Thread: 2 Million Make the Jump to Lightspeed
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-06-2011, 11:20 PM   #1
News
starwarsmmo.net newsfeed

Lightbulb 2 Million Make the Jump to Lightspeed

EA has announced that over 2 million people took to space over the past few weekends and jumped in to give The Old Republic a test run. However, perhaps the most promising statistic is that the 725,000 unique users over … Continue reading »

Read the full story at starwarsmmo.net...
News is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-07-2011, 12:08 AM   #2
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Current Game: Soul Calibur 5
Cool! It's really taking off!

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-07-2011, 11:01 AM   #3
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
I wonder what the numbers will be like during Early Access... it's going to be funny seeing the huge lines waiting for stuff to respawn on the origin planets haha.

Lynk Former is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-07-2011, 11:25 AM   #4
Tommycat
>^..^<

Current Game: Real Life 1.0(BETA)
Forum Veteran 
Just all join a raid group. up to 24 can do it at once

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson
Tommycat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-07-2011, 11:31 AM   #5
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk Former View Post
I wonder what the numbers will be like during Early Access... it's going to be funny seeing the huge lines waiting for stuff to respawn on the origin planets haha.
The first beta weekend I was a part of was like that. They must have set the respawn really fast too, because sometime before I got my loot the bad guys has already respawn and were shooting me in the back.

During the stress test they seemed to have set the respawn rates slower, never had anything respawn before I got my loot. I did have to wait a few times for the boss to respawn though.

mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-07-2011, 11:32 AM   #6
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommycat View Post
Just all join a raid group. up to 24 can do it at once
Doesn't work that way... Raids (or "Operations" as they're called in TOR) are special scenarios for folks who have reached lv50 and have finished the main game.

The most folks can group together in the game outside of Operations is 4 players per group, so there will still be plenty of waiting in line.

Oh, and also, I think operations have up to 16 players in the group... I think, at least last I heard.

Old 12-07-2011, 12:28 PM   #7
Tommycat
>^..^<

Current Game: Real Life 1.0(BETA)
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk Former View Post
Doesn't work that way... Raids (or "Operations" as they're called in TOR) are special scenarios for folks who have reached lv50 and have finished the main game.

The most folks can group together in the game outside of Operations is 4 players per group, so there will still be plenty of waiting in line.

Oh, and also, I think operations have up to 16 players in the group... I think, at least last I heard.
We made a raid group to do the world boss on Coruscant at level 18(it's a level 18 superboss lol)

At least in Beta, you could form a group, then the group leader can change the group to "Operation" and there's operation 8, 16 and 24.

If you make a huge group, you can all get credit. Not that I expect anyone to actually be willing to do a 24 man group on a single NPC lol.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson
Tommycat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-07-2011, 12:36 PM   #8
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

orly? didn't think they'd allow that for regular stuff.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO Forums > News > Republic Holonet > 2 Million Make the Jump to Lightspeed