lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Things You'd Like to See in KotOR III.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-04-2010, 04:54 AM   #121
DarthNero666
Lurker

id like to see them make kotors based on certain periods of time in the star wars universe timeline.. ie.. the first jedi civil war(the schism kreia discusses) or the exar kun, the hyperspace war or they could just add new story to the time line all together.. this of course after and if ever they make a kotor 3.. making a kotor 3 should be an asap priority. you dont have a cliff hanger ending and just leave it at that with out finishing the story.
DarthNero666 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-19-2011, 12:47 PM   #122
SilentDeath
Lurker

HK-47 In It (Who Doesn't?)

And, More Planets... Alderaan Maybe?

SilentDeath is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-29-2011, 01:55 PM   #123
Tommycat
>^..^<

Current Game: Real Life 1.0(BETA)
Forum Veteran 
Interestingly enough Almost every thing mentioned on page 1 is in TOR.
Diverging story lines: Yep
More Story: By leaps and bounds
Character customization: Yep
Couruscant: Yep
Better ship: yep
Space combat: sorta yep
Bioware: Yep
Better blasters: yep
Plot twists: Not spoiling it, but yep
More planets: Yep
Sorry, they did revisit Tat.
Wanking to Revan: not so much.
Cameos: HK does, don't know about Kreia or any of the others. Bastilla's kin is.
Reasonable explanation for having rebuilt the order: Check
non-jedi main(if you so choose): Thankfully YES
Play as a Sith: Yep.
Grey as an option: not really. you have good or bad choices. Neutral is rarely an option

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson
Tommycat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-02-2011, 01:41 PM   #124
UltimateHK47
Forumite

Current Game: Kotor 1
i noticed, thpugh TOR will be not as good as kotor because
1.Pay monthly (my problem)
2.Not unique, i saw a comment once about saying if they wer in TOR and were with a friend they'd say i saved the galexy and i only had the power to do it
and the friend would say SAME HERE
Though multiplayer would be good for Kotor 3 and lets hope TOR fails because then BF3 RC2 And Kotor 3 nught come to Lucus Arts head!
UltimateHK47 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-02-2011, 05:51 PM   #125
Tommycat
>^..^<

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthJango/Weasley View Post
i noticed, thpugh TOR will be not as good as kotor because
1.Pay monthly (my problem)
2.Not unique, i saw a comment once about saying if they wer in TOR and were with a friend they'd say i saved the galexy and i only had the power to do it
and the friend would say SAME HERE
Though multiplayer would be good for Kotor 3 and lets hope TOR fails because then BF3 RC2 And Kotor 3 nught come to Lucus Arts head!
1) Can't get around that.
2) I saved the galaxy from Malak and the Star Forge. Only I could do it. Same thing except, more friends.

Better hope it DOESN'T fail. If it does, you won't see another game set in the Old Republic era. If it succeeds massively, you may see games released for the consoles that cannot do the MMO. Then get ported to PC(if you prefer). LA, Bioware and EA have a great deal invested in this. If it tanks as you hope, they are more likely to blame it on people not being as interested in Star Wars games. Heck they might just stop altogether.

Lets face it, TOR is one of the best Star Wars games out there. If it fails, good luck convincing LA to get another game out.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson
Old 12-03-2011, 01:24 PM   #126
UltimateHK47
Forumite

Well, to be honest, the only reason why i wont get Tor is because i have to pay monthley, and im not spending my allowance and my parents would never play. Although i hope they dont ruin HK-47.And, maybe TOR dosn't have to fail, or massively succede, as they'll probobly only do expansion packs and that like WOW for the next couple of years...
Old 12-03-2011, 09:40 PM   #127
Tommycat
>^..^<

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Well, to be honest, the only reason why i wont get Tor is because i have to pay monthley, and im not spending my allowance and my parents would never play. Although i hope they dont ruin HK-47.And, maybe TOR dosn't have to fail, or massively succede, as they'll probobly only do expansion packs and that like WOW for the next couple of years...
That's fine. I can understand that aspect. An MMO is a significant time and money investment for someone with a limited budget.

As for Ruining HK-47. Unlike SOE with Galaxies, BioWare INVENTED HK-47. I'm sure they'll keep that sadistic droid as we love him.

If it succeeds, they may look at creating spin off games for consoles.

Old 12-04-2011, 01:08 PM   #128
UltimateHK47
Forumite

I agree with everything said, though Bioware must notice the hundreds (maybe) thousands screaming for a kotor 3. So they'll proboly make it. SOmeday. I think TOR will be very popular for the people around 16 - whatever because they would have a job and would be fine with payinng the subscription. Now, if there was a f2p version...
Old 12-04-2011, 01:32 PM   #129
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
There won't be a KOTOR 3. Everything coming out now has ruled that possibility out completely. Drew Karpyshyn just released a novel telling of what happens to Revan and the Exile between KOTOR and TOR in lieu of a third game, so it's safe to say that the final nail in the coffin has just been hammered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-06-2011, 09:22 PM   #130
90SK
Universal Figment

Current Game: Tetris
Resemblance to KotOR 1 & 2.

90SK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-06-2011, 09:35 PM   #131
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Since this mostly seems to be little more than an intellectual exercise/(forlorn)wish list, I'd like to see a game where you can opt to be either Revan or the Exile and then watch the story unfold from either vantage point in a way that addresses the identity and agenda of the "true sith" as though TOR had never been made in the first place. An RPG, but with a lot of FPS type action (ie lots of enemies to kill) that doesn't skimp on story development in favor of said action, while avoiding too many cliche's (no deus ex-machina type crap for instance). Also, it should conclude in a way that you know what happens to your companions from both prequels. Tall order? Maybe. But the question IS open-ended.

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-07-2011, 03:49 PM   #132
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Current Game: Soul Calibur 5
I'd like to see hookers.

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-08-2011, 09:08 AM   #133
Tommycat
>^..^<

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Avlectus View Post
I'd like to see hookers.
Also in TOR

Old 12-08-2011, 01:24 PM   #134
UltimateHK47
Forumite

TOR wont be kid friendly i think, too many adult players and adult features. Hmm, me thinks
Old 12-09-2011, 01:05 AM   #135
Slvr
Rookie

Current Game: Oblivion
I want HK-47
Slvr is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-10-2011, 12:53 AM   #136
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Quote:
TOR wont be kid friendly i think, too many adult players and adult features. Hmm, me thinks
No it won't be as, err, how to say 'intimacy intensive' in the relationship dynamics of the game compared with the likes of drag'n'scoot, uhh dragon age and ass eff, I mean mass effect.

Though there is a little tidbit here and there I'm sure. It's a teen game, though.

Basically, it's going to become like Second Life if it gets too adult, the staff will step in and simply start making restrictions.

Old 12-10-2011, 01:05 AM   #137
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommycat View Post
Interestingly enough Almost every thing mentioned on page 1 is in TOR.
Diverging story lines: Yep
More Story: By leaps and bounds
Character customization: Yep
Couruscant: Yep
Better ship: yep
Space combat: sorta yep
Bioware: Yep
Better blasters: yep
Plot twists: Not spoiling it, but yep
More planets: Yep
Sorry, they did revisit Tat.
Wanking to Revan: not so much.
Cameos: HK does, don't know about Kreia or any of the others. Bastilla's kin is.
Reasonable explanation for having rebuilt the order: Check
non-jedi main(if you so choose): Thankfully YES
Play as a Sith: Yep.
Grey as an option: not really. you have good or bad choices. Neutral is rarely an option
Pay every month to keep playing the game: Yep

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-10-2011, 12:09 PM   #138
Tommycat
>^..^<

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Would you release a kid on the internet alone? If not, then yeah TOR won't be kid friendly as there are a bunch of adults and people with absolutely abrasive language. Though that can be fixed with turning off the chat pane. There are no chat bubbles, so you can't see what someone is saying right in front of you. All scenes of adult nature are in fade to black. LucasArts would not allow a game like this to be too adult in nature. Heck they removed Spice from Galaxies because it was too much like drugs.

@sabretooth:
I spend more than $15 a week on take out. Heck one night in the restaurant with my girlfriend is more than $50. Also, how much would you pay to have your save games kept safe no matter what hardware you go to. If you stop playing for a few months and cancel your account, and come back and lost your install disk(assuming the free trial system later) but remembered your login info, you get your game and your saved progress back.

Old 12-11-2011, 05:04 PM   #139
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

I'm such a good influence.

Old 12-12-2011, 11:50 AM   #140
UltimateHK47
Forumite

But in one of the packs you get a twilek dancer who is basicly a pole dancer
HoloDancer
Go to the tor page with the things liek collecters standered and that is a feature. I meen, who would be happy if there kids were looking at a galactic slut.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:22 PM   #141
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommycat View Post
@sabretooth: Also, how much would you pay to have your save games kept safe no matter what hardware you go to.
Zero, I'd use a free online backup tool like SugarSync.

Old 12-12-2011, 08:26 PM   #142
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Quote:
But in one of the packs you get a twilek dancer who is basicly a pole dancer
HoloDancer
Go to the tor page with the things liek collecters standered and that is a feature. I meen, who would be happy if there kids were looking at a galactic slut.
T for Teen for a reason, so it's bound to be mild compared to real life...or at least compared to hentai and renderotica. At 13 I'd think most kids have an idea of what a pole dancer is/does anyways, even if they aren't fully aware of just what that would actually entail IRL.

Besides, most parents aren't going to shell out $150 for the collector's edition anyways just so their kid can spoil itself online--nor would they condone their minor spending so much chore money on one game.

Though I sure wish commercials of medicines and products relating to sexual intimacy weren't broadcast *right at dinner*--I'll never forget christmas last year at my neighbors' house, and their 8 year old son asked about erectile dysfunction and cervical incompetence. It was funny, but at the same time...

Old 12-12-2011, 09:31 PM   #143
90SK
Universal Figment

Current Game: Tetris
I think a KotOR III that drastically innovates the climate of its setting with creative innovations relevant to the timeline of the previous two games, and also the MMO if possible or necessary, would be met with massive support and success from the gaming community.

90SK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-13-2011, 12:00 AM   #144
DeathScepter
Rookie

new combat animations. For Example, Throws and striking combination. Useful fighting styles.
DeathScepter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-13-2011, 11:40 AM   #145
UltimateHK47
Forumite

Quote:
T for Teen for a reason, so it's bound to be mild compared to real life...or at least compared to hentai and renderotica. At 13 I'd think most kids have an idea of what a pole dancer is/does anyways, even if they aren't fully aware of just what that would actually entail IRL.

Besides, most parents aren't going to shell out $150 for the collector's edition anyways just so their kid can spoil itself online--nor would they condone their minor spending so much chore money on one game.

Though I sure wish commercials of medicines and products relating to sexual intimacy weren't broadcast *right at dinner*--I'll never forget christmas last year at my neighbors' house, and their 8 year old son asked about erectile dysfunction and cervical incompetence. It was funny, but at the same time...
haha, really? Well, thats true, though i really think paying taht much money for a game is pretty stupid as your going to have to keep paying. But each to their own. Though any chance of a k3 id love if it was on 3ds. You may thinks its stupid, but imagine top quality starwars graphics in 3d...
Old 12-15-2011, 04:17 PM   #146
DeathScepter
Rookie

If Revan again, on gender, decided whom they romanced or not.

If Not romanced, Revan is single.

Kotor 3 needs to be a direct sequel to Kotor 1 and post Kotor 2. Kotor 3 explains what happens to Revan's companions, Carth as Admiral. Finding Mandalore's mask. Uncovering a plot against Revan's life.

Also within the intro, Revan suffers from Force Exhastion. Basicly Revan overdid it on the StarForge and his force abilties are shut down for awhile. Also some of the intro does cover if he was still considered still dead or alive. If Dead at large, then he will not have a medal, if Alive at large, medals and people will take notice of you.

If Revan is male and Single, Bastila and he are close friends during Kotor 1, and she marries Zergreg(prounced Sir Greg) a Jedi Healer that he healed her wound after The Starforge battle. Zergreg is a quiet young man that devotes himself to the Jedi Healing arts and is a close friend of Bastila before and during Kotor 1.

If Revan is Female and Single or Male, Carth and her are close friends and Carth marries an attractive yet Reserved Jedi Counslar that is a Jedi Shadow. This Jedi Counslar thinks Carth is quite handsome and thinks his son is cute too. Also She is an sensible Carth Onasi fangirl.
Old 12-16-2011, 08:33 PM   #147
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Quote:
haha, really? Well, thats true, though i really think paying taht much money for a game is pretty stupid as your going to have to keep paying. But each to their own.
You're certainly allowed your opinion, however you're forgetting the physically collectible articles that come with it which may one day replace what you initially spent and possibly then some.

And I didn't say pay forever on subscription. Just however long it is important to you...then just wait until it's obsolete and use an emulator program to interact with it so you can continue to play if you want.

Quote:
Though any chance of a k3 id love if it was on 3ds.
Keep dreaming.

Quote:
You may thinks its stupid, but imagine top quality starwars graphics in 3d...
I find it amusing you're making assumptions about what I think.

Old 12-17-2011, 06:25 PM   #148
Paxis
Lurker

If anything, LucasArts *might* redo KOTOR/II as KOTOR III and release it as an updated version of both games. Who knows, I doubt it would actually happen.
Paxis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-17-2011, 11:01 PM   #149
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

Quote:
I find it amusing you're making assumptions about what I think.
may ≠ will

Old 12-18-2011, 01:53 AM   #150
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

I've looked into the 3DS, pretty sweet graphical capabilities I'm with you on that, weasley. K3 isn't going to oficially happen, though. Ce la vie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
may ≠ will
Supposition and anticipation are still assumptions, albeit more open ended. That's okay, I really don't mind actually.

Old 12-18-2011, 06:15 AM   #151
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

Quote:
Supposition and anticipation are still assumptions, albeit more open ended. That's okay, I really don't mind actually.
He was just pointing out the possibility that you may think it is stupid, that doesn't sound like much of an assumption to me.

Old 12-18-2011, 02:58 PM   #152
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
It's an assumption nevertheless b/c he doesn't know what DA might actually think either way. Still, as was pointed out......don't matter nohow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA
I'd like to see hookers.
Maybe HK-47 could expand his repertoire to include pimping sith/jedi/etc hos...

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-19-2011, 07:21 PM   #153
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

@ Topic of MMO: Peeps can bitch all they want but it isn't going to change anything. Yea I don't like the idea of a subscription fee every month either but considering I pay bills every month (we ALL do), it wouldn't bother me to pay a fee for a time to enjoy a little something for awhile. Enjoyment and fandom should be the sole reasons though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
He was just pointing out the possibility that you may think it is stupid, that doesn't sound like much of an assumption to me.
Well if it's ambiguity y'all are on about, no I don't think it's stupid. Hell, I know tons of people who wished for K3, but since they know it won't be happening, they loathe that TOR won't also be for console systems as well.

Old 12-24-2011, 12:53 PM   #154
DeathScepter
Rookie

having a swoop bike battle while listening to Dare to be stupid by Weird Al. Ramming people and blasting them to hell.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:36 AM   #155
UltimateHK47
Forumite

I love how i havn't written or checked this thread in a while and a little conversation has come about. NO it wasn't an assumption. Although itd be cool to use the stulus for attacks. YES 3ds has sweet graphics compared to the older models that have horrible graphics. And, were lucky we have a modding community that can attempt to created "a third game" and im gonna keep playing TJM 1.0 for now. And yes, kotor for consoles sounds pretty good. Although id still play it on pc. And finally having a custimisable ship and a bank of corusant.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:33 AM   #156
jedi_consular16
Rookie

IMO....in order for a KOTOR III to be worthwhile, the first thing you would need is for Mr. Karpyshyn's (SP?) novel as well as SWToR to be retconned into oblivion. Somehow, I don't think Bioware nor LucasArts would ever allow it.
jedi_consular16 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-19-2012, 11:49 PM   #157
Obi-Wan Bologna
Rookie

Are people at LA just completely unaware that we all would have preferred a KOTOR III? It's been proven they started on the game and had a lot done and dropped it because of financial difficulty, but why didn't they just put it on the backburner and do it later, like as in now? TOR may get a large fanbase, but it's not a great continuation of the series.

Formerly Obi-Wan Baloney
Obi-Wan Bologna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-20-2012, 04:27 PM   #158
jedi_consular16
Rookie

No they're aware, just probably do not think the cost:benefit ratio is worth it. Especially after SW: The Force Unleashed games and now ToR, they would not want to saturate the market with SW titles, the popularity, at least in my opinion, is not enough to support so many titles back to back especially being on the same platform and so similar in game play.

Plus, KOTOR's engine and system are dated. I'm not a game developer and I have no experience in programming but I do not think that there is a game engine today that would fit KOTOR (at least, the style that we know and love) without major revamp or just a whole new engine from scratch. BioWare for instance, besides ToR has been mainly working on Mass Effect and its sequels. I love those games, but the combat would not fit KOTOR. Or at least, I doubt so.

But, even with all those considerations (plus many others that have been discussed here and elsewhere) I think you answered your own question. If TOR gets a large fanbase, which it does seem to have, why bother with anything else but expansions and DLC for TOR? That is where they can make money, and at the end of the day that is why games are produced and developed. Even if one wanted to argue for the sake of story continuity, for all intents and purposes they already did that by including mentioning both Revan and the Exile in TOR.
jedi_consular16 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-23-2012, 03:51 PM   #159
UltimateHK47
Forumite

That is very true. I mean, why would a company like LA just go for the fans wishes. No, mney is everything. I understand, just dislike it. Mods are the best we can do for now, but fans will eventually get bored of no new features. They could alsway make an expansion pack for kotor, adding new features to the engine...

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...12#post2807812
The Turret Arcade 1.2 ^^

USED TO BE KNOWN AS DARTH JANGO/WEASLEY
Old 01-23-2012, 04:27 PM   #160
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Bologna View Post
TOR may get a large fanbase, but it's not a great continuation of the series.
Says someone that has not tried it.

Many of the references in TOR to TSL or KotOR have left me wanting, but overall I believe TOR is very much in line with the KotOR experience. Plays an awful lot like a RPG (too much for some MMO players). Only speaking from the Smugglers story line, but the story is very entertaining and unique. Game play is fun, but by no means easy (at least for a old fart like me). So far the KotOR/TSL fanboy in me is very happy calling TOR a sequel to the franchise. A few little things I would like to change, but as a person that once stated as a fact I would never play a MMO that charged monthly, I am very happy someone talked me into this game.

So things I would like to see in KotOR III? I am already playing KotOR III and loving it.

Last edited by mimartin; 01-25-2012 at 01:36 PM.
mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > Things You'd Like to See in KotOR III.