talented group really stepping up in the mod community to put out something this great that will stick around for years to come. It's really exciting.

I've been around on the KOTOR movie chat pages too, but this project is really different in that it's an awesome example of people getting together to make something of real substance that everyone can play.

I was so ticked when the demo ended I was settled in for a marathon gaming session. lol

Anyway I'd like to send congrats to you guys for actually making it to beta, and I wish everyone the best of luck in completing the project.

I'd be glad to offer any assistance that I can.

I've done voice acting before in radio advertising and animated shorts in college. I'd be glad to offer my services in any capacity.

I can also do a little coding here and there, and I have tons of experience with recording and mixing audio.
mcgreggers99 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-04-2011, 06:02 PM   #1514
Anakin_Xisali
Rookie

Logan, RedRob, Kaui-Donn Jorn (whoever does the lightsaber models), I have a suggestion. I noticed that you have lightsaber hilts based on the lightsaber fighting styles, Shii-Cho, Makashi....

For the Form Shien, could you perhaps invert the model? I did a little research and found that most people who use the form Shien wield lightsabers backhanded, such as Adi Galia, Ahsoka Tano, Starkiller...

I also found a mod on filefront that's a little old where the modder took all the short sabers and inverted them, so I know it's possible at least in theory.

-AX
Old 09-06-2011, 06:22 PM   #1515
redrob41
Veteran

Current Game: just modding TSL
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
I just took a look at Wookieepedia, and I think that most of the notable practitioners held thier lightsabers in the standard way, and some of them used double sabers:

Quote:
Notable practitioners
■Kavar[2]
■Zez-Kai Ell[2]
■Vrook Lamar[2]
■Ulic Qel-Droma[3]
■Darth Bane[4]
■Aayla Secura[5]
■Plo Koon[6]
■Galen Marek[6]
■Anakin Skywalker[1]
■Kyle Katarn[7]
■Luke Skywalker[8]
I think that the main thing about Shien is that it isn't a purely defensive style: after a defensive parry, there is an aggressive counterstrike; likewise, blaster bolts get deflected back at attackers, rather than at innanimate objects. The hand grip position being reversed can be used, but isn't the primary use of the form.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Form_V:_Shien_/_Djem_So

Aside from that, while it would be possible to make some hilts with reversed grips, I don't think that the animations sync up as well, and therefore wouldn't be worth the effort. You'd have to use two sabers, because holding a sinigle blade upside down with two hands looks funny

- Major character artist for the Revenge of Revan mod. -
- List of Completed Mods - Work in Progress Thread - Skinning Tutorial -
redrob41 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2011, 08:06 PM   #1516
Anakin_Xisali
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrob41 View Post
I just took a look at Wookieepedia, and I think that most of the notable practitioners held thier lightsabers in the standard way, and some of them used double sabers:

I think that the main thing about Shien is that it isn't a purely defensive style: after a defensive parry, there is an aggressive counterstrike; likewise, blaster bolts get deflected back at attackers, rather than at innanimate objects. The hand grip position being reversed can be used, but isn't the primary use of the form.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Form_V:_Shien_/_Djem_So

Aside from that, while it would be possible to make some hilts with reversed grips, I don't think that the animations sync up as well, and therefore wouldn't be worth the effort. You'd have to use two sabers, because holding a sinigle blade upside down with two hands looks funny
Well, yessss....having one lightsaber held upside down would look funny. I was going to dual-wield, as that's what my character does. (Yes I did cheat to get the second saber, I know, I know )
I just thought having two would look cool.

-AX
Old 09-07-2011, 06:14 PM   #1517
.:Lord Revan:.

Current Game: MW3
It is good to know after being gone for a while I can come back and download the RoR demo YAHOOOO!!!! Great work guys!
.:Lord Revan:. is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-07-2011, 08:14 PM   #1518
Qui-Don Jorn

Helpful! 
Quote:

I agree.
Qui-Don Jorn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-08-2011, 03:00 AM   #1519
Bane's Heart
Rookie

Current Game: Modding for KOTOR2
Absolutely fantastic, I've been watching this mod grow from a simple idea and I'm astonished. However, I am a little hesitant downloading it.

Every single time I attempt to put a mod in my override folder a message pops up that says 'Unauthorised Access can not be changed" or something along these lines.

This is with a fairly average computer that runs Windows 7, any advise is much appreciated! And congrats on finally pumping out the first load of what will be the beast that Revenge of Revan is.
Bane's Heart is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-08-2011, 05:55 AM   #1520
Capibara
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane's Heart View Post
Every single time I attempt to put a mod in my override folder a message pops up that says 'Unauthorised Access can not be changed" or something along these lines.

This is with a fairly average computer that runs Windows 7, any advise is much appreciated! And congrats on finally pumping out the first load of what will be the beast that Revenge of Revan is.
I don't know for sure as i haven't tried windows 7 but it may be windows UAC that's responsible for that. Have you installed the game on the default directory (program files)? if so, uninstall, install it somewhere else and try again.
Capibara is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > [tsl] KOTOR: Revenge of Revan