Thread: Character Creation, how many?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-06-2010, 12:06 AM   #1
Kejoin
Lurker

Character Creation, how many?

Does anyone know how many characters we can have? My guess is 2, but, like a said, a guess.
Kejoin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-06-2010, 06:49 AM   #2
RogueJedi86

Current Game: Star Wars: The Old Republic
10 year veteran! 
I assume 8 minimum since BioWare wants us to experience the stories of every class. No sense touting the unique stories for each class if you don't have enough character slots to make all 8.

"Sir,we are beginning our search for these rumored 'underwater villages'.They will not stay hidden for long". -Battle Droid Commander OOM-9!
RogueJedi86 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-06-2010, 02:44 PM   #3
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
I definitely know there will be more than two, but how many is anyone's guess. WoW allows up to 10 per server, I'd imagine it would be at least that many.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-06-2010, 04:16 PM   #4
Web Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
I definitely know there will be more than two, but how many is anyone's guess. WoW allows up to 10 per server, I'd imagine it would be at least that many.
It would make sense, if there are 8 unique classes, it would give us room t play one of each, and then replay our top two.

Of course it also depends on how servers are done.

"So if you go to Washington, it's buildings clean and nice. Bring a pack of matches...and we'll burn the White House twice!"

"Nobody's talking about extermination. No one ever does. They just do it." - Magneto

"Don't solicit for your sister, that's not nice, unless you get a good percentage of her price."
Web Rider is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-07-2010, 12:41 AM   #5
Hallucination
Baron von Sexy

Current Game: HKO closed beta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
To clarify for people who haven't played WoW, it's 10 per server and a maximum of 50 characters total.

Speaking of WoW's system, I would like something similar to it, especially if the story is as important as they say.

Let's kill ourselves.
Hallucination is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-07-2010, 09:28 PM   #6
Web Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallucination View Post
To clarify for people who haven't played WoW, it's 10 per server and a maximum of 50 characters total.

Speaking of WoW's system, I would like something similar to it, especially if the story is as important as they say.
Yeah, and they're gonna be pretty unpopular pretty quick if we have to delete characters we've worked real hard at and enjoy just to make a new one.

"So if you go to Washington, it's buildings clean and nice. Bring a pack of matches...and we'll burn the White House twice!"

"Nobody's talking about extermination. No one ever does. They just do it." - Magneto

"Don't solicit for your sister, that's not nice, unless you get a good percentage of her price."
Web Rider is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-09-2010, 09:00 AM   #7
TheRogueForums
Rookie

I'm thinking there will only be 6 character slots, with additional slots available for purchase.

TheRogueForums is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2011, 10:32 AM   #8
Master Finch
Rookie

Current Game: KotOR II / RB2
But being fair, with WoW you have lots of race-class combos, as you will have [no doubt] with this game. So we'll just have to see, eh?

Personally I'll only ever play each class once.

If you wish peace, prepare for war.

Master Finch is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-23-2011, 02:19 PM   #9
Ascended_Mike
Rookie

Current Game: SW:Kotor1 & 2
I can't tell you how many times i've rolled new WoW characters over the years. I've actually reached my 50 limit at one point. I love to play alts for some reason.
So that being said, the more the merrier for me!
Ascended_Mike is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-23-2011, 11:40 PM   #10
Deft Aklin
Retired Dark Jedi

LFN Staff Member 
8 per server in beta I believe, but again, we'll have to wait for the final build to be certain, as I heard this number has fluctuated between 8 and 10. Either way, there are very few classes I would actually play anyways.

Minister of Propaganda - The Endbringers
Formerly Deft Aklin - Regent of Dark Sovereignty/The Endbringers of Starsider
“The art of war teaches us to rely not on the likelihood of the enemy’s not coming, but on our own readiness to receive him;
Not on the chance of his not attacking, but rather on the fact that we have made our position unassailable.” –The Art of War, Sun Tzu

wevegotcookies.com
Deft Aklin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-08-2011, 12:14 PM   #11
MajikMyst
Rookie

Current Game: SWTOR
You can have 8 per server.. Now that the NDA is lifted.. I can talk..

Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?
MajikMyst is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO Forums > Game Discussion > Tython Temple > Character Creation, how many?

Tags
character, mmo, star wars