lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: [statement] I believe in KOTOR3
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-08-2011, 07:02 AM   #1
Master_Lin
Rookie
 
Master_Lin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: France
Posts: 15
Current Game: TOR
[statement] I believe in KOTOR3

Query : Why do I believe in it ?
Answer : Because BioWare Austin is the studio to look at if you want KOTOR3 to be released.

Why ? Because since their restructuration with Mythic, Dr.Zeschuk has been promoted as the responsible for Bioware's MMO games and all star wars-related games.

Okey, EA is a ****ty empire ( no troll please ), but I believe we can still have hope.

If anyhow, Kotor3 had to be made, Here is my list of things I wish to be included :
-Engine : Unreal Engine 3
-Worlds : all worlds related to Kotor , even the worlds beyond the outer rims
-Characters : Bastila, Carth, Mission, Zaalbar, Juhani, Canderous, the Exile, HK-47, T3-M4, the Sith Imperator, and Mandalore.
-Features : Galaxy map, Crafting, Space battle

Maybe you have more things you wish to be implemented in the game ?





Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.
Master_Lin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-08-2011, 08:42 PM   #2
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.
 
TKA-001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,535
Forum Veteran 


"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-09-2011, 09:58 AM   #3
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User
 
Ctrl Alt Del's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Posts: 3,814
Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
I really don't understand your logic.


Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-09-2011, 10:02 AM   #4
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?
 
Prime's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Cybertron
Posts: 12,349
Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
I don't see any logic that I could then go ahead and not understand.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-09-2011, 12:18 PM   #5
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User
 
Ctrl Alt Del's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Posts: 3,814
Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
It's pretty confusing to even.


Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-09-2011, 01:21 PM   #6
Master_Lin
Rookie
 
Master_Lin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: France
Posts: 15
Current Game: TOR
It's sad to hear. Maybe it's because im french ? I don't actually have the logic of americans nor britishs.





Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.
Master_Lin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-09-2011, 03:16 PM   #7
Miltiades
Death... by Exile
 
Miltiades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bruges, Belgium
Posts: 2,831
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Lin View Post
I don't actually have the logic of americans nor britishs.
Americans and Brits have weird logic, I agree.


PSN id: BE_Miltiades

Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-09-2011, 03:53 PM   #8
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...
 
jonathan7's Avatar
 
Status: Moderator
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ivory Tower
Posts: 3,676
Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miltiades View Post
Americans and Brits have weird logic, I agree.
Shut up or we'll invade and take away the weapons we sold you!



"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-09-2011, 08:57 PM   #9
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck
 
Qui-Gon Glenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Thessia
Posts: 1,465
Current Game: ME3MP, Arkham Origins
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Forum Veteran Veteran Modder 
Logic is logic.... regardless of the language it is being used in.

Logic is not location specific, it simply is.

Logic is the same for Descartes, Sartre or Camus as it is for Russell, Locke or Nietszche.

. . .


I wonder who Dr. Zeschuk is, why his taking over said position has any relevance to KotOR3, and how you can justify "having hope".... Hope we can "have", but it is never "justified" as hoping for something is irrational; or in the context of this post, hoping is illogical.


Want to play a game of ME3MP?
Qui-Gon_Glenn on the software of which we shall not name.... add me and the enemy shall fall in chunks of crimson salsa
Qui-Gon Glenn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-09-2011, 11:36 PM   #10
Darth Avlectus
Your point?
 
Darth Avlectus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Attack on Titan
Posts: 4,255
Current Game: Soul Calibur 5
...Wait, there were weapons being sold? Why am I always the last to know about these things?!


"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-10-2011, 04:41 PM   #11
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User
 
Ctrl Alt Del's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Posts: 3,814
Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Lin View Post
It's sad to hear. Maybe it's because im french ? I don't actually have the logic of americans nor britishs.
Count Brazillian logic out of the equation too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Glenn View Post
Logic is logic.... regardless of the language it is being used in.

Logic is not location specific, it simply is.

Logic is the same for Descartes, Sartre or Camus as it is for Russell, Locke or Nietszche.
What about Dr. Spock?

Quote:
I wonder who Dr. Zeschuk is
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Zeschuk
One of the bigwigs in Bioware since the dawn of time (or as long as I can remember).


Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-11-2011, 07:56 AM   #12
Taak Farst
Eat The Rude
 
Taak Farst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: England
Posts: 1,561
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miltiades View Post
Americans and Brits have weird logic, I agree.
Hell yea!


Taak Farst is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-11-2011, 05:26 PM   #13
Darth Avlectus
Your point?
 
Darth Avlectus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Attack on Titan
Posts: 4,255
Current Game: Soul Calibur 5
What about Dr. Wily?


"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-19-2011, 12:21 AM   #14
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck
 
Qui-Gon Glenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Thessia
Posts: 1,465
Current Game: ME3MP, Arkham Origins
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Forum Veteran Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl Alt Del View Post
What about Dr. Spock?
Same difference, time and space are irrelevant to logic.

( that was meant good-humoredly)

As for Dr. Wily.... He and Wario have some 'splaining to do!


Want to play a game of ME3MP?
Qui-Gon_Glenn on the software of which we shall not name.... add me and the enemy shall fall in chunks of crimson salsa
Qui-Gon Glenn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-19-2011, 02:15 AM   #15
Tommycat
>^..^<
 
Tommycat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,578
Current Game: Real Life 1.0(BETA)
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl Alt Del View Post
What about Dr. Spock?
His baby books were completely illogical.


"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson
Tommycat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-20-2011, 07:39 AM   #16
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck
 
Qui-Gon Glenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Thessia
Posts: 1,465
Current Game: ME3MP, Arkham Origins
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Forum Veteran Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommycat View Post
His baby books were completely illogical.
Forgot about that Spock. Have to agree with ya though.


Want to play a game of ME3MP?
Qui-Gon_Glenn on the software of which we shall not name.... add me and the enemy shall fall in chunks of crimson salsa
Qui-Gon Glenn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-04-2011, 12:55 PM   #17
Dr. Ethan Asia
Lurker
 
Dr. Ethan Asia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Teufort, Badlands
Posts: 1
Current Game: Red Orchestra 2
Did someone mention doctors?

OT: I think KoTOR 3 is wishful thinking on everyone's part. With the new MMO, it simply wouldn't be profitable, and we all know how much EA loves profit.
Dr. Ethan Asia is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-24-2011, 01:22 PM   #18
S_W_LeGenD
Rookie
 
S_W_LeGenD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Asia
Posts: 56
I doubt that KOTOR 3 has been planned. SWTOR is the main project now. Also, novels are being released to explain what happened before the events of SWTOR.

Furthermore, even if KOTOR 3 is planned, I doubt that Exile would be a playable character in it. She is dead and would be in the form of a Force Ghost at maximum with whom we may interact during game. Revan can be the main character of that game though, if he is alive.
S_W_LeGenD is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-24-2011, 11:09 PM   #19
Tommycat
>^..^<
 
Tommycat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,578
Current Game: Real Life 1.0(BETA)
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Glenn View Post
Forgot about that Spock. Have to agree with ya though.
You forgot that Spock was Captain Spock, Commander Spock(and LCDR, but still called commander), Ambassador Spock, but not Dr Spock?

At the subject:
I really don't see a K3 being likely. Too much has been set in canon. Plus K2 kinda made it so you couldn't continue with Revan or the other party members. Thanks to K2 most of them have moved on. The Jedi are all gone save for the Exile(and his party). IF there were going to be a continuation of that as an SP game, I think it's missed the opportunity. It would have been better prior to the MMO.


"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson
Tommycat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2011, 12:02 AM   #20
Blix
Veteran
 
Blix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Aboard the Ravager
Posts: 865
Current Game: Morrowind & Dark Arisen
I would settle for a fan-based K3 at this point, given that *if* the right people were to work on it and because it would probably be more gratuitous with considering all of the party members who have for all purposes "vanished" (i.e. Mission, Zaalbar, Jolee, Atton, Baor-Dur, etc).



Last edited by Blix; 10-27-2011 at 02:35 AM.
Blix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2011, 12:39 AM   #21
Tommycat
>^..^<
 
Tommycat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,578
Current Game: Real Life 1.0(BETA)
Forum Veteran 
Biggest mistake of K2. No Jolee Bindo


"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson
Tommycat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2011, 01:10 AM   #22
Totenkopf
English spoken in What
 
Totenkopf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: What?
Posts: 4,787
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
JB certainly would have fit in with the darker tone of TSL, given his cynical and obstreperous nature.


Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-30-2011, 08:49 PM   #23
annihilator599
Lurker
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2
why udk3? here are alot better engines out there such as cryengine3. + you do know that companies usually program their own engines right? i mean ya bw used heroengine for tor, but they have their own engine called aurora that they used on dragon age. the company that made the witcher also bought a copy of that engine and used it in their game. chances are if they make a kotor 3 it will be their own engine.
annihilator599 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-30-2011, 09:56 PM   #24
Zerimar Nyliram
Senior Member
 
Zerimar Nyliram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Pittsburgh, PA USA
Posts: 1,449
Forum Veteran 
Here's a copy-and-paste of my post from the ideas thread:

Quote:
There won't be a KOTOR 3. Everything coming out now has ruled that possibility out completely. Drew Karpyshyn just released a novel telling of what happens to Revan and the Exile between KOTOR and TOR in lieu of a third game, so it's safe to say that the final nail in the coffin has just been hammered.


Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2012, 03:20 PM   #25
Q
The one who knocks
 
Q's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: ABQ
Posts: 6,643
Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
I used to believe in fairies.

I don't anymore.


"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2012, 06:23 PM   #26
Liverandbacon
I'm only worth a piano?
 
Liverandbacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 651
Forum Veteran LF Jester Folder extraordinaire 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
I used to believe in fairies.

I don't anymore.
Well that's stupid, when there's a true story proving they're real.




--Too Dumb to Quit--
Liverandbacon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2012, 09:55 PM   #27
Darth Avlectus
Your point?
 
Darth Avlectus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Attack on Titan
Posts: 4,255
Current Game: Soul Calibur 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Glenn View Post
Same difference, time and space are irrelevant to logic.

( that was meant good-humoredly)
Did someone say something about the 4000 series digital logic chips?

Quote:
As for Dr. Wily.... He and Wario have some 'splaining to do!
What is this nonsense?! I demand to know the meaning of this at once!


"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > [statement] I believe in KOTOR3

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:07 PM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.