lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: SWB3 Ideas
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-18-2007, 04:26 PM   #41
darkjedimonkey
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKnight23
that would get very complicated and hard to do in the heat of battle. I like it better that the troops do what they want, can be a little annoying when they don't do what u want them to but thats the AI for u. You start bringing tactical combat into this and u take away the AI's freedom to do as it wants.
i agree. i mean maybe more complexity to "cover me"
maybe they could actually cover you instead of just following u
darkjedimonkey is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-19-2007, 05:16 AM   #42
DeathKnight23
Rookie

yeah, but when they followed u they did attack enemies when they ran across them, was there a cover me in BF1? i thought it was follow me, move out, wait here/stand ground and something else.

There's something that lurks in the shadows... Its not me, but i wish it was.

"I think we lost something"
"Not to worry, we're still flying half a ship"

"All is lost untill it is found"

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
DeathKnight23 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-19-2007, 08:38 PM   #43
darkjedimonkey
Rookie

your character said "cover me" every once in a while if u pressed follow me.
i just think more smarter AI would be better. (obviously)
Old 12-20-2007, 03:54 AM   #44
DeathKnight23
Rookie

smarter controls would be nice too i remember havin to press the right analog stick a million times b4 the AI would actually follow me

There's something that lurks in the shadows... Its not me, but i wish it was.

"I think we lost something"
"Not to worry, we're still flying half a ship"

"All is lost untill it is found"

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
DeathKnight23 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-20-2007, 03:05 PM   #45
darkjedimonkey
Rookie

yeah.....
maps i want

bespin
hoth
rhen var
genoisis (bf1)
any place the clones where
any place the rebels fought
more maps on coruscant and place from comic books
Old 12-24-2007, 08:03 AM   #46
MedicineBaby
Lurker

What 'Marcho' suggested earlier on in the thread, with weapon and armor customisation. To try and make a more unique 'killing machine' on the battlefield. Have the statistics and awards from each match you play contribute to something, such as better armor, skills and accuracy.

Possibly even to try and make the game more strategic based, rather than everyone running head on to each other. Have an element of destructable terrain that can contribute to better strategic positioning.

Allow the players to have a larger and more furious combat zone, with the controller of such large ships as the star destroyer. Of course when you crash a ship into another they will both explode not just the one that did the attack. To prevent people from constantly doing this to try to win a match, have more points deducted from your side than just the amount of players killed. For example crashing a star destroyer = -20 points.
MedicineBaby is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-26-2007, 04:45 PM   #47
darkjedimonkey
Rookie

thats a good idea
Old 01-02-2008, 05:55 AM   #48
sviskejuice
Rookie

Yeah, but SWBF isn't a RPG.

S*V*I*S*K*E*J*U*I*C*E
sviskejuice is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2008, 12:30 PM   #49
JawaEater
Lurker

it would be great if the game wasnt only based on the movie planets! and if they had EU planets and ones not included in the movies or story and it wouldnt just be for hardcore Star Wars fans!

Read the rules. This is your only warning.
~Phreak
JawaEater is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2008, 06:19 PM   #50
darkjedimonkey
Rookie

like ur ideas
especially not just movie plantets
and also...
you dont have to post again and again.
u can add to one post. u just click edit on the bottom right of the post.
i can see u havent posted a lot yet.
Old 01-06-2008, 11:38 PM   #51
dr.w
Lurker

i agree with natrat29, controlling capital ships is stupid. just think of how slow and clumsy piloting a star destroyer would be.
dr.w is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-29-2008, 03:29 PM   #52
NL_Sudentor
Rookie

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKnight23
i wouldn't say commanding capital ships is dumb, just a little extreme, i would like to see more than 1 capital ship for each side in space battles, that would make it more entertaining.

I'm really not sure about this customization idea, changing the colors of ur character could work i suppose.

Yeah indeed, and you must be able to destroy an capital ship and there must be a limitation for bombers (like only 8 on the battle) so more fighters get into action.
And it would be great if you can be hero's in space.
And especially jango and boba fet with their great seismic charges!!
NL_Sudentor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-15-2009, 10:28 AM   #53
MASTACHIEFPWN
Lurker

The hundreds of people on a map has not yet been accomplished, with full graphical power, their is a game engine that can provide hundreds of people on a map, but graphics suffer. But I think that they should do something like 3 weapons, or being able to pick up weapons you find...
MASTACHIEFPWN is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-16-2009, 09:25 PM   #54
M@RS
The New Tax Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTACHIEFPWN View Post
The hundreds of people on a map has not yet been accomplished, with full graphical power, their is a game engine that can provide hundreds of people on a map, but graphics suffer. But I think that they should do something like 3 weapons, or being able to pick up weapons you find...
Correction... There is a game that does not suffer graphically and allows more than 200 people on at one time. It will be released early January...

MAG

Looks like a fruit cake to me. - Brutus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
I don't want to get my hopes up, but it's like the planets are aligning or something.
M@RS is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2009, 03:39 PM   #55
Jet Trooper
Lurker

Melee would make it awesome.
Jet Trooper is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2009, 10:49 PM   #56
jawathehutt
Its 5 o'clock somewhere

Current Game: Deus Ex forever
Quote:
Originally Posted by M@RS View Post
Correction... There is a game that does not suffer graphically and allows more than 200 people on at one time. It will be released early January...

MAG
Joint Operations had servers of 150 in 2004. Sorry to burst your bubble.

"Everyone that posts here is aware of the game, thanks though." ET
Chad Dumeer, Deus Ex: "When government surveillance and intimidation is called "freedom from terrorism" or "liberation from crime", freedom and liberty have become words without meanings."
"Es lebe die Freiheit!"(Freedom lives)
Hans Scholl
"It is Lucasarts"~ LordJhredmo
jawathehutt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-07-2010, 05:21 AM   #57
Matt 20 1
Lurker

Current Game: Battlefront II
With controlling capital ships. Isn't that a bit unrealistic? They have whole crews of people to do that. And they wouldn't be moving anyway, they are engaging in combat...

Of course, if they made the map large enough for the ships to movie without going 'out of bounds', then I'll be happy to have ships move, but you should have no say in it. You're a normal everyday trooper remember.

Also get rid of the autoturrets. They made dogfighting not worth getting shot out of the sky every few minutes. Still have manned turrets, but not auto ones.
Matt 20 1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-07-2010, 07:16 AM   #58
Te Darasuum Mandalor
Forumite

Current Game: POTC: New Horizons
View page
YouTube Video
Unless if they make sterring ships and combat more like the Age of Sail games, only space. You can also have an option to switch to fighter mode. Here, this link will give you an idea of how ship-to-ship combat should look like. Only pretend these bad boys are star destroyers.
Te Darasuum Mandalor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-26-2010, 03:13 PM   #59
kalle90
Rookie

Is this for general suggestions or just for yours? Anyways, some stuff I'd like.

Custom armies in a nutshell:
- Entirely optional, available in other modes than campaign
1. You get (10 000?) credits to build an army with
2. Every character / vehicle / other item costs a certain sum (There are minimum and maximal limits so no one would get 1 000 basic troopers)
3. You can form squads (vehicles and weapon dispensers etc. too) who spawn around the same time and work together
4. An ability to name and customize individual characters would be nice for some people atleast

I doubt this can be said enough, but what I'd like the game be basically:
- Ground troop gameplay from Battlefront 1
- Jedi gameplay from Jedi Knight
- Republic Commando style depth for individual soldiers, teammates and storytelling
- Rogue Squadron style space battles with Battlefront 2 style on foot action
All bonuses like in BF2 should be optional. I hate unlocking troops and special weapons over and over again
kalle90 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-26-2010, 09:40 PM   #60
Bokken
Wizard of Yendor

Current Game: Abandoned Realms
You know, I usually hate topic necromancers, but that is an interesting idea. I don't really agree with the custom armies, because it makes it seem like an RTS.

Your second section, though, was interesting. It's the best of all worlds; I've played all of those games, and I have to agree that they all excel in what they do; Battlefront was a jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none. If you combined all the best elements of the specialty games, though, you'd end up with an awesome game. Not so sure about the Jedi gameplay bit, though...I didn't like heroes in the game at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJhredmo
It is LucasArts.
Bokken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-31-2010, 08:30 AM   #61
Darth Eclipse

Current Game: Crysis 2,Dead Space2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalle90 View Post
Is this for general suggestions or just for yours? Anyways, some stuff I'd like.

Custom armies in a nutshell:
- Entirely optional, available in other modes than campaign
1. You get (10 000?) credits to build an army with
2. Every character / vehicle / other item costs a certain sum (There are minimum and maximal limits so no one would get 1 000 basic troopers)
3. You can form squads (vehicles and weapon dispensers etc. too) who spawn around the same time and work together
4. An ability to name and customize individual characters would be nice for some people atleast

I doubt this can be said enough, but what I'd like the game be basically:
- Ground troop gameplay from Battlefront 1
- Jedi gameplay from Jedi Knight
- Republic Commando style depth for individual soldiers, teammates and storytelling
- Rogue Squadron style space battles with Battlefront 2 style on foot action
All bonuses like in BF2 should be optional. I hate unlocking troops and special weapons over and over again
This would make a perfect game.

Darth Eclipse is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-16-2011, 11:17 AM   #62
Mr Jango
Lurker

Wink

Hi, I'm new, but I think you should be able to create your own map or weapons or army.
You should also be able to fly from a space battle into a planetary battle. I think that would be cool.
Mr Jango is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2011, 03:58 PM   #63
Morgoth780
Lurker

maybe add maps and stuff from KOTOR? I know the conversion pack 2.2 already does that for bf2, but maybe actually have it in the game?
also maybe more classes?
Morgoth780 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-20-2012, 01:13 AM   #64
wrench
Lurker

make the capital ships more useable (turrets,flying) more fighters in the space battles and have the ships back in the land battles with full destucable enviroment and big wrecks stay in place or wreckage from a space battle falling down on the land battles veriouse maps extras like the sarlac pit and random events that just happin during a battle to change the flow of the fight ie ( crashed escape pod with vip needin guarding till pick up arives and what about havein some customizeing like better blasters after making so many kills with a class just a thought
wrench is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-24-2012, 01:41 PM   #65
joesdomain
The Emperor

Current Game: The Force Unleashed
Here are my ideas for this game if it ever is released:

I was never a fan of space battles or flying in the land battles. I thought it was cool it beginning but the PS2 on Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2 made it difficult to fly and hit targets. Plus the map was too small for land battles.

No flying! Keep it land based ground to ground combat!

Maps to include: Mos Eisley, Mos Espa, Jabba's Palace, Dune Sea, Hoth, Endor, Cloud City, Theed, Naboo Plains, Dagobah, Death Star I, Tantive IV, Mustafar, Utapau, Salucemi, Cato Neimodia, Felucia, Alderran, Yavin 4, Geonosis, Kamino, Kaskyyyk, Dantoonie.

Troopers,soliders, etc. that I want to see: Imperial Royal Guards, Imperial Officers, AT-AT Pilot, AT-ST Pilot

Basically any vehicle seen in the movies should be playable.

"You Rebel Scum"

"Wipe them out, all of them"
joesdomain is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-24-2012, 01:50 PM   #66
Alexrd

Current Game: Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3 HD
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesdomain View Post
No flying! Keep it land based ground to ground combat!
Thankfully that's never going to happen if this game is ever made. No flying? Really? This is Star Wars.

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-07-2012, 01:34 AM   #67
MechLiHer
Lurker

Okay so I have been thinking about BF3 for the past 3+years and I think:

1. Customizable armor for single player. As you level up (more levels needed) you gain the ability to add either colors/details or extra armor that help in combat. Such as a blast skirt helps protect you against blasts (Duh) a shoulder pauldron helps against blaster fire. Along with these benefits comes detriments such as more armor equals less speed/maneuverability.
2. (Optional) Move the customization's over to multi-player but leave the perks in single player.
3. Pick up able weapons. After killing an enemy you should be able to pick their weapon up. With that said a sniper should have a damage reduction on attack with a shotgun and vise-versa. If you are playing as a specific class then you shouldn't be as good with other weapons as you are with your class weapons.
4. Melee, melee, melee. It needs to be added. With the volume of new and old games that has melee I think that Battlefront needs it.
5. Increased "gore." Not a I shoot you in the head and your head explodes in massive amounts of blood and brain, but how about a blaster hole through it, or blaster holes in a guys chest after I blast him with a shotgun. Simple things like that that make it a bit more realistic.
6. Destructible battlefield. Not to the point where I call in a blast of turbo fire from space and half the field is destroyed but how about some of the buildings the non-essential ones.
7. Better space battles. Way too small and too short. Once I found a method to breaking through and shutting them down from the inside it was game over. So maybe more capital ships (moving would be nice) and alot more fighter to fighter action.
8. A longer storyline. BF1 may be the better battlefront but BF 2 definitely has a better story. Almost no one can argue that.
9. And finally unlockable weapons. Maybe not in multi-player but definitely in single and maybe even galactic conquest. (On the galactic conquest note, more options needed, and role over most of the singleplayer stuff but make it so that you have to earn it again in the conquest)
These are just my thoughts and I have had ample time to digest the pros and cons of each of them. This sounds like my type of BF3.
MechLiHer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-07-2012, 09:34 AM   #68
LordOfTheFish

Current Game: Tomb Raider
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechLiHer View Post
Okay so I have been thinking about BF3 for the past 3+years and I think:

1. Customizable armor for single player. As you level up (more levels needed) you gain the ability to add either colors/details or extra armor that help in combat. Such as a blast skirt helps protect you against blasts (Duh) a shoulder pauldron helps against blaster fire. Along with these benefits comes detriments such as more armor equals less speed/maneuverability.
2. (Optional) Move the customization's over to multi-player but leave the perks in single player.
3. Pick up able weapons. After killing an enemy you should be able to pick their weapon up. With that said a sniper should have a damage reduction on attack with a shotgun and vise-versa. If you are playing as a specific class then you shouldn't be as good with other weapons as you are with your class weapons.
4. Melee, melee, melee. It needs to be added. With the volume of new and old games that has melee I think that Battlefront needs it.
5. Increased "gore." Not a I shoot you in the head and your head explodes in massive amounts of blood and brain, but how about a blaster hole through it, or blaster holes in a guys chest after I blast him with a shotgun. Simple things like that that make it a bit more realistic.
6. Destructible battlefield. Not to the point where I call in a blast of turbo fire from space and half the field is destroyed but how about some of the buildings the non-essential ones.
7. Better space battles. Way too small and too short. Once I found a method to breaking through and shutting them down from the inside it was game over. So maybe more capital ships (moving would be nice) and alot more fighter to fighter action.
8. A longer storyline. BF1 may be the better battlefront but BF 2 definitely has a better story. Almost no one can argue that.
9. And finally unlockable weapons. Maybe not in multi-player but definitely in single and maybe even galactic conquest. (On the galactic conquest note, more options needed, and role over most of the singleplayer stuff but make it so that you have to earn it again in the conquest)
These are just my thoughts and I have had ample time to digest the pros and cons of each of them. This sounds like my type of BF3.
1-6 make it sound like you want a Star Wars Call of Duty

All I really want are some new maps, a few new classes, weapons, and vehicles.

LordOfTheFish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-07-2012, 11:20 AM   #69
Mandalore5
Rookie

Current Game: Empire at War:Thrawn's Revenge
I think they should have all the maps from the previous BFs (Dune Sea on BF1 was very good), and bring back AI factions against both (like the sand people in Dune Sea & Gamorreans in Jabba's Palace).

I'm Mandalore, KotOR scripter-for-hire. Some know me, most don't. Here I am either way.
My KotOR1 Restoration Project (not just mine, there's someone else): http://deadlystream.com/forum/forum/...storation-k1r/
Mandalore5 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-07-2012, 04:48 PM   #70
MechLiHer
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfTheFish View Post
1-6 make it sound like you want a Star Wars Call of Duty

All I really want are some new maps, a few new classes, weapons, and vehicles.
The only main problem with COD is that it isn't star wars, and it has a weak story line.
MechLiHer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-09-2012, 10:45 AM   #71
LordOfTheFish

Current Game: Tomb Raider
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechLiHer View Post
The only main problem with COD is that it isn't star wars, and it has a weak story line.
That is true. However I personally liked the way Battlefront was.

LordOfTheFish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars: Battlefront (DICE) > General Discussion > SWB3 Ideas