lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Things You'd Like to See in KotOR III.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-23-2012, 06:22 PM   #161
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimartin View Post
Says someone that has not tried it.

Lynk Former is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-24-2012, 09:12 AM   #162
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimartin View Post
I am very happy someone talked me into this game...
Who managed that?

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-24-2012, 09:19 AM   #163
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
The guy that posted just before you.
mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-24-2012, 01:16 PM   #164
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
In my opinion, The Old Republic is not really a sequel to the KotOR franchise. Apart from the references to KotOR that are there for the fanboys and plot points that tie up the loose ends about Revan, the Exile and other characters from the games, it shares not much with the KotOR franchise, I think. The music, while always nice to hear, doesn't fit the setting, which is enforced when I hear Manaan's Theme on Alderaan or Tatooine's Theme on the ravaged Taris world. (okay, that led me to a nostalgia trip through KotOR music on Youtube, dammit!)

To me, these little things don't do much to hide the fact that this game is not a KotOR game, but stands completely on its own, with its own themes, stories and artistic designs. Which is fine by me, of course. I just wish they hadn't advertised this as KotORs 4 to 10-11-12 or whatever it was.

PSN id: BE_Miltiades

Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-24-2012, 07:15 PM   #165
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Current Game: Soul Calibur 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miltiades View Post
I just wish they hadn't advertised this as KotORs 4 to 10-11-12 or whatever it was.
We have 2 KOTORs, and TOR has 8 classes to choose from. So that'd be KOTOR 3-10 if it was actually a sequel. I'm of the opinion it is not.

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-25-2012, 01:40 PM   #166
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Avlectus View Post
I'm of the opinion it is not.
Your opinion does not count.

Miltiades is right, TOR isn't a true sequel, but it is about as close as we are ever going to get to a sequel.

And it is a whole lot of fun to play.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:05 PM   #167
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
I'm still wondering if it hadn't made more sense to make a singleplayer KotOR sequel than TOR, profit-wise: a game like KotOR III would almost have the allure of Skyrim or Mass Effect 3, perhaps even more. It would certainly have yielded a nice profit, while we're not exactly sure when TOR is going to make a profit, if at all, especially with all the money thrown into its development. It still makes me kinda sad thinking about KotOR III.

Anyway, I can't disagree with the fact TOR is fun to play, though. Bounty Hunters are boss.

PSN id: BE_Miltiades

Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-25-2012, 04:34 PM   #168
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
ToR and the Revan Novel have basically dropped a steamy crap all over any none mmo continuation of KotOR, so unless we could have alternate/Parallel time-lines it would suck.

(Just my Opinion, as you can probably tell, tOR was not the game I was looking for )

Last edited by adamqd; 01-25-2012 at 04:42 PM.
adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-27-2012, 02:22 PM   #169
logan23
Veteran

Current Game: Revenge of Revan
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Contest winner - Modding Hot Topic Starter 
There is always a way to make a sequel of kotor that could fit in between kotor2 and TOR , plus not rock the cannon.

Trust me i found a way

logan23 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-27-2012, 02:51 PM   #170
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamqd View Post
ToR and the Revan Novel have basically dropped a steamy crap all over any none mmo continuation of KotOR, so unless we could have alternate/Parallel time-lines it would suck.
I guess I will have to wait to play another class to see this or it is on the last planet, because the smuggler quests and the Revan storyline up until 99% of the next to last planet being done only involves superficial references to Revan. Barely even remember the TSL even being referenced at all. Maybe more of a Jedi/Sith class quests thing.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:25 PM   #171
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Given the way the plot played out in the Revan novel, not too sure what you'd really do with a K3 at this point. Still, given that game plots of K1/TSL can deviate from canon, I guess they could figure something out if they wanted to badly enough.

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-28-2012, 09:01 PM   #172
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Current Game: Soul Calibur 5
Kunists and some other stuff like that. And the KOTOR comics have made a rather disconnected and irrelevant bunch of stories. It sort of needs references and a tying up.

I agree the novel has killed any real K3 ever happening. I'm avoiding posting about the novel. I suppose it's my way of keeping it alive for myself and delaying the inevitable. My review won't be negative, just realistic and fair. Afterall I liked Drew Karpyshyn's work on the Darth Bane series and think that is his best novel work. From what little interaction I've had with him online, I'm left with the impression he is fairly likeable in person. Just hope he understands I won't be speaking from a position of anger nor an overly idealistic stance.

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-01-2012, 09:02 AM   #173
Ignoble
Lurker

I am not sure of the etiquette in this forum (i.e. should I post here or start a new topic), but I thought best to keep one topic rather than many versions.

Anyway, a rough idea as to how I would have liked to have seen Kotor 3 (unfortunately, it seems this will just be an intellectual exercise, as it seems unlikely it will be made). Not a polished outline, just some plot points. It ignores SW:TOR and the novel Revan (for the most part at least). The Exile could also be included, but I have not mentioned that here.

I would like as little canon is used as possible. I refer to Revan as "he" for simplicity, but "she" is just as valid. Any romance is flagged, and plays a part in the story.

- Revan is getting accustomed to to life again, and slowly begins to recover some memories.

- He recalls the existence of the emperor, realises he needs to be stopped.

- He is tormented by visions of a potential future, showing him imprisoned by the emperor (i.e. the future outlined in SW:TOR/Revan). This point marks the break with the current story, but still references it and uses it as a plot device.

- Due to his glimpse of the dark potential future, he realises that travelling alone will end in tragedy. Needs to gather allies.

- Travels to recruit old comrades, and powerful people in the galaxy who may be sympathetic.

- Travels to the Jedi Council to ask for their aid. This causes major problems.
(1) Some have not forgiven him for starting the war.
(2) If he romanced Bastila, more are angry at the loss of one of the most promising Jedis.
(3) More importantly, Revan before the council, asking for aid in a non-sanctioned endeavour is a horrible reminder of how the Jedi Civil War started.
Possibly an option here to take some supportive Jedi, but at the cost of infuriating the council, and being disowned by them.

- Once recruitment is completed to the player's satisfaction, the party travels to the outer rim.

- Memories continue to return, shown in flashbacks when revisiting a place where Darth Revan had previously been.

- Battles with the true Sith.

- Eventually makes it to the emperor's base. Good chance to lose party members, depending on choices made here and previously. Can defeat emperor, at least temporarily. Possible option to side with (replace?) the emperor.

- Returns from the outer rim to republic space. Possibly as a pariah - no one realises what he has done except the Jedi, and the Jedi potentially have disowned him even if it was a LS path.

[Some scenes (e.g. Jedi council) would have to be altered/replaced for a DS Revan, but that would not create insurmountable difficulties].
Ignoble is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-01-2012, 09:25 AM   #174
battle111
Forumite

Current Game: SWTOR and LOTRO
Cool Guy well

Space battles, more great duels,greater theme's in kotor and good looking sith lords like darth revan and that's all au and corusant also

Who you are light or dark hmm!!!

battle111 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2012, 05:45 PM   #175
DarthMourlock
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignoble View Post

I would like as little canon is used as possible. I refer to Revan as "he" for simplicity, but "she" is just as valid. Any romance is flagged, and plays a part in the story.

- Revan is getting accustomed to to life again, and slowly begins to recover some memories.

- He recalls the existence of the emperor, realises he needs to be stopped.

- He is tormented by visions of a potential future, showing him imprisoned by the emperor (i.e. the future outlined in SW:TOR/Revan). This point marks the break with the current story, but still references it and uses it as a plot device.

- Due to his glimpse of the dark potential future, he realises that travelling alone will end in tragedy. Needs to gather allies.

- Travels to recruit old comrades, and powerful people in the galaxy who may be sympathetic.

- Travels to the Jedi Council to ask for their aid. This causes major problems.
(1) Some have not forgiven him for starting the war.
(2) If he romanced Bastila, more are angry at the loss of one of the most promising Jedis.
(3) More importantly, Revan before the council, asking for aid in a non-sanctioned endeavour is a horrible reminder of how the Jedi Civil War started.
Possibly an option here to take some supportive Jedi, but at the cost of infuriating the council, and being disowned by them.

- Once recruitment is completed to the player's satisfaction, the party travels to the outer rim.

- Memories continue to return, shown in flashbacks when revisiting a place where Darth Revan had previously been.

- Battles with the true Sith.

- Eventually makes it to the emperor's base. Good chance to lose party members, depending on choices made here and previously. Can defeat emperor, at least temporarily. Possible option to side with (replace?) the emperor.

- Returns from the outer rim to republic space. Possibly as a pariah - no one realises what he has done except the Jedi, and the Jedi potentially have disowned him even if it was a LS path.

The thing is, if you played KOTOR 2 then you'd learn so much more about Revan. One thing about Revan was that he is a military genius, he strategically manipulates people (there was a reason why he wanted the Exile to travel with him). He also fell to the dark side on purpose, it was all planned from the beginning.

If KOTOR 3 portrays Revan as a bumbling idiot like he was in KOTOR 1 then....well.....I'd rather not play it at all. They have to show Revan being the smart intellectual that he is, show him strategizing, have dialogue where you are shown how smart you are, have you lie and manipulate people like Kreia did. Now that's how it should be done.
DarthMourlock is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-20-2012, 11:57 PM   #176
The Lord of Chaos
Rookie

I'd like to see Obsidian make Knights III and forget BioWare's MMO ever happened. Play as a new character and let the player decide what Revan and the Exile's gender and alignment are. **** canon.
The Lord of Chaos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2013, 01:43 PM   #177
L0ki194
Rookie

Current Game: MK9, L4D2, Gmod TTT
This is a long one....
MY IDEAS

If Revan and Exile are bothe Dark Side, you are Sith. If they're Light Side you are Republic.

CUSTOMIZATION:

1) Choose your class, then sub class.

2) More head options like face Structure presets, skin tones, eye colors, hair colors, BEARDS, tattoos, scars, other races like Twi'leks, etc.

3) Saber hilts, saber colors, styles: Single, Twin (Two sabers), Double saber, short.

4) Able to choose Revan and Exile's gender, face, alignment, saber(s), able to choose Exile's name.

RETURNING CHARACTERS:

1) From KOTOR: Mission Vao, Jolee Bindo, Juhani

2) From TSL: Mira, Handmaiden/Brianna, Disiple/Mical, Visas Marr

3) General: Revan, The Exile, Bastila Shan, T3-M4, HK-47, Canderous Ordo/Mandalore.

PLANETS:

1) Returning: Korriban, Dantooine, Tatooine, Telos, Narr Shaddaa, Onderon. Taris

2) Returning, If Survived from Previous Games: Malachor V, Star Forge and Star Forge system/Lehon.

3) New: Hoth, Tython, Ilum, Ord Mantell, Raxis Prime, Hutta, and other cool planets.

STORY:

0) Have 1 out of 3 different Love Intrest stories.

1 LS) Jedi Order 45% Rebuilt, Search w/ Exile for Revan in Unknown Regions.

1 DS) Sith Empire Reigns over the Galaxy. Search w/ Exile for Revan in Unknown Regions.

2) Find information about Revan on unknown worlds at current time. Train with the Exile to learn the Force and build Lightsaber.

3) Found Revan, The three of you sabotage alot of stuff for the "True" Sith.

4) Return Home: Go Back to Known/Charted Space.

5) Revan & Bastila Re-united.

6) Choose a faction: Republic or Sith. (This applies to if say Revan was LS and Exile was DS, or vice versa)

7) Optional: Choose Mini/Sub-Faction(s): Exchange, Czerka, etc.

8) LS; Help with Republic Operations and Rebuild the Jedi Order.
DS; Help with Sith Conquests and Destroy the Jedi.

9) LS; 3 years pass, Jedi Order at 80%, revengful Sith invade to destroy Revan, Exile, and YOU.
DS; 3 years pass, Jedi Order Destroyed, True Sith arrive to take the Sith Empire of Revan, The Exile and You.
9B) Republic 1: Revan and Bastila train you in the Light Side has unstable truce with The Exile and his/her Sith Empire.
Republic 2: The Exile Trains you in the Light Side, Republic has unstable truce with Revan and his/her Sith Empire.

Sith 1: The Exile trains you in the Dark Side, Sith has unstable truce between Republic.
Sith 2: Revan and Bastila train you in the Dark Side, Sith has unstable truce between Republic.

10) Applies to faction decision: Republic and Sith strengthen truce to fight The True Sith.

11) EPIC FINAL BATTLE WITH EMPEROR OF THE TRUE SITH.

ENDINGS:

LS; Republic victorious in War with True Sith. Revan and Bastila spend the rest of their lives together and have 1-2 Children. Exile remains Jedi Grand Master. You marry your love intrest and stay attached to the Jedi.

DS; Sith Empire wins. Revan the Dark Lord of The Sith, Bastila at his side. Exile is Main Admiral/General of the Sith Army. You Train under all 3 Masters and become a Sith Lord.

DS2; Sith Empire wins. You kill Revan, Bastila, and The Exile. You Gain their power and become Dark Lord.

FACTION ENDINGS:

Republic 1: Republic and Sith Empire defeat True Sith. Truce is strong between Republic and Sith. Revan becomes Jedi Grand Master. Revan and Bastila live the rest of their lives together. Exile continues as Dark Lord. You become a Jedi Master.

Republic 2: Republic and Sith Empire defeat True Sith. Truce is strong between Republic and Sith. Exile is Jedi Grand Master. Revan remains Dark Lord of The Sith with Bastila at his side. You become a Jedi Master.

Sith 1: Republic and Sith Empire defeat True Sith. Truce is strong between Republic and Sith. Revan becomes Jedi Grand Master. Revan and Bastila live the rest of their lives together. Exile continues as Dark Lord. You become a Sith Lord.

Sith 2: Republic and Sith Empire defeat True Sith. Truce is strong between Republic and Sith. Exile is Jedi Grand Master. Revan remains Dark Lord of The Sith with Bastila at his side. You become a Sith Lord.
L0ki194 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2013, 09:59 PM   #178
The Lord of Chaos
Rookie

Sounds awesome man, too bad we'll never see anything like that ever happen.
The Lord of Chaos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > Things You'd Like to See in KotOR III.