Thread: Who Pre-Ordered SW:ToR?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-28-2011, 06:32 AM   #41
Ztalker
Saving the world casually

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Onasi View Post
Bioware says it's still working on some of the end game, and the last 10 levels are still somewhat unpolished (in comparison to early levels) by all reports, so it's hard to tell. I did hear from talks that came out of NY ComicCon last weekend that you'll have to play both LS and DS characters to get the full Revan story, so there was a bit of a teaser there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimartin View Post
mimartin does not do darkside. Darkside in real life, no reason to do it in games.
@Jae:
Seems their focus is good. Age of Conan did everything wrong, with content missing from levels 40-50. It's also good to hear that both sides get their info about Revan. If they'd made it LS only,the Republic players would probably outnumber the DS players 10:1. Question though...I'm going to play Empire, but can you be 'grey-Sith' where you are playing a 'good' Sith only killing when there's no other option? I'd hate to be forced to play a cliché Sith.

@minimartin:
You'd probably want to rethink that...in my experience, 70% of the players will play a Jedi. You'll be playing next to (cliché) people of <12 years who simply play the game because they can wield a shiny saber and because they like the movies, players who loved the Force Unleashed and got stuck on Kotor puzzles. They will ruin your game experience because they are focussed on their own story and gaming experience. IE: Playing a wrong armor and weapons equiped simply because they think it looks cool, instead of playing it in a social way, the way it's meant too. This has been the problem in Warcraft too. Because of WC3 adn the LOTR movies, the 'good' side outnumbers the 'evil' side vastly on most servers. Everyone wants to be a Legolas, Gimli or Aragorn. Not an Orc or Tauren..
It also means the 'evil' sides is MUCH better in PvP, because they'll face (relatively) more n00b teams.

OT:
My pre-order for the special edition failed.
Going to pre-order the 'normal' edition this week. Still looking for a Guild though, since I probably can't join the US servers. Maybe I'll check with some RL friends if they will be playing too.

Ztalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-28-2011, 12:46 PM   #42
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztalker View Post
@minimartin:
You'd probably want to rethink that...in my experience, 70% of the players will play a Jedi.
I figure that, but plan to stick with people I know as much as possible. Also not going to be a jedi, looking at a smuggler with some interest. If I go the other way then perhaps a bounty hunter.

Let's face it, I'm only playing TOR for the chance to stab Lynk in the back at some point during game play. If I get a shot at Mav and Jeff too, well that is all the merrier. j/k

mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO Forums > Game Discussion > Tython Temple > Who Pre-Ordered SW:ToR?